Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 147227 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 14, 2018, 06:25:29 pm »

((Ok.  Watch out for those chaos wings, though.  No way to tell what would happen if it gets triggered, then.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:29:21 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 14, 2018, 06:32:18 pm »

((Huh? I'm not tracking the chaos wings. what are they and why am I worried about them?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 14, 2018, 06:36:04 pm »

((Overhealing side effect.  When I try to fly, on a one or a six, the dragon usually fails to fly and something odd happens.  Made a storm once.  Last effect was that they went transparent and blew raw magic all over everything in the vicinity.  They might eventually stop causing trouble, but I'm going to be cautious with them, and if you don't know what to expect, or have bad magic stats, I'd recommend not being near him if I do try to fly.))

((One possible effect that comes to mind is you might end up as a different weapon, which would probably use unnatural weapons, since it isn't the one you're built as.  That probably won't be good.))

((-edit- if your magic explicity affects only yourself, I'd expect that would make it even more dangerous.  Might even be death or serious injury on the table if that's the case, since there wouldn't be an outlet.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:55:18 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 14, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »

"What's everyone's plan here?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 15, 2018, 10:20:49 am »

"Smash things?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2018, 02:18:44 pm »

"Reply: This one doesn't know. This one has forgotten what our goals here were exactly."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2018, 02:55:45 pm »

((We're supposed to hike up a mountain, and then set up a base camp, along with some magical instruments, to support further exploration of some wintry mountain peaks.  Lots of dangerous monsters and a hazardous environment.  I think they are teleporting further explorers in, as well as teleporting us back, so make sure the stuff doesn't get broken.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 15, 2018, 05:49:37 pm »

Will the fluffies let me pet them?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 16, 2018, 08:32:52 am »

I don’t exactly have a plan yet. I’m more like “decide as you go” kind of guy

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2018, 05:15:55 pm »

We're supposed to be driving the animals somewhere, right?  Go back in and see if I can understand the animals, and if it would be better for me to be leading them or driving them.  Also do some talking and see if they can understand me.  Establish myself at the top of the pecking order, via body language and mild pushes.

Experience some slight regret that the animals are a bit larger than I am.  Aren't I supposed to be that size by now?  Oh well, I should outgrow them by the time we finish the journey.

(1) That one in the corner stall is eying you like you are food.

step outside after the dragon to see how cold exactly it is

((Will electricity harm Gwyn?))
It's Cold to you, being a tropical muntain Gorilla. You don't like it at all. but, the others assure you that it isn't all that cold really.

Welp hook up one of the animals to the cart and ask how the weather is further up

some of the ranch hands approach and help you start hooking them up. "Don't get much colder round here. But you ain't gonna be rond here, are ya? Gonna go through the portal. It's downhill a bit, over yonder. Getchyer party bundled up but good 'fore you go in - it's dead winter on t' other side. S'possedly, y'ell get to even colder parts 'fore you get done." He emphasizes his point with a wad of thick, brown spit that raises a small poof of dust from the floor where it hits.

I thought that was the point of having a size class?
Quote from: Size Class
Size will affect the body and movement stats.

Tiny: cats, birds, pixies
Small: halflings, wolves, monkeys
Medium: humanoids
Large: horses, elephants, trolls, ogres
Giant: dragons, dinosaurs, some whales
Gargantuan: Blue whales, Dune Worms
Don't really know exactly. Something between 15 to 25 meters? A blue whale can reach over 30 meters and an elephant is something around 10 meters, so Bruford is something in bewteen. I would say 20 meters height.

Also, what size is required to use Gwyneira as a weapon? If I remember correctly, there are some weapons can be wielded by various sizes.

20 meters? best mark that on your sheet. size classes a re approximate, but there is variety within. At 20 meters, you have to crouch inside. Also, do be aware that when other players are inside somepleace , you probably can't hear them. heck, standing up you usually wouldn't hear them unless they were looking up and shouting at you.

Tentatively peek outside, assess the insulation of my cold-weather gear.
Maybe help hook up one of these weird fluffy things to a sled, assuming they're fairly docile.

You and Vladen (spaz' guy) help the ranch hands hook up some big white yakthings to the bigass sleds. Outside, with the exercise you are doing, it hardly feels cold at all. "Gonna be cold where yer goin' Townie." You note that neither the ranch hands, nor the yakthings are particularly docile, but hte ranch hands do teach your group how to handle the beasts. if they get troublesome though, you probably won't stand much of a chance of regaining control yourself.

Will the fluffies let me pet them?
The ranch hands start guiding them out of their stalls. they snort, make a fuss, and slowly back up. their feet are larger than you are, so you stay clear for the moment. When they start getting hooked up to the sleds, you approach one that is standing relatively still. "Careful, girlie. They step on dogs they don't like. An' other animals, too. Go roun' front . here take this pan of oats n place it in front of it's nose. if it eats, stand to the side of his head. if he knocks you, roll away."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2018, 07:20:57 pm »

Thank the man and tell him where vlads from before turning to "allies"
"Alrght guy's, gonna make a simple request, once we're in the otherside if you feel like you are going to freeze to death or die, tell me. Might be able to absorb you and keep you safe till the we're done or safe then spit you out afterwards"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »

Really?  Food to these herbivores?

Climb on top of the barn and look down upon them, wings outstretched.  Be ready to glide down and intervene physically if any of them start fighting on their own.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2018, 07:52:43 pm »

Start crawling outside and have a look around the nearby area. I'm tall, so I can probably see a wider area of our surroundings.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2018, 11:25:43 pm »

Do as I'm told so I can pet the fluffies! Maybe even ride them? Thatd be fun!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 19, 2018, 09:39:29 am »

put on one set of weather gear and make sure Gwyn doesn’t get hurt by one of the animals
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 85