Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 128

Author Topic: DIG: Mummies Alive!  (Read 55092 times)

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1845 on: April 19, 2019, 09:32:21 pm »

(You know, you guys could just haul back a good quantity of valuable metal.  It would certainly be cheaper than buying cargo.)

(Or leave something to pick up later.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:45:02 pm by Devastator »
Logged

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1846 on: April 20, 2019, 04:31:31 pm »

(You know, you guys could just haul back a good quantity of valuable metal.  It would certainly be cheaper than buying cargo.)

(Or leave something to pick up later.)
((You can always join as someone traveling with the pilgrims and do just that. :) ))
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1847 on: April 20, 2019, 04:50:29 pm »

((Nah.  Too many players and my head hurts looking at the character sheets.  I'm just amazed at RC looking for cargo while running away from the source of cargo in this location.))
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1848 on: April 20, 2019, 06:59:56 pm »

You're gonna trade rare books for mere copies? What kind of businessman are you?

((Of course I am. I am interested in the information within and also benefiting Ethral society. That's why I took them to the archives :P))

Excellent. Hand them the books and let them know where they can reach me.

Purchase some number of tranqs and anesthetics and that stim dependent on pricing along with other goods which I will make note of when I edit my sheet.


Drett
You hand the books over and tell them to send any translations and the books back to the warehouse. They add that they'll send a bill when they do.

Tranqs are 3 fathoms each, anesthetics are 6 each, stims are 20 each.

Put on the silk shirt.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You put on the shirt. Hmm. Nothing is happening. But you have a rather odd feeling. A feeling that...injury has something to do with this thing's power.

"Noble Schluck? What has happened to you? is this ... is this intentional? Are you harmed? Are you still in control of yourself?"

Call out to the Arfvedsonite formerly known as Clate.
If he seems not to be a threat, shrug and play song #4, while keeping an eye on The Aforementioned Calcite, to be ready to run should bad things threaten to happen.


"Fascinating. I guess. Kinda."

[1]
Weapon skill: Guitar, 50% to leveling up

This song is quite a short one and rather boring really. Maybe an interlude between two more interesting pieces?

It's experimenting time!

1. Try to change my own shape. Go for something something humanoid first. Then try a spider form. How hard is it for me to do this and how fast does it go?
2. Inspect my two new crystal babies I got from the barrel (7&8 in inv). Can I tell what their function/powers are with my new stonesense/crystal affinity?
3. Inspect the small knife and bowl from the barrel
4. Inspect the cube of very dense material from the barrel
5. Inspect the sharp wedge from the barrel
6. Inspect the kidnapper bell. Since it's made out of stone, maybe I can glean some new info this time
7. See if I can use crystal baby 5 and 6 to create a new crystal baby/golem. Try to turn them into something similar to that floating diamond that shoots lasers that I have. If the diamond is a no-go, attempt to turn it into a cute crystal dog.
8. Think for a bit. Do I have any memories of the crystal people, like some hereditary/ancestral knowledge?


Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
1. [20] Anything above very minor changes that revert soon after requires effort and the greater the change the more the effort. Regardless, maintaining unnatural forms requires effort over time was well.

2. You can tell that they're all what amount to maintenance and security automata. Here, outside the crystal cities, they don't really know what to do.

3. The knife appears to be a duplicate of the stone cutting knife another member of the team found earlier.  The bowl is...it might just be a bowl.

4. You know nothing more about it than before but your senses tell you it is able to be shaped by your stoneshaping. It might have been made via stone shaping actually.

5. Looks to be another of the stoneshaping tools like the knife. Maybe for splitting stone?

6. The bell is made of something like your own flesh. It...is extremely frightening. There is a feeling of unknown dread about it that you cannot pin down. You don't like it in the same way that you wouldn't like to find a severed limb just sitting in your bedroom with no explanation.

7. You can, however doing so would require a roll and could, depending on the results, destroy them. Just a warning.

8. No.


“Guys, I’m gonna be honest here. I see a lot of potential danger at no obvious gain. I would like to get this contract fulfilled and over with. I also think that we’re more likely to benefit here if we have the whole team here to aid us. You can stick around and explore as much as you want, but I’m getting a lot of bad vibes. I’ll be back at the bore.”
Gead back to the Bore, see if any of the pilgrims have any leather gloves or an empty journal to trade. If one item comes up for less than 20 fathoms, go for it. If both items are available for less that 30 total, get both.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[16]
You're not sure if anyone has any of those items, but at the very least no one seems willing to trade you for them.

: If you don't want to go further then I won't force you. Let's just gather up whatever we can and leave. We've got the Ethral waiting for us anyway. We can also take the pilgrims along, since we'll be drilling straight into the messenger path. :

Make a quick check for anything valuable/shiny nearby, take it if found and then get back down to rejoin the rest.
Once down there, see if there's any structural junk nearby.


Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Hmmmm....There's a fathom maybe 600 feet away that is roughly your height by the look of it but grabbing something that big and getting it back on your own would be impossible.

You scamper back down the wall and take a look around. There's a fair amount of junk around here, just trash of all kinds that was probably small when it came in but is now far larger. You think if you scraped it all up you might have 20 or 30 structural junk in this rough area.

"...Seems like everyone is just ignoring me."

Examine the "walls". How old do they look like? Try to guess the rate at which things grow inside this place.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Its quite hard to tell their age...the mortar here seems similar to the mortar you've seen in human buildings and the constructions....hmm...its almost more sophisticated in a way? Or rather just cleaner.  Like it was done by a better mason or with better materials.

Seems like we're heading back, so go to the bore and get in contact with the Ethral city close to where that messenger appeared. Ask if they still require a bore team to open up the path again, and get a feel to what we could earn from it (don't commit to any deal yet). Mention that we can also replace the cut comms wires.

Finally, if there are any pilgrims or regular travelers (or even light cargo, but REGULAR CARGO ONLY) that are going in the direction we are (aka a city that is on our way back), we could transport them for a fee as well. Any offers there?



Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
They'll hire you, however what they can offer depends on what you want. The job isn't particularly mind blowing so don't expect some really great info or something but more mundane info and some pay might be fine. Or no info and a larger amount of pay. How much would basically depend on expenses and efficency. They offer 500 as a start with more if you do it well.

No one here is looking to travel that way sadly. Even if they were, they'd be going on foot. Thats the point of a pilgrimage after all.





syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1849 on: April 21, 2019, 05:14:41 am »

Nyw would go to the Ethral archives with Drett, and drop off the 25 books he was carrying with the same deal.  Donation, in exchange for access to the translations.  Actually, Nyw would also specify that the translations need to be accessible to *anyone*, if the library doesn't already have that as a policy for some reason.

After that, he'll return to the warehouse, and try to craft himself some kind of harness that he can attach lots and lots of weapons to, using the slaver clothes that he set aside for this purpose awhile ago.  35% success chance is good enough to try.


Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1850 on: April 21, 2019, 07:19:32 am »

Quote
No one here is looking to travel that way sadly. Even if they were, they'd be going on foot. Thats the point of a pilgrimage after all.

What about people or cargo in one of the cities on our way? Any open offers there?

While we are (hopefully) moving, read in my black book (the full one) a bit. Perhaps the sixth stratum? (the wiki has strata 1 through 5 for now, 6 through 10 are still unknown).


Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1851 on: April 21, 2019, 05:07:16 pm »

"You seem harmless so far. You also seem unable or unwilling to communicate."

Play song #5.

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1852 on: April 21, 2019, 05:37:48 pm »

Cut my finger. Check whether that injury was enough to activate something or whether I need a more severe injury.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Logged

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • blood blood blood blood blood blood
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1853 on: April 21, 2019, 06:56:41 pm »

Go back to the bore and take it gently into the giant world. While staying in the cracks where nothing too large can reach us, gather up some structural junk and whatever other shinies are evident. Use the big strong mole man for carrying things into the hold.
Unless someone else says no, try to find those shiny gems. Being rich would make sticking guns onto the bore a lot easier.


Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Logged
working on computers

do not turn off update

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1854 on: April 21, 2019, 08:08:43 pm »

Help carry any heavy loot that is found by the rest to the bore since I'm the strongest crewmember avaible and don't have much else to do.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Logged
Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1855 on: April 22, 2019, 03:21:02 am »

Tell the pilgrims that if they want to reach the messenger path first, they should get going soon, since we'll be drilling a new tunnel through it soon.

Could we get an upgrade to the bore's brain as a reward for warning the Ethral about impending doom and trying to help? If yes, then how many levels?


Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Gentlefish

  • Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1856 on: April 22, 2019, 01:25:17 pm »

Make purchases as noted on my character sheet history, and up my mechanics to 2.

See if I can't modify a spare ethral rifle to fire pneumatically for modified syringe rounds. Likely through a canister of compressed air, attached through the stock, that fires a burst of air on trigger pull. I'm expecting to breech-load each shot through the casing ejector.


Drett.

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1857 on: April 23, 2019, 01:41:56 pm »

"You seem harmless so far. You also seem unable or unwilling to communicate."

Clate shuffles into Ashul's field of view, waving a crystal tentacle and pointing towards the flattened part of his body where the text appears.

Code: [Select]
Friends Ashul, I am trying to communicate. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to produce sound.

1. I will go through with trying to merge crystal baby 5&6 into  a new crystal baby/golem. Try to turn them into something similar to that floating diamond that shoots lasers that I have. If the laser diamond is a no-go, attempt to turn it into a cute crystal monkey.
2. Also, we surely have some loose rocks laying around this warehouse. Grab some and attempt to turn them into a crystal flower. See how fast this goes, and what the ratio of rock->crystal is.
3. Give the kidnapper bell the teeniest of flicks. Just, very lightly. Do this a certain distance away from anyone else and run some distance away myself if anything weird starts happening.
4. Also have Ashul read the map with the crystal ruins locations for me (so we can add it to the wiki or something). After he's read it, see if I can't sense the ink on it or something.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:45:53 am by Pancaek »
Logged

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1858 on: April 24, 2019, 07:05:22 am »

Clate shuffles into Ashul's field of view, waving a crystal tentacle and pointing towards the flattened part of his body where the text appears.

Code: [Select]
Friends Ashul, I am trying to communicate. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to produce sound.

"Ah, I see. And yet, you are able to communicate through some form of body modification text. fantastic! It may seem inconvenient, but worry not, even God communicates to us through text. Tell me, friend Clate, how are you enjoying your new self?"

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1859 on: April 24, 2019, 01:50:22 pm »

"Ah, I see. And yet, you are able to communicate through some form of body modification text. fantastic! It may seem inconvenient, but worry not, even God communicates to us through text. Tell me, friend Clate, how are you enjoying your new self?"

More text appears.
Quote
It is not unpleasant, though it was exceedingly strange at the beginning. I cannot produce sound, as we have already established. I no longer possess ears, yet I can somehow still hear reasonably well. I am also completely blind, yet somehow the stone I stand on is like an extension of my outer shell. I'm not seeing you right now in the traditional sense, rather I somehow feel your shape and movements? It is a peculiar sensation to say the least.

On that note, I was given a map with the locations of more crystal ruins from the church people as my reward. Unfortunately, I no longer possess the eyes necessary to read it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 128