Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148266 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1185 on: March 11, 2020, 11:03:21 pm »

Work to guide the ship through the portal, once there start to send out probes to get an idea of the surrounding area
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 12, 2020, 10:54:19 pm »

Wander into the ship and see where the weapon station is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:56:34 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 13, 2020, 08:08:44 am »

Continue to sit in whatever nook, cranny and/or cupboard I'm hiding in.
Hug my knees to my chest and try not to whimper as I wait for
my imminent demise the ship to launch.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 23, 2020, 01:54:52 am »

(Was thinking of pushing crates back through the portal so they can be emptied and sent back, while I go get more with the bags.)

Close my normal eye.  The cybereye should be pretty safe from ash buildup, but keep one wing over my head for a moment to keep some of the ash out.

Breathing.. well, try breathing slowly and carefully to see if I can handle the ash.  My plasmabreath should be able to melt it, maybe even boil it, so maybe do some of that and try to spit out the molten glass like water.  If it's really bad, I might have to spend some time under a makeshift tent using a couple of crates and bags to cover my head.

If I can get a handle on it, try to move to a more stable location and get a look around.

(4) You are able to, with some care, filter the ash before it reaches your lungs. You try covering your nose with some bags, but find that the ash is too fine and slips through the weave. Burning the ash is a very temporary solution, as the air is quite thick with the stuff. Maybe getting above it would work, if you can get that high. Otherwise, gotta devise a better filtration plan than covering your nose.

Let’s go through the portal If the ship is having trouble finding the portal guide her to it
You don't really have a clue where the portal is, though. But the beetle seems to know where it is going. See the bottom of the post for what happens.

be sure that I’m securely strapped in so I don’t bounce around. Maybe the beetles can help with that.
You are securely webbed into place by the beetles, who spin some kind of coccoon around you like a spider or a caterpillar might do. Maybe you are going to turn into a beautiful butterfly ... or maybe something's lunch?

Wander into the ship and see where the weapon station is.
The weapon station is on the command deck - well, there are individual weapon stations where the weapons are mounted too.

Work to guide the ship through the portal, once there start to send out probes to get an idea of the surrounding area
See the bottom of the post for your probes.

Continue to sit in whatever nook, cranny and/or cupboard I'm hiding in.
Hug my knees to my chest and try not to whimper as I wait for
my imminent demise the ship to launch.   
(4) your crying is oddly comforting, if a bit gooey.

BLIP

The ship makes that sound, and suddenly the light from outside changes from the normal desert brightness to a kaleidoscope of brilliance, which is quickly dimmed by the command deck's  shell. After a few moments, your eyes adjust to the new lighting. It seems as if the sky before yu is filled with light, each reaching out from a point, a sphere, or some object of another shape. the boundaries between the light sources seem stark: hard lines where the light seems to push against the opposing light of another sphere, forming strange geometric bubbles. Through this matrix, streams of light also flow, generally ignoring the boundaries or flowing alongside them. in the streams, smaller, darker shapes can be seen, some moving with the current, some moving against it, some seemingly in place within. The light in the sphere in which you have arrived is deep purple (not violet or indigo or ultraviolet, but actually purple), and seems to be coming from somewhere behind the ship.

Vladen launches four probes in a pyramid pattern and they extend out form the ship, giving a clearer view of everything nearby. It seems the closest other sphere is an algae green. The light source of the sphere you are in seems to be some kind of castle, complete with crenelations on top and a large, wide drawbridge with barred arched gateway. There is a stream running through the light blue sphere off to your left and below.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:07 am »

Mmm.. that is tricky.  How fireproof are the chest of drawers and the crates?  This is assuming the crates are metal.

Break apart a crate to make two flat plates of crate material, and a long strip of metal.  Punch two holes in them, roughly in the middle.  Bend them a bit so they meet at the sides and far end.. leaving a space wide enough to fit my muzzle in.  keep them stuck together, either by welding them with more serious firebreath or just sticking the end in a bag, whichever seems better.  Then make a strap to keep it attached to my head, either welding the ends of the metal strip to the thing leaving a loop, or cutting small holes with one of my claws and shoving the strip through, bending it flat on the other sides, also leaving a loop.

Then stick my muzzle in the open end, and use firebreath to keep the whole contraption glowing hot enough to melt the ash.  The hole on the top will let air in, but the high temperature will cause the ash to melt out of the air, and drip out the hole in the bottom.  The strap can go around my little horns.  The air will be extremely hot, but that should be ok.

If this doesn't work, just put my head inside a crate and see if I can wait out a few hours for the weather to hopefully change a bit.  If it gets really bad, I'll have to retreat to the portal to avoid dying.

If it gets better or stays the same, take to the air and see if I can get over it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:31:51 am by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 23, 2020, 09:24:59 am »

I still don’t quite feel bonded with this thing so I’m going to try again.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 24, 2020, 10:50:36 am »

Pilot towards the castle
"Alright everyone, there's a floating castle and orbs of elements, we're going to check them out."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 24, 2020, 10:56:55 am »

Let’s go towards the castle, the source of the light of the current sphere we are in

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 01, 2020, 01:28:54 pm »

not knowing what I'm doing, I'm going to wander over to the station and see what the buttons do? where do I go to say hi to the ship? I dunno. Ima be rather aimlessly ambling about and doing whatever comes to mind, fiddling around with things semi-haphazardly to figure out what's what, and trying to learn how and why to everything but with no real sense of urgency to anything.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 01, 2020, 06:13:48 pm »

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.
See if I can hear any sounds from outside.   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 04, 2020, 11:17:47 am »

Mmm.. that is tricky.  How fireproof are the chest of drawers and the crates?  This is assuming the crates are metal.

Break apart a crate to make two flat plates of crate material, and a long strip of metal.  Punch two holes in them, roughly in the middle.  Bend them a bit so they meet at the sides and far end.. leaving a space wide enough to fit my muzzle in.  keep them stuck together, either by welding them with more serious firebreath or just sticking the end in a bag, whichever seems better.  Then make a strap to keep it attached to my head, either welding the ends of the metal strip to the thing leaving a loop, or cutting small holes with one of my claws and shoving the strip through, bending it flat on the other sides, also leaving a loop.

Then stick my muzzle in the open end, and use firebreath to keep the whole contraption glowing hot enough to melt the ash.  The hole on the top will let air in, but the high temperature will cause the ash to melt out of the air, and drip out the hole in the bottom.  The strap can go around my little horns.  The air will be extremely hot, but that should be ok.

If this doesn't work, just put my head inside a crate and see if I can wait out a few hours for the weather to hopefully change a bit.  If it gets really bad, I'll have to retreat to the portal to avoid dying.

If it gets better or stays the same, take to the air and see if I can get over it.

IHmm ... (4) you take a couple pieces of metal, and with some care, manage to make a sort of metal hood over your muzzle. you have to clear a little divot on the ground and rest your head there with the metal muzzle anchored in the ash, as the straps keep burning off. You make yourself a little easy bake ash oven, plasma melting ash into molten rock and creating a bit of an updraft through the vent hole. Makes the whole contraption look like the front end of one of those badass sports/racing cars that spits fire out the hood.
(5) after some time, the weather changes, with winds blowing from the south, and the ashfall abates. Scanning the skies, you note that this is likely a very temporary reprieve.

I still don’t quite feel bonded with this thing so I’m going to try again.
(4) you offer the beetleship a banana. she seems pleased with the tribute. She offers you some mint.

Pilot towards the castle
"Alright everyone, there's a floating castle and orbs of elements, we're going to check them out."
Let’s go towards the castle, the source of the light of the current sphere we are in
(6) as you approach the purple castle, the other lights seem to dim in comparison as the shell of the beetle darkens. Soon, the castle looms before you, filling your viewscreen in all directions. The open gate is wider than a city, and the courtyard you pass into could fit a country. As you look about, you notice thatthe main keep of the castle shines even purpler, with brilliant lilac colored light streaming out of the windows. On the other hand, several of the side buildings seem dim, with darkened windows that seem to absorb the light, illuminating nothing inside. (4) you detect movement within the buildings, or up on the wall, but you see no living things in the courtyard. The place gives the impression of being almost lived in - a quiet superficially empty place with something or someone always just a room away - a sound from down the hallway, a shift in the air to indicate the passage of a body, a movement glimpsed at the corner of vision.

not knowing what I'm doing, I'm going to wander over to the station and see what the buttons do? where do I go to say hi to the ship? I dunno. Ima be rather aimlessly ambling about and doing whatever comes to mind, fiddling around with things semi-haphazardly to figure out what's what, and trying to learn how and why to everything but with no real sense of urgency to anything.
(2) you push a few buttons. an alarm message comes up warning you of some potential risk of explosion from vented gases and asks, with obvious worry, if you want to proceed. You are shown the little pods that people go into to bond with the ship. None of the others seem to have gotten zombified or anything by the process. Meanwhile you cycle idly through a catalogue of potential weapon configurations. The porcupine spike shell seems funny. It has a modification that looks like it grows flowers out of the spike ends!

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.
See if I can hear any sounds from outside.   

(1) You hear the sound of panicked hyperventilation, but it doesn't come from outside. Oh, that's you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 04, 2020, 11:26:12 am »

”let’s get inside the castle, the light source could be in there, or the castle itself is the light source, either way, let’s see if there are spheres inside”
Guide the ship towards the castle and see if there’s a way inside big enough for it. If there isn’t land in the courtyard and exit the ship and find a way inside the castle

“If you can’t enter the castle, I will go see what’s inside. I will be sure to tell you everything that’s found. If you can come with, we’ll go together”
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:33:36 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 04, 2020, 12:17:37 pm »

Seize the moment, take to the air, and go phoenix hunting.  Should also get an idea of the shape of these ash clouds.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:46:05 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 04, 2020, 05:30:18 pm »

Try to see the place from the ship’s point of view, and scan the immediate area for any secret passageways, just in case, and also try to scan for any energy sources in particular

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 04, 2020, 07:58:28 pm »

Try to navigate the ship into the castle
"Everyone might want to grab onto something!"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85