Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385777 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1215 on: October 15, 2018, 02:42:44 pm »

"A good plan, Alex.  Does anyone possess fire?  I do not, but am most suited for the task.  Everyone, please move with Drett, towards Ashul.  I cannot protect two groups simultaneously."

First, set down the murakumo on the ground.  This creature sounds fragile, and if it's moving that fast, a solid punch at the right moment should do a number on it.  Plus, the 'kumo's fragile and slow.

Second, request some tool to create fire, and if one is provided, set the tree afire--either by running to the tree and burning the wood, or igniting the leaves if they're within reach or lifting in one of the reverse cycles.  Strike at or disarm the guardian if an opportunity is provided, but the priority is burning the tree.

If no fire-producing tools are provided... Protect the group of allies that possesses the most ranged combatants.  Try to intercept the guardian if it attacks that group, and again, either punch or disarm it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 15, 2018, 02:54:30 pm »

Take my lighter! It should be useful at least with the explosives to damage the tree.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1217 on: October 15, 2018, 06:22:02 pm »

Kara paused for a second when she finally spotted Adam. She took a deep breath as she mentally rehearsed the main points of her deception one last time. Feeling confident, she strode up to him and merrily clicked her beak to announce her presence.
"Hi Adam! I come bearing good news!"
She got closer than she was comfortable being, looking up to the man, but maintained her cheerful facade.
"First of all, I spoke to a church official and they said those papers I got can get us a meeting with Deep Walker Leon any time we want! We just have to make our way to the Cathedral of the Pilgrim and ask for him. We should do so when we have some time, I bet he will have some jobs we could do and perhaps some answers as well."

"Second, I spoke to the Ethral about that ant nest we found. Unfortunately they weren't willing to offer much. But they did say they've found several veins of the nest, they don't know where the core is and could offer payment for finding it. It probably won't be an easy job, so I don't suggest we do it unless we have to. But, if we ever need the Ethral to answer something important, it would be an alternative to paying them. With a bit of planning and careful experimentation it should be possible to come up with a strategy. I heard Auft was looking for giant bugs, maybe she could cut one open and use its pheromones to hide us

"And third..."
She leaned in closer and lowered her voice to a whisper.
"While they weren't willing to offer much in return, they did tell me about that thing you found, that beaker artifact of the Gemstone People. They say the Gemstone People called it "Tiny Eater of All". As the name suggests, it's an extremely powerful and dangerous weapon, some sort of toxin or disease they believe. They said we should be very very careful with it."
She leaned back a bit so she could look him in the eyes, but she kept her voice down as much as she could.
"I trust that, knowing that, you will do your best to ensure it is stored safely. We can't be too careful with something so dangerous. I'd recommend selling it to someone more capable of keeping it safe or leaving it at the warehouse, except that something like that might be useful in a desperate moment, like if we faced something like that giant ant again. Perhaps we could ask for more information when we have something more to offer, maybe some more information about what it does or how to safely store and deploy it."

She sighed and looked down, trying to look sullen. She kept speaking, returning the volume of her voice to normal.
"Ah, I just wish they were willing to tell me more about how sacrifices work. Maybe when we have something more valuable to offer."
It didn't take much effort, since she actually did feel that way. She was really hoping she could get some info out of the Ethral. But she'd take a job offer and a good opportunity to lie as a consolation prize.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 15, 2018, 06:35:16 pm »

"Oh dear, oh dear. I have TNT, but I'm not sure how to use it on such a fast moving target. I'll try and help Trett stabilize Abdul for now!"

Should Nyw fail in setting the tree on fire, light one of my TNT charges and throw it at the tree. Only do this if nobody of my team is left within the blast radius of the tree, obviously.
Help Drett stabilize Ashul and stop the bleeding. Apply pressure to the wound(s) where needed.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:37:21 pm by Pancaek »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1219 on: October 15, 2018, 06:47:46 pm »

"Use the TNT to help Nyw burn down the tree. Until we get rid of that tree, the thing is just going to repeatedly ambush us and then hide inside the tree."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 15, 2018, 06:50:10 pm »

"Isn't Nyw going to burn the tree down? I'm not sure if its a great idea for me to go set a demo charge underneath the tree that thing is currently hiding in."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1221 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:42 pm »

"Yes, but if he doesn't manage to set it on fire, be prepared to throw your TNT at the tree."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 15, 2018, 06:58:12 pm »

"T-throw a demo charge? That seems like something that could go very wrong."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1223 on: October 15, 2018, 07:05:03 pm »

"Not if you're paying attention, the fuse is long enough to avoid any serious accidents, just don't mess up your throw and if you do, extinguish the fuse."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 15, 2018, 07:12:45 pm »

"Allright, I'll try."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1225 on: October 15, 2018, 08:07:20 pm »

Uhhhh...

I don't have any Fathoms. Does that mean I have to stay at the bore and ignore what happened in the turn?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:16 pm »

"Is it wise to destroy such an integral and... heavy part of the vision?" Auft asked nervously.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1227 on: October 16, 2018, 12:21:02 am »

Uhhhh...

I don't have any Fathoms. Does that mean I have to stay at the bore and ignore what happened in the turn?

Take one from the team fund or ask radio for one. He's holding on to a chunk of them.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 16, 2018, 12:23:37 am »

You can have one of mi-

Uhhhh...

Take one from the team fund or ask radio for one. He's holding on to a chunk of them.
Death to ninjas!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 16, 2018, 08:07:17 am »

Alright, guess it’s time to be useful. First, search the room the Pilgrims were in to see if they left anything.
After that, I’ll go see if I can’t scavenge some empty glass bottles from the city. If I can’t scavenge, I’ll go see how much I can get a case of empty bottles for (around 12 I’d assume. If I can get those for less than 10 fathoms, buy them. Otherwise get as many as 10 fathoms will get me.) Scavenge or Buy a cheap bolt of cloth or a bunch of rags. (I know you know where I’m going with this)
Once that’s done, see if I can get a price on a turret mounted flamethrower than could use Bore fuel as ammo.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 231