Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: What is "The Big Wait"?  (Read 16472 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is "The Big Wait"?
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2018, 12:41:43 am »

I did a while ago and he never responded.
Did you use lime green text?
Well...you kind of said,
P.S. May I please have a copy of the myth generator showed off at GDC a few years ago for purposes of day dreaming of future releases?
(in lime green)

To which the answer was presumably no (probably taken as an amusing comment rather than a question you needed an answer to). That's not quite the same thing as releasing a stand alone mythgenerator.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:43:57 am by Shonai_Dweller »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2018, 01:20:32 am »

Welp, you're out of luck. Toady rarely changes his mind.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2018, 03:41:06 am »

Welp, you're out of luck. Toady rarely changes his mind.
Seems more like a 'no comment' than a no.
He did actually mention something once that I misinterpreted as meaning he was going to release a stand-alone mythgen for us to play with.

I forget when. Or what the comment was. Or why I realized I'd probably misinterpreted the comment. Oh damn this failing memory of mine...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2018, 04:02:44 am »

Then you could maybe try asking again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2018, 04:26:07 pm »

Would you consider releasing a version of your standalone myth generator prototype, like you showed off at GDC? I imagine that people would appreciate something to check out during the Big Wait.

aw hell, that's the wrong thread :facepalm:
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2018, 08:31:16 am »

Would you consider releasing a version of your standalone myth generator prototype, like you showed off at GDC? I imagine that people would appreciate something to check out during the Big Wait.

Toady One does not *appear* to notice any forum thread aside from the Future of the Fortress one.  That is why there is an actual game, rather than simply a lot of people arguing about a future imaginery one, not that the latter is not in evidence.   ;D

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2018, 08:36:46 am »

Toady One does not *appear* to notice any forum thread aside from the Future of the Fortress one.  That is why there is an actual game, rather than simply a lot of people arguing about a future imaginery one, not that the latter is not in evidence.   ;D
He posted in the wrong thread. He wrote it under the post.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2018, 01:03:23 pm »

And that statement is wrong as well. He says the reads all suggestion threads, for instance, and the thread for the latest release is definitely active as well. He mostly refrains from posting in the non essential threads, though.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2018, 08:57:10 am »

And that statement is wrong as well. He says the reads all suggestion threads, for instance, and the thread for the latest release is definitely active as well. He mostly refrains from posting in the non essential threads, though.

How is it wrong when I specifically said appear?  Then put stars around it in order to emphasize that word as much as possible.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2018, 06:44:21 am »

I gotta say, I feel like you were pretty clear, GC.  It's only wrong if there's tonnes of evidence that he notices other forums posts, and you just didn't do your homework, but I'm not going to do mine and check, so....
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2018, 10:47:22 am »

One more for good measure:
Remember endless parties?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2018, 10:57:48 am »

Oh, Damn my first "Big Wait" Well It may be time to get a nice girl to settle with while I wait.
edit:
nvm I realized I started back at 43.05
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:59:21 am by peli082 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2018, 02:06:39 pm »

0.44.01 wasn't really a big wait lol

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2018, 02:06:22 am »

Lol, then this is my first one then   :P

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2018, 02:06:01 am »

Yay maybe during this time mods will really prosper since they won't have to update versions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7