Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148308 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2019, 11:31:36 am »

try to build a fire here. Thank Gwyn for helping once we've got it going.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:12 pm »

Attempt to get out of the chasm.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 11, 2019, 01:39:04 am »

"Hey, lizard...if need be you can set stuff on fire, right?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 11, 2019, 03:16:02 am »

(Freddie can't speak.. but that should be obvious.)

(He can understand you, though, so if you want him to set something on fire, feel free to ask.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:00:32 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 11, 2019, 11:10:27 am »

(Freddie can't speak.. but that should be obvious.)
(Yeah, It's not like Vladen just saw him breathing fire too)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 11, 2019, 03:54:49 pm »

Apply/Ingest/chug a dose of antifreeze, however it's supposed to be applied. Help my comrades with shelter and fire if they need help.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 22, 2019, 08:29:08 pm »

Sorry for the delay. You guys are pretty patient with this game.

Go to the shelter.  Keep some fire burning to make sure our friends know where I am.  If the yaktaurs attack, get all bitey.  I don't want to set one of them on fire and have my friends go towards them instead of the safe spot.
(6)you keep a hot beacon lit for all to see. Naturally this will attract those creatures that Bruford's yell awakened, as well as your teammates. But for now, everyone gets into the dell and mills about in a mass. The other herd of yaktaurs does not follow yo, but huddles in a tight ring and tuck themselves in so that onl a thick wall of fur remains visible to the outside world. even that wall disappears behind the blowing snow after a few dozen meters.

Follow the big lizard, if any yaukaturs attack also join in on eating them, with luck I'll be able to grow a fur coat to keep people warm with it
They don't attack, but eating a yaktaur WOULD be interesting. Their fur is probably more suited to lager creatures like Freddie, while hte angry snowballs you ate before had fur better suited to medium sized animals. Anyway, you get in and under the overhang. Your yaktaurs are kinda forming a ring similar to the other group of yaktaurs, but with your team outside the ring.

Return to human form in order to assist my wielder in setting up fire and shelter. he needs to get warm right away.
try to build a fire here. Thank Gwyn for helping once we've got it going.
(3)(6) you manage to find some firemaking supplies in one of the packs. Kongor piles some of the chunky, thick squares of compact mosslike stuff in under the overhang while Gwen throws some of the smaller papery stuff on it and strikes flint and steel.it takes a few tries but eventually the small area is lit and warming, if a bit smokey. KOngor sits a little too close to the fire, shivering.

Attempt to get out of the chasm.
(6)(4) you pull yourself up out of the chasm and drag yourself to the top of the mountain, crawling on your stomach the whole way, sending snow, ice, and rocks tumbling behind you. You don't see the team, on account of the blizzard. They must be around here somewhere though.

Apply/Ingest/chug a dose of antifreeze, however it's supposed to be applied. Help my comrades with shelter and fire if they need help.
(5) you notice that the yaktaurs are instinctively circling against the wind and snow, but at a short distance fro mwhere the team is huddling into the little cave, so you spend some time herding and directing the yaktaurs to lay in a semicircle against the outer edge of the cave, pulling supplies from packs as you do. the yaktaurs form a ring two layers deep and settle in, leaving your cave dark and quiet, except the smokey light from the mossfire and the noise of your companions. And the sounds of a giant dragging itself up the mountain. You settle in near the fire and apply a dose of antifreeze. all systems within acceptable parameters.

(2) Suddenly, a howl arises outside the dell - the sound of a dozen inhuman voices screeching above the noise of the storm. The yaktaurs start lowing in response, low and quiet, their eyes widened and darting, nostrils flaring, and fur bristling. they do not move from their spots. THe only movement they make is one or two raising their heads slightly. it's as if, once settled, they've taken root. that or, somehow the scream from outside has paralyzed them and they are unable to flee.

(6)(2)(5)(4)(5)(1)
Freddie's eyes light with a crimson glow and he snorts fire, pacing in the enclosure, looking ready to claw his way out to meet the sounds head-on. HE can - there's enough  of a gap for him to snake through.
Vladen goes suddenly very physically cold. He starts shivering and feeling serious pins and needles all over his body. This is weird.
Kongor looks up for the fire, eyes flashing, and takesa deep breath, ready to yell out a challenge at the newcomers.
Gwen looks to Kongor and takes his hand in her much smaller one
Bruford waves the snow away from his iron eyes and looks about. He catches a glimpse of some shadowy, deep green things drifting along the ridge as the wind swirls.
Clunkers' body simply locks up, all joints seemingly frozen solid, internal gauges reading subzero temperatures, engine gauges reading boiling temps, paradoxically.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 22, 2019, 09:34:33 pm »

(No worries, Oz.)

(Freddie only has one eye, though.)

Pounce about with anticipation..  unless someone stops me, charge out and set all the things on fire.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 23, 2019, 10:46:56 am »

Follow and set about munching on a yaktaur
"Why am I c-cold? I'm supposed to b-b-be dead...undead."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 24, 2019, 10:06:58 pm »

Keep an eye out for visible signs of danger while, assuming I can dual wield, holding scythe Gwyn (which if I remember correctly is an option) in one hand and my morningstar in the other. If I can't dual wield, then just wield scythe Gwyn, as I'm not sure how human Gwyn with a scythe arm would do in comparison to her allegedly more durable weapon form.

Just what kind of freakozoid things can make THAT racket?!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 26, 2019, 12:26:16 pm »

I shift into weapon form as my wielder grasps me, making sure that he ends up naturally holding me correctly without him having to bother thinking about it.
((Weapon form Gwyn is both scythe and cannon, though note that shes down to just one round of HEI right now))
"I dunno, but I think theyre hunting meat."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:28:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 26, 2019, 12:34:30 pm »

Meat...blech. Well if they are anything like the snowy mothballs I'm sure we won't have too much of a problem.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 28, 2019, 06:19:55 am »

"Bruford hate snow!"

Start stomping and kicking the snow around, waving my fists around and making as much chaos as possible to scare away the blizzard and the green things.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2019, 01:55:14 pm »

"ERROR"

Emergency shutdown and restart, something's fucky and this will not stand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 06, 2019, 12:07:42 am »

(No worries, Oz.)

(Freddie only has one eye, though.)

Pounce about with anticipation..  unless someone stops me, charge out and set all the things on fire.
you run outside, into the blizzard. (5) yo  go maybe a dozen yards before spotting what look like several large, slightly tilted stone pillars rising from the snow. Each pillar appears to be about three feet wide and roughly cylindrical, black, and have a rough and unshaped surface, and they clearly weren't there before. So, you set the first few on fire. They begin lifting out of the snow and swinging backward, your flame coating them and illuminating the scene. You look up and see, several dozen feet up, that the pillars are connected to several indistinct shapes. The howling is coming from up that-away. One of the shapes is dropping slowly toward the ground as its burnign pillar legs pull it back from your fire.

Follow and set about munching on a yaktaur
"Why am I c-cold? I'm supposed to b-b-be dead...undead."
Are you eating one of your pack animals? Just checking here.

I shift into weapon form as my wielder grasps me, making sure that he ends up naturally holding me correctly without him having to bother thinking about it.
((Weapon form Gwyn is both scythe and cannon, though note that shes down to just one round of HEI right now))
"I dunno, but I think theyre hunting meat."
Keep an eye out for visible signs of danger while, assuming I can dual wield, holding scythe Gwyn (which if I remember correctly is an option) in one hand and my morningstar in the other. If I can't dual wield, then just wield scythe Gwyn, as I'm not sure how human Gwyn with a scythe arm would do in comparison to her allegedly more durable weapon form.

Just what kind of freakozoid things can make THAT racket?!
Someone please slap this guy for writing actions like I write actions.
(1) I knew you'd get a 1 on this, for some reason. hang on, lemme roll Gwen's assistance (6).
Kongor attempts to dual wield two two handed weapons and fumbles them both, dropping each repeatedly in comedic fashion as he attempts to carry them out past the ring of yaktaurs. Eventually, Gwen shifts into girl form, slaps the morningstar away, and grasps Kongor's hand firmly before shifting back into weapon form, bl;ade pointed directly at the exit. Kongor sheepishly sildes out, muttering apologies to the wall of fur, the rock face, the snow, and Gwen as he goes. Getting outside, he looks up at the tall, longlegged, indistinct shapes sceaming at the campers. "I still don't know what they are, but they sure are freakazoids!"

Meat...blech. Well if they are anything like the snowy mothballs I'm sure we won't have too much of a problem.

Oh Really?!
-gets out the special dice-

"Bruford hate snow!"

Start stomping and kicking the snow around, waving my fists around and making as much chaos as possible to scare away the blizzard and the green things.
I'm gonna roll for "scare away the blizzard." Lemme check your character sheet here. hmm. not much to help there, unless~ ... unless~~
(2) nah, the blizzard is unimpressed. Alright, now for the large green things.
(5) You stomp, kick, and throw things at the green things. You hit one square in it's center of mass, sending it flying backward into the storm, lost to sight in an instant. One of the howls silenced with an undignified squeak.  Meanwhile, you send two or three more tumbling as well. The chorus of howls becomes a disturbed cacaphony.

"ERROR"

Emergency shutdown and restart, something's fucky and this will not stand.
(5) you shut down and restart. Soon, the floating hazy abstraction that represents your ucnonscious self start mechanism resolves int odistinct inputs again. all systems normal. outside is still cold as balls, but your body is operating normally. whatever is going on outside is having less to no effect on yuo now, perhaps due to the restart, but also perhaps due ot the change in the noise.

(5)(5) v (3) two of the big things attack the flame spewing guy (that's you, Freddy) each delivering a solid kick to his chest and side, sending him tumbling into the air, up over the enclosure and into the blizzard. Freddy loses sight of the enemy,, but manages to right himself and land without injury, sliding partway down the mountain. That really hurt. Freddy can still hear the enemy, but finding his way back by sound is gonna take a roll.

(3) The enemy's chorus falters, lowers in volume, then corrects, now wiht a lower tone. Nothing happens yet, but next round, you guys get the feeling their song will do something again.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 85