Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148331 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #795 on: April 26, 2019, 05:27:17 pm »

Clunkers shudders awake with a groan of the cogs inside of him

"Apologetic statement: This one must have dozed off for a moment there. What were we doing again?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 26, 2019, 07:42:03 pm »

"Honestly, Bruford forgot what the mission was around when the base camp was attacked."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 26, 2019, 09:08:56 pm »

Kongor contemplates for a moment what qualifies as qualities of the living
"Well, I know for certain that I'm alive. I guess for something to be dead it would have to be completely inanimate."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 05, 2019, 09:38:57 pm »

"There's also something on the other side."

Clearly, grabbing everyone and jumping to the other side is the best option right now.
haven't done an intuition roll in a while. (5)+1. Assuming Bruford could reasonably make that jump whit little risk, it would be a fairly reasonable method of geting the non-flyers across. However, Bruford remembers that he is, in fact, cursed, and therefore likely to miss the edge and tumble into the ravine, killing all the little squishies and embedding the non-squishies into the ice deep within the ravine. Hmm, but maybe a ladder, or some rope or something?

I have wings.  That's clearly better than getting grabbed.
Haven't done TWO intuition rolls in a while. (4) yeah, flying across seems reasonable for Freddie. Doesn't solve the issue for the yaktaurs though.

It seems silly to go across this thing at all. Is there a way to go around it?
There are no immediately apparent easier ways across.You are on the mountain crests. It's not a normally flat area, but a series of ridges.

Clunkers shudders awake with a groan of the cogs inside of him

"Apologetic statement: This one must have dozed off for a moment there. What were we doing again?"
Trying to get across a ravine to a higher ridge on the opposite side. Also, you want to get your Yaktaurs across too.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 06, 2019, 02:12:00 am »

Find something sturdy to tie some rope to near the edge of the ravine
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 06, 2019, 02:35:54 am »

Another problem solvable with fire.

Fly up to the other side, and start melting some snow on top of the ridge, then try to blow the water off the edge with my wings.  Hopefully I can make some kinda ice bridge by having the water re-freeze on the way down, narrowing the chasm slowly.

Carry over any people/objects who want to go over, save for Bruford who is obv. too big.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:12:47 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 06, 2019, 08:46:02 pm »

Find something sturdy to tie some rope to near the edge of the ravine
If at all necessary, tie pieces of rope together to get the length we need to cross this gap

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 06, 2019, 08:51:28 pm »

Who volunteers to be carried over to the other side?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 06, 2019, 09:06:19 pm »

Take who ever is lightest, carry them across and and have them secure the other end of the rope
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 08, 2019, 10:33:54 am »

((I’m pretty sure Gwyn is the lightest but if she gets out of range of the crystal who knows if that will work))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 08, 2019, 11:02:47 am »

((If she gets out of the range of the crystal she'll no longer be loyal to her wielder, or even the party in general. however, she'll still be stuck out here in the snow, and will act in her own self-interest.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 08, 2019, 08:11:53 pm »

((Ok so I guess long story short take the second lightest person over to the other side))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 08, 2019, 10:34:54 pm »

((There are times the best interest of the group and of the individual coincide. In this case, the group has all the food. Just as an example))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 08, 2019, 10:50:03 pm »

Try grabbing one of the yaktaurs and throwing it to the other side without much force, as an experiment. Could Bruford throw everyone to the other side safely?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 09, 2019, 10:26:38 am »

Try grabbing one of the yaktaurs and throwing it to the other side without much force, as an experiment. Could Bruford throw everyone to the other side safely?
((If you’re throwing, safety is kinda out the window isn’t it?))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 85