Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385019 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1875 on: May 08, 2019, 08:11:37 am »

"Ah. Hmm. Yes, I suppose I can make an attempt, Honored One. I'm afraid, however, that I will have as good a chance at ruining these rags as at making the harness you desire. My fingers are, well, they are surprisingly good with this instrument, considering my malformations. Would you not prefer to have a professional create a harness for you? I imagine the cost would be minimal."

Convert Nyw's cloth rags into a harness for his weapon. Then play song #4 (the short boring interlude) on the Gemstone guitar, followed by Song #6 on the mundane guitar.

"Say there, Former Schluck ... ah , Shining Gemsir? Hmm, I confess I am at a loss as to an appropriate form of address for one such as yourself. That's a fine looking guitar. Can you play it?"

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:29:22 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1876 on: May 08, 2019, 02:33:35 pm »

Clate ambles up to Ashul, holding out the guitar with two of his tentacles

Quote from: writing on clate's body
I cannot. I made it more as an experiment to see if I could manage complex shapes. You can have it if you want. I have no further use for it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 08, 2019, 08:28:06 pm »

AsHul carefully sets aside the rags and normal guitar and reverently takes the rock guitar in his hands.

"Oh, thank you, Friend Clate. This is a wonderful instrument. I am excited to hear what Music of the Depths this will create."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 08, 2019, 11:10:32 pm »

Nyw shakes his head "Do not worry, if you fail, or destroy these materials, it is no great loss.  Few would have any desire for these clothes, soiled by corrupt intentions and bodily fluids as they are.  If it becomes necesssary, I may request to purchase a proper harness, but I feel our money can be put to better uses."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1879 on: May 09, 2019, 06:15:34 am »

What about glass lenses? What is the cost of buying one compared to creating one myself?
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 09, 2019, 06:59:24 am »

"Hmm, yes, that is an understandable attitude. Our current finances are satisfactory, and should allow us to live reasonably comfortably for a time if we do not spend on luxuries. Unfortunately, our communal funds are not quite enough to purchase a crawler or other major equipment, unless our companions were willing ot sacrifice fro their personal accounts. But what we currently have would be enough for some lesser team equipment or upgrades to our mobile home-away-from-home."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 09, 2019, 04:07:26 pm »

Quote from:  text appearing on Clate, on two sides at the same time so both Nyw and Ashul can read
If you wish, I have some silk rope left to use for a harness.

I have some items left that I no longer have a use for in my current form. Perhaps I should donate some to the team fund. But first, experiments.

So, that's one crystal guitar to Ashul.

Next, gather a whole bunch of rocks for the next experiment: Try and create a humanoid crystal/rock golem, roughly person sized, and imbue it with as much consciousness as I can. The revival of the crystal race begins here, today

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1882 on: May 09, 2019, 06:20:50 pm »

Organize an auction for our "first class high speed" transport services. I bet there are some people in a hurry that would be willing to offer a pretty penny for our services or maybe some crazy Pilgrim who wants to be the first one to reach the path. If someone already thought of that, then cool, we already have someone beach the messenger path for us so we just follow their lead. "Win-win" as they say. EDIT: Unless the Ethral have laws against that. Maybe ask Wiellste first.

Also, if we leave this turn, stop after beaching the path. I get it if people don't want to explore but I'd at least be interested in taking a look to satisfy my curiosity and gain more experiences for my diary, especially if there are structures being built.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 10, 2019, 02:13:57 pm »

Return to the bore, since we're apparently leaving.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1884 on: May 10, 2019, 03:12:12 pm »

Nyw spontaneously shows up next to Ashul, holding a ball of soiled laundry.  "Comrade, may I ask something of you?  I wish to turn these garments into a harness to hold my weapons with, but... my fingers are rather too large to work well, and I have no talent as a clothworker.  It is not pressing, but I would appreciate assistance if you can spare the time."

Go sit by the guitarists and listen to their... err, "efforts" while continuing to fiddle with the clothes.  Still just want to make a harness for attaching weapons and such conveniently.

If Ashul offers to do it, let him.  Assist if that's a thing in this system.

"Ah. Hmm. Yes, I suppose I can make an attempt, Honored One. I'm afraid, however, that I will have as good a chance at ruining these rags as at making the harness you desire. My fingers are, well, they are surprisingly good with this instrument, considering my malformations. Would you not prefer to have a professional create a harness for you? I imagine the cost would be minimal."

Convert Nyw's cloth rags into a harness for his weapon. Then play song #4 (the short boring interlude) on the Gemstone guitar, followed by Song #6 on the mundane guitar.

"Say there, Former Schluck ... ah , Shining Gemsir? Hmm, I confess I am at a loss as to an appropriate form of address for one such as yourself. That's a fine looking guitar. Can you play it?"

[3]
Ashul makes a harness for Nyw out of the guard's old clothing. It is...a very shitty harness in terms of how it looks. Its very clearly just a bunch of old clothing torn up and knotted together, but it does seem like it will be functional.

[4][1] (Weapon skill Guitar Level up!)

The song on the Crystal Guitar sounds very different, sort of like a glass harmonica combined with a harp. The song itself is still not that interesting.

Song six is a saucy sort of dance tune. Pretty nice you think but you make a fair number of mistakes; its got some complex cord transitions and your fingers tangle up a bit.

What about glass lenses? What is the cost of buying one compared to creating one myself?
Depends on the size and the quality really. Are we talking like a simple clear lens or like a magnification lens or something specific? A pair of glasses for instance would cost something like 20 fathoms.

Quote from:  text appearing on Clate, on two sides at the same time so both Nyw and Ashul can read
If you wish, I have some silk rope left to use for a harness.

I have some items left that I no longer have a use for in my current form. Perhaps I should donate some to the team fund. But first, experiments.

So, that's one crystal guitar to Ashul.

Next, gather a whole bunch of rocks for the next experiment: Try and create a humanoid crystal/rock golem, roughly person sized, and imbue it with as much consciousness as I can. The revival of the crystal race begins here, today

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[10]
The thing you end up making is roughly the size of a human and is intelligent enough, though not sapient. A sort of simple construct. However, this comes with a cost; you can feel the thing pulling from your mind, siphoning your concentration and conciousness to run itself [-1 nerve while this thing exists].

Return to the bore, since we're apparently leaving.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Never any time to just look around. Dang it.

(Disclaimer, if the rest of the group decides to move on, join them, and do t let my actions slow down the pace of the rest of the group)
That being said, ask the archivists what I need to do to prove to them the power of The Voice.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Essentially what they'd ask you to do is to  use the power on an object they know the history of. If you can accurately tell them what that history is, then they'd believe you.

((I'd say we just bore a single tunnel through to the other side while laying some comms cables and take whatever reduced payment we can for it, the npc's can worry about making it a real passage. That way we don't lose too much time and still make a quick buck from it (I guess that since we timeskip past actual tunneling it could take equally long turn-wise, but I expect making it a real tunnel carries a higher chance of complications or the like that'd need adressing). I'll put this as my action for now, but if people disagree I can still change it.))

For now let's just bore a single tunnel through to the other side while laying some comms cables. If we can find anyone or anything we can easily take along with us during that for a fee, then do so (assuming they appear safe and not suspicious). 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Organize an auction for our "first class high speed" transport services. I bet there are some people in a hurry that would be willing to offer a pretty penny for our services or maybe some crazy Pilgrim who wants to be the first one to reach the path. If someone already thought of that, then cool, we already have someone beach the messenger path for us so we just follow their lead. "Win-win" as they say. EDIT: Unless the Ethral have laws against that. Maybe ask Wiellste first.

Also, if we leave this turn, stop after beaching the path. I get it if people don't want to explore but I'd at least be interested in taking a look to satisfy my curiosity and gain more experiences for my diary, especially if there are structures being built.

[20]
Despite her very best efforts, Kara can't get anyone to take her up on her offers of transporting them. Apparently there are lots of people selling similar services at the moment and the majority of them are shady customers looking to scam hurried travelers and either sell them a trip they never show up for or claim to transport goods and then just take the goods and disappear. As such most people have become too cautious to take the services of some lone bore crew.

Digging Timeskip

A while later, as the bore continues its slow grinding path through the newly hardened stone, something happens. The alarms go off and the bore automatically comes to a halt as the stone crumbles away and the drill tip breaches what has to be the messenger path itself.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 10, 2019, 07:09:16 pm »

"There we go. It ... works, I guess. Is this satisfactory, Honored Child?"

COntinue playing songs on the mundane guitar. Work through the songbook (from song #7) until I hit a song that appears to have an effect, or I run out of songs or 'turn time.'

Hotfire90

« Reply #1886 on: May 12, 2019, 10:47:41 am »

Lenses that are suitable for a gas mask, they shouldn't be too special. I'll just buy a gas mask for 30 fathoms instead.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 12, 2019, 03:33:15 pm »

A while later, as the bore continues its slow grinding path through the newly hardened stone, something happens. The alarms go off and the bore automatically comes to a halt as the stone crumbles away and the drill tip breaches what has to be the messenger path itself.
What's the problem cap'n? Or is it just because we entered open space?

If no immediate issues, take a quick peek at the new tunnels, then continue our drilling. Our compatriots are waiting for us!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 12, 2019, 05:20:31 pm »

Grab some shuteye or something while waiting for the Bore to move along.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1889 on: May 12, 2019, 06:10:55 pm »

Take a quick peek outside through the periscopes and instruments to make sure it's safe. If it looks safe, get out and use my rifle's scope to survey the area. I'm interested in its appearance and any weird stuff.

Can I see any signs of Antediluvians working?

Anything interesting that would be worth picking up?

Any wildlife, even bugs?

Pick up a few pretty rocks and some wildlife samples. They'll make good additions for my museum!

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 231