Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148158 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #1005 on: August 16, 2019, 05:07:11 pm »

Use clockwork magic to lock down all the joints of the monstrasity, hopefully keeping it still to aid my companions in attacking it. Use my reusable clockwork totem if I feel I need a boost for this.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 16, 2019, 08:40:38 pm »

"Wait to attack it till after it strikes at me! If we time this right I can stop it."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 24, 2019, 11:46:50 pm »

Keep my back to the blast doors around the heart, hopefully I'm not stuck in one.  Blow away the mist with my wings, and get ready for an attack should the nasty creature charge it.

Since Vlad looks damaged, don't attack him, unless the creature is gone and Vlad seems to be doing something obviously hostile.  Or attacks me.

If the heart is protected and the entity is fleeing, breathe fire behind its escape route, and look and listen for other activity.  Get ready to pursue.

You flap your wings at the mist, but, again, more just billows in. The Heart is going into some sort of lockdown mode behind you, but you are not shut in. hmm ... (6) you notice that parts of the mist are congealing into shapes, like large insect limbs, claws, even human arms. They are reaching out from some central mass inside the mist, which itself seems amorhpous and not fully solid. the limbs you see are probing toward the heart, prying at lockdown points or at pipes and whatnot. THe main mass of the enemy IS rising away fro the Heart, though. (5) you breathe a blast of intense heat upward at the mass. It pretty much instantly solidifies int oa treelike structure roughly fifty feet tall with a base about five feet wide, starting about twenty feet in front of you. It spreads out, latching onto various points, disrupting the amorphous limbs and forming a black, leafy canopy over this section of the heart. the mist seems to draw up into it.

"My head....ugh...SOMEONE GET ME UP TO IT! I NEED TO FEAST AND CONSUME IT! AT LEAST GIVE ME A DAMN TENTACLE!"
Use the arctic howl again and the moment the entity attacks attempt to absorb it using the absorbtion rune and the pact ability to guide Clunker's action to hold it in place to Vlad and Kongor's shop to the entity. till then feast on the goo and any tentacles given as well as any energy from Omega and the heart of lorkham.
I don't see anyone tossing bits to you, so you're on your own for this: (1) you inhale ot scream, but choke on the thickening atmosphere. Well, let's see if any of the congealing limbs are nearby: (3) some are, but not within reach. Alright, constitution roll to not decay, will roll to retain your mind: (3), (5). You remain in your more or less right mental state, but your body is now showing the effects of being cut of from the Will of Omega, and is dying. You slough off an outer layer of skin and flesh, shriveling as you rot. You've lost the long-leggedness of the arctic beasts, and the howl as well. The good news is this loosens you from the grip of the goo, and you slide out of the mass entirely, flopping weakly to the hard metal floor below.
"Not dead yet" you mutter. "Not dead yet."

fly up to where the monster is, get in a position where I can throw some magic acorns into one of the tentacle wounds, throw one of them into a wound, if it does damage, throw another one in it too
(5)(2) Your first acorn explodes inside a tentacle, forming a thick, brilliantly red thornbush, which then disappears into the mist below, trailing a yellow vapor which does not seem to fade or move with the mist. Your second acorn simply vanishes from your sight after being thrown.

GM plz verify the following assumption: Gwyn did get to restock on ammo earlier, as part of post-mission followup.
"hehehe, yep! Two HEDP, one HEI"
I shift into weapon form and ready HEDP.
"Ready when you are!"
Verified. Between missions you all had plenty of time to restock and recharge and whatnot. You shift and ready an HEDP round.
GM plz verify the following assumption: Gwyn did get to restock on ammo earlier, as part of post-mission followup.
"hehehe, yep! Two HEDP, one HEI"
I shift into weapon form and ready HEDP.
"Ready when you are!"

Aim to hit directly in the center of the freakish monster and fire the ready round
(3) (6) You fire. Th shockwave of the round is clearly visible in the mist, leaving a tunnel like hole as it flies, Gwen bucking in your hand as the force of the shot pushes her back and up. You get a brief, bullet-time glimpse of this before reality reasserts itself and time moves forward normally again. Your shot flies high, so you don't hit center of mass like you were hoping.  You DO hit something inside the mass however - it would be rather hard to miss entirely. A hole appears toward the top of the mass, where it is connected to one of the large feeder pipes descending from the ceiling. The feeder pipe itself is also shattered, and the entity falls, surprisingly quickly, It lands with a thunderous cacophony of screeches and clangs and rattling. The feeder pipe dumps water seemingly endlessly , spraying out of the hole and cascading down into the chamber, sending up a fine wet mist of it's own as well. You catch a glimpse of Freddie's fireplant tree below. it looks like several of the limbs of the entity were sheared off when part of it fell onto that tree. more importantly, it looks as if a chuck of the creature's hide was torn asunder on the tree as well. The tree fared poorly too, with most of it's canopy simply gone, and limbs below shattered . The main trunk is still there, but split halfway down.

Three lightning bolts arc down after the monster,one after the other, all of them channeling down the waterfall into the mist below. What effect they have, you don't know, but it looks like they came from another Omega hanging off a tangle of stone and steel a couple hundred feet away.

Use clockwork magic to lock down all the joints of the monstrasity, hopefully keeping it still to aid my companions in attacking it. Use my reusable clockwork totem if I feel I need a boost for this.
You'll definitly need your totem for this, and you are sure you aren't going to be able to hold ALL the limbs. (4) you also believe that the limbs are not this thing's weak point either, but you have yet to deduce what that weak point might be. Might be somewhere in tat central mass, or maybe it's something more ethereal. Damned ethereals.

(6) you pull out your clockwork totem, arrange all it's limbs out straight, and cast. a dozen or more limbs, some fully formed, some still in their half-mist form, all stop abruptly. The entity writhes, tearing free of a couple of the limbs, but not entirely able to free itself from the effects of the immobilization. You can tell that the entity is expending effort to counteract your efforts. Basically, you are keepingthe mist parts mist and the solid parts solid, and telling the thing that 'bodies don't work that way, dammit." And it is trying to tell you "fuck off, it's my body, I'll do what I want with it." Now, if everyone else wold hurry up and kill the damned thing.

[hidden][hidden][hidden]
Any of you remember that thing that got summoned the last time you fought in the heart chamber? One of you guys had those summon stones and called something for aid. Well, that thing hurtles past Kongor and Gwen and dives into the mass below. A huge flipper, like a whale's tail, rises up to swat it away, but it simply slices through the tail and drops below. You don't see what happens next, but you get a nauseous feeling deep in your gut. On the other side of the Heart, around the curve and out of sight, something goes dark. You can't see what it is, but the room off in that direction visibly dims, leaving an entire section in shadow.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 25, 2019, 12:00:46 am »

Hurry towards the nearest limb or form of nonomega sustenence and start to consume it and absorb it with the rune
"So...close. Just need a bit of food."
((Hey we are almost at page 69))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:39:55 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 25, 2019, 10:10:22 am »

Try to head towards the center of the entity and throw more acorns at it, using my sickles to slice some limbs as I go past
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:31:15 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 26, 2019, 02:28:47 pm »

This is good, try and keep this up and slow it down/keep it in place as much as I can to help out my companions.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 26, 2019, 11:52:26 pm »

If that tunnel stays long enough, run through it towards the monster to deliver a hefty electro punch with one fist and maybe a deep slash with Gwyn to follow it up. If the mist closes in too soon though, stay out of the mist and prepare another round in case that thing makes a second climbing attempt.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 27, 2019, 11:09:18 pm »

Go land on the tree thing and try to attack it physically, smashing it with my tail, and severing the tree limb things with my bite.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 28, 2019, 08:13:45 am »

HEDP cycles into my chamber once more and i'm filled with glee at the sensation of getting to fire at an appropriate target.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 06, 2019, 08:18:46 am »

Hurry towards the nearest limb or form of nonomega sustenence and start to consume it and absorb it with the rune
"So...close. Just need a bit of food."
((Hey we are almost at page 69))
(1) (6) You fail to find any tentacles within reach and stumble forward gasping for breath as your body breaks apart completely. Your eyes rot out of your head, your limbs grow loose and powerless, and your skin splits, spilling it's contents into the mist. You take one final lungful of rotten, mist-thick air and trigger your absorption rune on the mist itself. You feel strange sensations as you can feel movement within the mist and are able to move about within it. You can sense living beings , sharp heat, and, of course, several enormous, ominous beings around you. Your hunger remains at 100% and you still need to feed, lest your will dissipate in the wind.

Try to head towards the center of the entity and throw more acorns at it, using my sickles to slice some limbs as I go past
Any suggestions on what kind of effect you are after with those acorns, or are you just hoping for a random good luck shot?

This is good, try and keep this up and slow it down/keep it in place as much as I can to help out my companions.
(4) Limbs tear off and others form, but you respond by linking the new limbs as they form. The creature creates new limbs faster tan you ca nlink them, but other forces at work seem to keep pushing it back as well. (2) apparently, the enemy's attention shifts your way, at least in part, as three large patches of mist surrounding you struggle to take shape. You can't see what shape yet, but you have the vague impression of claws and pincers. You get the strong sensation that they are targeting you.

If that tunnel stays long enough, run through it towards the monster to deliver a hefty electro punch with one fist and maybe a deep slash with Gwyn to follow it up. If the mist closes in too soon though, stay out of the mist and prepare another round in case that thing makes a second climbing attempt.
No, see, that tunnel isn't SOLID. You couldn't walk on it. It was like, a gap in a cloud. Like the shockwave from the shot pushed the mist away in a cone shape.So no running on air for you. And, this round so far the creature is not ascending, but it is moving away from you around to the opposite side of the Heart, so you guys might want to find a way around to get a better vantage point on it, or hope that someone drives it back your way.

HEDP cycles into my chamber once more and i'm filled with glee at the sensation of getting to fire at an appropriate target.

loaded and waiting. Right now the enemy is more or less around a side of the Heart from you, so you don't have the greatest shot at it.

Go land on the tree thing and try to attack it physically, smashing it with my tail, and severing the tree limb things with my bite.
You fly up and land on teh jagged tip of the shattered trunk of the tree, black mist and green lightning swirling below as light flashes and thunder rolls. It's totally Metal and Epic. Are you trying to destroy the tree thing that was created by your fire breath? A lot of the limbs of that are already severed due to the enemy falling back onto it. speaking of which, the enemy looms up out of the mist at you, adding a Lovecraftian tinge to the Metal scene as you scream at the madness before you. (3) you catch a glimpse of something grey and pulsating at the segmented edge of one enormous shoulder.

[HIDDEN][HIDDEN][HIDDEN]

among the sounds of the battle, the sound of falling water has been one of the loudest since Kongor and Gwen shot at the enemy and shattered the tube. That water has fallen in a mighty waterfall for a while. Well, suddenly, a great wave of water rises up,, towering as high as the enemy, and slams bodily into it, mist and sea spray scattering in a sparkling aura. Freddy's perch tilts and falls, swept away by the torrent, sending Freddy tumbling in the surf. Vladen's consciousness is battered and buffeted by the sudden interference, the mist he is made of being sprayed, splattered, and subsumed by the water. The enemy howls, and the smell of corrosion fills the air as acid begins to eat into various metallic structures. All is a torrent and jumble. (5) luckily for Clunkers, he stands above and beyond the scope of the water's reach, and the mistforms that were targeting him shatter, though they do not dissipate.

The landscape is now a watery waste, steam billowing up, fog thickening on the surface, and the sounds of battle turned to the sounds of liquid chaos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 06, 2019, 08:22:58 am »

I’m hoping that they somehow stop the creature from growing new parts

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 06, 2019, 10:22:23 am »

((Oh crud. I wonder just how much pain I could cause if I use my lightning gauntlet now))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 06, 2019, 10:21:18 pm »

Start trying to draw the mist together and lash out at the ominous beings and consume them and anything that my allies are attacking.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 10, 2019, 08:10:15 pm »

I'm not taking any guff from any water.  Swim, move, and fly back to the enemy and go for the, presumably, weak spot I just spotted.  Try to bite it.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 10, 2019, 08:39:49 pm »

Not even sure what to do here. I guess just circle around the area and see if I can even see the monster and if I can, try to locate any weak points.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:22:03 pm by SuperDino85 »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85