Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 147197 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #810 on: May 09, 2019, 03:52:16 pm »

As I don't really know anything to do that can help here, just observe my teammates efforts and keep an eye out for danger.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 09, 2019, 07:54:32 pm »

(It might work.  If not, Freddie gets a meal.  ;-p)

(Freddie could use some help with the construction bit of the ice bridge he's making, which would let him concentrate on the fire.

There's also things like snow shelters and such.

Lastly, there may be construction gear in the supplies, as we are supposed to go build something at the end of this trip.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:55:44 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 12, 2019, 11:29:46 am »

people are gonna need to reuse the trail were making anyway. Are there materials to build a permanant bridge here over the course of a few days?

((Good thought dev))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 12, 2019, 01:17:57 pm »

((Well.. not quite.  Nobody needs to use the trail behind us, as we are building a teleporter at the destination, allowing people to not have to follow through our trail.

Still, building stuff to get there may be quite necessary.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 17, 2019, 06:42:56 am »

Find something sturdy to tie some rope to near the edge of the ravine
(1) you kick a good -sized rock to test it's sturdiness. It instantly rolls out from under your feet and goes crashing into the ravine, bouncing and banging for several minutes as it tumbles away into the distance. Your hunger meter has risen to 70/100

Another problem solvable with fire.

Fly up to the other side, and start melting some snow on top of the ridge, then try to blow the water off the edge with my wings.  Hopefully I can make some kinda ice bridge by having the water re-freeze on the way down, narrowing the chasm slowly.

Carry over any people/objects who want to go over, save for Bruford who is obv. too big.

I don't see any volunteers. You fly over to the other side and (6) you spend several minutes happily melting a groove int ote hwall of the chasm. The water you melt slides away too quick for you to do anything with, refreezing into small stalactites down below. Eventually,  the ice snaps suddenly, and a mini iceberg drops out from under your feet, leaving a divot in the ravine about ten feet tall and at about a 45 degree slope, wide enough for a single yaktaur.

Find something sturdy to tie some rope to near the edge of the ravine
If at all necessary, tie pieces of rope together to get the length we need to cross this gap
You do have several ropes that are more than long enough. (3) you make a rudimentary rope bridge out of a few ropes. hard to say how useful it is until you get it secured though.

Try grabbing one of the yaktaurs and throwing it to the other side without much force, as an experiment. Could Bruford throw everyone to the other side safely?
(2) You gently toss a yaktaur underhand across the ravine. It belly flops against the edge of the ravine and bounces back with a disgruntled moo, which quickly turns into a panicked bellow as it slides into open air. (3) you grab it by a hind leg as it falls, dumping half the provisions on it's back into the ravine. You set it down near the other yaktaurs and ignore it's indignant bleating. "Hey guys! I could totally throw you all across! And here I thought my throwing things skill was only good for combat!"

As I don't really know anything to do that can help here, just observe my teammates efforts and keep an eye out for danger.
A dragon melts a hole in the cliff side, a gorilla ties some rope, a ghoul shoves a rock into the void, and a giant throws some livestock around. As you watch this, you become increasingly certain that you can, in fact, do something to help ... whatever is happening here.

people are gonna need to reuse the trail were making anyway. Are there materials to build a permanant bridge here over the course of a few days?

((Good thought dev))
I'm almost certain there was some. The yaktaurs are hauling a bunch of construction equipment, after all. so, yes, this is a feasable idea with your given equipment.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 17, 2019, 09:34:17 am »

help find anything to secure the “experimental” bridge to on this side

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 17, 2019, 11:22:56 am »

((Fairly sure any bridge we try to make won't be big of strong enough for Bruford.))

Go gather large chunks of rock or ice and start filling the ravine with them, so there's no more ravine and I can just walk through.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 17, 2019, 12:06:56 pm »

Find a sturdier ranchor for the rope unless we want everyone to hold the rope while another person climbs across and go eat the dead yakataur.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:32:26 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 17, 2019, 10:23:17 pm »

(I'd recommend the dead one.)

(...and yeah.  But maybe I can carve hand and footholds so you can climb back up, rgu.)

(Or you could climb down the ravine to find the power source there, spaz.  I think your hunger pointed that out, so that should be handy.)

Good progress!  The divot means the bridge can be level instead of having to go up.

Start eating the dead Yaktaur on this side of the ravine.  Yay!  I can continue work next turn.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:00:52 am by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 19, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »

Help out with the rope bridge.
Alternatively, compute a feasible way (if there is one) to make an actual bridge with the materials we've brought with us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 20, 2019, 11:32:01 am »

... are there any snacks for me? I dont like being nearly empty like this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 22, 2019, 06:53:12 am »

help find anything to secure the “experimental” bridge to on this side
(2) every time you point out a suitable rock or ice crag, Brufird picks it up and chucks it into the ravine.

((Fairly sure any bridge we try to make won't be big of strong enough for Bruford.))

Go gather large chunks of rock or ice and start filling the ravine with them, so there's no more ravine and I can just walk through.
That's one way to do it. (3) you make some progress. a small (to you) pile of debris builds up in the ravine below your selected crossing point - but just a bit to the side, since the bottom of the ravine is not flat and stuff kind a slides a bit. "All mountains should be flat." you mutter to yourself in a voice that echos from the mountainsides.

Find a sturdier ranchor for the rope unless we want everyone to hold the rope while another person climbs across and go eat the dead yakataur.
(I'd recommend the dead one.)

(...and yeah.  But maybe I can carve hand and footholds so you can climb back up, rgu.)

(Or you could climb down the ravine to find the power source there, spaz.  I think your hunger pointed that out, so that should be handy.)

Good progress!  The divot means the bridge can be level instead of having to go up.

Start eating the dead Yaktaur on this side of the ravine.  Yay!  I can continue work next turn.
No yaktaurs died. Bruford caught the one he threw. It's limping though, so if you and Freddy really want .... anyway, ifyou guys confimr you want ot kill the wounded yaktaur and eat it, we'll consider that done and you can start doing stuff next turn. also, about an anchor for that rope bridge: (2) Kongor stomps over to you and pouts as only an Awakend Gorilla can. "what's wrong, Tropical Buddy?" You ask. "Bruford threw my anchor into the gorge." Also also, Vladen's hunger is now at 80/100.

Help out with the rope bridge.
Alternatively, compute a feasible way (if there is one) to make an actual bridge with the materials we've brought with us.

(5) the construction equipment is designed to be anchored into ice and stone. There are ropes, pulleys, long poles, and foldable wall structures and even some flooring (some assembly required). Detailed plans for a passable bridge have been downloaded to your brain. You even have a list of supplies somewhere and there's more than enough materials to both build this bridge and complete the final project, as if the planners of this expedition expected you might need to pave the way to the shrine.

... are there any snacks for me? I dont like being nearly empty like this.
(2) I believe much of your stuff was in packs on the yaktaur that Bruford threw. Maybe if you ask, he'll climb down into the ravine and gather it up for you?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 22, 2019, 09:46:30 am »

Help the robot with the bridge building
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:17:41 am by SuperDino85 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 22, 2019, 11:35:34 am »

Ponder about the consequences that intentionally crushing the monkey under my weight or dropping him down the ravine might have. Continue grabbing heavy things and throwing them down the ravine.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 22, 2019, 01:41:13 pm »

Eat the injured yakataur
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 85