Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381185 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1815 on: April 10, 2019, 02:38:12 pm »

"Doesn't appear hazardous. Not immediately, anyway. I'm not comfortable with the idea of having to stay in there too long. Growing larger could be anywhere from inconvenient to lethal."

Enter. Drag along Vikkan if possible, his awareness and navigation skills would be handy.
On second thought, have Vikkan stay and watch the bore for us. Seeing as everybody else seems to want to come along.

Might change it back if Adam would rather stay behind.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:31:59 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1816 on: April 10, 2019, 04:11:50 pm »

“If any of us want to stick with the Bore, it may not be the worst thing. Though these pilgrims seem friendly enough, who knows what they would do if the bore were left unattended. Speaking of which, we should lockdown the bore while we venture out, if that is possible.”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1817 on: April 10, 2019, 07:31:57 pm »

"I wouldn't mind being bigger, honestly... Maybe it even makes me stronger."

I forgot to roll for the level up, edited my sheet. I'm using those 2 unused Skill Points to level up Caving to 2.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:50:22 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 10, 2019, 11:10:33 pm »

"Alright, Here are your shares. 100 each, and since Nyw has declined a bonus, that will remain in the team fund. I will take 100 plus the 25 for being team lead, so the other 175 will go into the team fund, which I also have on my person. Should any of you have suggestions for where to spend that, I will listen.

You can find me at the warehouse for a while. "

Paying the Vision team as above, contacting the Bore to report on our experiences and find out what they are up to, returning to the warehouse to rest away my Nerve malus.
Also, purchasing 1 silent night and one worm's blood to restock.

Then play song #2 from my songbook on my mundane guitar.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 11, 2019, 12:04:44 pm »

So, I'll be foregoing the 50 fathom bonus for church goodies instead. Try to haggle for information the church has about crystal people, in addition to as much crystal people stuff they're willing to give, offer the bone bow I looted from the guardian in the vision quest to sweeten the pot if that would get me more crystal stuff.

If they don't go for the haggling, Just get the information instead.

After all that is said and done, go back to town, grab my stuff from my locker, find a nice secluded spot in our warehouse and use the crystal toothpick on myself.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:10:00 pm by Pancaek »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1820 on: April 11, 2019, 12:35:55 pm »

Take my 100 fathoms and store my five books inside the warehouse. Then visit Polyantha and hand in the 100 fathoms and my mail shirt.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 11, 2019, 01:26:25 pm »

((Drat, missed the turn.))

Thank you for the lvl up, it's pretty good (SEE OZARCK TOLD YA MAN LET THE BONEMAN LVL ME UP ALWAYS).

Also, can I spend skillpoints toward my wizardeyes?
No. You can level them up but not...like that.
Could you explain to me how it works then please?

Enter the giant door (also tie some rope to an anchor outside) and take a look at this place with wizard eyes. Is everything still just indecipherable magic everywhere?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 12, 2019, 11:45:29 am »

"Ah, thank you. I will take the fifty fathoms in that case. I do not know when I would be able to make it to Empyrean."

150 fathoms gets!

Go take care of biological functions at the base, send communication to the bore we're all alive via radio, then hit the city.

Did I expend actual ammo from my rifle? Either way, look to purchase ammunition. Also look for medical supplies. Maybe some paralytics/stimulants/barbituates/various other drugs? And look for doctor's bag fillers. Just in case I run out on mission.

Is there an Ethral outpost here? I won't do anything there this turn (I gotta shop after all) but I'll probably head there shortly.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1823 on: April 13, 2019, 07:14:44 pm »

Could the bore go through the door?

Is the door at the edge of the room? Or could I possibly get behind the door if I climb up this trench?

Go back to get my rope and then go a bit further in. See if there are any signs of previous expeditions.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1824 on: April 13, 2019, 08:09:06 pm »

Does any of that stuff count as structural junk by chance?

Follow the bird into the door. Have sword and revolver at the ready. Let Kara take the lead. Use the Voice on something once I’m inside.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
The bones could be used as structural junk.

You follow Kara.

"Doesn't appear hazardous. Not immediately, anyway. I'm not comfortable with the idea of having to stay in there too long. Growing larger could be anywhere from inconvenient to lethal."

Enter. Drag along Vikkan if possible, his awareness and navigation skills would be handy.
On second thought, have Vikkan stay and watch the bore for us. Seeing as everybody else seems to want to come along.

Might change it back if Adam would rather stay behind.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
You also follow Kara.

((Drat, missed the turn.))

Thank you for the lvl up, it's pretty good (SEE OZARCK TOLD YA MAN LET THE BONEMAN LVL ME UP ALWAYS).

Also, can I spend skillpoints toward my wizardeyes?
No. You can level them up but not...like that.
Could you explain to me how it works then please?

Enter the giant door (also tie some rope to an anchor outside) and take a look at this place with wizard eyes. Is everything still just indecipherable magic everywhere?

When the time comes, it will be explained, but you haven't yet gotten something to allow it.

You head in with Kara and look around
[16]

Your vision is mostly occluded in flame vision mode but you can make out vague things. Almost like staring at things through foggy goggles.

Could the bore go through the door?

Is the door at the edge of the room? Or could I possibly get behind the door if I climb up this trench?

Go back to get my rope and then go a bit further in. See if there are any signs of previous expeditions.

It could, you think.

The door is at the edge of the room. Though this space is impossible, the entrance at least makes sense.

You retrieve your rope and lead the cluster of people further in. You reach the edge of this tile or brick and find a 4 way intersection made by the abutting corners of 4 of the tiles. On one of the mortar covered walls someone has deeply scratched an arrow, pointing off to the right. There are signs of others passing through, smaller pieces of trash and what looks like the remnants of a fire.

"I wouldn't mind being bigger, honestly... Maybe it even makes me stronger."

I forgot to roll for the level up, edited my sheet. I'm using those 2 unused Skill Points to level up Caving to 2.

Okie dokie.

"Alright, Here are your shares. 100 each, and since Nyw has declined a bonus, that will remain in the team fund. I will take 100 plus the 25 for being team lead, so the other 175 will go into the team fund, which I also have on my person. Should any of you have suggestions for where to spend that, I will listen.

You can find me at the warehouse for a while. "

Paying the Vision team as above, contacting the Bore to report on our experiences and find out what they are up to, returning to the warehouse to rest away my Nerve malus.
Also, purchasing 1 silent night and one worm's blood to restock.

Then play song #2 from my songbook on my mundane guitar.

You divvy out the fathoms and then restock (costs found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAHoLGkmOsW-7_BM5c6dcuy1w2epkZIwpi5sXGlZCAs/edit?usp=sharing)

You attempt to contact the bore but an operator notes that there's been damage to the cables out that way and no one can get through for the moment.

You go lay down for a while until your head feels better, idly playing your guitar while you do.
[13]
You play the music as best you can but it comes out pretty bad. Hmm. Need some more practice.

So, I'll be foregoing the 50 fathom bonus for church goodies instead. Try to haggle for information the church has about crystal people, in addition to as much crystal people stuff they're willing to give, offer the bone bow I looted from the guardian in the vision quest to sweeten the pot if that would get me more crystal stuff.

If they don't go for the haggling, Just get the information instead.

After all that is said and done, go back to town, grab my stuff from my locker, find a nice secluded spot in our warehouse and use the crystal toothpick on myself.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
With the bone bow thrown in they give you the map of the locations and 3 of the crystal barrels.

You walk back to the warehouse, hide away from everyone else, and jam the toothpick into yourself.

At this point you need to talk with me via pm here or on discord.

Take my 100 fathoms and store my five books inside the warehouse. Then visit Polyantha and hand in the 100 fathoms and my mail shirt.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Polyantha gives you a box made of black resin with threads of silver woven through it, just under the surface, barely visible. Carved into the top are the words "THE PATH OF REMEMBERNCE". Its about 2 feet long, a foot wide and maybe 6 inches deep.

"Ah, thank you. I will take the fifty fathoms in that case. I do not know when I would be able to make it to Empyrean."

150 fathoms gets!

Go take care of biological functions at the base, send communication to the bore we're all alive via radio, then hit the city.

Did I expend actual ammo from my rifle? Either way, look to purchase ammunition. Also look for medical supplies. Maybe some paralytics/stimulants/barbituates/various other drugs? And look for doctor's bag fillers. Just in case I run out on mission.

Is there an Ethral outpost here? I won't do anything there this turn (I gotta shop after all) but I'll probably head there shortly.

As previously mentioned, bore is outside range, please call back later.

Nope.  I posted the doc with the cost of stuff so feel free to buy what you want.  Refilling doc bag I think is listed. As per drugs, those are gonna vary in terms of intensity and application method. Like you want a paralyaltic injectable or a powder? Weaponized drugs vs healing.

There is.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 13, 2019, 08:59:14 pm »

When the time comes, it will be explained, but you haven't yet gotten something to allow it.
Ooh, mysterious, I like it.

Try to use flammenvision to get a general outlook of the area and in what direction there are places of interest or things going on (zoom a bit if needed). For example, can I make out anything in the direction that arrow is pointing?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1826 on: April 13, 2019, 09:17:09 pm »

"Hmm. This is probably some sort of giant room. We could search around in the dark cracks of the floor, hoping we find something valuable that fell to the floor or was lost by some previous expedition or any of the local wildlife. Or we could risk using the bore to dig higher, which could be much more rewarding, but without any way to defend ourselves we'd be left without transport, so I'd rather we take the first option."

Climb on top of the wall to get a bird's eye view (pun intended) of the room. Remember my racial advantage, caving skill and rope with grappling hook. Forget my missing arm.

Edit: You rolled for this on discord and asked me to remind you:
I got [9, 17] at advantage and got [5] fate.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:26:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: April 13, 2019, 09:46:45 pm »

I accidentaly deleted the part of my previous axtion in which I followed Kara inside the door. Do I assume I'm with the rest of the group? If so:

"...You know, I'm kind of a skilled climber, and quite strong too. If you want, I think I could carry us both to the top... I mean, I would understand if you don't want help, but..."

"I think I could lend you a hand... Please don't take it as an insult, I'm just... Concerned, you could say. This is unknown territory after all."

Offer to help her in the climb to the top.

If I'm not actually where the rest are, just enter the door and follow after them.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: April 13, 2019, 09:47:35 pm »

“With respect to the hungry door, and rumors of canibalistic giants, could we not proceed in the direction that someone, or something, obviously wants us to proceed in?”
What does the Voice think about the arrow? What about the rest of the room in general? What does my normal eye see in each of the four directions?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: April 14, 2019, 06:56:49 am »

Play song #3 from the songbook.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 231