Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148359 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #855 on: June 10, 2019, 11:29:56 pm »

Continue attempting to un-stuck myself, with more strenght.
Bay12 is reasonably slow now instead of mind numbingly slow. and my spotty internet is ... working.

Help pull Bruford out of the ravine.
(3) + assist(4). A bit of well placed fire and some elbow grease and Bruford is vertical and unstuck. He looks back up the scree slope down which he has slid. Hmm.

continue alternating between helping with construction and keeping my hands warm
Continue building, but occasionally pause to check for hostiles/hostile weather/magical shenanigans
(4) Work goes well, and you complete the main structure. You construct a basic altar as well, affixing a few crystalline gems to the corners. They begin to glow dimly. You might be able to activate them if you wish. There are instructions, but there is a note that this part can be left to the monks.

Grab it and eat a crustacean
(6) You grab a crustacean and stuff it whole into your mouth, chewing thoughtfully. You wedge yourself between thecrystal and a wall and shove. it snaps off at teh base and falls over: (1) shattering into hundreds of shards. Well, at least they will bea easier to transport. You eat another crustacean. several of thecrabs are gathering shardsand startign to scurry away with the pieces. Your hunger drops to 65/100.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 11, 2019, 07:22:44 am »

Try to grab some shards and food.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 11, 2019, 09:13:09 pm »

Attempt to climb up? There's not much else I can do here because of my size.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 14, 2019, 12:51:57 pm »

mourn my lack of food to convert to ammo
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:38 pm »

I'm all for leaving the altar to the monks. Continue working on the remaining mundane stuff.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 14, 2019, 06:31:47 pm »

help with mundane things

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 14, 2019, 07:56:53 pm »

Go check out the now-exposed cavern (assuming it isn't part of the teleporter) and grab some shiny crystals.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 15, 2019, 09:24:05 am »

Attempt to climb up? There's not much else I can do here because of my size.
(1) This time you end up buried under the avalanche, miles away from everyone else. up side is, like one foot is up above the snow and rock in a way that is visible to the rest of the team, or would be once they track you down the slope. Don't worry, mission is effectively over so all they need to do is slap a couple teleportation charms on you to get you home, avalanche and all.

Try to grab some shards and food.
Go check out the now-exposed cavern (assuming it isn't part of the teleporter) and grab some shiny crystals.
the two of you collect a few fistfuls of shards and carry them up to the worksite. Depositing a pile of them on the spot where the altar is going to be built satisfies Vladen's Geas, and his hunger abates.

mourn my lack of food to convert to ammo
You tug on Kongor's furry arm and rub your stomach mournfully. Those shards the others brought look tasty. Your provisions are still in the ravine though.

I'm all for leaving the altar to the monks. Continue working on the remaining mundane stuff.
help with mundane things
alright, you guys wrap up and set about establishing a teleportation circle.
"Statement of unease. Something seems to have been left out of our preparations for the return trip. Something large and noisy."
"Huh? Who cares, I'm cold. Hey, where's Bruford? Wasn't he here, like, a minute ago?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 15, 2019, 10:13:37 am »

Finish things up to let the clanky iron guy come home too.  But I want at least one of those crystals to keep, because they're shiny.  Get more if necessary

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 15, 2019, 02:40:04 pm »

Scream loudly while awaiting extraction, then.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 18, 2019, 06:45:45 pm »

Drop the shards where the altar is going to be and assist in finding the burried guy
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 18, 2019, 11:08:56 pm »

Try to "echo locate" Buford. The echo ought to be louder than my own voice.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2019, 04:17:04 pm »

Also aid in locating Bruford and getting him to teleport circle so we can go "home".

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 21, 2019, 01:08:18 am »

Alright, you guys find Bruford, slap some teleport charms on hm, and head back to the portal. The shards at the altar space are glowing, neither faint nor bright. A wisp of light rises from each of them, drifting upward like lazy flames, sometimes entwining, sometimes scatering. The light 'flames' disappear after a short distance, though when they entwine they go further before fading away. the all flow in the same direction - toward the small bright star.

You head home and report mission complete.

I'm going to call this a long mission, with medium risk, and award everyone 20 coin, 3 stat, and 9 substat points.

Edit: feel free to request alternative or additional rewards instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 21, 2019, 02:53:12 am »

Updated stat-sheet.

Changed specialization.  Not taking it, getting improved magic instead which is about as good.

Let me know if any of the negative traits from the near-death experience have worn off/changed/gotten worse.

Freddie is going to go to his cave, get a nice warm meal, and go sleep first.

Then, since his cave is pretty empty, he's going to try to get some treasure.  Assuming someone told him how money works, he's going to wake up, eat, and then look for treasure.  When he finds something he likes, he'll take a couple of coins, leave them behind, and haul whatever it is back to his cave.  Then he'll have another meal and a snooze.

Repeat until satisfied or someone intervenes

Spoiler: Freddie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:03:49 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 85