Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134

Author Topic: DIG: Mummies Alive!  (Read 60004 times)

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1905 on: May 18, 2019, 02:12:12 pm »

Take a closer look at the jobs, I assume that they're all local, how much do they pay and is there any information about where we can find the criminals or how long the guard duty would last?
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Logged

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Think I'll go where it suits me.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1906 on: May 18, 2019, 03:16:43 pm »

"Oh, yeah."

Wiellste walks up to Adam and punches him in the chest as hard as she can, which isn't very hard.

"That's for hitting my captain."

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Logged

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1907 on: May 19, 2019, 02:34:33 pm »

See if I can use The Voice on the Antiduvilian
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1908 on: May 21, 2019, 10:49:08 am »

Go outside and collect some of that golden rock (without actually entering the messenger path, just any shards left lying around from when we dug the wall). Does it look like actual gold?

Anything else of interest? Any living creatures besides those Antediluvians?

Any small creature/Antediluvian I could potentially trap and/or shoot?

What about unattended tools I could steal?


Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:06:11 pm by Parisbre56 »
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1909 on: May 21, 2019, 11:31:02 am »

Leave the bore and follow Kara. These "Antediluvian" look dangerous, and she might need help carrying stuff.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1910 on: May 21, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »

Put my golem on sleep/standby mode for now, to recoup my nerve stat.
Then meditate or however this works and try and feel if I happen to be connected to some larger crystal being, much like the golem is connected to my consciousness.


Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Logged

Gentlefish

  • Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1911 on: May 21, 2019, 03:09:51 pm »

Make purchases as noted on my character sheet history, and up my mechanics to 2.

See if I can't modify a spare ethral rifle to fire pneumatically for modified syringe rounds. Likely through a canister of compressed air, attached through the stock, that fires a burst of air on trigger pull. I'm expecting to breech-load each shot through the casing ejector.


Drett.
Done.

That's completely possible but would require a compressed air canister and some mechanical junk.

Buy these goods for however much they'd be and get to work on crafting a pneumatic syringe rifle.

Drett.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1912 on: May 23, 2019, 03:55:39 pm »

Get a bucket.
Play enough of Dissociation (song 12) to get some effect without like, completely severing myself from my poor misshapen body.
Then play up to six chords of Vomit (song 8 ). Checking to see if Dissociation can counter the effects of Vomit. If not, well, that's what the bucket is for.

If all goes well, and I re-ssociate, continue with songs 13-16.


You can't find a bucket, but you find an empty box and consider that good enough.

[15]
The combination of songs makes you feel...well...kind of drunk. But you didn't play them well.

Take a closer look at the jobs, I assume that they're all local, how much do they pay and is there any information about where we can find the criminals or how long the guard duty would last?
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
They are local. Pay depends on the criminal or length of guard duty or other such things. The most expensive criminal is 150 fathoms with the last known location being here in town, though there's no guarantee he's still around. For the guard duty its taking care of a young woman who is apparently going to be in town to handle a deal with the Greater Trade Alliance. That one is 500 fathoms if successful but any harm coming to her at all would result in complete lack of pay.

Put my golem on sleep/standby mode for now, to recoup my nerve stat.
Then meditate or however this works and try and feel if I happen to be connected to some larger crystal being, much like the golem is connected to my consciousness.


Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Done.

[11]
You feel something out there...its distant, vague, and weak, but it feels like something is there. Almost as though there is some great diffuse consciousness hanging in the air.  However you can't get any solid connection to it. Maybe the death of the crystal species has rendered it dormant? Maybe you just need to be in a place they used to inhabit?

Make purchases as noted on my character sheet history, and up my mechanics to 2.

See if I can't modify a spare ethral rifle to fire pneumatically for modified syringe rounds. Likely through a canister of compressed air, attached through the stock, that fires a burst of air on trigger pull. I'm expecting to breech-load each shot through the casing ejector.


Drett.
Done.

That's completely possible but would require a compressed air canister and some mechanical junk.

Buy these goods for however much they'd be and get to work on crafting a pneumatic syringe rifle.

Drett.
Air canister and pump are 25 fathoms. The junk...well are you using the junk that's probably already stored in the warehouse or buying it?









"Wow, that was scary, we were this close to committing grave blasphemy and angering our god in the deep. Thank you for steering us clear from disaster, Wiellste.

Now then, why don't we just drill around these ruins? I don't think we're lacking for space here, and hurting an Antediluvian and antagonizing them is sure to make any future exploration of these holy grounds that much harder on us."


Consider/try to remember what the usual MO is for exploring a new messenger path. Is it to wait till the Antediluvians are done with their work? Or will they continue to guard this place even after that? Is there a chance we could explore this place on foot if we leave the drill at the door, or is any intrusion unwelcome?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[16]
You really have no idea how building through these things would work...in fact you're not sure anyone ever has? None of the paths near here have a roadway through it. But you'd assume that waiting till they're done or at least mostly absent would be the most prudent thing to do.
[20]
No idea...

"Oh, yeah."

Wiellste walks up to Adam and punches him in the chest as hard as she can, which isn't very hard.

"That's for hitting my captain."

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Wiellste walks up to Adam and bops him.

See if I can use The Voice on the Antiduvilian
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[15]
You focus on the Antediluvian and immediately get a headache, a nose bleed, and a cough.

Go outside and collect some of that golden rock (without actually entering the messenger path, just any shards left lying around from when we dug the wall). Does it look like actual gold?

Anything else of interest? Any living creatures besides those Antediluvians?

Any small creature/Antediluvian I could potentially trap and/or shoot?

What about unattended tools I could steal?


Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[13]

You head out and, careful to avoid notice, grab one of the pieces of stone. You're not totally sure if its gold or not. I defintely could be...or it might be something entirely different and maybe even more valuable.

There are no creatures visible other than Antediluvians, however you can hear something roaring in the distance.

You look around for anything small and grabable. Nothing nearby but maybe as the construction comes closer you could grab one of the ones responsible for decorating or something that doesn't require the absurd strength of the diggers.

None of those either, at least not yet. All the tools you see are in the hands of rather large fellows who would probably be loathe to part with them.

Leave the bore and follow Kara. These "Antediluvian" look dangerous, and she might need help carrying stuff.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
You stay with Kara as she wanders about, looking at rocks and apparently considering her options while staring out the hole.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1913 on: May 23, 2019, 08:43:44 pm »

Rest away my dissociative nausea, then continue with songs 13-16.

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1914 on: May 24, 2019, 05:59:46 pm »

Kara tightened her grip on the rifle. That roaring was making her even more uncomfortable than those monstrous builders.
"Is this one of those creatures the Antediluvians imprison in their structures?"
She wasn't ready to let that fear scare her away from this opportunity though.
"I've always wondered if Messengers were somehow related to the world above. I mean, the paths twist, almost as if they're following something. Almost as if they're sent to intercept it. And then those Antediluvians imprisoning horrible beings here. Could those things be from the surface? Could the Messenger be a defensive response?"
She backed away from the hole a bit.
"... Hmm. But we recently saw something that changes things. The Word appeared before the Messenger. And it stayed there, unmoving. That still leaves the question of why this is all happening. And how to best use it to our advantage."

Gather up all the rock fragments that are within the safe zone. Even if they're worthless, they're SHINY!

Make a detailed map/notes of all I can see and try to mark the source of the roaring. We probably want to be extra careful around there. Use the rifle's scope to make it easier to see.

Take a random rock and throw it in the tube. Do the Antediluvians react to it at all? If yes, then that could be useful.


Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1915 on: May 25, 2019, 01:41:03 pm »

Huh...only two people showed up. Guess I'll answer them real fast.


Rest away my dissociative nausea, then continue with songs 13-16.

[12,10,3,16]
Everything goes fine if underwhelming until song 16. You proceed to badly play 4 or 5 cords before, after a large strum, about a half dozen cuts open up on your hand and spray blood in quite an amazing manner.




Kara tightened her grip on the rifle. That roaring was making her even more uncomfortable than those monstrous builders.
"Is this one of those creatures the Antediluvians imprison in their structures?"
She wasn't ready to let that fear scare her away from this opportunity though.
"I've always wondered if Messengers were somehow related to the world above. I mean, the paths twist, almost as if they're following something. Almost as if they're sent to intercept it. And then those Antediluvians imprisoning horrible beings here. Could those things be from the surface? Could the Messenger be a defensive response?"
She backed away from the hole a bit.
"... Hmm. But we recently saw something that changes things. The Word appeared before the Messenger. And it stayed there, unmoving. That still leaves the question of why this is all happening. And how to best use it to our advantage."

Gather up all the rock fragments that are within the safe zone. Even if they're worthless, they're SHINY!

Make a detailed map/notes of all I can see and try to mark the source of the roaring. We probably want to be extra careful around there. Use the rifle's scope to make it easier to see.

Take a random rock and throw it in the tube. Do the Antediluvians react to it at all? If yes, then that could be useful.


Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Kara, apparently more magpie than crow, gathers all the rocks she can and conveys them back to the bore.

She jots down the information she can and, judging using the rifles scope and some rudementry guesses, that the roaring is coming from somewhere  below and maybe a few hundred feet to the west.

She finally takes a random, non-shiny rock and hucks it into the tunnel. It bounces down and for the most part the creatures inside ignore it. Only when it bounces near enough to one of the diggers that it actually hits the stone he's working on does he actually look up and around.

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1916 on: May 25, 2019, 06:28:25 pm »

Since I don’t really have anything better to do, try to craft some obsidian shurikens.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1917 on: May 27, 2019, 06:51:39 am »

Attempt to locate Doctor Drett while keeping my wounds closed  as much as possible.

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1918 on: May 28, 2019, 08:52:45 am »

((The plural of shuriken is shuriken.))

Hmm. They're wearing leather clothing, complete with jagged tooth symbols that mark them as Members of that gang you've heard about. They've got a knife and a length of metal piping from what you can see. No threat as long as they don't take the person they're mugging hostage.
[10][9]
You sprint  straight in and are on them before they can even adequately appreciate whats going on. You don't bother with the Murakumo and instead use a running lariat for the first man and a swift hammer blow to the top of the head for the second. Within a few moments both muggers are laying unconscious at your feet and the mugging victim is just sort of staring at you with blank lack of comprehension.

Pick up both muggers by their necks, then ask the troubled citizen to point Nyw in the direction of the nearest office of law enforcement, or whatever similar establishments there are.  If they do so, go bring the muggers to the place; otherwise, wander around a bit and look for some kind of police.  If that search is a failure too, bring the muggers back to our team's base, tie them up, and once they wake up, start lecturing them on why crime and violence is a very bad idea.

Oh, and relieve them of their weapons.  Nyw will hand them in as evidence if the muggers get turned in, or just put them in his harness if he sets to lecturing.


randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1919 on: May 28, 2019, 09:12:43 am »

Be alert. Are any of the Antediluvian moving towards our position? Do any of them look hostile or aggressive?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134