Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148206 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #885 on: June 23, 2019, 12:04:13 am »

Spoiler: Gwyn - Current (click to show/hide)

"Um, sir? Is... there any kind of magic that you would like me to be able to use? Or anything you want me to become better at?"

Spoiler: Gwyn - Support-levelup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gwyn - Moar Dakka (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:02:02 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 23, 2019, 01:13:49 pm »

Spoiler: Gwyn - Current (click to show/hide)

"Um, sir? Is... there any kind of magic that you would like me to be able to use? Or anything you want me to become better at?"

Spoiler: Gwyn - Support-levelup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gwyn - Moar Dakka (click to show/hide)

”Ehh...hard to say...they all seem promising in certain situations...How about your solo combat? I don’t wanna drop you while swinging you around, we already had that happen once I think.”

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 23, 2019, 06:06:51 pm »

"Okay."
While in post-mission maintanance and rearming, I want to ask about improving my flexability with extending and retracting my blade in human form, hoping to be able do so faster and more often and to get to use more of the blade. I also will be training myself in its practical use during our downtime, developing the skills shown in the planned levelup.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 24, 2019, 12:08:11 pm »

leveled movement from basic to apprentice (1) and spirit from aprentice to journeyman (2). Added 20 coin.
Could you remind me how the whole substat points into skills works agian? I didn't find it in the OP, though I might just be going blind and reading right over it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 26, 2019, 06:33:34 am »

I know I ind a fucked up the character creation and level up system when I did the system overhaul. I apologize. It seems to be cumbersome and complex - better suited to a well fleshed out system with specific mechanics than for my style of GM'ing.

Updated stat-sheet.

Changed specialization.  Not taking it, getting improved magic instead which is about as good.

Let me know if any of the negative traits from the near-death experience have worn off/changed/gotten worse.

Freddie is going to go to his cave, get a nice warm meal, and go sleep first.

Then, since his cave is pretty empty, he's going to try to get some treasure.  Assuming someone told him how money works, he's going to wake up, eat, and then look for treasure.  When he finds something he likes, he'll take a couple of coins, leave them behind, and haul whatever it is back to his cave.  Then he'll have another meal and a snooze.

Repeat until satisfied or someone intervenes

Spoiler: Freddie (click to show/hide)
Your chaotic wing effects have settled into a heat and light effect. could generate heat, cold, various light effects, or darkness. Flight should be more reliable now, and you are more in tune with your body through the neural network now, so you are less clumsy and awkward.

you want me to decide what stuff Freddie hauls back to his cave? I can do that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wasn’t sure what to do with the three stats
bump up body, mind, spirit, magic stat or melee, ranged, medical, gen know or specializations with the tat points. or hang on to them for later. Stat points are for the larger categories and allow you to raise a whole category, while substat points allow you to raise an individual stat or skill.

Also, Lenglon asks this below: are you keeping Gwen, or would you rather hand her off to someone else? Also also, are you fine with the level up choice you guys decided on? Be clear about that now so there is no confusion.

Gwyn isn't able to own things, so she shouldn't get the coins. could she instead get some form of upgrade credits?

Gwyn's levelup will be heavilly influenced by her wielder. So... does her current wielder reject her (making her available if anyone else wants to wield her) or keep her (in which case, she'll be asking him questions about what upgrades to get. - which translates to which stats to raise)

upgrade credits is fine. How do you want to work that? She can 'own' ammo, right?

Spoiler: Delia (click to show/hide)
Attempt to find an item that can be used as a weapon
I am impressed that someone else has slogged through that character creation process. Welcome.
This game is pretty flexible on weaponry, character types, etc. The more creative you are or specific about what you want, the easier it is for me to add it. For now, you have two thorn sickles, and a belt of magical nuts. Tiny weapons do less physical damage, naturally, but they can have effects that boost their potency.

"Okay."
While in post-mission maintanance and rearming, I want to ask about improving my flexability with extending and retracting my blade in human form, hoping to be able do so faster and more often and to get to use more of the blade. I also will be training myself in its practical use during our downtime, developing the skills shown in the planned levelup.
you are basically adding to your melee and natural weapon skills, correct? hmm. 10 upgrade credits will go to extending your blade further and more frequently. you can add a second blade to the other arm for 20 additional upgrade credits, should you wish.

leveled movement from basic to apprentice (1) and spirit from aprentice to journeyman (2). Added 20 coin.
Could you remind me how the whole substat points into skills works agian? I didn't find it in the OP, though I might just be going blind and reading right over it.

so, if you have basic level in a stat, and +1 in the substat, that substat acts as apprentice level. if you have apprentice level in the stat, and +2 in the substat, the substat goes to journeyman. Not sure if those are the right numbers.

That is: the stat is the baseline for the substats - they all are at the same level as the base stat to start. To raise a substat to the next level, you have to have x amount of points in the substat. If you raise a base stat, you don't lose the sub points, so if you have +2 in a substat before level up, you'll still have that +2 after.

so, +3 in a substat will raise a weak stat to apprentice, or a basic stat to journeyman

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 26, 2019, 07:21:08 am »

in her head at least Gwyn's ammo is a part of her, though a disposible one, similar to how one might consider hair.

Please note that Gwyn isn't restricted to extending her blade from her arms. her back, forehead, legs, anywhere on her body is a valid location to work with. (has been on her charsheet for forever, though it hasn't come up for discussion so I get how this could be missed.)

if the price doesn't require adjustment as a result of this, then becoming able to extend a duplicate blade for her 20 credits would be neat, and I think it'll provide more felxability than improving the single blade she can currently extend. so would like that. Am curious if this will affect her in full-weapon mode?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 26, 2019, 08:34:43 am »

See how much it is to get a spell book and the blade of thorns, also inquire if more of those absorption runes are available
"What to get....what to get...Hey guys should I get another bag of those rocks that explode when thrown or a spell book? Or wait...what about another one of those runes that let me eat and absorb really big things?"

Spoiler: Vladen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
hmm. 20 for the blade, 5 for the rune since it's one-shot, and for a blank spellbook, 10

in her head at least Gwyn's ammo is a part of her, though a disposible one, similar to how one might consider hair.

Please note that Gwyn isn't restricted to extending her blade from her arms. her back, forehead, legs, anywhere on her body is a valid location to work with. (has been on her charsheet for forever, though it hasn't come up for discussion so I get how this could be missed.)

if the price doesn't require adjustment as a result of this, then becoming able to extend a duplicate blade for her 20 credits would be neat, and I think it'll provide more felxability than improving the single blade she can currently extend. so would like that. Am curious if this will affect her in full-weapon mode?

I did know that about her being able to extend the blade from elsewhere. No, that doesn't prevent you from getting a second blade. In full weapon mode, It depends on teh user, but yes, the functionality would be there.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 26, 2019, 09:59:14 am »

Yup.  And if it creates to any problems related to basically stealing stuff.  Also would like a size update at the end of the downtime.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:01:03 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 26, 2019, 10:57:30 am »

Find a rat or something small to practice fighting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 26, 2019, 11:38:22 am »

Purchase two runes of absorb person and one empty spell book
Spoiler: Vladen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 26, 2019, 12:17:29 pm »

Alright, Gwyn, I can keep you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 26, 2019, 03:33:07 pm »

"Yay!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 26, 2019, 03:39:20 pm »

"Yay!"
Why did you make the text hard to read?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 26, 2019, 04:01:01 pm »

"Yay!"
Because you clearly are using the inferior forum theme.
Also because past me decided to make Gwyn's speech beige with a white glow and so her speech continues to be that color for consistensy's sake.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 26, 2019, 05:21:16 pm »

"Yay!"
Because you clearly are using the inferior forum theme.
Also because past me decided to make Gwyn's speech beige with a white glow and so her speech continues to be that color for consistensy's sake.
How do I change the forum theme to dark?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 85