Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 147156 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #1020 on: September 16, 2019, 08:44:58 pm »

I’m hoping that they somehow stop the creature from growing new parts
okay, but ... how?

Start trying to draw the mist together and lash out at the ominous beings and consume them and anything that my allies are attacking.
(3) you begin an endless cycle of consuming hte mist and seeking out more mist, hunger ever unabated.

I'm not taking any guff from any water.  Swim, move, and fly back to the enemy and go for the, presumably, weak spot I just spotted.  Try to bite it.
(5) (5) you swim quite naturally, as if born to the water as much as to the air. Yu swim into the murk, and latch on to one of the grey pulsating things. It's about twice your size and a slimy fleshy kind of texture. you begin ripping and tearing into it, spilling thick black ooze into the water. The mass crumples as you tear it apart.

Not even sure what to do here. I guess just circle around the area and see if I can even see the monster and if I can, try to locate any weak points.
(1) You start making your way across the catwalks and tunnels. about a third of the way down one reddish tunnel, as you round a bend, the floor suddenly gives way and you and gwen tumble out into the open air: (5) luckily, you land face first onto the back of what looks like a giant, spineless puffer fish. The puffer seems unperterbed at the sudden disturbance - nor at the general cacaphony that's been happening of late.

[hidden][hidden][hidden]
The surface of the water below goes relatively still. A shapr crack splits the air and a massive section of the ceiling tumbles inward, carrying machinery and beings with it, crushing machinery below before splashing into the water. The Heart's rhythm, until now an even, if quickened, beat, is now erratic.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 16, 2019, 08:52:31 pm »

(lightbulb) Try to coax the fish into heading in the direction of the monster so I can tear off bits of it for Vlad to eat

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 16, 2019, 11:42:56 pm »

Uh oh.

Follow my orders and return to the heart.  Lay out some hurts on any hostiles that become apparent.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 17, 2019, 01:40:18 am »

A disease of some sort

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 17, 2019, 03:05:14 pm »

An erratic beat you say? How disorganized. Gently try and see if I can locate the problem with clockwork magic. If the power of the heart is too much, stop immediately. If it isn't, analyze the problem and see if I can't nudge it into becoming more stable.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 17, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »

(lightbulb) Try to coax the fish into heading in the direction of the monster so I can tear off bits of it for Vlad to eat
Consume the fishies, see if I can speak and move my consciousness through the mist towards the crack and start consuming the monster and gas released by it.

If I end up near machinery and the heart start trying to break down nonvital and broken machinery and using that to repair the more vital and damaged machinery to aid Clunkers.

((Also page 69, noice))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:37:36 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 20, 2019, 08:12:50 am »

Switching to human form, I clamber over to my wielder and hold on to him, ready to switch back to weapon form if he grabs me, but otherwise just making sure we stick together.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 26, 2019, 12:07:08 am »

(1) You kick the fish in the sides, cowboy style, and the fish rears nto it's dorsal fins, like some sort of dyslexic aerial horsefish. Now, dorsal fins are on top, so what I'm saying here is the fish flips over and dumps you into the new lake.

Switching to human form, I clamber over to my wielder and hold on to him, ready to switch back to weapon form if he grabs me, but otherwise just making sure we stick together.
(6) Good timing. Gwen grabs onto Kongor and rides him down, like that guy riding the atomic bomb in that one movie. You both splash down into the lake below. I don't believe either of your characters can swim. Gorillas aren't known for it, nor are weapons particulrly bouyant unles specifically designed to be so.

Consume the fishies, see if I can speak and move my consciousness through the mist towards the crack and start consuming the monster and gas released by it.

If I end up near machinery and the heart start trying to break down nonvital and broken machinery and using that to repair the more vital and damaged machinery to aid Clunkers.

((Also page 69, noice))
No fish for you~ besides, it wouldn't satiate your hunger anyway. (6) you find that you can communicate by vibrating the mist or forming it into symbols or such. You start to siphon off mist and repair machinery. This alleviates your hunger, but only as long as you are actively doing so.

A disease of some sort
Alright, you take some of your corns, will them to produce plant based poisons, and (4) fly more or less over the center of the beast and drop the acorns into the water. They drop with a series of small plips and then float on the turbulent surface of the water for a moment. (4) Then they begin sprouting, growing thin stalks upward as a more bushlike series of roots dig into the water to suck up nutrients. The water around the new plants begins to clear as the plants sprout leaves which are lined with hard, black, spiked edges. This seems to be a pretty effective method, but currently the scale of it is pretty small. gonna need to multiply this pretty significantly for a complete cleansing.

Uh oh.

Follow my orders and return to the heart.  Lay out some hurts on any hostiles that become apparent.
You dive into the water and swim down (6) you locate a fissure. The fissure is being assaulted by a tendril of the beast, complete with one of those sensitive center bits like the one you attacked before. You attack and begin tearing this one to shreds as well, drawing it away from the crack into the Heart.

An erratic beat you say? How disorganized. Gently try and see if I can locate the problem with clockwork magic. If the power of the heart is too much, stop immediately. If it isn't, analyze the problem and see if I can't nudge it into becoming more stable.
(6) It's a tall order, but somehow you manage to sync up with the Heart. You can see everything in the Heart Chamber quite clearly. Conversely, for the first time, you feel something organic: an emotion. A fear, a heart-racing panic. You struggle to calm yourself and it, and it works a little. You see that the battle is winding down as the full force of Omega bears down on this one escapee. You see that the water has more or less effectively contained the creature and that the damage to the Heart is still manageable. You sense Vlad's attempts to fight the monster, repair the Heart, and try to survive all at once, you sense the harried and somewhat uncoordinated actions of the various Omegas, and the deeper, more placid sense of Omega Base, working at a deeper rhythm beneath the conflict. The scale of it is hard to grasp - Omega may not be a Universe in itself, but it's still pretty big. Maybe like an Ocean or a Moon or something.

Anyway, you have access to some measure of the Heart's energy and can feed it into the ations of your fellow Omegas, or could direct it to self repair or something else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 26, 2019, 12:25:19 am »

try to cast a spell that will allow my plants to grow faster. Also throw more acorns into the water willing these plants as well

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 26, 2019, 02:00:25 am »

Kill that vulnerable bit.  Eat it if it's tasty, just tear it to shreds if not.  Then continue looking for more.

If I run out of targets, see if I can find some tasty heart juice to drink.  It fixed me up good last time.  Don't attack anything to get it, just look for it leaking.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:01:45 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 26, 2019, 08:05:33 am »

flip this fish back over again so I can at least breathe AIR

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 26, 2019, 11:18:54 am »

Continue to try and fix machinery, see if it is possible to help slow the flooding of water.
"Can I ask for a hand here? Maybe clunkers or Ticker, what ever the name is can help. This seems his sort of thing."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 26, 2019, 12:32:23 pm »

hold on and hold my breath. If I can't hold my breath anymore ill be reverting to weapon form to wait for rescue, but hopefully i can simply hold on long enough.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 29, 2019, 06:22:41 am »

"Labourious reply: This one rather has its hands full at the moment. Once it is done, it will be able to assist you."

Feed the heart's energy back into itself for the purposes of self repair. While I'm handling those energies, see if I can't create a kind of conduit between me and the heart to see if I can communicate with it at all.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 09, 2019, 08:42:38 am »

try to cast a spell that will allow my plants to grow faster. Also throw more acorns into the water willing these plants as well
(1) You reach into your pouch, accidentally spilling all your acorns into the water in one fell swoop. They all sink.

Kill that vulnerable bit.  Eat it if it's tasty, just tear it to shreds if not.  Then continue looking for more.

If I run out of targets, see if I can find some tasty heart juice to drink.  It fixed me up good last time.  Don't attack anything to get it, just look for it leaking.

(5)v(6) You dive into the vulnerable bit, but it swivels around suddenly as you approach and yo ucollide with a shelled section, sliding off into a bit of a current that carries you out of reach of the squishy part before you lose sight of it. (3) you find a leak, spilling a greenish substance into the water. You taste the greenish stuff, but it's gross. You spit it back out immediately.

flip this fish back over again so I can at least breathe AIR
Well, you are off the fish, but let's see if you can get unsubmerged. (2) nope. (3) well, at least you are holding your breath okay.

Continue to try and fix machinery, see if it is possible to help slow the flooding of water.
"Can I ask for a hand here? Maybe clunkers or Ticker, what ever the name is can help. This seems his sort of thing."
(6) You patch the giant gaping hole that was causing the waterfall. SO, no more flooding. You are energized by this repair.

hold on and hold my breath. If I can't hold my breath anymore ill be reverting to weapon form to wait for rescue, but hopefully i can simply hold on long enough.
(5) you hold your breath and Kongor's fur. You also instinctively grasp something with your other hand when you brush against it. You look: a ladder rung! How convenient, assuming the ladder goes all the way up to air.

"Labourious reply: This one rather has its hands full at the moment. Once it is done, it will be able to assist you."

Feed the heart's energy back into itself for the purposes of self repair. While I'm handling those energies, see if I can't create a kind of conduit between me and the heart to see if I can communicate with it at all.
(2) (5) Youfail to get a good control over the heartbeat, but you do establish a communication link of sorts. The Heart isn't sapient, but it is sentient: a feeling, unthinking thing. It's more instinct than logic, and right now it's instinct is kinda haywire. You sift through your memopry banks and find several "practical methods for calming one's nerves during bouts of anxiety" or "how to regain calm when the world is falling apart" and other similar sources that discuss ways to calm one's nerves and steady one's rhythms. many of these require breathing exercises, since they arre generally directed toward, you know, creatures with lungs. Maybe the heart has something similar?

(5) A bright flash illuminates the entire Heart chamber, blindingly bright, leaving afterimages of complex Omega patterns. AS the images fade int the background without ever fully disappearing, the room calms a bit. It seems the battle with the escapee has come to a close, and the creature is contained once more. Yay! No one died. Well no one you guys know. Like, dozens of Omegas died, just not you.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 85