Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148188 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1200 on: April 06, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »

Warning messages exist for a reason, do not do anything that makes warning messages show up. I don't like it when people ignore mine either. it's really rude!
Flowers? What do the flowers do? That could be awesome...
I think I'll go get bonded now I guess. I mean, I'm not gonna be able to do my job well if I don't, right? Besides, I wana know more about what the weapon catalogue options are, and it'd be a ton easier if I could just talk to the ship to ask about them!
No, like seriously, what do the flowers do? That could be really amazing or really lackluster, but I don't think there's a lot of room in between. What do the flowers do? I wana know!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 18, 2020, 07:30:42 am »

I started a reply to this a while back, but lost it when my internet crashed. then I forgot.

”let’s get inside the castle, the light source could be in there, or the castle itself is the light source, either way, let’s see if there are spheres inside”
Guide the ship towards the castle and see if there’s a way inside big enough for it. If there isn’t land in the courtyard and exit the ship and find a way inside the castle

“If you can’t enter the castle, I will go see what’s inside. I will be sure to tell you everything that’s found. If you can come with, we’ll go together”

Try to navigate the ship into the castle
"Everyone might want to grab onto something!"
the Castle, is giant, so there's a way in for you. You just sail in through a window and perch on a ledge. The scale is that of an actual beetle in an actual castle. There are light sources along the walls - oil lamps and torches, though the torches appear unlit. Everything is so purple. There's some fancy brass door handles on a door at one end of this hall - the other doors are simpler, with wooden handles. The door knobs are gonna be way bigger than your ship, but if you can find a way ...
for a smaller option, perhaps a fastener like a screw, or maybe a pebble from the floor.

Seize the moment, take to the air, and go phoenix hunting.  Should also get an idea of the shape of these ash clouds.
You do get above the clouds. The sky retains a reddish hue, though mostly along the horizon and below. The sunset is dramatic and vivid. Below, the ash clouds cover everything. You see patches of orangish red down there, some near the thickest of the clouds, some in spots here and there. probably lava flows and eruptions. You see no living creatures in the sky around you.

Try to see the place from the ship’s point of view, and scan the immediate area for any secret passageways, just in case, and also try to scan for any energy sources in particular
You ask the ship to let you see, and suddenly, you are looking through "ship's eyes" You have a weird, fisheye view, like everything is distorted around the edges but you can see in a much wider arc. The windowsill you are on is some kind of purple wood, with the grain being darker and lighter versions. As for secret passages, well, you think you could get under some of the doors, or through cracks in the wood. On the other hand, the masonry seems snug, so crawling through teh walls might be unlikely. something about your beetle eye draws your attention to the ceiling - there are gaps where the beams pass through the walls. Those look like opportunity, and like risk. You might not be the only bugs around, after all.

Warning messages exist for a reason, do not do anything that makes warning messages show up. I don't like it when people ignore mine either. it's really rude!
Flowers? What do the flowers do? That could be awesome...
I think I'll go get bonded now I guess. I mean, I'm not gonna be able to do my job well if I don't, right? Besides, I wana know more about what the weapon catalogue options are, and it'd be a ton easier if I could just talk to the ship to ask about them!
No, like seriously, what do the flowers do? That could be really amazing or really lackluster, but I don't think there's a lot of room in between. What do the flowers do? I wana know!
(1) you sit in teh bonding room. The ship does not respond at all. perhaps it doesn't recognize you as a living thing?
(3) the flowers apparently detatch from teh ends of the quills and drift? outward. New flowers spring up after a moment or two. hmm.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 18, 2020, 11:50:53 am »

Circle around for about ten, twenty minutes to see if anything shows up.  If nothing does, dive down closer to the lava flows to get a good look at them.  If there are no phoenixes here, maybe a bath would be fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 18, 2020, 05:08:20 pm »

I mean, I am a weapon, but I didn't think the ship would realize that when I'm in human form...
"Um... Hello? Ship-bug? Is everything alright?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 18, 2020, 07:17:27 pm »

Try and slide the ship under the big ornate door, failing that land near the door.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:40:26 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 23, 2020, 04:45:11 pm »

Ask the ship if it has anything to hear with

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 23, 2020, 05:33:20 pm »

Let’s try crawling under the door

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 08, 2020, 01:19:40 am »

Circle around for about ten, twenty minutes to see if anything shows up.  If nothing does, dive down closer to the lava flows to get a good look at them.  If there are no phoenixes here, maybe a bath would be fun.
(5) You dive down through the clouds and back up a few times, checking the hotspots. After a few hours, you spot movement in one of the lava flows. Getting closer, some of the specks seem to take flight, circle around, and land again. A whole flock of flying things that thrive in a highly volcanic environment. Even if they aren't phoenixes, they can probably provide what you need.

I mean, I am a weapon, but I didn't think the ship would realize that when I'm in human form...
"Um... Hello? Ship-bug? Is everything alright?"
(1) you get a weird, mechanical series of beeps and whistles in response. It's high pitched and rather shrill.

Try and slide the ship under the big ornate door, failing that land near the door.
Let’s try crawling under the door
(2) the big ornate door is surprisingly well fitted into it's frame. The bottom of the door brushes the top of a thick carpet that you walk across with some care. You might be able to squeeze through the carpet weave, but you risk getting stuck.

Ask the ship if it has anything to hear with
(4) the ship does, and it provides the group an audio feed of the environment. It's strangely quiet. Not silent, but the kind of stillness that might happen in midafternoon when most of the residents are out far from teh castle and the remainder are settled in for a nap. You hear the faint tick of cooling metal, and the occasional slight shifting of cloth against stone or wood.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:31:11 am by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 08, 2020, 03:15:05 am »

Uhhh....
"Huh?"
Confusion

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 08, 2020, 05:19:01 am »

Fold my wings to do the classic high-speed dive maneuver to try and grab one out of the air.  Give it a zap with the claw stunner, and try to pull through to regain altitude after the snag.

Also, begin charging up my plasmabreath in case something more dangerous shows up, or a swarm of them do.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:22:47 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 08, 2020, 03:09:20 pm »

check out the other doors or look for any open windows to move through towards the wood on cloth sound instead unless that leads to a closed door in which case go back to looking for an open door or window.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:31:53 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 08, 2020, 08:04:50 pm »

Try to locate and identify the source of the cloth on wood sound

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 08, 2020, 09:46:05 pm »

Let’s go towards that cloth on wood sound Help lead the beetle towards what sound it is if it doesn’t know what I’m talking about

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:36 am »

((been changing my sleep schedule the last two weeks. my how the time flies.))

Uhhh....
"Huh?"
Confusion
(5) You begin poking frantically at flashing symbols and waving your hands through holograms. Everything suddenly goes dark for about three seconds, then the screen glows softly with a ship schematic, carefully labelled, showing all systems nominal, basic weapons prepped and ready, shields online, Ambient exterior temperature at 4000k, and snack bar in the lounge fully loaded.

Fold my wings to do the classic high-speed dive maneuver to try and grab one out of the air.  Give it a zap with the claw stunner, and try to pull through to regain altitude after the snag.

Also, begin charging up my plasmabreath in case something more dangerous shows up, or a swarm of them do.

(6) You snag one in your dive, but snap it's neck in the process, spraying clouds of ash around like a small explosion. (2) The sudden weight and being off center causes you to tumble a bit and lose all momentum. You don't crash, but you are sinking and surrounded. (1) aaaaand the flock starts swirling around you, making increasingly shrill honks at you, the occasional bird diving in , pecking at you, and swooping out. Gonna be a fiiiiiiight~

check out the other doors or look for any open windows to move through towards the wood on cloth sound instead unless that leads to a closed door in which case go back to looking for an open door or window.
Try to locate and identify the source of the cloth on wood sound
Let’s go towards that cloth on wood sound Help lead the beetle towards what sound it is if it doesn’t know what I’m talking about
Teamwork ho! (3) With some discussion and everyone looking and, you discover that the cloth sound comes from multiple places, notably, behind each of the wooden doors. (1) You turn toward the nearest wooden door - a clear gap between it and the stone floor below, and discover a small army of ants marching toward you at high speed. Single file. And I mean the numbers of ants is smallish - the ants themselves are actually quite large, this world being what it is and all.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 29, 2020, 11:13:14 am »

Run away!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 85