Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381210 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Imperfect Perfection.
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2018, 01:46:05 pm »

Continue waiting inside that safe room I was, inside the bore. Can't really punch molten stone, so I wouldn't be helpful in the current situation.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 09, 2018, 06:52:57 am »

Is there enough molten stone that blocking it off here would let it flood up all the way into Twin Falls and then flood that town instead?

If yes, stop Vikkan from collapsing the tunnel for now.

If no, just hang around the control room and stay ready in case of trouble. If it would be of help, use flammenvision to help direct Vikkan where he should drill for maximum effect. If not and he knows what to do, try to calm and center myself in case diving will be required. Maybe skimming a little through my book about artifacts will help with that?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 09, 2018, 03:20:06 pm »

Shoot again I guess. This pharmacist is a harmacist for now.

Character Sheet

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1413 on: December 10, 2018, 08:28:21 am »

Try once again to explain the situation and what our bore is doing and get the moths to help.
If that doesn't work, then try to find information and help the team on my own (assuming the shielding doesn't block radio).

If that doesn't work lead a moth to a dark corner and seduce it.
If that doesn't work, then I guess I could just browse the archives looking for information on the following subjects (any will do):
  • Where do Gemstone People usually build their structures? Is there particular geology or other things? (hoping that it will have clues to Gemstone People superweapon)
  • How previous Gemstone People ruins were discovered and how to do it better (e.g. are they near ancient roads? Do they have some signal or property one can track if they are close?)
  • Were there any security systems encountered in Gemstone People ruins? What do they look like? How dangerous are they?
  • What sort of weapon is the 'Tiny Eater of All' Adam found in the ruins?
  • Is there any way to bring back or recreate things lost to En if you are able to realize that they're gone?
  • What happens to sacrificed things? Is there no way at all to bring them back?
  • What happens to replacement limbs on sacrificed limbs?
  • Can limbs lost to En be replaced?
  • Are there any recorded cases of people coming back from being sacrificed, like Polyantha Ret?
  • Could Giant Ants be fooled by rubbing people or even the bore with pheromones extracted from them? (Probably a combination of anatomy and behavioral texts)
  • Did the humans really come from the surface?
  • Was the surface like the humans say it was?
  • Are there any records of the human's arrival?
  • Are there any records of the Church's formation?
  • What are words of God?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 10, 2018, 04:25:40 pm »

"Oh no"

If I have a safe window to do so, try and shoot the bird again. If at any point I think a teammate is in the line of fire, don't shoot and instead worry about the outcome of this little kerfuffle.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1415 on: December 11, 2018, 02:44:09 pm »

I meant go talk to my actual friends, you dumb skeleton. And now I can't because everything's locked down. Great.
Oh well, sit in the control room and check the instruments. Could we use the bore to knock down enough stone that the magma would be blocked off? Seems like we could drill the ceiling of the tunnel that the magma is coming from and block it off with a barricade of fallen boulders.

If that plan seems plausible, tell Vikkan to do it and radio what we're doing to anyone who is listening.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
[5]
It seems like a reasonable plan, as far as you can tell. You let Vikkan know and then proceed to stare at the Bore's instrument panels. You don't really know much about what they're displaying but...eh its probably fine.

Shut the door, go back inside and find warm bodies to throw on the cuddle puddle

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You shut the airlock and wander up to the cockpit. There you wrap yourself around Wiellste and begin patting her head with your tongue.

Continue waiting inside that safe room I was, inside the bore. Can't really punch molten stone, so I wouldn't be helpful in the current situation.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
You continue to avoid the roaming cuddle beasts.

Is there enough molten stone that blocking it off here would let it flood up all the way into Twin Falls and then flood that town instead?

If yes, stop Vikkan from collapsing the tunnel for now.

If no, just hang around the control room and stay ready in case of trouble. If it would be of help, use flammenvision to help direct Vikkan where he should drill for maximum effect. If not and he knows what to do, try to calm and center myself in case diving will be required. Maybe skimming a little through my book about artifacts will help with that?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You don't think so...more than likely it will just back up to the new tunnel and then flow back down it.

[13] You use your vision to direct the excavation as best you can.

Try once again to explain the situation and what our bore is doing and get the moths to help.
If that doesn't work, then try to find information and help the team on my own (assuming the shielding doesn't block radio).

If that doesn't work lead a moth to a dark corner and seduce it.
If that doesn't work, then I guess I could just browse the archives looking for information on the following subjects (any will do):
  • Where do Gemstone People usually build their structures? Is there particular geology or other things? (hoping that it will have clues to Gemstone People superweapon)
  • How previous Gemstone People ruins were discovered and how to do it better (e.g. are they near ancient roads? Do they have some signal or property one can track if they are close?)
  • Were there any security systems encountered in Gemstone People ruins? What do they look like? How dangerous are they?
  • What sort of weapon is the 'Tiny Eater of All' Adam found in the ruins?
  • Is there any way to bring back or recreate things lost to En if you are able to realize that they're gone?
  • What happens to sacrificed things? Is there no way at all to bring them back?
  • What happens to replacement limbs on sacrificed limbs?
  • Can limbs lost to En be replaced?
  • Are there any recorded cases of people coming back from being sacrificed, like Polyantha Ret?
  • Could Giant Ants be fooled by rubbing people or even the bore with pheromones extracted from them? (Probably a combination of anatomy and behavioral texts)
  • Did the humans really come from the surface?
  • Was the surface like the humans say it was?
  • Are there any records of the human's arrival?
  • Are there any records of the Church's formation?
  • What are words of God?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You explain as best you can to the moths but after you finish they politely inform you that they are very grateful for your help but at least as far as the archive is concerned, help isn't needed. The archive is now as secure against attack or disaster as the great spires in Empyrean, though no one can go in or out till the all clear is sounded and the defenses lowered.

You attempt to get in contact with the team but what comes through the radio sounds like this

So you shrug and go off to do research.
1.They seemed to like volcanic areas or wet caverns. Seems to be no real distribution parameters beyond that, at least that anyone has found.
2. They seem to follow natural caverns instead of placing themselves in artificial pockets in the earth. SO following caverns might be an effective way to find them.
3. Varied. Those of normal cities are minor, but some installations are still unexplored because of the level of hostility and danger. Warnings of concentrated energy weaponry and Diving insulation.
4. Unknown.
5. No. Even time travel won't do it. Because En doesn't "Destroy" things in a traditional fashion. Things effected by it don't cease to exist. They NEVER existed. The effects the object had on the world still remain, so killing a father won't erase his son, but every hint or memory of that father would be gone from the world. If confronted about it the son will know he didn't have a father but he won't be able to explain that. This is the only way EN manipulation can be discerned: Violations of causality. The ripple in the pond without a stone to cause it.
6. Depends on the object and the sphere but effectively they are traded to something from that realm. It is possible they still exist but to bring them back or find them would be monumentally difficult and has never been done.
7. Malfunctions, unintentional actions, sphere bleed over effects.
8. Yes, but at your very great peril.
9. You find nothing about Polyantha returning. Or anyone else for that matter.
10. Possible.
11. Signs point to yes. They do not seem particularly well suited to the depths so their natural evolution here seems unlikely.
12. Unknown. 528 expeditions have been launched in recorded history and none have returned in any capacity once they venture beyond what is called "Halon's Point" a particular depth measure.
13. None aside from myth. Histories of all civilized races seem to start in roughly the same epoch. Why is unknown, though it lines up with the human faith's explaination.
14. Plenty, though they are oft contradictory and mythical. Difficult or impossible to tell what is really true among them.
15. Unknown, but anomalous energy formations of great power. Many who touch them are destroyed, others are granted abilities. Why is unknown. Those of the church seem to have a higher rate of survival though.

"Is anyone against trying to block the flow of lava? Because I'm going to try my hand at it." Vikkan announced via the radio to his companions.

Drill, drill, drill. Block the path of the lava with a controlled dropping of rocks then retreat.
You maneuver the bore back to the entrance of the the city and begin moving about, scouring rocks off the roof and walls with the drill and piling them up. Getting them to stay wedged in place is difficult on this slope though; you can get it up to maybe half the height of the tunnel but any more and they just slide out. Several of them have fallen down into the city itself but by sheer luck haven't hit any buildings and just tumbled into the lava below.

"We need something to hold the rocks back....also I need to make sure to be on the city side when I finish this off otherwise I'll wall myself in with the magma."

20 Minutes till Lavafall.

Assuming there are rocks laying about:

Rwlazch -> Hel. Reinforce Telazch x 3, reinforce Hel x3. 3 path, 6 reinforce. 9 rolls + final nerve and Telazch (Endurance stat:11 + diving 3)

Transmute the head/brain of this bird into air.

(15 + 16 + 15 + 17 + 2 + 9 + 14 + 20 + 9) (-1 nerve)(12,5)
You dive and attempt to transmute the entire upper part of the bird's head into air. You're not entirely sure what happens but a moment later  when your vision refocuses the bird suddenly jerks and then, very noisily to you, sneezes. The force of the sneeze rips your slick metal body out from the stoney beak and sends you tumbling out through empty air. You luckily don't go flying off the mountain, but you do land hard and flat on the flat stone expanse. Your left arm, already damaged, tears free entirely and goes spiraling off  as you impact, bits of mechanical and organic gore spraying out behind it. You vaguely recognize that you must not be entirely mechanical because there's blood and flesh in the severed arm. Huh. The landing doesn't hurt but your body doesn't want to respond. You try to push yourself up and your limbs are about as stable as a newborn foal's.

You skipped my action.
Wield the moon blade with one hand and shift my grip nearer towards the blade so that I can comfortably swing it with one hand.

Stay where I am and swing the moon blade towards the bird, try to use its magic by thinking really hard about how I want to kill my target.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Don't do the above, just shoot the damn bird.
"Oh no"

If I have a safe window to do so, try and shoot the bird again. If at any point I think a teammate is in the line of fire, don't shoot and instead worry about the outcome of this little kerfuffle.

Shoot again I guess. This pharmacist is a harmacist for now.

Character Sheet
[14, 18,19]
[3, 1,5]
Every shot misses. All of them. Its a bird the size of a house and every shot misses. Not only that, but clate's gun jams.  Luckily Drett's shot gets close enough to the bird's eye that it causes the creature to rear back and take a flapping leap backwards.

"My sword... Damn it all!  Alex!  I'm taking your blade!"

Where is Alex, relative to the bird and Nyw?  Close enough Nyw could run over to him, grab the moon blade off him, and then attack the bird with it within one turn?  If so, do that, again aiming to sever something important.  If not, take the pulped slave's knife, and then leap onto the bird, trying to stab its eyes out.  It destroyed the little artisan's masterwork!  Nyw is pissed!

You run over to Alex, rip the staff from his off hand, and then charge towards the bird. You nearly get bowled over as it jumps back, the flap of its wings  throwing out a shockwave that would make mining charges seem mild, but shoulder through.  [19][16] You swing at the creature's ankle, aiming to sever the foot and get your ax back in one action. The bird sees you coming though and, with a single action of its own, lifts its foot out of the way of your strike and then drives a single talon into your chest with a vicious poking action. The talon catches you right at sternum level and you manage, just barely, to turn the blow  so that it slides across the breastplate as opposed to puncturing straight through it.  But the blow still tears a huge gash straight through the metal and the force of it throws you back. You skid on your back until you reach the edge of the flat expanse and barrel straight into Drett. Both of you end up a few feet down the path leading up to the expanse, with Drett trapped under you and squealing his little lungs out.

The bird leans down, picks up a frozen corpse and with a flick of its beak hurls it at Clate and Alex, the only to people still standing up. [2,10] Alex dives, and half tackles, half accidentally throws himself into Clate.  The two hit the stone in a puff of snow as the corpse spins over their heads and off the edge of the mountain.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1416 on: December 11, 2018, 02:47:37 pm »

Cuddle. Make the cuddlees happy. Get off Wiellste and find a more willing cuddlee?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:05:15 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1417 on: December 11, 2018, 03:02:34 pm »

Consume Worm's Blood and Silent Night.

Telzach x 5 Balaram x 5 Udyne x 5
6 path, 15 reinforce.
3 final rolls.

Restore body to wholeness. preferably even removing the dent in the chestplate, but focusing on function.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1418 on: December 11, 2018, 03:28:36 pm »

Get up and keep shooting.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1419 on: December 11, 2018, 06:58:58 pm »

"P-please stop that. You make me uncomfortable."

Pull out my revolver and press the end of the barrel into the shang-gei's neck, where the chainmail doesn't protect. If it does not desist, pull the trigger. Repeat until it gets off of me or becomes inanimate, whichever comes first.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 13, 2018, 12:14:00 pm »

Eventually, Nyw will stop rolling horribly.  GET BACK UP AND ATTACK AGAIN.  Sever the head, or the foot that the hatchet is embedded into.  Whichever is opportune.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 13, 2018, 09:16:34 pm »

Shoot the bird. If possible, wait for a good shot; if I can't hit it somewhere important it might not be worth hitting at all.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1422 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:44 am »

"Any ideas?"

In case no good ideas are forthcoming, see if bigger rocks can be dug out and put behind the wall of rocks as supports for the whole thing or if other smaller walls can be created to further slow the lava flow. Remember to stay on the correct side and skedaddle away with enough time to escape before the lava hits, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:20 am »

Get out from under Nyw AND RUN FOR SAFETY (This means inside). Then fire another shot if I can get one lined up in time. That leaves me one left for myself

Character Sheet

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 14, 2018, 03:46:07 pm »

"I'm sorry, I'm not a very good fighter!"

Follow Drett to (hopefully) relative safety. Try to unjam my gun.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 231