Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385980 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Nostalgia
« Reply #2220 on: September 04, 2019, 10:25:56 am »

"Betraying the Chthonic gods now is most foolish.  I have no great loyalty to them, but I do have trust in the saint which granted us this mission.  This murderous being lies, and cannot be loosed upon the defenseless innocents above us."

Drop Ashul, return to the front, and take up a defensive position.  Intercept the warrior if it attacks, parrying or attacking (with the murakumo) as opportunity provides.  Do not, however, make the first move.  Instead, shout the following:

"Warrior!  If you wish to stop and speak, as some of my compatriots do, I shall not attack!  But if you continue to attack, I will respond in like kind!"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 04, 2019, 11:39:38 am »

Drett hesitates at the lull of combat and the destruction of the elemental, rifle barrel dipping.

Hold on that retreat and listen. Unless the damn thing's angry we shot at it. Then a firing retreat is in the works.

Drett

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: September 04, 2019, 01:27:33 pm »

retreat up the tunnel.
How many bullets did I spend?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 04, 2019, 03:00:23 pm »

Halt my retreat for now. Do one of three things depending on how the warrior reacts.

-If it seems intent on talking, attempt to ask it about the crystal race. Focus on the crystal overmind and how the race came to its end, but any info will do.

-If gets violent, attempt to stoneform a spike from behind it to pierce it through the chest. Should that fail, attempt to have the ground clamp one of its feet/legs to keep it immobile

-If things go topsy-turvy and Kara continues retreating, stick with her

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2224 on: September 05, 2019, 09:28:43 am »

Consider the best way to steal that cloak or that sword.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2225 on: September 06, 2019, 07:43:46 am »

Last turn until Silent Night withdrawal.
Since our enemies are now one instead of three, cease retrograde motion. Position myself between the run-aways and the frontliners.

Dive: Yengenze ->Xi (summon knowledge) reinforce each 4x for a total of 12 Nerve rolls (4 path and 8 reinforce)
Goal is to discern the nature of the enemy: it seems that it's essence is in that 'visual distortion' rather than in the host form, so I am trying to determine if it
a) is a thoughtform, some kind of spell or Dive effect,
b) is a created being (i.e. by humans) or a natural one
c) if it requires a physical host
d) if it is connected strongly top one sphere or other. I assume it has a strong connection to Yengenze, on account of it resisting my mind erasure Dive before.
e) finally, looking for hints on how it can be injured or destroyed, aside from the classic En unmaking, since it appears that physical attacks at best seem to slow it down.

Last but not least: If I have time at the end of this round before the withdrawals kick in, drink the other Silent Night.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2226 on: September 06, 2019, 01:39:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Three turns since consuming Silent Night
Try to get up and look around

You get up and look around. Sure are a lot of people running away. Does that Ancient warrior look bigger than last time?

retreat up the tunnel.
How many bullets did I spend?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
((4))
RUNNING

Consider the best way to steal that cloak or that sword.

[6]
They seem to be part of the ancient warrior so...severing their origin might be the only way.

Last turn until Silent Night withdrawal.
Since our enemies are now one instead of three, cease retrograde motion. Position myself between the run-aways and the frontliners.

Dive: Yengenze ->Xi (summon knowledge) reinforce each 4x for a total of 12 Nerve rolls (4 path and 8 reinforce)
Goal is to discern the nature of the enemy: it seems that it's essence is in that 'visual distortion' rather than in the host form, so I am trying to determine if it
a) is a thoughtform, some kind of spell or Dive effect,
b) is a created being (i.e. by humans) or a natural one
c) if it requires a physical host
d) if it is connected strongly top one sphere or other. I assume it has a strong connection to Yengenze, on account of it resisting my mind erasure Dive before.
e) finally, looking for hints on how it can be injured or destroyed, aside from the classic En unmaking, since it appears that physical attacks at best seem to slow it down.

Last but not least: If I have time at the end of this round before the withdrawals kick in, drink the other Silent Night.

[All fine][1,3]

The knowledge you gain is incomplete, as though this thing exists outside the spheres somehow. However, you do learn somethings that are quite significant.

1. The thing isn't the cloak, nor is it the robotic core. Its the combination between them, more than the sum of its parts. So long as one exists, the other will return, though perhaps not all at once.

2. It is a created thing, built by something like humans but above them. Similar but greater, more whole. It is a feeling more than anything; like being a small child staring up at your father. 

3. It is not connected to any sphere; somehow it is an existence beyond despite clearly being technological in nature. It is "The dream of another", beyond the ineffable nature of the God of Black Flame. It is not bound by the rules you understand or the rules of the world. It is antimatter to your matter. It is something built specifically to combat your world.  That cloak in particular seems to be a beacon of anti-existence. You get the feeling that when you blew it away earlier, that was some sort of canceling reaction; the two forces canceling each other out.

4. You get the feeling that these things used to exist in some number; that this is not some singular existence, just a long survivor of an ancient war. There are ways to kill it, that much is clear. But you have the distinct feeling that directing diving at it is either not gonna work or is gonna have to be done only once that cloak is stripped away and it is momentarily weakened.

5. When it moved through the explosion elemental, it was hijacking the sphere to repair its body. You have that very distinct feeling. The cloak will repair the body, the body will repair the cloak.  Overwhelming force both conventional and divine is needed; they both have to be destroyed at once or it will just keep coming.

And then you fall over in a quivering pile.

Halt my retreat for now. Do one of three things depending on how the warrior reacts.

-If it seems intent on talking, attempt to ask it about the crystal race. Focus on the crystal overmind and how the race came to its end, but any info will do.

-If gets violent, attempt to stoneform a spike from behind it to pierce it through the chest. Should that fail, attempt to have the ground clamp one of its feet/legs to keep it immobile

-If things go topsy-turvy and Kara continues retreating, stick with her

Drett hesitates at the lull of combat and the destruction of the elemental, rifle barrel dipping.

Hold on that retreat and listen. Unless the damn thing's angry we shot at it. Then a firing retreat is in the works.

Drett
"Betraying the Chthonic gods now is most foolish.  I have no great loyalty to them, but I do have trust in the saint which granted us this mission.  This murderous being lies, and cannot be loosed upon the defenseless innocents above us."

Drop Ashul, return to the front, and take up a defensive position.  Intercept the warrior if it attacks, parrying or attacking (with the murakumo) as opportunity provides.  Do not, however, make the first move.  Instead, shout the following:

"Warrior!  If you wish to stop and speak, as some of my compatriots do, I shall not attack!  But if you continue to attack, I will respond in like kind!"

"Thanks for dealing with the elemental, can we please stop fighting now? I don't want to fight you, all I want to do is to talk and learn more about the ancient humans and about what you said earlier. I hope you'll forgive us for attacking you unprovoked, but you should know that this wasn't planned, I think most of us were ready to talk before deciding what to do."

Attempt diplomacy. Drop my rifle as a sign of trust. Blast the warrior with the moonblade if it isn't interested in stopping the conflict.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

I was wrought from the cloth of heaven and the bones of earth. I am the hope of generations, who gave their lives for a singular dream. You my seek my end, Honored Remnants, Misguided Children, but I shall not fall. Not till that Sepulchral Mind is vanquished and this world rid of shadow shall I rest. None shall trample the dreams of humanity.

Air begins to suck inward, into the chamber, with a rising howl.  The ancient warrior's grows, cloak swelling and gaining greater solidity, transforming from the image of a hero to a figure of pure and blinding light. The entire being seems to grow, expanding, wings unfurling, light growing ever brighter. Red lightning crackles across the room and roars down the hall, lashing great ashen wounds into the red stone.  Still the being grows larger,  bending low as its head reaches the ceiling. The world quakes and the wind rises to a scream that threatens to swallow all who listen. Figures of light, like men but grander, seem to step forward from somewhere in the blinding light and stare back, faceless and filled with terrible wrath. The white figures around it begin to sing, voices rising and joining the wind until their words are one and the same. The warrior is now crouching, barely constrained by the room, its mouth a maw of white on white, hangs near the doorway.  Over the mayhem its voice rings out with absolute authority.
ALL DARKNESS SHALL FALL BEFORE THE LIGHT OF MAN!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2227 on: September 06, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »

Screw man's light. And screw man's darkness. I'm not dying for either. All I care about is the glint of Corven gold.
Kara run up to AsHul and helped him mount Crystal Friend. As she did so, she shook him violently and yelled at him in the hope of bringing him to his senses.
"Seal the damn thing in!"

Shake and shout AsHul. Help him mount Crystal Friend and ride to safety. If Crystal Friend can't carry two, then I'll run after him on foot.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: September 06, 2019, 05:46:09 pm »

Run/fly out of the room as fast as my legs/wings can carry me(do whichever will get me out faster)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:46:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 06, 2019, 07:14:42 pm »

"Hrrrrg. Bhrbhuhuhuhuh. Gyyyyach."

Seal the entity in the room. If I have to drag my carcass to teh door by my twisted, lumpy lips, to seal it it, do so. Otherwise, trust the power and Will of the Saint, and get that room closed with the monster inside.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2230 on: September 06, 2019, 08:20:36 pm »

"I've already explained it. Most of us have no intention of killing you, I certainly don't want to do such a thing. Likewise I doubt any of us would want to trample the dreams of humanity, least of all us humans, but you have yet to explain what exactly these dreams are. Infact you haven't explained anything about what you said to us, how are we supposed to make logical decision on things we know nothing about? How are we, us humans, supposed to act in accordance to the dreams of our ancestors if we don't even know what their dreams are?

You have to explain everything to us in detail and from the very beginning. Why don't you start with your origin and how you came to be imprisoned here?"

Distract the warrior with more diplomacy. Should it notice that we're planning to seal it in, blast it with the moonblade and attempt to keep both it and the figures of light from attacking the others.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 07, 2019, 12:02:56 pm »

If it seems like Ashul/other people are going to try and seal the warrior in the room, help out by stoneforming a pillar from in front of him to knock him back further into the room.

If sealing the warrior in fails or if nobody tries to seal it in the first place, join Kara in retreating.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 07, 2019, 12:38:45 pm »

Assist Ashul with his attempted sealing if I see any opportunity to do so, eg, supporting his sword arm if he has trouble raising it.

Drag him away from this mess if the sealing fails.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2233 on: September 10, 2019, 10:40:35 am »

Assist Ashul with his attempted sealing if I see any opportunity to do so, eg, supporting his sword arm if he has trouble raising it.

Drag him away from this mess if the sealing fails.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
If it seems like Ashul/other people are going to try and seal the warrior in the room, help out by stoneforming a pillar from in front of him to knock him back further into the room.

If sealing the warrior in fails or if nobody tries to seal it in the first place, join Kara in retreating.

"I've already explained it. Most of us have no intention of killing you, I certainly don't want to do such a thing. Likewise I doubt any of us would want to trample the dreams of humanity, least of all us humans, but you have yet to explain what exactly these dreams are. Infact you haven't explained anything about what you said to us, how are we supposed to make logical decision on things we know nothing about? How are we, us humans, supposed to act in accordance to the dreams of our ancestors if we don't even know what their dreams are?

You have to explain everything to us in detail and from the very beginning. Why don't you start with your origin and how you came to be imprisoned here?"

Distract the warrior with more diplomacy. Should it notice that we're planning to seal it in, blast it with the moonblade and attempt to keep both it and the figures of light from attacking the others.
"Hrrrrg. Bhrbhuhuhuhuh. Gyyyyach."

Seal the entity in the room. If I have to drag my carcass to teh door by my twisted, lumpy lips, to seal it it, do so. Otherwise, trust the power and Will of the Saint, and get that room closed with the monster inside.

Run/fly out of the room as fast as my legs/wings can carry me(do whichever will get me out faster)
Screw man's light. And screw man's darkness. I'm not dying for either. All I care about is the glint of Corven gold.
Kara run up to AsHul and helped him mount Crystal Friend. As she did so, she shook him violently and yelled at him in the hope of bringing him to his senses.
"Seal the damn thing in!"

Shake and shout AsHul. Help him mount Crystal Friend and ride to safety. If Crystal Friend can't carry two, then I'll run after him on foot.

[7]

Ashul lurches up into a sitting position and points at the doorway into what is apparently a living sun. He closes his eyes and doesn't dive, instead he simply asks the saint to close the door so that they might fight what is within when they are better prepared.  The glowing sword above his head darts foward and comes to rest in the doorway. It expands outward to form a cross across the door way and the red stone and white inner stone immediately flows in around it.  The Ancient warrior surges forth and slams against the barrier. A bit of it gets through, a few fragments of burning white, but the gateway slams shut and again everyone finds themselves standing in almost pure darkness. They're all completely blind for the moment, eyes used to being seared by light are now swimming in deep shadow and completely useless. The fragments of flame that squeezed through remain in the hall, writhing and burning slowly.

Everyone is safe for the moment, their ears ringing, staggered as the suction they were fighting against is cut off and they nearly fall over backwards. The tunnel, till moments ago a maelstrom, is now oddly quiet.

The burning sword slowly retracts to its smaller size and returns to Ashul.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2234 on: September 10, 2019, 11:48:12 am »

LOOOOOOT!
Edit: Try to trap the flame in my lighter and any other container I can use. Go back to the crawler to leave the looted flame and get more containers.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:55:01 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 231