Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 147209 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #825 on: May 22, 2019, 09:07:27 pm »

((Oh boy...I'm not sure I even like where this is headed))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:19 pm »

((It's fine.))

Yes eat some Yaktaur.  After seeing Bruford just tossing stuff in the ravine, fly up, and try to catch anything important-looking that goes over the edge.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:41:40 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 22, 2019, 09:33:32 pm »

((So, someone threatens me, I make a joke and suddenly people wants to murder me for no reason again? I've had this happen before and if this is going to devolve into just senseless teamkilling, then I don't anything to do with this.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 22, 2019, 11:27:29 pm »

((Mostly I just want to try and make the roll to get you across, one way or another, unless there's a plan at work.

I'll go change my orders to something else soon.. was torn between setting Vladen on fire or doing that, but he has to eat something or get nailed.  I think he's stuffed because the yaktaur isn't an enemy, and needs to go find the thing his hunger-sense is directing him to.))

((..Lastly, your core might be a lot more portable than your iron body.  Turning you into, say, a snow or ice golem might be the best way to get you across.  I don't think it'll be necessary, we're nearly there.))

-Changed orders.-
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:45:23 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 23, 2019, 08:12:00 am »

((That and I wasn’t even going to murder you anyway, in fact I don’t even think I can so you don’t have anything to worry about. You are making me a little paranoid of you though))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 23, 2019, 10:55:53 am »

((Sorry, I was a bit angry and sleep-deprived in that post. It's just that Kongor had already kind of indirectly caused the death of my two other characters and I don't want Bruford to also die. Terrain like this ravine is probably one of the few things that Bruford is weak to, and would probably result in multiple death rolls because of his negative mobility.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 23, 2019, 11:01:00 am »

"Positive statement: Gentlebeings, we seem to be carrying enough supplies to build a bridge and still have enough left over to make the structures at our final destination. This one also has a set of plans for said bridge in its databanks. It seems to designed specifically for icy terrain. Shall we perhaps attempt and build that?"

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 23, 2019, 10:19:11 pm »

"Eh...I suppose it's our best option so far...even better than using Bru--uh I mean the ropes."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 23, 2019, 11:50:00 pm »

"You guys go build the bridge...I'm going to go eat."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 24, 2019, 11:18:20 am »

(Action edited)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 28, 2019, 09:53:31 pm »

Help the robot with the bridge building
You two set out the materials and drill holes in the ice down to the rock below for anchor posts. Freddy transports you each across the ravine to to the same on the other side before setting in the uprights and cementing them in place with magic spells that are etched onto their pointy ends. Once the uprights are in place , the rest of the bridge comes together surprisingly easily, forming a stonewood arch across the chasm wide enough for a yaktaur cart going one way while foot traffic passes the other. various magic runes and spells made the process much simpler than expected, causing the parts to self adhere and lock into place. Looks sturdy.

Ponder about the consequences that intentionally crushing the monkey under my weight or dropping him down the ravine might have. Continue grabbing heavy things and throwing them down the ravine.
You guys are here for a couple days while Clunkers and Kongor build a bridge and Bruford throws things into the chasm. You eye the gorilla every now and then, picturing scraping blood and brain matter off your foot. You imagine the other characters might find killing Kongor to be a bad thing and they might get mad and yell at you. But he'd make a satisfying squeak when you stomped him, for sure. The big meanie. Anyway, you make a pile in the ravine large enough to climb down and back out with some care. there's still a risk of you slippng and falling into the ravine. You could stay behind a couple more days and fill the ravine then crawl across your own little makeshift bridge without a roll, or you can risk crossing as is with a roll for falling. The other bridge is not strong enough to support your weight, so I don't recommend trying that.

Eat the injured yakataur
((It's fine.))

Yes eat some Yaktaur.  After seeing Bruford just tossing stuff in the ravine, fly up, and try to catch anything important-looking that goes over the edge.
alright, you guys eat the yaktaur and keep Bruford from throwing any more valuable stuff in the hole. Lemme roll for spaz ghoul hunger to see ifhte yaktaur maintains it - it wasn't an enemy, after all. (3) you go up to 85/100 hunger. Bruford's pile is enough that you can get into the ravine by climbing. Your long legged body is pretty well suited for this kind of terrain as well, so now's probably your best bet for getting in there and fulfilling your gaes.

While building the bridge, Kongor and Clunkers also locate the build site for the shrine, about a mile further up the ridge, in an alcove formed by several rock outcroppings, overlooking the eastern valley. The mountains descend to the east, giving this spot a view of what seems like hundreds of miles. You think you see a speck of greenery far off in the distance, but it's hard to say for sure.As you look out over the expanse, a small, brilliantly bright star rises over the horizon to the east-southeast. It is instantly painful to look at, and the snow and ice around you brightens to painful levels as well. the wind, ever present in these high places, seems to strengthen, blowing more consistently and from the east. Looks like the weather is gonna be an issue next round, though the sky is clear so snow is probably not going to be an issue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 29, 2019, 10:31:16 am »

Climb down the ravine and search through for what ever looks important, and bruford's anchor
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 29, 2019, 12:59:41 pm »

Carefully go down the ravine, and step to the pile of things. Then, slowly climb the other side and get to the other side of the ravine.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 29, 2019, 03:31:07 pm »

While waiting for people to cross, dig around in the snow in search of plant material

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 01, 2019, 09:42:00 pm »

Cross.  Stick head windward to ride it like a dog in a car.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 85