Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148473 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2018, 09:30:13 pm »

((You're about to get two more object lessons from this: lesson 1: no matter how bad an idea something you tell her to do is, if she asks if you're sure and you say yes, she HAS to do it. lesson 2: having her fire on her own, without a wielder, is a bad idea. that second part by the way is what "autonomous" is about.))

((To give you an idea what kind of firepower we're talking about here:

The round next to the coke bottle is a 30mm round, the "small" one next to it is a 50cal if I remember correctly, to give you perspective.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:19:56 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 11, 2018, 12:23:38 am »

what do you need?
"U-um... some more warmer clothes, please? Maybe, ah, some armour what I can fit under 'em? Not sure where we're goin' or why, but 'pparently it's real cold."

Thrips makes his vague request to the as-yet-undefined person at the desk, shrugs, and bites determinedly into the lump of food he brought from the cafeteria.

Attempt to acquire cold-weather gear! Maybe also some armour that could work with it!
Snack while I wait, and if I am provided with adequate gear, say my thank-yous and head to my quarters to get dressed for action.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 11, 2018, 02:09:31 am »

((I wouldn't be worried about friendly-fire.  30mm shells are extremely large on an infantry scale, but you're firing HEI rounds, which aren't intended for fragmentation and are intended for leaving their explosive power in the target struck.  Also, it's a high-velocity round, with a lot of weight in gun propellant, so there will be a lot less boom than in an equivalently-sized grenade.  Still, I wouldn't be right next to the target, but as long as you are more than say fifteen feet away I think you'd be likely to escape intact, with the biggest worry rock chips from the wall.  It's more of a single-target weapon and not an area effect one.  A hellishly powerful one, though.  Those rounds are most likely intended for use against metal aircraft, so those are the types of targets they'll be best at dealing with.

Also, I'd recommend being careful about relying on the stealth thing.  It might be the in-universe equivalent of the wizard's staff, ordinary to some senses, highly visible to others, the opposite situation of someone mistaking a rifle as a plain stick.  Sometimes it might be more sneaky to carry around the gun instead of the shapeshifter.))

((The more immediate worry is the absurdly loud sound that's about to occur, and the recoil.))

((Plus, straw targets.  I'd expect the round to punch right through and not detonate until hitting the far wall, which in a firing range, is likely a good long distance away.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:44:24 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2018, 07:11:44 am »

((Fair point Dev, tho this situation is less than ideal.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:43:35 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 11, 2018, 07:14:12 am »

((Ok so if I’m getting it right, The better option would have been to wield Gwyn myself (Kongor) while firing, which may still pose issues because range isn’t one of Kongor’s strengths here...))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2018, 07:31:12 am »

((I kinda feel it might be a better idea to have someone else use the weapon in the future like Vladen, since Kongor is more of an unnarmed fighter and Vladen has actual skill using ranged and melee weapons. Bruford is too big for it, Freddie is a dragon and while Clunkers might also be a good choice, he is better with magic.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 11, 2018, 07:37:28 am »

((Gwyn's cannon suffers heavily when fired by herself. She has trouble aiming the thing and is completely incapable of handling the recoil. As its only a partial shift the weapon itself isnt fully functional either, with no recoil compensation and the snub barrel setup is smoothbore, making accuracy suffer even more. She also takes unusually long to chamber another round after one is fired that way.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:24 am »

((Actually, now that I check, Clunkers seems to be the best for using ranged weapons.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:54 am »

((Isn't Clunkers too small?  Kongor could buy a bipod and let the gun do most of the firing.  Only worry then would be the avalanches.

Or Bruford falling into a ravine to teach us the lesson not to combine negative stats with a race that's bad at whatever the stat is.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:34:00 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 11, 2018, 09:08:49 am »

((Oh, in that case then Bruford can actually wield the weapon since he can use weapons that are "Large" and "Giant" sized. If Clunkers can't use it, then that means Bruford can. Still, I'm better throwing boulders and using axes.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2018, 09:13:33 am »

((I’ll try to work it out for now, but if it becomes too much of a problem then yeah I might have to hand the weapon to Vlad))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2018, 09:19:34 am »

((I’ll try to work it out for now, but if it becomes too much of a problem then yeah I might have to hand the weapon to Vlad))
((Cackles evily))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2018, 10:29:04 am »

Is there a pool here?  I don't think I've gone for a swim with these metal bits.  Better make sure they're okay with getting wet.

((RGU, you've got unnatural ranged at +1, and a specialization for throwing stuff.  Why not see if you can gather up a sack and some big rocks or chunks of rubble for throwing boulders?  It's not as good as an axe sized for your golem, but it should be cheap and not leave you barehanded.  Plus you should be able to refill your ammo without much difficulty.  Yeah, your range is weak, but the specialization should limit friendly fire.))
There's a mud pit that's been slowly filling with water ever since the rain god came to live at Omega. You go there. It's not deep enough to submerge you fully, but you ca nwallow in it. You splash around and discover that you are basically waterproof - as waterproof as before, at any rate.

((If the mission is on a natural place (mountains, caves, etc.), I could just grab some large rocks from the ground. I'm not too worried about having no throwing ammunition since I can pretty much throw anything, even enemies. I have decent unarmed fighting specs and the only way to improve my melee combat would be to get an axe.))

Search around Omega and pick up any coins I find on the ground while waiting for the mission to start.
(4) you find a few coins being exchanged by other Omegas. None of them fall to the ground, however.

Get  one shot painted sigil for absorbing a single human sized target Learn as much as I can about how to use it and what can be done with it
alright, painted. Basically, you gotta be in contact with the being to start absorbing them. The more contact you have  the faster and more controlled you can absorb them. If they are resisting, they might break away before being fully absorbed, doing damage to both you and themselves. Skin to skin is better than skin to clothed. They'll get will rolls to resist absorption and to resist having their mind consumed or controlled. If you manage to fully absorb them without killing them you get access to their abilities. If you manage to contain their mind, you get access to that as well, but to use their knowledge requires either a will roll or their cooperation. You will digest your target over time, losing their abilities and mind in the process.

Have Gwyn launch one of each kind of shell at pretty much any cluster of dummies, different cluster for each shell
He didn't say no?! he didn't say no! Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no.
I check behind me, making sure there's nothing back there that would hurt me, shift my arm into my barrel, wince, and fire an HEI shell at as far away of a target as I can pick.
(6) Gwen aims at teh furthest wooden target away, on the far side of the arena, and fires. It is very loud. Once again, Kongor goes temporarily deaf. gonna have to start thinking about hearing protection. (1) Meanwhile, Gwen goes twirling through the air like a figure skater - an unconscious figure skater that has been launched out of a cannon. She bounces three times before coming to rest against hte back wall of the arena, a thin trail of steam rising from the barrel of her cannon arm.

The target Gwen aimed at is obliterated, as is a chunk of the arena wall behind it. The wooden bits are burning, and  a thick column of black smoke rises from where the incendiary material is cooking off.

The officer who gave Kongor the control device explains how to reboot her, and he and a couple others check her over for damage and get her back in working order.
A 6 on effect and a 1 on constitution in the field will leave her unconscious, possibly damaged, and out of commission until she can be fed and properly medically treated. Since this is a controlled environment, I'm just assuming the repair events happen.

what do you need?
"U-um... some more warmer clothes, please? Maybe, ah, some armour what I can fit under 'em? Not sure where we're goin' or why, but 'pparently it's real cold."

Thrips makes his vague request to the as-yet-undefined person at the desk, shrugs, and bites determinedly into the lump of food he brought from the cafeteria.

Attempt to acquire cold-weather gear! Maybe also some armour that could work with it!
Snack while I wait, and if I am provided with adequate gear, say my thank-yous and head to my quarters to get dressed for action.

Five coin for a full set of cold weather gear, five for armor. The armory attendant idly brushes the crumbs from your snack off his desk.

Alright, if you guys are ready, we'll shove you through the portal.  You have several big, white, long haired pack animals towing sleds of materials. you'll go through the portal to a base camp high in the mountains, from which yu need to trek to a second base camp, further up and further in. You'll be establishing that base camp, and setting up some ritual devices and such in the caverns there. If you can , you'll build a rope bridge to a higher point across a steep valley, so teh next group can continue the trail upward.

beisdes the weather, the mountains are home to various magical and mundane beings. it's kind of a hotspot for magical wildlife, which is part of why they want the base camp.

Anyway, you assemble in the cafeteria, and are directed back toward the kitchen. You move through the archway and instead of entering the kitchen, you are in a large stone and wood barn. The air is crisp, but not what you'd call "fucking freezing." The sounds and smells of animals are all around. There is a line of stalls along one side of the barn: flashes of white fur flicker in and out of view inside. You see one of the barn's main doors propped wide open about fifty yards away. Through it comes bright sunlight and the green and golds of early fall. Not exactly the deep mountains you expected to see.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2018, 11:10:27 am »

"Of course! It probably isn't winter yet, so there must be no snow!"

First of all, reminder the Bruford is an enormous giant made of iron. How big is the barn? Can I fit through the door? If I can't, then make a hole in the wall with my fists, one large enough to use as an exit. Don't collapse the celling.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:33:29 am by randomgenericusername »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2018, 11:19:02 am »

Lookit the fluffy animals!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 85