Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386039 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1800 on: April 06, 2019, 09:03:31 am »

Lvl me up please.

Pull hood over head so as to not attract too much attention already, go talk with the pilgrims a bit to see what's going on. Be sure to use my Cthonic knowledge if it helps make sense of the situation or this door.

Also, can I spend skillpoints toward my wizardeyes?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 06, 2019, 09:10:09 am »

((I'll roll for you again. maha. mahahah. Muwahahahahahahahahaha.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1802 on: April 06, 2019, 01:50:59 pm »

spit poison on yer sword
Eyyyy sekiro bois

Nyw leans forward slightly to look at the books he'd been carrying and check on his murakumo, but doesn't rise, lest his bulk crowd the room.  "I suspected that might happen.  I am sorry that more books could not be recovered, Alex, but I hope these ones are enough of a consolation."

He then raises his crystalline Murakumo in front of him, running one gauntleted hand along the side and letting out a small sigh.

Just to be sure, Nyw's murakumo is now intact again, yeah?  It shattered to dust in the dream and I'd been hanging onto it just in case our items didn't revert, but since injuries were fixed I assume damaged equipment was as well.

Edit: If we move to negotiations, Nyw will ask only that he be paid with an enchantment; he wants his crystalline murakumo enchanted to be sturdy, so it doesn't shatter like it did in the vision.  He's willing to forego his share of the payment in return, if that's an option.  Also, +speed and +nerve for the levelup.

Murakumo is fine, not powdered at all.

"It is as I feared, we could have gotten out with all of the books if only our expedition leader had just waited for everyone to be ready." Alex let out a bitter sigh before continuing.
"We'll have to make up this devastating loss in the imminent negotiations, but otherwise it'll have to do."

Do I still have the moon blade or did that not carry over? Follow AsHul and insist on questioning our employers about the relic vision before we enter negotiations with them.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
It carried over. I was only looking on the sheets of people who posted.

"I feel we are owed substantial compensation for this activity!"

Despite her outraged tone, Auft's many hands began rubbing together eagerly.

Negotiate for higher pay. Way higher pay. This was way more grueling and temporarily fatal than advertised!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I concur with the fluffy moth, our compensation should be substantial for everything we went through. Let's...negotiate."

Help negotiate for higher pay. Let that Shluck charm work its magic.
Also, did I keep the bow I looted? It's been in my inventory since like the halfway point of our little trip.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Any weapons of guardians looted are kept.
"My. That was quite the experience. I hope to never deal with that again."

Unshackle myself. Be pleased with the 9 books I managed to cart out on my own for later translation.

Drett
[20]
[4]

As soon as the minders are summoned and the door opened both Clate and Ashul pounce on them with demands for a greater salary.  Clate argues mostly through screaming insults and threats of legal action, while Ashul is far more reasonable and careful in his words. In the end Ashul shoves Clate away and finishes the negotiation on his own.  They offer 50 fathoms per person (not counting ol' ironteeth) or a reasonable alternative action or item.

Lvl me up please.

Pull hood over head so as to not attract too much attention already, go talk with the pilgrims a bit to see what's going on. Be sure to use my Cthonic knowledge if it helps make sense of the situation or this door.

Also, can I spend skillpoints toward my wizardeyes?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Str: 10 (4, 1, 5)
Dex: 7 (5, 1, 1)
Spe: 16 (6, 4, 6)
End: 15 (4, 5, 6)
Awa: 10 (1, 5, 4)
Cun: 9 (1, 3, 5)
Kno: 5 (1, 2, 2)
Nrv: 15 (6, 4, 5)

No. You can level them up but not...like that.

Go have a friendly chat with those guys to figure out what they're doing here and what they know about the door. Try to do so before they notice Adam and start ignoring me.

Also, try to use my knowledge of Archeology (+2) to see if there's anything I know or have heard about this thing).

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[2]
Hmm...You've heard of this thing before for sure but beyond vague memories of Giants, odd gravity, and cannibalism you can really remember anything.

Str: 14
Dex: 13
Spe: 6 
End: 7 
Awa: 14
Cun: 11
Kno: 11
Ner: 13

Stats updated.

"Do you need me to be your left arm today, Kara?"

Follow Kara. Try to, ah, boost her confidence?

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Level-up results: cunning and nerve go up, and I’m spending my skillpoint on Occult.

Use The Voice on the door.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[7]
The voice says something rather odd when you look at the door. It says "HUNGRY" over and over again with out pause in a voice that is not the normal one.

Talks with the pilgrims reveal a few things.

1. They're camped here to admire this door, but are not going inside. They are more interested in the nearby caverns and reports they've heard of a new messenger's path opening up. After all, that will mean the creation of virgin Antediluvian structures and perhaps all manner of holy things will be delivered there. 

2. The door is known to them. Apparently it is the entrance to the realm of giants. There are many things in there ranging from normal size to truly massive. They say that objects that reside in there slowy grow in size and that creatures which eat one another in there gain great size as well.

3. They warn it is a dangerous place, but also a potentially profitable one. One older lady laughingly wonders what would happen to a few precious gems dropped in there many years ago.  "I wager they'd be positively stupendous by now!" she laughs.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 06, 2019, 02:49:07 pm »

”Guys, the voices in my head are telling me the door is… hungry. Make of that what you will.”
Use the eye on the pilgrims. Search the area around the door for clues or anything interesting.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:51:06 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1804 on: April 06, 2019, 06:33:18 pm »

"I like the idea of huge things. Giant gems would make me the happiest girl in the world but even mundane objects like giant pots would be useful to break down and use as materials. Not to mention how much money we could save if we found a giant weapon we could attach to the bore. If nothing else, it's worth taking a peek."

”Guys, the voices in my head are telling me the door is… hungry. Make of that what you will.”
"Uh... So how does that work, anyway? Do you just... focus on something and start hearing things?"

Find somewhere to attach my rope+grappling hook, use the other end to secure myself. Then walk through the door. Carefully and quietly.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 06, 2019, 10:29:03 pm »

”That’s just about the size of it. I haven’t had it for too long, but normally it tells me things about what I’m focusing on. But this time it just said, “hungry”. I don’t know what it means, all I know is what it tells me. I have to figure it out from there. But still, it’s usually more obvious than this.
I rub my chin in thought for a moment
”I’ll leave for you to decide how we proceed here. I would be wary, but based on what the pilgrims said, we should have more or less of an idea of what we’re getting ourselves into. Besides, we have no way of knowing whether “hungry” is a plea, a threat, a suggestion, or a warning.”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1806 on: April 06, 2019, 11:07:30 pm »

"Ah, please pardon my teammate's agitation, and thank you for your generosity, in light of our stumbles along the path."

Graciously accept the 40% pay increase and collect the 1000 base pay for the team. Request that my portion of the bonus be paid as a Real Black Book - preferably one enchanted.
Possible enchantments that would be cool:
1) simple readability and durability enchantments
2) a sort of cross reference locator to track passages that are related to a given topic or passage or such
3) let the book respond to the presence of holy/unholy beings (saints, Antediluvians, starfish people, or whatever)
4) an enchantment to steady Nerve or resist the effects of Addiction.

"Now then, my fellow travelers, let us discuss the proper division of our pay. Those of you who brought items from within the Vision may decide those items fate yourselves, naturally. Those things will not affect how we distribute our base pay. as for the 50 fathoms per person increase - the church has offered it per person, so each of you may collect that portion yourselves.
As for the 1000 base pay, here is my suggestion: 100 for each participant. That leaves 200. I will take 25 of that as team lead, and the remaining 175 can be used as bonuses for actions above the call of duty, or can remain in the team fund, to go toward Bore, warehouse, and team equipment upgrades.

If this is acceptable, please offer recommendations for who might receive a bonus. Forgive me if I overlook some action you have taken - It was a stressful journey and i was not entirely myself during some parts of it."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 07, 2019, 03:16:46 pm »

"Ah. In that case, I find myself having a difficult time keeping up with the more... Diving-inclined folks when it comes to keeping my crew alive. Mayhaps you have a small artifact that can help, medically? Otherwise, the 50 fathoms is plenty good. I have no dearth of medical supplies to purchase."

Inquire about artifacts that (hopefully) roll medical. Otherwise accept the 50 fathoms.

How long were we in the dream?

to AsHul: "Our honored dead was pivotal to all our survival, keeping the pressure off of me in order to do my work and succeeding in eliminating some of the guardians."

Drett

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 08, 2019, 08:33:47 pm »

"I have little need for money.  If you feel that I deserve extra fathoms regardless, I will not refuse to carry them, but in all likelihood the money will end up going elsewhere.  Still, Drett, thank you for the kind words.  I personally believe Ashul was of the greatest utility; though he caused some danger, his diving was instrumental to our success, and most notably, revived Alex after he seemed entirely lost.  All at great personal risk; I do believe we've all witnessed the terrible consequences that can result from a failed dive."

Nyw will request only that his crystalline murakumo be enchanted for toughness, so that it will never shatter.  Other than that, he'll just stand back and watch the proceedings, taking whatever is given to him.

Do we keep the guardian weapons, or will the church be wanting those back?  You said we've kept the guardian weapons, yes, but I'm unsure if you only mean they were carried out of the dreamworld.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1809 on: April 08, 2019, 11:39:03 pm »

"I'll be in the bore if anyone needs me."

Nap, preparing  to leave the team when we return to our home base.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1810 on: April 09, 2019, 12:43:40 pm »

Request that they teach me how to properly use the magic of my moon blade.
Also ask them whether they have anything to help translate ancient human books, just in case we were to find any in our travels.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1811 on: April 09, 2019, 12:54:37 pm »

Kara is tying a rope around herself and leaping in, so... watch from a safe distance. If it seems necessary, try to pull her back with the rope.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 09, 2019, 03:20:31 pm »

"Like, me and friend Auft shot at the guardians, for all the good it did. Apparently I got a good shot in at the bow wielding thing that attacked us in the hallway, so that's nice.
But yes, friend Abdul and our appreciated deceased were probably the pivotal members on this little trip."

Forego the 50 fathom bonus and instead ask for them for whatever their willing to give me pertaining to the crystal people.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1813 on: April 10, 2019, 01:04:05 pm »

"Like, me and friend Auft shot at the guardians, for all the good it did. Apparently I got a good shot in at the bow wielding thing that attacked us in the hallway, so that's nice.
But yes, friend Abdul and our appreciated deceased were probably the pivotal members on this little trip."

Forego the 50 fathom bonus and instead ask for them for whatever their willing to give me pertaining to the crystal people.

Information or objects? They have a map of possible and confirmed ruin locations and some artifacts from them, though nothing particularly valuable. Not so much as your needle that is.

Request that they teach me how to properly use the magic of my moon blade.
Also ask them whether they have anything to help translate ancient human books, just in case we were to find any in our travels.

The moon blade's ??? capacity is activated, mechanically, through the use of a nerve roll instead of a strength one when attacking.  In game its activated by a particular thought or state of mind. They help you achieve it so you can at least attempt to use it in the future.

They tell you that there are examples of ancient human text and translators in Empyrean.

"I have little need for money.  If you feel that I deserve extra fathoms regardless, I will not refuse to carry them, but in all likelihood the money will end up going elsewhere.  Still, Drett, thank you for the kind words.  I personally believe Ashul was of the greatest utility; though he caused some danger, his diving was instrumental to our success, and most notably, revived Alex after he seemed entirely lost.  All at great personal risk; I do believe we've all witnessed the terrible consequences that can result from a failed dive."

Nyw will request only that his crystalline murakumo be enchanted for toughness, so that it will never shatter.  Other than that, he'll just stand back and watch the proceedings, taking whatever is given to him.

Do we keep the guardian weapons, or will the church be wanting those back?  You said we've kept the guardian weapons, yes, but I'm unsure if you only mean they were carried out of the dreamworld.

You could exchange your gathered weapons with the church for favors or items but you keep them otherwise.

They use diving to remove the "Fragile" from the crystal sword.  It could still be broken but it will take a great great deal more force to do so.

"Ah. In that case, I find myself having a difficult time keeping up with the more... Diving-inclined folks when it comes to keeping my crew alive. Mayhaps you have a small artifact that can help, medically? Otherwise, the 50 fathoms is plenty good. I have no dearth of medical supplies to purchase."

Inquire about artifacts that (hopefully) roll medical. Otherwise accept the 50 fathoms.

How long were we in the dream?

to AsHul: "Our honored dead was pivotal to all our survival, keeping the pressure off of me in order to do my work and succeeding in eliminating some of the guardians."

Drett
They have no such artifacts here, but could give you a voucher of sorts for access to the archives in Empyrean, where they might have something.

Hard to say. A good while. Maybe 24 hours. You have to pee.

"Ah, please pardon my teammate's agitation, and thank you for your generosity, in light of our stumbles along the path."

Graciously accept the 40% pay increase and collect the 1000 base pay for the team. Request that my portion of the bonus be paid as a Real Black Book - preferably one enchanted.
Possible enchantments that would be cool:
1) simple readability and durability enchantments
2) a sort of cross reference locator to track passages that are related to a given topic or passage or such
3) let the book respond to the presence of holy/unholy beings (saints, Antediluvians, starfish people, or whatever)
4) an enchantment to steady Nerve or resist the effects of Addiction.

"Now then, my fellow travelers, let us discuss the proper division of our pay. Those of you who brought items from within the Vision may decide those items fate yourselves, naturally. Those things will not affect how we distribute our base pay. as for the 50 fathoms per person increase - the church has offered it per person, so each of you may collect that portion yourselves.
As for the 1000 base pay, here is my suggestion: 100 for each participant. That leaves 200. I will take 25 of that as team lead, and the remaining 175 can be used as bonuses for actions above the call of duty, or can remain in the team fund, to go toward Bore, warehouse, and team equipment upgrades.

If this is acceptable, please offer recommendations for who might receive a bonus. Forgive me if I overlook some action you have taken - It was a stressful journey and i was not entirely myself during some parts of it."

So lets do this as 1000 and then every person who takes the 50 gets it personally and everyone who elects for something else gets that instead.

They gladly give you a Black Book, but when you ask about enchanting it they basically tell you "We don't do that and Its probably a good idea if you don't do it either."

Use the eye on the pilgrims. Search the area around the door for clues or anything interesting.
Looking at the pilgrims reveals nothing that interesting. Varying places of origin, mostly mundane professions and lives. Generally there seems to be some major life event before they set out, but the group itself formed spontaneously some distance back.

You search around the door and find some rather large bones and oversized items. Nothing massive but like... a rusty spoon thats roughly twice as big as a normal spoon.

"I like the idea of huge things. Giant gems would make me the happiest girl in the world but even mundane objects like giant pots would be useful to break down and use as materials. Not to mention how much money we could save if we found a giant weapon we could attach to the bore. If nothing else, it's worth taking a peek."

"Uh... So how does that work, anyway? Do you just... focus on something and start hearing things?"

Find somewhere to attach my rope+grappling hook, use the other end to secure myself. Then walk through the door. Carefully and quietly.

You tie yourself off on a rock outside the door and then carefully sneak in. The door leads straight into a canyon of sorts, wider than the door by a dozen or more feet and several times as tall. The canyon's walls are oddly smooth and regular, all white, and the canyon itself seems to stretch on to infinity, almost completely straight. The bottom is rounded and, upon inspection of the ground and walls, you come to the conclusion that they're made of mortar.  This isn't a canyon, its the space between two bricks on a tiled floor. You look up and see a ceiling that seems an impossible distance away. This cavern must be larger than the entirety of the Empyrean cavern. Maybe several times larger.  If you had to estimate the ratio in here...it would be maybe 1 meter out there is 1mm in here. Maybe even less.

Kara is tying a rope around herself and leaping in, so... watch from a safe distance. If it seems necessary, try to pull her back with the rope.

"I'll be in the bore if anyone needs me."

Nap, preparing  to leave the team when we return to our home base.
POWERFUL WAITING ENGAGED

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 10, 2019, 02:06:20 pm »

Does any of that stuff count as structural junk by chance?

Follow the bird into the door. Have sword and revolver at the ready. Let Kara take the lead. Use the Voice on something once I’m inside.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 231