Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385073 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2280 on: September 26, 2019, 02:06:06 pm »

Copy from the dictionary, 20 pages should be enough for my translating needs. The team fund will pay for any expenses.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: September 26, 2019, 02:12:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know much, I just know that Ashul is a Diver and according to the group Adam may have seen/heard the word of God. The creature was found in a tunnel of stone that looks like flesh, in a cyst of this tunnel with dead walls"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2282 on: September 26, 2019, 07:26:42 pm »

Wait patiently and with interest. I don't believe AsHul ever got Adam's full story anyway.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: September 26, 2019, 08:40:16 pm »

Touch it?
After all, it would be rather hard for Harm to stick her dick in it… Aaand I’m done querying that line of thinking, before the next natural step proceeds itself.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: September 27, 2019, 07:06:36 pm »

Uhhhh I play a combat character and don't really follow the plot or anything so...

Look around for someone who can fix or replace the guard rifle, I guess?  I assume it'll cost money, which Nyw doesn't carry, so he'll ask about doing some work as payment.  Failing that, look for a bounty board, I suppose.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: September 28, 2019, 09:30:06 am »

((Sorry Oz, thought that you'd go first since you posted earlier like usual, but I should have considered the potential for DRAMA to interrupt our regularly scheduled programming.))

Tell the truth.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: September 29, 2019, 06:12:57 am »

Its an Ethral city so it might be worth talking to the director of the archive there; maybe they can get you in.

That's the main thing we're going for. As for keeping me for experiments, tell them that's a no-go. Mostly because of time constraints, we really want to leave as soon as possible. ((Meta, we really want to get going and we don't want other players to be waiting on us to finish up playing doktor with these ethral)) However, I will offer to answer any questions they have right now to the best of my abilities, and maybe show them my stoneforming abilities if they so desire.

Here's the current deal:

Selling:
- kidnapper bell
- 'Beautiful Temper'
- 'a hollow echo'
- the chunk of red stone from our fight
- 5 material replicating octahedrons
- Whatever questions concerning me being a crystal person they want to ask (answered to the best of my ability), along with a demonstration of the stoneforming powers if they so wish

Buying, in order of importance:
- An "in" to the place we're going, as you mentioned last turn. Like a letter of introduction to the director of the archive there.
- Ask if they've got any untranslated crystal people tablets/writing I could take a jab at
- Ask if they've got any crystal people artifacts that they can't figure out the use of that I can have
- Whatever value of the stuff I sold that wasn't used up by the above items paid out in straight cash

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2287 on: September 30, 2019, 10:07:47 am »

Copy from the dictionary, 20 pages should be enough for my translating needs. The team fund will pay for any expenses.

Done. Just make sure someone subtracts that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know much, I just know that Ashul is a Diver and according to the group Adam may have seen/heard the word of God. The creature was found in a tunnel of stone that looks like flesh, in a cyst of this tunnel with dead walls"

They ask you for specific information about where they are now, where the bore is now, and other things that make it very much seem like they're about to start a raid.

Touch it?
After all, it would be rather hard for Harm to stick her dick in it… Aaand I’m done querying that line of thinking, before the next natural step proceeds itself.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Good idea. Never give me an inch. Wait that came out wrong...

You touch the web of lies.  [19] You get the equivalent of "SAMPLE TEXT" pounded straight into your head. And you believe it utterly, which is an extremely odd sensation because you have no idea what it even means or whats going on. You just know that the meaningless burst of mental noise you just "heard" is true.

Uhhhh I play a combat character and don't really follow the plot or anything so...

Look around for someone who can fix or replace the guard rifle, I guess?  I assume it'll cost money, which Nyw doesn't carry, so he'll ask about doing some work as payment.  Failing that, look for a bounty board, I suppose.

You could always pull from the team fund. Or ask one of our existing weapon smiths to do it for you so they finally have work. Alternatively, it will cost 15 fathoms to repair and they would accept manual labor at their shop as payment, though it will take a while to pay it off like that.

A bounty board exists as well and there are several bounties available around here. Most appear to be "Heretical speakers" or what is just called a "Luminary", whatever that is. They're all capture alive, with a few exceptions for robbers and more conventional criminals.

((Sorry Oz, thought that you'd go first since you posted earlier like usual, but I should have considered the potential for DRAMA to interrupt our regularly scheduled programming.))

Tell the truth.

Wait patiently and with interest. I don't believe AsHul ever got Adam's full story anyway.

You tell the truth about your encounter and about your new vision.  Leon barely blinks though the whole thing and just stares very hard at you. Its pretty uncomfortable .

When you finish he steps back and begins speaking, not looking at you.

"That is blasphemy, though unintentional. The black flames are built as safeguards for pilgrims...wide range En interference..."

He turns his attention to you again.

"Exposure to the Word should create Living Saints or, more often, True Saints. Your interference with it has left you changed but...oddly. You should have had the mysteries of the spheres laid bare to you but instead their influence is hidden from you. A fitting punishment. But I wonder; you have had that vision of yours suffused with En; perhaps there is  more to that vision than you know. Tell me, have you ever tired to make something vanish from your sight?"

Its an Ethral city so it might be worth talking to the director of the archive there; maybe they can get you in.

That's the main thing we're going for. As for keeping me for experiments, tell them that's a no-go. Mostly because of time constraints, we really want to leave as soon as possible. ((Meta, we really want to get going and we don't want other players to be waiting on us to finish up playing doktor with these ethral)) However, I will offer to answer any questions they have right now to the best of my abilities, and maybe show them my stoneforming abilities if they so desire.

Here's the current deal:

Selling:
- kidnapper bell
- 'Beautiful Temper'
- 'a hollow echo'
- the chunk of red stone from our fight
- 5 material replicating octahedrons
- Whatever questions concerning me being a crystal person they want to ask (answered to the best of my ability), along with a demonstration of the stoneforming powers if they so wish

Buying, in order of importance:
- An "in" to the place we're going, as you mentioned last turn. Like a letter of introduction to the director of the archive there.
- Ask if they've got any untranslated crystal people tablets/writing I could take a jab at
- Ask if they've got any crystal people artifacts that they can't figure out the use of that I can have
- Whatever value of the stuff I sold that wasn't used up by the above items paid out in straight cash

Alright.

For the letter they covertly supply you with a small silver pendant in the shape of a compound eye wreathed in white fire and nothing more. You suppose you'll know when to use it.

For the writing they ask if copies will suffice or if only the original crystal will do. They are loathe to give up the original crystal tablets you see; as they are unique specimens. But they would pay you to translate for them.

They say they have none here, but at the...other place...they have very many and write you a sort of promissory note for access to...well you can't really understand it. It seems to be a complex formula for how many artifacts you can have referencing rarity of the artifact and other factors.

As a flat payment, with the promise of artifacts later, they offer 200 fathoms.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: September 30, 2019, 10:19:48 am »

Continue being abominable. And quiet.
((no worries, Radio. Not everything goes to any kind of plan. I don't mind waiting for the other shoe to drop, as it were.

Speaking of other shoes, Both the kara/Clate heresy and naturegirl's efforts at maligning our good name seem opt be progressing nicely.
Looks like a war is brewing between ... someone , and .... someone else. Maybe.
Either way, looks like AsHul and Adam are in for a bumpy ride.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: September 30, 2019, 11:04:59 am »

ask questions to stall them
”why are you asking about the bore?”
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:26:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2290 on: September 30, 2019, 03:05:56 pm »

Return to the bore, it's time to tinker. We appear to have 50 chemical junk in total, how strong of an explosive compared to regular TNT can I make with that amount of junk? As for the bomb itself, I'm aiming for it to be three times as powerful as regular TNT, how much junk would that require, both for the bomb itself and for the explosives? Also disassemble one of the bomb collars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2291 on: September 30, 2019, 03:48:43 pm »

Help Clate with translating his tablets. If he doesn't want help, help Alex with translating his books, if he lets me do so. Hopefully my skill in archeology or translation will help.

If neither want help, then go help Nyw with the search for his bounty. Maybe my corven eyes or my slightly better ability to speak and bribe can be of use to him.

If I can't find him... then go play fetch with Crystal Friend while listening for any interesting radio broadcasts, I guess.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: September 30, 2019, 04:17:52 pm »

I'll take that deal. So that's the silver access pendant, artifact promissory note, and 200 fathoms. I'll also try to translate their tablets for an extra 150, as you mentioned on discord. Let Kara help with that if she wants.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 01, 2019, 01:38:04 pm »

"I... At the time, I acted according to the best of my theological knowledge, and figured that the universal symbol of our church and our god would identify me as a faithful to the Word. It seems, however, that my ambition far outstripped my understanding. I shall seek penance to atone for the transgression, and the knowledge to prevent another one. I would be humbled if you could advise me on both these matters.

As for your question, I have not. I am willing to try it, though perhaps we should consider some countermeasures in case something goes wrong, or I can't control it? I may not know much, but I know enough to realize that En is not a sphere to be trifled with carelessly."

Texto.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 01, 2019, 05:18:16 pm »

Go for one of the smaller criminal bounties.  Something that pays around... 40 fathoms or so.  That'd be 15 for Nyw, 15 for Kara if she comes, and 5 for each of the NPC hirelings, if they even get their own payment.  If Kara doesn't come, or the NPCs just don't get money, whatever is cheapest but still above 15 fathoms for Nyw.

If he's alone, Nyw will have the two hirelings stick together and do the looking around and any asking of questions, as they're undoubtably more subtle than a two-meter tall heavily armored and armed Honored Dead.  Nyw will try to stay nearby, as much as is possible without completely ruining any hope of subtlety.  If Kara comes, she can do the searching, because she is undoubtably leauges more competent than some random human teens.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 231