Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148390 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #990 on: August 12, 2019, 07:43:53 pm »

I look at my wielder in confusion, feeling conflicting needs to obey the vague sorta-command to defend the Heart, and the vague not-a-command-but-implied-intention of my wielder to stand there and do nothing. And with no clarity of purpose but a pair of conflicting vague needs I feel achey and uncomfortable."I-I-I..."
I squirm and look up at my wielder, the ape that I still have no name for.
"What am I supposed to do?"

I’m going to find a place where there isn’t any haze to choke me. You can come too.

((You must have not read the action))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 12, 2019, 07:56:27 pm »

(Edited my orders as Vlad is no longer trying to drain the heart or attack it, as per his listed orders.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 12, 2019, 09:26:34 pm »

"I also hope you all realize that this heart isn't the heart of omega, it's not even fully powering omega, it's a battery. You want to see what fuels omega, look at yourselves."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:31:57 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 13, 2019, 08:22:10 am »

Dude, I can’t see very well through this haze. There’s a spot not in the haze right?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 13, 2019, 10:02:28 am »

"Just come to me and help me find the heart of Lorkham and I'll have plenty of energy to sustain all of us through this fog."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 13, 2019, 07:03:31 pm »

((Action edited))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 13, 2019, 08:14:24 pm »

and now I feel better. My wielder gave me direction.
"Okay."
followmy wielder
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 15, 2019, 11:31:58 pm »

try to cast a spell that makes me less susceptible to the illness from the gas. If it works, try to cast the same spell on Kongor
Looks towards  Kongor and says
“Can’t fight when ill. I can try to cast something that will help us so we can feel better so we can fight better”
So, you have weak magic stat, and no healing or immunity or toxin related specs, so this will be a difficult spell. First, an intuition roll to see if you can figure out what kind of thing to do in this situation to make yourself less susceptible: (4) you think putting an air bubble around you or maybe blowing the toxin away or somehow neutralizing the toxin would work. Let's see if you can figure out how to neutralize the toxin: This is an intelligence roll and needs a 5: (3) nope. Alright, you try to do something with air- low roll you try to blow the poison away, high roll you try an air bubble: (1) Now for the actual spell: (2) you create a small breeze, but it mostly just stirs the haze around in a small area around you. In the end it didn't change anything.

Use the arctic howl to help slow the destruction down and search for the heart of Lorkham to leach some energy off of for sustenance. Also use the pack ability to try and coordinate leading others to Vlad's location, if the entity takes hostile action to Vlad, start trying to eat it and absorb it with the rune of absorbtion

"Hey? Uh, thing I released, any chance you can give me some sustenance to sustain myself? I'm getting...rather hungry."
Hmm, I'm uncertain if the storm cancelling effect counts in this instance. I suppose the haze is a weather-like effect. Lemme roll to see if it can even be affected this way: (5) alright, let's see what that howl does: (2) you let out a piercing screech, blowing the mist upward. However, more of the haze billows in immediately.
Are you looking for the Heart of Lathal? Omega's heart? It's that bigass magical organic machine. It's hard to miss, even in this situation. Let's see if it grants you any energy: This is a charisma roll, because no way in hell do you have enough magical power to force the Heart to give it to you: (5) hey look at that - Omega recognizes that you have recognized the error of your ways and is allowing you sustenance to fight it's enemies. Let's see how many turns worth: (1) so, you have a total of two turns worth of energy. good luck~

Ah yes, that howl was loud. let's see if the big ass mostrosity notices or cares: high is good, low is bad (3) it doesn't deviate from it's path, but it DOES spew a thick black substance in a heavy stream at you. It has advantage to hit: (6)(5) v (4) You are knocked completely off your feet and thrown back by the force of the thick, sticky substance. You slam heavily into something hard and are dazed for one round. I'll go ahead and take that round off your kill clock, so you have one round to appeal to Lathal or to get energy from some other source.

"Bruford suggests eating enemy. Why are you not eating enemy?"

Start grabbing tentacles with my free hand and chopping them with my new demonic axe. Stomp on any that gets close to my legs.
This requires you to climb a bit to get to where it is - this area is essentially a maze of machinery and stuff: (3) you stumble and fall, kocking scaffolding around and denting a pipe enough t ocause a rupture. some kind of gas starts spraying out of the leak. Let's see if you get close enough to get hold of a tentacle: (4) Yeah. time to start swinging: (6) oh good, you lop off a tentacle completely, right at the base. (3) a different substance than what attacked Vlad sprays out of the wound, splattering you pretty heavily. a thin smoke rises fro mteh are a of contact. Also, the Monster notices you. You get to swing again as the monster attacks you with other tentacles. Hmm, lemme roll to see how many attacks it makes: (1) okay, now a straight melee contest. with your spec in axes and it's [???] it has advantage and I'll roll it's attack first then your counter (4)(3) v (1) so it gets by your swing, catching you in the back and slamming you forward. Con roll: (5) you step forward, stumble, and grab hold of some part of the entity to keep yourself upright. Currently the monster is stationary due to your attacks and it's response.

Alrighty I hope it works.

But just in case it doesn’t, see if we can head out of the haze and avoid the tentacles for the moment, making my way towards the undead guy in the process
and now I feel better. My wielder gave me direction.
"Okay."
followmy wielder
Alright, you two run over to a metal stairwell and climb out of the haze, then along a  clear tube to a wide platform above the conflict. From here, you have a clearer view of things, though the haze does obscure much of what's going on. You see Bruford's axe flash, hear Vlad's unearthy howl (recognized as the same kind of howl those monsters on the last mission gave), and see the frenetic activity of the heart chamber. You see the giant irontree wade in after Bruford, and across the chamber you see other Omegas in formation, or individually in a variety of actions. The air up here is clear and Kongor breathes easily. You have a good vantage point from which to fire ranged attacks, if you can find something to fire AT.

"Disgusted tone: This is all very chaotic and untidy. How unbecoming of th eOmega legion."

Figure out if this green haze is magical in nature, and if so attempt to counteract it's effects through clockwork magic so my compatriots aren't affected by it. While I'm at it, also take stock of our situation, like what magical effects are currently underway here and what the heck is even happening. Use some robutt farseeing for that if necessary to form a coherent picture.
You analyze the haze: (1) your sensor shorts out, returning naught but static. Your best guess is that the haze is produced magically but is natural once it leaves the creature's body. Also, it's probably toxic. AS for what's going on: (4) you know that several Omega Prisoners have escaped their containment. this reature is like none of the other prisoners you've met before and is in a danger level possibly below that Black Dragon you saw before (Clunkers did see that, right? if not he heard detailed reports), but in a danger level above any active Omegas. In fact, you are certain that this creature is inherently hostile to Omega, to that which Omega protects, and to you yourself. as for the other escapees - they are of a lesser priority at the moment. Finally, you know that you are in the Heart Chamber, and this thing is causing serious damage down here. This is bad news for the structure of the planetesmal that Omega has become. But at least you also know that other Omegas are fighting this thing as well, so there is a chance. You think that protecting the Heart might take priority over killing the monster, so you think that if the monster moves away from the Heart Chamber, that would be a better situation.

Freddie stops while Vlad is talking for a moment.  Vlad's arguments are unconvincing, but as there is an available current target that is more obviously hostile, Freddie attacks it first.

Move into a position between Vlad and the heart.  Set the entity on fire.  Keep anyone from approaching the heart of Omega.  If Vlad approaches the heart or does anything hostile towards myself, the heart, or someone else, attack him too.  This includes trying to absorb power.  If Vlad does nothing, only attack the entity/tentacles.

(Also, I though I was going to remove those scales and go with the regular armoured ones.  Would that mean Freddie is disabled?)

(Sorry spaz, but you should have convinced Freddie to go along with you before attacking the nice thing that saved his life.)

(Also, hope the gas isn't flammable.  That might be bad.)
You fly and climb and crawl down in between Vlad, the Heart, and the Monster. Vlad seems ratehr occupied, so yo uconcentrate on the monster, racing down an I-beam toward a clawed, spiked limb. (1) you spray fire, but it reacts super weirdly with the haze. The fire congeals and the haze sort of collects on it, turning it into a sort of pulsating, spiking, gyrating mass. it sends sparks out in all directions, and starts to spread filaments of itself. where the filaments touch metal, the metal corrodes and a rootlike structure forms. where the filaments strike organic bits, they simply rebound off, leaving a jagged trail behind which erupts into flowering branches. Other contacts do less obvious things. The firehaze slowly drifts upward, spewing and filamenting as if goes.

[hidden][hidden][hidden] an extremely loud explosion happens, rocking the entire chamber and throwing Freddie, Clunkers and Kongor off their feet. Freddie doesn't see what caused it, because the monster is in between him and the source of the shaking and noise. Clunkers sees a flash of light and falling stone. Kongor and Gwen see a hole torn in the stone ceiling of the chamber, about a thrid of the way around the room from themselves. They see a couple of Omegas fall from there, disappearing into the haze. The Monster begins ascending again, toward the hole. The Haze seems to billow out around it like a cloak or blanket of cloud. Sirens wail and the room convulses as emergency lights start flickering and various protective structures begin closing around the Heart = blast doors shut, valves close, flows are stilled. In spite of this, the Heart is no less active. Just the opposite - The steady rhythm of the Heart's 'pulse' seems to have quickened. There is an intensity in the air, a vibration in the ground, a pressure in the atmosphere that wasn't there before.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 15, 2019, 11:46:44 pm »

Keep my back to the blast doors around the heart, hopefully I'm not stuck in one.  Blow away the mist with my wings, and get ready for an attack should the nasty creature charge it.

Since Vlad looks damaged, don't attack him, unless the creature is gone and Vlad seems to be doing something obviously hostile.  Or attacks me.

If the heart is protected and the entity is fleeing, breathe fire behind its escape route, and look and listen for other activity.  Get ready to pursue.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:54:33 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 16, 2019, 12:14:22 am »

"My head....ugh...SOMEONE GET ME UP TO IT! I NEED TO FEAST AND CONSUME IT! AT LEAST GIVE ME A DAMN TENTACLE!"
Use the arctic howl again and the moment the entity attacks attempt to absorb it using the absorbtion rune and the pact ability to guide Clunker's action to hold it in place to Vlad and Kongor's shop to the entity. till then feast on the goo and any tentacles given as well as any energy from Omega and the heart of lorkham.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:39:27 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:16 am »

fly up to where the monster is, get in a position where I can throw some magic acorns into one of the tentacle wounds, throw one of them into a wound, if it does damage, throw another one in it too

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:28 am »

Hey Gwyn, have you eaten lately? Or do you at least have any ammo? Because I think now would be a good time to shoot this monstrosity...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 16, 2019, 10:52:27 am »

GM plz verify the following assumption: Gwyn did get to restock on ammo earlier, as part of post-mission followup.
"hehehe, yep! Two HEDP, one HEI"
I shift into weapon form and ready HEDP.
"Ready when you are!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 16, 2019, 12:07:17 pm »

"Guide the entity to me! And bring me some food! I'm stuck."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 16, 2019, 12:51:49 pm »

GM plz verify the following assumption: Gwyn did get to restock on ammo earlier, as part of post-mission followup.
"hehehe, yep! Two HEDP, one HEI"
I shift into weapon form and ready HEDP.
"Ready when you are!"

Aim to hit directly in the center of the freakish monster and fire the ready round
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 85