Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 147158 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 05:45:09 pm »

Removed those two, but I still kept the last part.

Also, abilities of
Spoiler: Jungle Feyline (click to show/hide)

+2, and +1 are an ability.
Click on Feyline, it's a link.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:52:01 pm by TricMagic »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 06:13:47 pm »

I am aware it is a link. I have been in these forums for some time.
Look, even a brief glance at those traits tells me that you are gaining way more than the two stat points you lose for that spec.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 06:15:41 pm »

And if All 4 were weak?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 06:21:18 pm »

do this: start from a blank template. take each of the benefits of that race, individually, and try to fit them into that blank template. see how far you get. And no, gaining points at double the rate is not happening.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 06:24:05 pm »

Uh, I took those two out though?

Also, Can you buy specials with two stat points later on?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:27:53 pm by TricMagic »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 06:40:15 pm »

I understand that this system is new and a little complicated. Please bear with me here.

darkvision is a specialization
cat's terminal velocity (always landing on your feet) is a {special}
immne to magical sleep is a {special}
keen perception is a specialization
hunting is a specialization.

the +2 dex and +1 strength are substat points.

so, for the cost of one {special} you are asking for 2 {special}s 2 skill specializations, and 3 substat points.

yes you can gain specials later on.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 06:41:06 pm »

K, redoing and removing special.

I am just going to go basic till I can buy those specials, which I am likely to do early on.

Also, would my race grant me anything? Or is it just a general outline of what I can learn/eventually do?
Just wanted the stat sheet cleared up first.

Thanks, by the way.

I could nearly mix this up.
Do we have bows and arrows?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 07:12:59 pm by TricMagic »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 07:17:18 pm »

Took out the 2 stat and 6 substat points, all from Movement and its subsections.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 07:18:39 pm »

I think this is the final one.

(Tric, if you're checking this, Freddie has a few levels, the specialization is so he can use the firebreath effectively, and most of the {Special} slots are various crippling events that have happened to him in the recent past.  I should probably have another one for the teeth and claws, but there's lots of demand for those.

Also, you could probably get away with just sleep-resistant, as it'll likely be a lot more powerful.. maybe close to immune, even if not immune.  Immunities aren't usually in specialization slots.

(Speaking of balance issues for Legacy, looking at it I might have to buy 'Fireproof' on him with two stat points in the near future.. as that may not exist anymore.  Or maybe he resists it with the Magic substat of Spirit, along with his fire affinity.)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 08:27:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:25:35 pm by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 04:19:19 am »

K, redoing and removing special.

I am just going to go basic till I can buy those specials, which I am likely to do early on.

Also, would my race grant me anything? Or is it just a general outline of what I can learn/eventually do?
Just wanted the stat sheet cleared up first.

Thanks, by the way.

I could nearly mix this up.
Do we have bows and arrows?
we do have bows and arrows they are in the armory under basic fired weapons.
Actually, I can let you have darkvision for free. You'll have an advantage from your base race regarding hunting and hiding as well, just like random's character will have a weight advantage due to being Giant in size. Were the creature tiny, the catfall thing wold be okay, but as a medium race it doesn't work so well. There will be aspects of the character's Fey nature that show up from time to time too. And, if claws are natural to the race, those are free as well. Basically, the reason I have players marka race is so I can have a baseline for them against which to determine when a roll should be done.

Took out the 2 stat and 6 substat points, all from Movement and its subsections.
mmm. still, exceptional in two forms of melee combat. Well, it is what it is at this point, I think. Good enough.

I think this is the final one.

(Tric, if you're checking this, Freddie has a few levels, the specialization is so he can use the firebreath effectively, and most of the {Special} slots are various crippling events that have happened to him in the recent past.  I should probably have another one for the teeth and claws, but there's lots of demand for those.

Also, you could probably get away with just sleep-resistant, as it'll likely be a lot more powerful.. maybe close to immune, even if not immune.  Immunities aren't usually in specialization slots.

(Speaking of balance issues for Legacy, looking at it I might have to buy 'Fireproof' on him with two stat points in the near future.. as that may not exist anymore.  Or maybe he resists it with the Magic substat of Spirit, along with his fire affinity.)
Looks fine. I'm a little tired to be doing careful stat checks though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It warms my heart to see someone count out the substats for me, so I can track whet they've spent. Good work. Now if we can stuff SuperDino into the proper shatsheet, we'll be all set.

right? everyone else is accounted for from the old system? I guess there are technically characters who haven't ported over,but they've been inactive for a while ...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 04:21:35 am »

What, do you want me to port PYLON for fun?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 04:47:20 am »

What, do you want me to port PYLON for fun?
Was PYLON ever any fun? Why would you do that to yourself?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 04:50:30 am »

Sure he was. Don't need legs to have fun, you know!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 07:29:04 am »

Who's PYLON?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 85