Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386075 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1260 on: October 23, 2018, 11:36:47 am »

Kalagony wanders into the control room.

"So... Why did we stop this time? Is it ants again? I can't smell any ants this time..."

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1261 on: October 23, 2018, 12:09:32 pm »

Unjam the round while I have the chance. If I can get it done before the next attack cycle, shoot if I have an opening.

Character Sheet

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1262 on: October 25, 2018, 12:39:47 pm »

We're still cuddling?

Take good care of Harm, cuddle them good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reciprocate
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Calculate the mean free time of an Ethral sized participant in a cuddle puddle of x size with average s size cuddlers!
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Cuddling continues.

Kara used the intercom to address the bore.
: Uh, heads up everyone! We have a... Thing. Like a floating symbol. :

Look at the thing with the scope. Can I make out any more details? Is it a symbol I can understand? Can I see if it looks anchored to or generated by something? Is it very large or has tendrils extending from it? Does it look 2d or 3d? Could we pass around it? Generally try to gain more info.

If nothing happens, make my way to an airlock and set up my rifle. Never know when you got to shoot something.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[3] The symbol is familiar to you but you can't tell from where....you think maybe Moles have things like that tattooed on them sometimes?

The sigil appears two dimensional, but regardless of where you are, one side of the cockpit or the other, it seems to be directly facing you. So not a normal two dimensional thing. It doesn't appear to be anchored to anything or in any means connected to the world around it. Judging by its size compared to the tunnel you'd put it at about 25 feet tall and 15 wide. Its floating in the dead center of the path; no way for the bore to sidle around it as is.

Yeah, that route was the plan, seems like the most straightforward one.

Do I know anything about that sigil? If not, flip through my black book and artifact book to see if I find anything resembling that in there.

"Hey Vikkan, if that thing doesn't move out of the way, do you think you could back up a bit and drill our way around it through the rock?"

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[4] You look at the thing for a moment and you're  about to open your black book when you realize what it is. You drop the book in shock and immediately grab Kara by the shoulder as she starts to leave the cockpit.

"Thats a word of GOD!" You shout, pointing at the thing, "A remnant of creation itself, echo of the words which made the universe."  You press your hands up against the cockpit window. "That is power beyond mortal ken. The sort of thing that makes a Saint.  But they're never seen outside the depths of divine tombs...why is it here?"

"What if it has some effect on the area around it? Can anyone identify it?"

Keep a distance from the symbol in case it moves.

You back the bore up a bit.

Alex sighed, annoyed that the guardian had once again retreated back into the tree.

"The Plan stays the same, we keep the tree burnt down and deal with the guardian, hopefully before time can go backwards again.
Nyw, burn down the tree once time starts moving forwards again! We got your back."

Shoot the guardian should it reveal itself.
Also what are the stats for the moon blade?

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
(Cut 4, and ???)

"Roger roger"

Shoulder my rifle and be ready to shoot the guardian once it shows itself again.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Unjam the round while I have the chance. If I can get it done before the next attack cycle, shoot if I have an opening.

Character Sheet
[9] You remove the jam and cycle a new round into the chamber.

Relic Team

"I'll attempt to shield us from it's weapon for a moment. NYW! Fall back to the group!"

Dive.
Path: Balaram -> (konis) -> Jal
Reinforce Balaram x 2
Reinforce Jal x 3
8 Nerve rolls, Final Balaram, Final Nerve.

Shield the group from the guardian locust's half moon blade.

[11,5,6,3,1,7,2,15][20][19]

Oh dear.

Stop for a moment and consider.  Nyw dropped the lighter such that its flame was touching the tree where it fell.  If the lighter hasn't moved, and hasn't been destroyed, the flame should still be touching the tree.  So, next loop, the tree should be on fire the entire time.  Does Nyw see anything which contradicts that, like the lighter being affected by the time loop, or not being positioned to light the tree anymore?  If he does, he will try to fix the problem if he can.

In any case, give the tree a single very heavy punch, trying to dent it.  Does the dent heal as time time winds backwards, or is the injury permanent?

...Nyw will return to the group regardless of the answer, and try to intercept the guardian next time it drops down.

You check, but find that the lighter is back in your possession.  You turn and give the tree a solid hit  as time winds back, smashing the bark off in one place. The bark falls as though in normal time and does not return to the tree. When time begins to move forward at the end of the turn, it says where it is.

Ashul calmly stands up and looks around.  It is at this point that everyone notices that his eyes are bleeding....or rather that his eyes are gone. In their place are clock faces, their hands spinning too quickly. Blood runs from the rim around them, as though they were just crudely jammed into place. After a moment Ashul shakes his head and speaks in a voice that sounds like its coming through a low quality speaker, all metallic and mildly distorted.

"Inefficient."

He raises both hands in front of him as though looking at something no one else can see.

"To me." He commands and the world behind him distorts. Normally diving produces no visible effect except with its result, the actual act is effectively invisible. But this time the world seemed to grow thin, like water eating through paper, and the connection was visible to everyone. Out from the tear flowed machinery: Pipes, conduits, conveyor belts, mechanical limbs, masses of clockwork and boilers, Television screens, guns, blades, glass, metal, plastic. A shoggoth of roiling technology flowed forth and around Ashul. It seemed to gently encircle him but you can see gears bite into flesh and pipes pierce like hypodermics as it encapsulates his body.

As this happens, time stops and then flows forwards again. The guardian leaps down  and Alex, Clate, and Drett open fire.  [19, 17, 14] They all miss, firing wildly as the creature falls. It hits the ground and, without warning, hurls its ax straight at the Retreating form of Nyw. [11] The Honored Dead ducks the ax and it spins past him, circling off into the sky before turning around in a wide ark and returning to the guardian.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 25, 2018, 01:35:23 pm »

Regain control

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1264 on: October 25, 2018, 08:01:00 pm »

"A word of God? Are you sure? Really sure?" Vikkan wasn't an intellectual, but he was religious enough to be astounded by the find. "If it's true then this... this..."

Retreat a little more if necessary. Try to remember anything useful about the word of god.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:17:50 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1265 on: October 25, 2018, 08:18:08 pm »

"...Well, now that we know what is it, we should stay as far away as possible. Aren't all Saints just cthonics who died after interacting with their god?"

Do I, as a mole man, recognize the symbol?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:26:23 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Tick Tock.
« Reply #1266 on: October 26, 2018, 07:10:09 am »

Kara found the floating symbol to be cool looking but was not terribly impressed by it. Perhaps because she didn't really know what a word of God is exactly. So for now she works with what she does know.
"We should remain cautious. You said it yourself. These sort of things normally don't appear in this area. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Maybe something has changed in the surrounding area, a new messenger path perhaps. Or it could be that this is just a trap looking to lure and distract those of the Cthonic faith. After all, the church isn't the only organization that employs divers that could create such illusions. Golden Rule 9: What's shiny is not always valuable."
She checked the bore's surroundings, trusting the others to know what to actually do with that thing. And hopefully explain that to her.
"What do you do with that thing anyway? Do you... collect it somehow? Or somehow put it into your body? Because it reminds me some of those tattoos you sometimes see on mole people."

Scan the area for other people, traps, ambushes, hiding spots, that sort of thing. We need to make sure this isn't a trap.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:04:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 26, 2018, 08:29:25 am »

[4] You look at the thing for a moment and you're  about to open your black book when you realize what it is. You drop the book in shock and immediately grab Kara by the shoulder as she starts to leave the cockpit.

"Thats a word of GOD!" You shout, pointing at the thing, "A remnant of creation itself, echo of the words which made the universe."  You press your hands up against the cockpit window. "That is power beyond mortal ken. The sort of thing that makes a Saint.  But they're never seen outside the depths of divine tombs...why is it here?"

Try to remember whatever I know about these things. How is one supposed to interact with these?

Try to figure out how I could get near to the floating sigil, preferably without having to bring the bore itself extremely close. Perhaps we could angle to bore a little and then use the freight elevator to get closer?

Also pick my black book back up. I mean c'mon Adam, have some respect, sheesh.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:51:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1268 on: October 26, 2018, 03:31:52 pm »

Charge at the guardian and try to hit it in the legs with my moon blade.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 27, 2018, 09:01:38 am »

Shoot the guardian again. Hold my fire if any of my teammates gets into my line of fire.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 28, 2018, 07:49:05 am »

"Based on the stories I remember, these sigils sometimes grant wisdom and strength to those who are deemed worthy. It is indeed strange that they would appear in a place such as this. But, then again, a true test of faith can appear in many forms, in many places and at any time.

I am going to try to get near to the Word and try to determine why it's here. We will have to be careful though. Remember, as it is written, 'Prepare always, you are your own guardian.'."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 28, 2018, 10:43:17 am »

go to a window! Draw that sigil!
”What’s happening? Why’d we stop?”
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 28, 2018, 10:48:20 am »

"We encountered an omen most unusual, my friend: a word of god himself! I am unsure of why it is here, of all places, but I intend to find out."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 28, 2018, 10:51:52 am »

”I could... go with you? Or do you want to go alone?”

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
s
« Reply #1274 on: October 28, 2018, 11:00:08 am »

”I could... go with you? Or do you want to go alone?”

"Very kind of you, brave moth. However, I think that first contact would best be done with as few people as possible. While I'm sure that we don't need to needlessly fear this divine entity, I can not perfectly predict how it will respond. I don't want to endanger anyone else unnecessarily, not until we have learned more about this holy sigil.

If you could help figure out a way for us to get close to the thing though, that would be most helpful indeed!"

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 231