Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148495 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #720 on: February 25, 2019, 11:12:02 am »

Yeah, I don't think yaktaurs will be very happy with any visitors at the moment, so keep out of their view while looking for shelter.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 25, 2019, 09:30:09 pm »

(Soup's for everyone, btw.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 25, 2019, 09:44:39 pm »

Ask the base workers where did everyone else go, as I was too distracted doing absolutely nothing to notice that everyone had already left the area. I should probably go after them, right?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 01, 2019, 06:41:11 pm »

I'm also going with the "stay out of view while looking for shelter" thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2019, 08:47:16 am »

Hot soup!

And are these Yaktaurs friendly?

(1) they are not. They are aggressively posturing. I guess they want the valley to themselves.

yeah, nope! Ima nope right out of this. Im staying in wespon form unless ordered out of it!
Aight. (5) you are as warm as you can be in this form. Everything remains fucntional.

Stand back and look for something with a bit of cover to huddle under to keep the wind off
(2) mostly you see yaktaurs, friendly and otherwise. You get a bit jostled by the pack animals, who seem to be gearing up for a bit of a tiff with these otehr yaktaurs.

Yeah, I don't think yaktaurs will be very happy with any visitors at the moment, so keep out of their view while looking for shelter.
(5) You back out of the valley and spot another little dell, complete with an overhanging ice ledge. You wave the others that way.

I'm also going with the "stay out of view while looking for shelter" thing.
(4) you spot a fold in the mountainside where the rock layers sort of line up side by side a bit, though slanted. Could probably be blocked off to kill the wind. Might be a bit more cramped than Kongor's find though.

Ask the base workers where did everyone else go, as I was too distracted doing absolutely nothing to notice that everyone had already left the area. I should probably go after them, right?
There's no one in sight at all. (6) you shout "HEY, WHERE'D YOU ALL GO!" into the wind. Your own voice echoes back at you from the mountains. Something else calls back as well. Whatever it is, it sounds inhuman. And a second call answers the first. So at least two beings know where you are.  Also, you notice the beaten down path everyone made while traveling to the other site. Also also, you look up and catch a glimpse of Kongor way up the mountain. He seems to be pointing at something.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2019, 09:14:41 am »

Try to shoul louder, just in case. I would be more worried if the voice was human, as there are no humans in the team. After that, follow the path carefully and try to not step into anything slippery like ice or animals.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 03, 2019, 11:42:42 am »

try out that dell I found while watching for signs of danger. I want to find out if this kind of shelter will be good enough and/or if the spot is already taken

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2019, 11:51:49 am »

Good!
No Action
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2019, 12:26:09 pm »

Go shoot a large amount of fire into empty space as a demonstration.  Then go clump towards my space towards the shelter.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2019, 12:53:43 pm »

Wave my arms and try to appear bigger to scare off the yaktaurs
"RA! BLA! GO! AWAY! BAD BEASTS!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2019, 04:24:32 pm »

Observe my companion's efforts to scare the yataurs.
Also observe this bad weather we're having. Try to figure out/compute how long we'll be stuck in it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 10, 2019, 12:09:04 am »

Try to shoul louder, just in case. I would be more worried if the voice was human, as there are no humans in the team. After that, follow the path carefully and try to not step into anything slippery like ice or animals.
(5) you shout very loud indeed.
Everyone hears you. Nothing falls on you. Are you following the path around the mountain, or going up it? (1) either way you take one step and fall neck deep into a chasm.

try out that dell I found while watching for signs of danger. I want to find out if this kind of shelter will be good enough and/or if the spot is already taken
Aside from the yaktaurs in the other valley and the giant metal man shouting at you guys from down the moutnain, you see no dangers to this dell. Except the usual environmental issue. Should be a good place to hole up for a storm, far as your tropical mindset can determine.

Good!
No Action

Classic RTD nonactionTM.

Go shoot a large amount of fire into empty space as a demonstration.  Then go clump towards my space towards the shelter.
(3) you put on a decent pyrotechnic display. The yaktaurs stamp and snort, honking in distress and anger. They don't really back up though, and one or two lower their heads as they stamp, making slight forward jerking motions. You've kept them at bay, but they seem not to be easily intimidated. Anyway, you back off with the group toward whichever of the two shelters everyone settles on.

Wave my arms and try to appear bigger to scare off the yaktaurs
"RA! BLA! GO! AWAY! BAD BEASTS!"
The big scary dragon shooting firedidn't scare them away. The little scary ghoul barely seems to register.

Observe my companion's efforts to scare the yataurs.
Also observe this bad weather we're having. Try to figure out/compute how long we'll be stuck in it.

(1) what you figure out is that if you don't get bunkered down in some shelter immediately, you'll be dealing with this weather for the rest of your lives. Or nonlives, for you constructs.

Visibility is dropping fast. Kongor has disappeared from sight down into the dell he was checking, along with Gwen. Freddie has backed off toward that shelter. He can see the top of the rocky overhang, but that's about it.
Imma roll warmth for everyone real quick, on account of it's getting really very cold.
(2)(1)(3)(5)(3)(4)

Bruford is feeling stiff and sluggish. Being an iron giant elemental or construct, he doesn't feel cold per se, but the cold is tightening him up, making movement even more challenging. at least it's only slowing him down, rather than making him more clumsy.

Kongor is shivering. His fingertips and feet are feeling icy. He needs warmth immediately. Lucky for him he's in the dell out of the worst of the wind and snow. But a couple rounds like this and he'll freeze.

Gwen and Vladen are uncomfortable and achy, but unhindered.

Freddie's magical fire engine got him nice and toasty. His wings are shimmering with foxfire, which kinda flickers along the wings and seems to ignore the blanket he's wearing over them. You guys can see the foxfire faintly through the blowing snow.

Clunkers is fine. Not fantastic, but fine. He should consider a refill on the antifreeze though.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 10, 2019, 12:32:42 am »

Go to the shelter.  Keep some fire burning to make sure our friends know where I am.  If the yaktaurs attack, get all bitey.  I don't want to set one of them on fire and have my friends go towards them instead of the safe spot.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 10, 2019, 12:56:40 am »

Follow the big lizard, if any yaukaturs attack also join in on eating them, with luck I'll be able to grow a fur coat to keep people warm with it
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 10, 2019, 03:46:13 am »

Return to human form in order to assist my wielder in setting up fire and shelter. he needs to get warm right away.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 85