Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148455 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #555 on: October 11, 2018, 11:22:49 am »

"It'll probably be colder higher up."
Go through the sleds, see all the supplies we have in them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 11, 2018, 11:37:34 am »

Chirrip.  Leave the barn and begin exploring the new environment by circling the barn repeatedly.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 11, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »

(Note to self: for Gwyn to fire autonomously is BAAAAAD. Must wield weapon like normal gun from now on. ...great. Shell test success but ended early, consider also finding anti deaf gear...ow)

While making notes, ask the officer for a tutorial on HOW TO OPERATE GWYN WHEN FIRING

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 11, 2018, 06:29:53 pm »

Clunkers, who has been following in autopilot mode for a while now, suddenly wakes up, his eyeslits flaring up with light.

"Statement: Ah, this one had a rather pleasant snooze.

Query: Someone remind this one what we were supposed to accomplish here? What are our exact mission parameters?"

Head outside through the barn door and take in my surroundings. Also check the temperature, do I need antifreeze yet?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 14, 2018, 11:02:42 am »

"Of course! It probably isn't winter yet, so there must be no snow!"

First of all, reminder the Bruford is an enormous giant made of iron. How big is the barn? Can I fit through the door? If I can't, then make a hole in the wall with my fists, one large enough to use as an exit. Don't collapse the celling.
The barn is rather big, and the barn doors are larger than the portal you crawled through to get here. How tall is Bruford?

Lookit the fluffy animals!
The animals are large. Huge, even. They are at least as big as Freddie, covered in thick white fur that is course and ropey, and built like elephants, minus the snouts and flappy ears. They have six wide feet and a long, wide, flat tail that they keep draped over their backs like a blanket. They are all facing away from you so you don't see their faces much. There is a wide feed trough running along the back of their stalls. Some are eating some kind of course, dry looking, needlelike grass or hay or leaves or something. OSme are standing still, and one or two are shuffling about and stomping in their stalls. Occasionally one will make a sound like a woodwind instrument. usually a few of the others will respond with short, hig pitched toots of their own.

"It'll probably be colder higher up."
Go through the sleds, see all the supplies we have in them
food, some kind of thick brown liquid, alcohol, big furry tents, small potbelly stoves without vent pipes, stacks of cubes that look like pressed wood, only made of emerald instead of pulp, lots of construction equipment, some paint supplies, some decorative cloth, decorative but still thick and functional, hammers and pitons. Maybe some other stuff?

Chirrip.  Leave the barn and begin exploring the new environment by circling the barn repeatedly.
You walk out into the cool air and sniff. The scents of fruits past ripe on the trees, leaves ready to decay, woodsmoke drifting in the breeze, dung in quantity, and the wet smell of a mountain brook all come to you in a medley that practically screams 'autumn.' Several large, orange ranch hands observe you idly from a fence about a hundred yards away. You loop teh barn and discover that it is one of four giant-ass barns all arranged in a square with a wide open grass and dirt pasture surrounding them before the woods are allowed to grow in a ring in the background. beyond the trees, you see tree covered hills and low mountains. A flock of birds fills the sky several miles away, thousands of birds flying in a great mass, following a valley off to wherever birds go in this world. There are two suns. One is similar to the suns you are familiar with, but the other is wider, flatter, redder, and less bright by a lot. Almost like a fat round cloud reflecting red sunset rays instead of a self illuminating orb. Closer by, you see half a dozen carts fully loaded for bear. These carts are large, with sled runners instead of wheels, and look like they'd give you trouble to haul along.

(Note to self: for Gwyn to fire autonomously is BAAAAAD. Must wield weapon like normal gun from now on. ...great. Shell test success but ended early, consider also finding anti deaf gear...ow)

While making notes, ask the officer for a tutorial on HOW TO OPERATE GWYN WHEN FIRING
The officer directs yo and Gwen through a series of exercises, both in girl form and in weapon form. She's not only a cannon, but a bladed weapon as well, so he directs you on how to hold her, brace yourself, fire, swing the weapon, and some basic maintenance, including whatever cold weather maintenance Lenglon can tell you about. On expressing your uncertainties regarding your skills with these weapon types, the officer smiles and pats your shoulder. "If it were just a gun and a scythe, I might have given her to someone else with the appropriate skills. But she is a living being as well - well, a construct, but what's the difference? If you like, feel free to see how she operates in someone else' hands. Just hang onto the control crystal yourself, unless you really need to pass control off to someone else, in which case, Vladen or Clunkers should be able to care for her in your stead. I recommend you and those two discuss the situation and work out a plan among yourselves." ((need any more instructions? I'll assume the basics are fully coverd, and yo uand Lenglon can talk it out ooc when necessary. I'll answer direct questions though))

Clunkers, who has been following in autopilot mode for a while now, suddenly wakes up, his eyeslits flaring up with light.

"Statement: Ah, this one had a rather pleasant snooze.

Query: Someone remind this one what we were supposed to accomplish here? What are our exact mission parameters?"

Head outside through the barn door and take in my surroundings. Also check the temperature, do I need antifreeze yet?
See Freddie's turn for immediate surroundings. You note that this area is rural, with little sign of large scale civilization nearby, yet these barns are well built and well maintained in a manner suitable for a larger population than, say, some local village. These barns look like they wold fit a much more urban trade center than a backwoods, self contained community.

You check your internal thermometer: a cool 53 Farenheit (11.7 C). There are no mountains tall enugh to have a frost line, and there is no snow or ice in evidence anywhere. There are ranch hands nearby, and a building reveals itself in the woods about two hundred yards off, a thin trail of smoke rising from a chimney, and a footpath leading into the woods in that direction. Looks like that wold be living quarters or an office or visitor welcome center.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 14, 2018, 11:29:59 am »

We're supposed to be driving the animals somewhere, right?  Go back in and see if I can understand the animals, and if it would be better for me to be leading them or driving them.  Also do some talking and see if they can understand me.  Establish myself at the top of the pecking order, via body language and mild pushes.

Experience some slight regret that the animals are a bit larger than I am.  Aren't I supposed to be that size by now?  Oh well, I should outgrow them by the time we finish the journey.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:33:14 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 14, 2018, 01:40:26 pm »

step outside after the dragon to see how cold exactly it is

((Will electricity harm Gwyn?))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 14, 2018, 02:40:09 pm »

Welp hook up one of the animals to the cart and ask how the weather is further up
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:57:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 14, 2018, 03:41:43 pm »

I thought that was the point of having a size class?
Quote from: Size Class
Size will affect the body and movement stats.

Tiny: cats, birds, pixies
Small: halflings, wolves, monkeys
Medium: humanoids
Large: horses, elephants, trolls, ogres
Giant: dragons, dinosaurs, some whales
Gargantuan: Blue whales, Dune Worms
Don't really know exactly. Something between 15 to 25 meters? A blue whale can reach over 30 meters and an elephant is something around 10 meters, so Bruford is something in bewteen. I would say 20 meters height.

Also, what size is required to use Gwyneira as a weapon? If I remember correctly, there are some weapons can be wielded by various sizes.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 14, 2018, 04:24:58 pm »

((Will electricity harm Gwyn?))
((debilitating but no lasting harm. causes errors, interrupts actions, forces unintended actions, etc, but doesn't in of itself cause actaul damage. of course, it can have side effects that DO cause lasting harm, but direct effects, not really. Gwyn's crystal is non-conductive.))

((If you're thinking of having Gwyn handle magic, she's currently unattuned but could be attuned to whatever.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 14, 2018, 05:05:26 pm »

((Gotta pick something.  Fire magic from the gun?  Metal magic?  Clockwork magic?

I'd probably pick animation, or well, necromancy, though, as it's a living creature created from a non-living object.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:23:55 pm by Devastator »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 14, 2018, 05:08:11 pm »

Tentatively peek outside, assess the insulation of my cold-weather gear.
Maybe help hook up one of these weird fluffy things to a sled, assuming they're fairly docile.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 14, 2018, 05:45:53 pm »

((Gotta pick something.  Fire magic from the gun?  Metal magic?  Clockwork magic?

I'd probably pick animation, or well, necromancy, though, as it's a living creature created from a non-living object.))
((That's not at all what I mean Dev. You're thinking magic affinity - which is already set as "magical weaponry - self". What I'm talking about is an actual property of Gwyn. Her crystal can be attuned to various magic types back at base, though right now it's not attuned to anything. if her wielder wants her to either be a useful focus for a given magic type or to perform magic of a given type herself, then they can have her crystal be attuned to that magic type by the Omega pplz back at base.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 14, 2018, 06:08:36 pm »

((So is that summoning, fabrication or transmutation?  or maybe Teleportation.  Or Enchantment, where you imbue stuff with magic.))

((I mean, what sort of spells would you get if you learned how to cast spells?  Ones that create items out of nothing?  ones that make mundane stuff magical?  etc.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:17:43 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 14, 2018, 06:22:47 pm »

((...
here's a quote from character design PMs Dev.))
Spoiler: saving space (click to show/hide)
((Haven't done anything else with it because it's not something I consider a priority. so details on what it means haven't been specified, and I don't care about it because I have no intent to use it right now. If it becomes a thing to worry about, I'll worry about it and figure out what it means then. ))
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85