Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381084 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2250 on: September 16, 2019, 09:20:55 am »

"A hint of it's origins. A vision of it's purpose. A conviction of it's enmity."

To Empyrean! Hopefully Deep Walker Leon hasn't left for his Deep Walk yet. Either way, let's try to meet wit hhim or someone else important to discuss what we've experienced.

On the journey (regardless of whether we go t oEmpyrean or someplace else), AsHul will Dive to Telazch, since he hasn't successfully been there yet.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:17:50 pm by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: September 16, 2019, 10:18:00 am »

"A hint of it's origins. A vision of it's purpose. A conviction of it's enmity."

To Empyrean! Hopefully Deep Walker Leon hasn't left for his Deep Walk yet. Either way, let's try to meet wit hhim or someone else important to discuss what we've experienced.

On the journey (regardless of whether we go t oEmpyrean or someplace else), AsHul will Dive to Telazch, since he hasn't successfully been there yet.

[/quote]
"What is its purpose?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2252 on: September 17, 2019, 03:03:45 pm »

"If I were to find the crystal overmind and get a hold of an army of crystal people and or a crystal superweapon, I'd totally help you smack this guy around. Just saying."

To empyrean, apparently. On the journey, thoroughly check out the chunk of red rock-ish material I brought with me with stonesensing, see what kind of special properties it might possess.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: September 17, 2019, 04:33:46 pm »

"What is its purpose?"
"It wages war against the God of the Depths, from whom the Spheres of Reality arise."

"If I were to find the crystal overmind and get a hold of an army of crystal people and or a crystal superweapon, I'd totally help you smack this guy around. Just saying."

To empyrean, apparently. On the journey, thoroughly check out the chunk of red rock-ish material I brought with me with stonesensing, see what kind of special properties it might possess.

"I see no reason not to assist you in your quest, Friend Clate. MIght I suggest searching among the suffering and ill for followers? Those whose natural bodies offer naught but suffering are most easily persuaded to cast them aside."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: September 17, 2019, 04:51:03 pm »

"What is its purpose?"
"It wages war against the God of the Depths, from whom the Spheres of Reality arise."
Wouldn’t that destroy it as well? Without the spheres, nothing exists

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: September 17, 2019, 09:29:52 pm »

"I did not say it was a reasonable creature, nor that it was one interested in self preservation. It fights on behalf of long dead masters, masters who themselves brought about their own end."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: September 18, 2019, 06:08:20 am »

"I did not say it was a reasonable creature, nor that it was one interested in self preservation. It fights on behalf of long dead masters, masters who themselves brought about their own end."
why would anyone want to destroy reality? This makes no sense

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: September 18, 2019, 07:04:26 am »

"We should go give the sword back to the Saint before we go I think. We didn't finish the job, we don't really have any further claim to it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: September 18, 2019, 07:53:59 am »

"We should go give the sword back to the Saint before we go I think. We didn't finish the job, we don't really have any further claim to it."
Sounds like a good idea

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: September 18, 2019, 08:52:51 am »

Sounds like a good idea
"The sword is a mark of service, not a payment for deeds rendered. I intend to complete this service, by the will of the Saint. Do not worry, friend Adam, the Saint is patient. This task has waited many generations to complete, I am sure a few months will matter little."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:04:28 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: September 18, 2019, 09:52:03 am »

"I see no reason not to assist you in your quest, Friend Clate. MIght I suggest searching among the suffering and ill for followers? Those whose natural bodies offer naught but suffering are most easily persuaded to cast them aside."

An excellent suggestion. First I will have to be able to recreate the effects of the crystal toothpick, of course, but all in due time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: September 18, 2019, 10:17:55 am »

I might be able to help

"I can fix both of those problems, for a small fee of course.”
”I don’t have a lot of money at the moment. I spent most of it on the Relic Fragment, a rubber suit, some Silent Night, and a Dynamo Lantern”
Five turns since Silent Night consumption

Hotfire90

« Reply #2262 on: September 18, 2019, 11:11:33 am »

”I don’t have a lot of money at the moment. I spent most of it on the Relic Fragment, a rubber suit, some Silent Night, and a Dynamo Lantern”
"You can pay me later, I need to build them first anyway. Just tell me what you want."

"I've got enough chemicals to make a gigantic explosive. With the help of our Ethral friends, I am certain we could craft one nasty explosive."
"I can get started on it right away. Do you already have something in mind regarding how powerful it should be?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: September 18, 2019, 11:36:19 am »

"You can pay me later, I need to build them first anyway. Just tell me what you want."
I’m thinking a ranged weapon. We need something that can affect metal to attack that thing, so a bow and arrow won’t work too well. Maybe a gun of some sort?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2264 on: September 18, 2019, 12:22:42 pm »

To Empyrean it is then. I'll assume someone is subtracting the fuel required to stomp your way back (36 spaces).

[19]
Ashul attempts to dive and instead ends up spending most of the trip curled up in his bunk with extreme nausea and delusions. These pass eventually but not before they reach Empyrean.
[9]

Clate considers the red stone.  He notices that it begins to...wither away as the bore gets further from the Messenger path until it resembles a combination of sandstone and jerky. It becomes a fair bit smaller, flatter, and its consistency changes to be almost powdery. As per the special properties it possesses, Clate concludes that the stone is not dissimilar to his own flesh; it is stone but also alive, different from the rest of the golden veined stone in the path. Or perhaps it is the same, but in a different state? Like the difference between normal flesh and inflamed flesh.

Alright, we're in Empyrean.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 231