Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148357 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1170 on: February 08, 2020, 04:41:55 am »

Well, some of those I should be able to help with, and they sound fun.

Ask about..

-capturing a phoenix/phoenix feathers.

-fuel and magic strengthening materials.

-capturing /consuming souls.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:46:15 am by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 08, 2020, 08:54:56 am »

alright, guess I’ll go find my station and bond with this thing

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 08, 2020, 07:54:42 pm »

safely anchor down the doll then leave it and reenter the chamber
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 09, 2020, 11:01:26 am »

"Oh, so it's not a real cannon."
I am disappoint.
"Well, I suppose that's fine. I mean, what you're saying is the bug's weapons are anything we want them to be, right? So... huh..."
I begin thinking of various kinds of armament, generally on a recurring theme of cannons with various kinds of shells. maybe something like a cruiser? I mean, a battleship would be awesome, but we need to be really versatile...

"Gotta go big, but redundant in case of bad things. Gonna need some way to handle small things up close, little interception guns probably, maybe blades like mine? we're going to a fire place with fire things so need to resist fire..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 09, 2020, 02:51:19 pm »

Think to the ship: I'm sorry but I don't think we can do much without a source of fuel. What do you think you would fly best on?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 23, 2020, 07:47:37 pm »

Wake up or come to my senses or whatever. Observe surroundings. Consider what I'm supposed to be doing.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 25, 2020, 08:56:34 am »

Well, some of those I should be able to help with, and they sound fun.

Ask about..

-capturing a phoenix/phoenix feathers.

-fuel and magic strengthening materials.

-capturing /consuming souls.

For the first, it is generally agreed that you wold have to either go to an arid, hot place, or possibly a volcano, or else to a place in which a significant entity has placed their life on the line in a world changing event. There one might find a phoenix. I suppose there are other locations and times as well.
For the second, well, 'fuel' is a pretty broad term, is it not? And you'll either need lots of it, or a self replenishing type.
For the third, you have lots of options. Omega is in the soul business, as it were.

alright, guess I’ll go find my station and bond with this thing
(3) you sit on a stump and do the Thinker pose. You feel two large, hairy antennae brush up against your back, shoulders, and neck, then withdraw. A small swarm of beetles crawls up your leg and sits idly there, as if awaiting instruction.

safely anchor down the doll then leave it and reenter the chamber
Going in as a gas? (3) You sense a large, amorphous presence, as of one not fully developed. it seems to be divided, or sprouting tentacles? In this form, you attract it';s attention, and it recognizes you as a fellow being, and as a bond holder. It's not friendly or anything, but it's at least cooperative.

"Oh, so it's not a real cannon."
I am disappoint.
"Well, I suppose that's fine. I mean, what you're saying is the bug's weapons are anything we want them to be, right? So... huh..."
I begin thinking of various kinds of armament, generally on a recurring theme of cannons with various kinds of shells. maybe something like a cruiser? I mean, a battleship would be awesome, but we need to be really versatile...

"Gotta go big, but redundant in case of bad things. Gonna need some way to handle small things up close, little interception guns probably, maybe blades like mine? we're going to a fire place with fire things so need to resist fire..."
"I doubt the ship will have the physical dexterity to properly use blades like yours, but, if you develop them carefully, it might work. real cannons are definitely an option. As for size and number, bigger and more is great, but do remember the ship's primary purpose: to transport whatever it is you bring back as a Sun. That is to say, make sure you leave enough of the ship available for that purpose."

Think to the ship: I'm sorry but I don't think we can do much without a source of fuel. What do you think you would fly best on?
"I am fully energized. I can collect nectar from a variety of environments, should there be life in that place. For instance ..." A faint, but powerful buzz rises in the back of your mind for a few moments, then fades. "Strange. There is no Nectar in this Place."

Wake up or come to my senses or whatever. Observe surroundings. Consider what I'm supposed to be doing.       
you wake up in a closet, surrounded by mops and buckets and some sort of flaky white powder. You see the corner of a magazine highlighted in the glow from under the edge of the closet door. You think back ... provisiopns for a trip! You were bringing provisions to a bigass buglooking spaceship at Omega and hid in the closet when a gaggle of gorleys wandered past. Their eyes all on you like you were the center of attention .... so creepy.

Oh no. You are on board the ship. When was the launch scheduled for again?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:00:11 am by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 25, 2020, 10:28:15 am »

think to the ship: Good. We are planning to collect a star from a plane filled with fire and energy. A star being a giant sphere of fire and energy. If you are ready, we can begin travel
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:08:48 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 25, 2020, 11:00:08 am »

Go on a mission to collect phoenixes and phoenix feathers.  Volcanic environment sounds good.

See if I can get any necessary gear.  IIRC, phoenixes spend some time as an egg or immature phoenixes when killed, so they're probably easier to transfer in that form, particularly if they're larger than I am.  If they're smaller, I might just be able to knock them out and transfer them into some kind of cage.  I'll probably also need some kind of fireproof crates to store the feathers in.  So, phoenix cages and crates for phoenix feathers, plus a fireproof bag for Freddy to carry the feathers back from the volcano to the teleport portal.

Other stuff.. well, some kind of stunner might be good.  Maybe electrical, given that I have metallic claws and scales?  If that's not viable, something else.  I only need it for the mission.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:19:37 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 25, 2020, 02:42:39 pm »

Look at the beetles curiously for a moment before saying the word “dance”

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 26, 2020, 08:06:42 pm »

Check what sensory equipment the ship has
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 10, 2020, 06:43:54 am »

Go on a mission to collect phoenixes and phoenix feathers.  Volcanic environment sounds good.

See if I can get any necessary gear.  IIRC, phoenixes spend some time as an egg or immature phoenixes when killed, so they're probably easier to transfer in that form, particularly if they're larger than I am.  If they're smaller, I might just be able to knock them out and transfer them into some kind of cage.  I'll probably also need some kind of fireproof crates to store the feathers in.  So, phoenix cages and crates for phoenix feathers, plus a fireproof bag for Freddy to carry the feathers back from the volcano to the teleport portal.

Other stuff.. well, some kind of stunner might be good.  Maybe electrical, given that I have metallic claws and scales?  If that's not viable, something else.  I only need it for the mission.

Okay, you get a small, two wheeled tow-along with several cages, a chest of fireproof drawers, and ... why do you need fireproof bags AND crates? well, whatever, you get them both. As for an electrical stunner, you get a set of rings attached by chain to a bracelet on your surviving leg. Squeze the tail talon ring when gripping with the claw and it will discharge a shock.

you tromp through the portal (1) and sink knee deep into ash, which is also thick in the air, blocking vision and threatening to get into your lungs and turn to cement. The cart becomes half sled behind you, bottoming out on the thick ash.

think to the ship: Good. We are planning to collect a star from a plane filled with fire and energy. A star being a giant sphere of fire and energy. If you are ready, we can begin travel
"I am ready."

All Hands prepare for launch. DING. DING. DING. Launch in t-minus 30 and counting.

Look at the beetles curiously for a moment before saying the word “dance”
(1) You lean close in  and stare for a minute, then take a deep breath to speak, inhaling an errant moth and suddenly coughing violently instead.

Check what sensory equipment the ship has
It has those four antennae, which provide a variety of inputs - natural light, thermal, ultraviolet, motion sensors, radio waves, possibly magicule detection. There are a small array of holographic screens at the command platform that project these readings. (5) upon further investigation, you note several internal monitors, weapon guidance lenses, and intercomms and some kind of probe bay for launching ... probes. Maybe to Uranus?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 11, 2020, 12:15:07 am »

(Was thinking of pushing crates back through the portal so they can be emptied and sent back, while I go get more with the bags.)

Close my normal eye.  The cybereye should be pretty safe from ash buildup, but keep one wing over my head for a moment to keep some of the ash out.

Breathing.. well, try breathing slowly and carefully to see if I can handle the ash.  My plasmabreath should be able to melt it, maybe even boil it, so maybe do some of that and try to spit out the molten glass like water.  If it's really bad, I might have to spend some time under a makeshift tent using a couple of crates and bags to cover my head.

If I can get a handle on it, try to move to a more stable location and get a look around.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:05:47 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 11, 2020, 05:48:36 am »

Let’s go through the portal If the ship is having trouble finding the portal guide her to it

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 11, 2020, 06:59:09 am »

be sure that I’m securely strapped in so I don’t bounce around. Maybe the beetles can help with that.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85