Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385193 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2025 on: June 25, 2019, 12:53:05 pm »

Hop down and do a quick search. Use the voice on the room around me, as well as on the antedilluvian
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 25, 2019, 03:21:25 pm »

Hmm. Strike the fathom with the intent to produce sound. If that does nothing special, try and hit the fathom with the intent of damaging it slightly

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 25, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »

Not sure if you would consider the Antediluvian a threat. It definitely could be if you annoy it, but it should be fine as long as you don't get in the way. Still get out?
Seems like some other people wanna take a quick peek as well, so sure, hopscotch down and observe the lord's servants with appropriate awe. Can I figure out what this side tunnel is for, what its purpose is or will be?

your flamevision is gonna be pretty muddled around here I must say.
Muddles as in, useless to try so don't bother, or muddled as in I'll get less info but could still try?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 25, 2019, 11:29:16 pm »

Guard the entrance of the bore, with the two human youths.  If people exit, leave with them, but Nyw will tell the youths to stay inside, and won't stray far from the entrance himself.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2029 on: June 26, 2019, 05:04:58 am »

Take the following items from storage: 1 Dynamo Lantern, 1 Knife, 1 TNT, 2 Slave Traps.

Kara points the Obedience Rod towards Crystal Friend and says "GASONIC!": WAKE.

She then points to one of the Crystal Tablets describing the commands for the Obedience Rod and says "THORE!": READ in the hopes that, if Crystal Friend can speak, it might reveal something she missed or at least confirm that she was pronouncing the commands correctly.

Finally, she will try to trigger the Crystal Friend's repair function, the one that it used to repair holes in doors. She will do so in the hopes that it will be able to coat stuff with a thin layer of that heat-resistent material Gemstone People made their structures out of. According to the Ethral it is Cobalt with a special crystalline structure.

So she will search the structural and mechanical junk for some Cobalt, then point at it and say "QUESTAL!": EAT. Then she will lay a small box on its side so that it resembles a small door or hole, point at it and say "CHITERIX!": FILL. If that doesn't work, she will also try "GROM!": POUR.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2030 on: June 26, 2019, 06:41:19 pm »

Go down and stand guard.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 26, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »

Follow the rest outside the bore.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 27, 2019, 12:30:11 pm »

Step out with the crew wielding ethral rifle and the pneumatic rifle slung to my side. Sketch the antediluvean for future reference.

"Well. I must say, this is quite the interesting place."

Drett.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2033 on: June 28, 2019, 05:56:56 pm »

Get out of the Bore and inspect the chamber we are in more closely. Approach the antedilluvian but do not interfere with it's work or damage what it has already done. This chamber, I assume, is connected to at least one passageway, but is not the main Messenger Path itself? Are there any unique features, besides the Antedilluivian's carving? Play song 1 (Gold finder) on each of my three guitars.

The chamber seems to be more of a hall than a chamber; it only really looks like a chamber because it currently dead ends about 30 feet to the right of here, while the passage to the left, where the Antediluvian is working, continues on to other sections. You walk over towards the antediluvian, stopping about 10 feet away. This creature is a lot smaller than the digging versions, with a triple set of eyes in an upside down triangle formation. Its arms are long and skinny but its hands are thick and heavy, while its legs are relatively stumpy. It spares one eye to look at you for a few moments and then looks back down.

This passage or chamber is pretty bare for the moment, but you see what looks like a stack of 4 stone sarcophagi at the end of the hall, just before it goes out into other areas.
[9,18,7]
Regular and crystal show you a dizzying haze of gold so dense that it nearly blinds you.

Hop down and do a quick search. Use the voice on the room around me, as well as on the antedilluvian
[16]
The voice doesn't work and you have a feeling using it on stuff around here might be a poor idea.

There's nothing really around this  room of value or interest; its mostly unfinished though so thats not surprising.

Hmm. Strike the fathom with the intent to produce sound. If that does nothing special, try and hit the fathom with the intent of damaging it slightly

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[15] You tap the stick against the fathom with the intent of making noise. There's a short burst of sparkles and...nothing happens. Hmm you get the feeling you were the one at fault, somehow.
[8]
This time the sparks fly and then seem to settle into the fathom. It doesn't appear to be physically changed through, at least in looking at it.

Not sure if you would consider the Antediluvian a threat. It definitely could be if you annoy it, but it should be fine as long as you don't get in the way. Still get out?
Seems like some other people wanna take a quick peek as well, so sure, hopscotch down and observe the lord's servants with appropriate awe. Can I figure out what this side tunnel is for, what its purpose is or will be?

your flamevision is gonna be pretty muddled around here I must say.
Muddles as in, useless to try so don't bother, or muddled as in I'll get less info but could still try?

You join Ashul in staring at the Antediluvian. Judging by the sarcophagi over there, this tunnel is probably gonna be used for catacombs, though they're still unfinished.

Muddled as in you're gonna see islands of normal stone floating in a sea of non-existence.

Guard the entrance of the bore, with the two human youths.  If people exit, leave with them, but Nyw will tell the youths to stay inside, and won't stray far from the entrance himself.

You hang around near the entrance to the bore, standing guard at the bottom of the folding ladder that leads back up to the bulkhead door.

Follow the rest outside the bore.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Go down and stand guard.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Out we go.

Step out with the crew wielding ethral rifle and the pneumatic rifle slung to my side. Sketch the antediluvean for future reference.

"Well. I must say, this is quite the interesting place."

Drett.

[3]
You sketch the creature...not very well but good enough you suppose.

Take the following items from storage: 1 Dynamo Lantern, 1 Knife, 1 TNT, 2 Slave Traps.

Kara points the Obedience Rod towards Crystal Friend and says "GASONIC!": WAKE.

She then points to one of the Crystal Tablets describing the commands for the Obedience Rod and says "THORE!": READ in the hopes that, if Crystal Friend can speak, it might reveal something she missed or at least confirm that she was pronouncing the commands correctly.

Finally, she will try to trigger the Crystal Friend's repair function, the one that it used to repair holes in doors. She will do so in the hopes that it will be able to coat stuff with a thin layer of that heat-resistent material Gemstone People made their structures out of. According to the Ethral it is Cobalt with a special crystalline structure.

So she will search the structural and mechanical junk for some Cobalt, then point at it and say "QUESTAL!": EAT. Then she will lay a small box on its side so that it resembles a small door or hole, point at it and say "CHITERIX!": FILL. If that doesn't work, she will also try "GROM!": POUR.

Ok.
The crystal friend wiggles a bit and then gets up.  However, when he attempts to get it to read, it seems to just go over to the tablet and stand there.

[16]
A search of the mechanical and structural junk reveals no cobalt...at least no pure cobalt. There might be some cobalt alloys in here though...not sure...

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 28, 2019, 06:18:10 pm »

Keep the eyepatch on, to prevent the voice from prying.
That being done, start moving further down the hallway.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 28, 2019, 10:21:11 pm »

"Adam, this place is a sea of wealth, bright beyond my capacity to bear. And yet, I cannot see how this might benefit our own journey toward God. It is an experience, but I do not feel enlightened or illuminated by it. Nor do I see a way to take advantage of this without serious negative repurcussions. What are your thoughts on the matter?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2036 on: July 01, 2019, 09:15:03 am »

Uh...Hello? Is Lup really the only one around?

Keep the eyepatch on, to prevent the voice from prying.
That being done, start moving further down the hallway.

You carefully walk down the hall, sidling past the Antediluvian and over to the edge of this section. Outside is another hall, though this one is sloping at about a 50 degree angle. There's a staircase of sorts cut into the slope in the center of the passage but its a good 20 feet from the end of this hallway, with nothing but a sheer slope between the hall you're in and it. The sloping hall is pretty gigantic overall and you can see tons of other openings into it, on the floor, roof, and walls. This sloping passage is also far more finished than the hall you're in, its surfaces carved with scenes and geometric shapes, the golden veins running through the stone accentuated. it is a grand gilded palace of a hall; the only thing detracting from it is a spray of bluish blood on the wall and the corpse of an antediluvian laying on the stairs maybe 80 feet down. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2037 on: July 01, 2019, 09:29:38 am »

Could the crawler walk through the tunnels?

Practice using "HURY!": RUB command to move the Crystal Friend while riding it, since it seems to lack a dedicated move command.

Would it be safe to leave the bore here or would it be better to have it retreat further back, in case they expand the room while we're gone?

Try to determine the purpose of this room.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:08:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 01, 2019, 10:02:54 am »

Frankly, I'm not sure what our objectives are here, nor how this experience will contribute to AsHul's growth. He's not much of a tourist. I expected Radio and paris to have more of a plan or purpose in returning here.

If the crawler can get through, take it down and collect the antedilluvian corpse. Otherwise I'm back to diving the spheres. Haven't done Konis yet, so I'll go there.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 01, 2019, 10:47:17 am »

((Sorry, don't have much time these days for forum stuff.))

"Adam, this place is a sea of wealth, bright beyond my capacity to bear. And yet, I cannot see how this might benefit our own journey toward God. It is an experience, but I do not feel enlightened or illuminated by it. Nor do I see a way to take advantage of this without serious negative repurcussions. What are your thoughts on the matter?

"Why, we only just started our exploration of these holy grounds! And as you well know, travel to the deep and unknown reaches of the earth, our Chronic Pilgrimage, is a core tenet of a Chthonic's spiritual growth. Of course, you must decide for yourself what you desire to get out of this journey, but even if all we do is explore and chart these virgin grounds for future pilgrims to visit, we would already be doing a favor for both the church and our fellow faithful."

Go with the crawler, if it is capable of climbing to where we are going without very difficult piloting.

"How horrifying! What kind of foul monster would dare lay a finger on god's immaculate servants? Let us go recover it, so it can perhaps be laid to rest appropriately, but we must be wary, the fiend might still lurk near."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:52:16 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 231