Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384593 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1860 on: April 24, 2019, 08:33:45 pm »

More text appears.
It is not unpleasant, though it was exceedingly strange at the beginning. I cannot produce sound, as we have already established. I no longer possess ears, yet I can somehow still hear reasonably well. I am also completely blind, yet somehow the stone I stand on is like an extension of my outer shell. I'm not seeing you right now in the traditional sense, rather I somehow feel your shape and movements? It is a peculiar sensation to say the least.

On that note, I was given a map with the locations of more crystal ruins from the church people as my reward. Unfortunately, I no longer possess the eyes necessary to read it.
"Oh? Naturally, I will be happy to read the charts for you. The crystal race seems to have left us many wonders, gifts that show God's pleasure in us - a lighter side of the Divine. Ah, forgive me, I go on too much. I do not mean to bore you with Theology.
I would love to see another star dragon. Perhaps the others could be persuaded to make this our next project, assuming the Bore and our fellow adventurers are still safe."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1861 on: April 25, 2019, 11:26:23 am »

Nyw would go to the Ethral archives with Drett, and drop off the 25 books he was carrying with the same deal.  Donation, in exchange for access to the translations.  Actually, Nyw would also specify that the translations need to be accessible to *anyone*, if the library doesn't already have that as a policy for some reason.

After that, he'll return to the warehouse, and try to craft himself some kind of harness that he can attach lots and lots of weapons to, using the slaver clothes that he set aside for this purpose awhile ago.  35% success chance is good enough to try.

You drop the books off with specific instructions for what to do with the translations and then head back to the warehouse.
[20]
You set out the fabric and then consider the best way to handle using it...You stare at it, trying to mentally cut it apart and piece it back together. You rub your chin and stare...and stare....and think...and stare...

"You seem harmless so far. You also seem unable or unwilling to communicate."

Play song #5.

[12]
You play but after a few seconds you start to think that this can't be right. The notes are all very weird. You think the guitar might need to be tuned.

Cut my finger. Check whether that injury was enough to activate something or whether I need a more severe injury.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You cut your finger. It doesn't seem to activate anything.

Hmmm is it because the wound isn't big enough? Or because you did it to yourself? Or because it wasn't through the shirt?  Or something else?

Make purchases as noted on my character sheet history, and up my mechanics to 2.

See if I can't modify a spare ethral rifle to fire pneumatically for modified syringe rounds. Likely through a canister of compressed air, attached through the stock, that fires a burst of air on trigger pull. I'm expecting to breech-load each shot through the casing ejector.

Drett.
Done.

That's completely possible but would require a compressed air canister and some mechanical junk.

"You seem harmless so far. You also seem unable or unwilling to communicate."

Clate shuffles into Ashul's field of view, waving a crystal tentacle and pointing towards the flattened part of his body where the text appears.

Code: [Select]
Friends Ashul, I am trying to communicate. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to produce sound.

1. I will go through with trying to merge crystal baby 5&6 into  a new crystal baby/golem. Try to turn them into something similar to that floating diamond that shoots lasers that I have. If the laser diamond is a no-go, attempt to turn it into a cute crystal monkey.
2. Also, we surely have some loose rocks laying around this warehouse. Grab some and attempt to turn them into a crystal flower. See how fast this goes, and what the ratio of rock->crystal is.
3. Give the kidnapper bell the teeniest of flicks. Just, very lightly. Do this a certain distance away from anyone else and run some distance away myself if anything weird starts happening.
4. Also have Ashul read the map with the crystal ruins locations for me (so we can add it to the wiki or something). After he's read it, see if I can't sense the ink on it or something.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[7]
1. The crystal merge goes well, you basically just push them together and then mold them into the shape you like with stoneshaping. You can't get a floating diamond but you do get one on four short legs that you think should have similar properties.

2. [4] You manage to make....well it is vaguely flower shaped. Really it looks like a desert rose more than anything.

3. You flick the bell and then run away. You're nowhere near anyone so no one hears the very small tone it makes besides you. Nothing seems to happen.  Hmm. Maybe you need a test subject? Kidnapper bell is evocative of...well... kidnapping.

4. You can't sense the ink or read it. I'll update the main map with the locations on it for everyone. The ruins marked as crystal will have blue crystals on them.

No one here is looking to travel that way sadly. Even if they were, they'd be going on foot. Thats the point of a pilgrimage after all.

What about people or cargo in one of the cities on our way? Any open offers there?

While we are (hopefully) moving, read in my black book (the full one) a bit. Perhaps the sixth stratum? (the wiki has strata 1 through 5 for now, 6 through 10 are still unknown).

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Only chime is between you and Knot, but if we're talking about between here and Anvil, there's bound to be something. Especially if you're willing to take a few detours. In chime...Nothing right now, at least nothing you can find easily.

As per the black book...you'll have to wait for me to finish it.

Go back to the bore and take it gently into the giant world. While staying in the cracks where nothing too large can reach us, gather up some structural junk and whatever other shinies are evident. Use the big strong mole man for carrying things into the hold.
Unless someone else says no, try to find those shiny gems. Being rich would make sticking guns onto the bore a lot easier.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Help carry any heavy loot that is found by the rest to the bore since I'm the strongest crewmember avaible and don't have much else to do.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Tell the pilgrims that if they want to reach the messenger path first, they should get going soon, since we'll be drilling a new tunnel through it soon.

Could we get an upgrade to the bore's brain as a reward for warning the Ethral about impending doom and trying to help? If yes, then how many levels?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

You get all the previously mentioned structural junk loaded.  I'm not sure what jewels you're talking about specifically, unless you just want to go in and look for some?

And yeah, brain upgrade would be fine. One they have might be +2 or so from where it is

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1862 on: April 25, 2019, 08:55:08 pm »

Tune my guitar, then retry song #5. Play it all the way through this time, regardless of whether it feels right or not. If my guitar becomes unplayabe for whatever reason, switch to the haunted one and try again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: April 25, 2019, 09:06:25 pm »

(Wiki Bore inventory edited with Structural Junk.)
"This stuff will be useful. I suppose we're leaving now? Got places to go, tunnels to drill?"

Have 30 struc. junk to work with.
Let's try to refine that into 5-7 mech. junk, enough to build a flame/chem sprayer.
Use the rest of the struc. junk to build a tank to hold the fuel. Preferably able to hold corrosive chemicals, but that's optional.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:16:21 pm by Egan_BW »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: April 26, 2019, 04:40:30 am »

(Wiki Bore inventory edited)
((Egan is the hero we need, not the one we deserve.))

Only chime is between you and Knot, but if we're talking about between here and Anvil, there's bound to be something. Especially if you're willing to take a few detours. In chime...Nothing right now, at least nothing you can find easily.

Yeah, anything that needs to be dropped off on our route between here and Anvil is fine, though preferably no detours. Seeing how the way is now blocked and the flow of goods and people interrupted, I imagine there's some passengers/cargo in Knot right now that would want to get across at least.

In case our glorious pilot can't post before next turn: start us off toward Knot. 

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:42:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1865 on: April 26, 2019, 05:09:09 am »

Going from 75% chance of missing to 65% chance of missing is fine by me. Hopefully we'll get an advantage if we're using AoE weapons against small/massed targets like worker ants. If nobody objects, I'll update the wiki page.

Also, while we're with the Ethral, check for any info about necromancers in general and that necromancer asshole in particular. Is he well known? Do they usually roam the tunnels? Do they have any goals in life beyond eternal life and being assholes? How many corpses do they usually have? How strong are they? Stuff like that.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:21:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: April 26, 2019, 05:50:17 am »

Can I offer to share the information I learned through the Voice with the Ethral, and how much could I get for it?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: April 26, 2019, 06:46:45 am »

Continue to ponder the depths of meaning that lie within these soiled guard garments.  What dark secrets do they hold?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: April 26, 2019, 11:12:52 am »

I would have liked to explore more, and maybe even stay there a little to grow bigger. But if the rest are leaving, then I have no choice but to go with them.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: April 28, 2019, 03:12:16 pm »

1. Assuming we have more rocks around here, try to make a functional guitar out of crystal.
2. Use crystal baby number 1 (the rolling dodecahedron) for a little expiriment: see if I can somehow merge them inside of me and then release them later, acting as a sort of carrier.
3. Use loose stone around the warehouse to attempt to recreate my crystal snake baby from scratch.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1870 on: April 30, 2019, 11:01:05 am »

Check the cost for buying a filter for a gasmask.
What junk would I need to create a filter myself?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1871 on: May 07, 2019, 10:22:02 am »

Apologies for my long absence. School attempted to murder me, but I successfully counterattacked.

Tune my guitar, then retry song #5. Play it all the way through this time, regardless of whether it feels right or not. If my guitar becomes unplayabe for whatever reason, switch to the haunted one and try again.

[5]
You try again after double checking the tuning on the guitar. This song is weird. There's no real rhythm to it, just a bunch of discordant and slightly disquieting notes that hurt your ears.

Continue to ponder the depths of meaning that lie within these soiled guard garments.  What dark secrets do they hold?

[15]
Hmmm this man enjoyed jelly donuts buy the look of these stains....wait...no...that's blood. Hmm.

1. Assuming we have more rocks around here, try to make a functional guitar out of crystal.
2. Use crystal baby number 1 (the rolling dodecahedron) for a little expiriment: see if I can somehow merge them inside of me and then release them later, acting as a sort of carrier.
3. Use loose stone around the warehouse to attempt to recreate my crystal snake baby from scratch.

1. Nope. No more rocks. Everything else around here is made of Styrofoam and vague literary assumptions.  Yes, there are basically always gonna be rocks around.
[14] You successfully form a crystalline guitar. The body isn't hard to make but the strings are a really nightmare. You end up having to braid stone filaments on a microscopic level in order to get them to actually work as strings and not snap constantly. The resulting instrument has a completely otherworldly sound to it...you think. You can't actually hear it but judging by the vibrations you sense from Ashul's guitar and the ones you sense from this one, yours is quite different.

2. You can't "Merge" them but you can just sort of create a hollow within yourself to hold them. Its not terribly difficult as long as it isn't very big.

3. [3] Using some raw stone and crystal from yourself you manage to create something like the snake golem. Its larger than the original by several times and rougher, sort of like a squirming line of uncut gemstones, each the size of a human fist. It seems to be "Alive" in a general sense though you're not sure how intelligent it is.

Check the cost for buying a filter for a gasmask.
What junk would I need to create a filter myself?

Just the filter? 10 or so fathoms. Making it would require 2 chemical junk and 1 structural.

(Wiki Bore inventory edited with Structural Junk.)
"This stuff will be useful. I suppose we're leaving now? Got places to go, tunnels to drill?"

Have 30 struc. junk to work with.
Let's try to refine that into 5-7 mech. junk, enough to build a flame/chem sprayer.
Use the rest of the struc. junk to build a tank to hold the fuel. Preferably able to hold corrosive chemicals, but that's optional.

[4]
You manage to convert some structural to mechanical but you end up needing a lot more structural than you thought you would.  The conversion rate seems to be 6 to 1, at least the way you're doing it now. You can convert as much as you like like that or try to figure out a better way.
[17]
You try to get the tank together but it falls apart. Luckily you don't lose any materials.

(Wiki Bore inventory edited)
((Egan is the hero we need, not the one we deserve.))

Yeah, anything that needs to be dropped off on our route between here and Anvil is fine, though preferably no detours. Seeing how the way is now blocked and the flow of goods and people interrupted, I imagine there's some passengers/cargo in Knot right now that would want to get across at least.

In case our glorious pilot can't post before next turn: start us off toward Knot. 

Knot is, as you might expect, in a somewhat chaotic state when you arrive back. There are a lot of people stranded there what with the blockage of the only tunnel back towards Empyrean and the city's inns are overloaded with travelers and merchants. Tents have sprung up all over the place and Crawlers have been gathered in clumps to form adhoc camps.  Almost everyone has something they want to get to or get from beyond the blocked passage, though the majority seem to already have the intent to go there themselves or have someone who should be delivering it. For the most part it seems the biggest job would be digging out a new passage. There are already some bores at work on it, though they haven't got far in and digging out a passage requires more effort and time than just burrowing a single tunnel through.

Going from 75% chance of missing to 65% chance of missing is fine by me. Hopefully we'll get an advantage if we're using AoE weapons against small/massed targets like worker ants. If nobody objects, I'll update the wiki page.

Also, while we're with the Ethral, check for any info about necromancers in general and that necromancer asshole in particular. Is he well known? Do they usually roam the tunnels? Do they have any goals in life beyond eternal life and being assholes? How many corpses do they usually have? How strong are they? Stuff like that.

You search the archives but find absolutely nothing of value about necromancers. Everything that is there is so vague and general that it is useless to you. You ask the Ethral about it and they tell you that a deeper archive or a larger one might have more; they're just a regional archive after all.

Can I offer to share the information I learned through the Voice with the Ethral, and how much could I get for it?
Depends on the info. See, you don't have any real evidence for what you tell them right now, so its nothing but rumor or maybe straight up lies as far as they know. However, if you were to prove the capacities of your eye and then use it on things they requested, you could make a lot.

I would have liked to explore more, and maybe even stay there a little to grow bigger. But if the rest are leaving, then I have no choice but to go with them.

Don't worry, I'm sure the chance to go back and pet the big kitty will come.

Thats not an innuendo.

I think?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 07, 2019, 08:44:27 pm »

(Disclaimer, if the rest of the group decides to move on, join them, and do t let my actions slow down the pace of the rest of the group)
That being said, ask the archivists what I need to do to prove to them the power of The Voice.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:42:51 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: May 07, 2019, 11:46:32 pm »

Nyw spontaneously shows up next to Ashul, holding a ball of soiled laundry.  "Comrade, may I ask something of you?  I wish to turn these garments into a harness to hold my weapons with, but... my fingers are rather too large to work well, and I have no talent as a clothworker.  It is not pressing, but I would appreciate assistance if you can spare the time."

Go sit by the guitarists and listen to their... err, "efforts" while continuing to fiddle with the clothes.  Still just want to make a harness for attaching weapons and such conveniently.

If Ashul offers to do it, let him.  Assist if that's a thing in this system.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 08, 2019, 06:40:27 am »

((I'd say we just bore a single tunnel through to the other side while laying some comms cables and take whatever reduced payment we can for it, the npc's can worry about making it a real passage. That way we don't lose too much time and still make a quick buck from it (I guess that since we timeskip past actual tunneling it could take equally long turn-wise, but I expect making it a real tunnel carries a higher chance of complications or the like that'd need adressing). I'll put this as my action for now, but if people disagree I can still change it.))

For now let's just bore a single tunnel through to the other side while laying some comms cables. If we can find anyone or anything we can easily take along with us during that for a fee, then do so (assuming they appear safe and not suspicious). 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 231