Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148386 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2018, 07:36:12 pm »

In

In the back room of the chapel, where they keep the more... betentacled things, an unusual item is offered.
Zentol stone: (17 coins) Smooth, reflective black stone, with a peculiar pattern etched under the surface. Hold the stone anywhere in contact with bare flesh or equivalent, and speak "Zentol". This will cause Him to hear you and momentarily breach the gap to assist you. Though He will only be present on your own plane for a moment, He will know your wish and accomplish it accordingly in a terrifying whirl of claws and tendrils. Once the rite is complete the stone will disappear, replaced by a new mark upon the flesh where you had placed the stone. What purpose this mark serves, the chapel staff do not know or do not care to share, but it likely isn't anything good.

In a hidden workshop embedded somewhere in the omega valley, mechanical weapons are crafted for those who desire something more interesting than a plain sword, but abhor magical weapons.
Threaded cane: (10 coins) Normally looks just like a normal cane, but with a press of a button the cane separates into sections linked by chain, functioning as a bladed whip.
Stake driver: (15 coins) Heavy contraption strapped to the arm. A heavy stake is driven back and released with heavy force when the user punches, piercing even heavy armor.
Simon's bowblade: (13 coins) Curved sword with a blade that splits in two, forming the arms of a bow. Thus capable of both ranged and melee attack.
Whirligig saw: (18 coins) This weapon has a long handle ending in a set of spinning serrated saw blades. Expensive and somewhat fragile, but deals heavy damage.

Also, I'd change ranged weapons to 8 coins, honestly. They're not OP enough to cost double that of a melee option.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2018, 07:42:25 pm »

In

In the back room of the chapel, where they keep the more... betentacled things, an unusual item is offered.
Zentol stone: (17 coins) Smooth, reflective black stone, with a peculiar pattern etched under the surface. Hold the stone anywhere in contact with bare flesh or equivalent, and speak "Zentol". This will cause Him to hear you and momentarily breach the gap to assist you. Though He will only be present on your own plane for a moment, He will know your wish and accomplish it accordingly in a terrifying whirl of claws and tendrils. Once the rite is complete the stone will disappear, replaced by a new mark upon the flesh where you had placed the stone. What purpose this mark serves, the chapel staff do not know or do not care to share, but it likely isn't anything good.

In a hidden workshop embedded somewhere in the omega valley, mechanical weapons are crafted for those who desire something more interesting than a plain sword, but abhor magical weapons.
Threaded cane: (10 coins) Normally looks just like a normal cane, but with a press of a button the cane separates into sections linked by chain, functioning as a bladed whip.
Stake driver: (15 coins) Heavy contraption strapped to the arm. A heavy stake is driven back and released with heavy force when the user punches, piercing even heavy armor.
Simon's bowblade: (13 coins) Curved sword with a blade that splits in two, forming the arms of a bow. Thus capable of both ranged and melee attack.
Whirligig saw: (18 coins) This weapon has a long handle ending in a set of spinning serrated saw blades. Expensive and somewhat fragile, but deals heavy damage.

Also, I'd change ranged weapons to 8 coins, honestly. They're not OP enough to cost double that of a melee option.

-Pebble: A small pebble, it can be thrown to enemies. Quite thrilling.

-Wooden shield: A bunch of boards nailed together. Serves as a crude, makeshift shield.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2018, 07:47:13 pm »

Angel Bow: A mystic bow formed of two blades. It fires arrows made of various magics. (Requires elemental magic to deal damage, Astral Magic can be used to harm spirits)
Can split into it's two parts for dual blade action or be spun for a quick deflect shield.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2018, 08:09:48 pm »

-Demon's greatbow: A bow made of the bones of lesser demons, commonly wielded by greater demons. It's very big, and can fire spear-sized arrows or plain spears to enemies with great power. This greatbow has no magical powers, but the strenght it takes to pull it is enough to pierce and impale any common opponent without mercy.

-Demonbone greatarrows: Big bone arrows meant to be fired with the demon greatbow. They can be used as a spear if you lack the greatbow.

-Triple crossbow: A special rapid-fire crossbow designed to fire three bolts at the same time. It's very cumbersome and takes a long time to reload, but it's of high quality and very deadly in the right hands.

-Angel wings. A pair of living wings ripped from an angel and attached to a strange mechanical device. Designed to be worn in the back, it gives the wearer temporal flight. If overused, the wings become too tired to continue flying and stop working for a time. Let's hope ghis doesn't happen midflight.

-Singing blade: An enchanted sword, it becomes stronger with music and songs. It also constantly hums tunes and occasionaly sings, so it's not recommended for stealthy characters.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2018, 08:10:49 pm »

Eldritch stuff for the Astral and magic people!

-The sword-shaped body part of Ghthsahehsa: A sword looking appendage of a dead god, any who are cut by this weapon will be filled with disgust to the point they'll stop what they're doing and just vomit.

-Trumpet of Cthuga The Dooter: A eldritch trumpet capable of driving those who wear its music into a violent frenzy, the wielder included.

-Dreamcatchers: Spiritual amulets and wards against illusions and mental attacks.

-Old one egg: An egg of a powerful entity from the Astral Plane. Who knows what being will emerge from it? can it even be tamed?

-Doot: A dooter that will summon an army of 20 dooters(skeletons) when dooted.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2018, 08:14:52 pm »

Skeleton prinnys that explode?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2018, 07:16:46 am »

gonna have to rein you guys in a touch, Many of these ideas are good and useful. however, this isn't the Bizarre Magic Items thread. Unique items like some that are suggested will exist, but I'd like to focus on the more pragmatic and commonplace things.

Some good commonplace suggestions so far:
wooden shield (grants +1 con against basic melee and ranged attacks)

Charged magic items (crystals, gems, etc) Grants +1 magic on a magical attack. three uses.

adventureer's kit. Wooden poles make poking things more interesting!

There are other good ones I didn't list, and Egan's suggestion on ranged weapons is noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2018, 08:37:18 am »

If you put only boring things in your armory, your armory will consist of boring things. Maybe I'll see what I can think of, though.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2018, 09:10:56 am »

If you put only boring things in your armory, your armory will consist of boring things. Maybe I'll see what I can think of, though.
exotic and interesting items are still okay, if they have a clear utility. but things like "a pebble" or "a bag of making everything terrible" are ... well, the one is literally everywhere in Omega Base, and the other would be kept well the fuck away from the grunts. Point is, if it's outlandish for the sake of being outlandish, well, there's a thread for that.

For instance, the eldritch sword Demon mentions is ~okay-ish, but it seems a rather unique artifact, and thus unlikely to be up for sale to the common Omeganite

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2018, 09:34:50 am »

And the healing bacto-tank via tar-wars?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2018, 09:58:50 am »

Tried to make stuff that's more mundane (and probably failed).

-Staff of skeletal advice: An enchanted spine with a talking skull on the top. The skull gives useful advice or information related to the current situation when hit against something. Breaks after a few uses.

-Magic rope: A rope that can be extended or contracted by force of will. Useful for when you want to descend into pits or tie large creatures.

-Pocket monster: A small crystal sphere. When broken, a small creature is summoned to fight and protect the summoner for a short amount of time. Size is always less than humanoid.

-Elixir of karmic luck: Guarantees critcal success on the next bad roll or autofail. After this, the next good roll or autosuccess is transformed into a guaranteed critical failure.

-Club of awakening: Anyone eho is hit with this club wakes up and regains their senses. If an ally is rendered unconscious or brainwashed, hit them with this big stick and they will be back.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I forgot how many upgrade points I had
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:48:33 am by SuperDino85 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2018, 10:21:48 am »

Time Gem: When cracked, will freeze time in a 50 meter radius for 60 seconds. 1 Use. Fragile.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2018, 10:29:23 am »

alright, I've been kinda avoiding this a little. I'll work up the inventory stuff this weekend. You guys have done fairly good adding stuff, though I'll have to modify a lot of it.
we'll talk about cost as we go. I'm making this all up on the fly after all.

finally, for now i might reorganize the character sheet and explanation a little for clarity. Nothing will change - no need to rewrite your sheets again. But maybe it will help new players a little more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welp, I did my best, didn’t add the level ups yet because I want the character approved first, and I may also need a refresher.

two options:
1) lower your body and movement to basic level. This will pay for the special stat.
or
2) lower one of those to basic, and then lower any two basic stats/skills to weak, and bump specializations up to apprentice. Then put your animal rage under specializations.

first option costs less, I think.
then you can raise your stats/skills with the points i awarded you:
2 points will raise a weak stat to basic
1 point will raise a basic stat to apprentice
2 points apprentice to journeyman
4 journeyman to master
8 master to exceptional

once you've done that
add in your substat/subskill points
if you have a weak stat/skill, +2 in a substat will make it act like basic
basic only needs a +1 to act like apprentice (+3 to act like journeyman)
apprentice needs +2 to act like journeyman (+6 to act like master level)
and so on.

gah. I was hoping to make this less confusing, not more confusing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:42:20 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2018, 10:32:04 am »

Time Gem: When cracked, will freeze time in a 50 meter radius for 60 seconds. 1 Use. Fragile.
If time is frozen, how will the 60 seconds pass? If time continues but things are frozen in place, then it's probably stopping space and not time. I just feel that if time stopped, then movement would take no time and things would be instant since there is no more time limitations.

But we're on a fantasy setting with talking animals, bionic dragons and self-mutilating ghouls, so...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 85