Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384249 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2310 on: October 09, 2019, 08:29:30 pm »

Make a 50lbs bomb which is 5 chemical and 15 structural junk. How much structural junk did I get from disassembling the bomb collar?
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 09, 2019, 10:07:28 pm »

"I expected worse."

Welp, toss another smoke grenade, and rush after him.  Same plan as before; people who aren't dangerous get disarmed and/or knocked unonscious, people who are clearly threatening or too well-armed get the murakumo.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 10, 2019, 01:02:03 pm »

If we are in radio range, ask our teammates for the names of the people accosting the bore. Then mention to Leon that one of our associates might already have said a bit too much before we got a chance to tell them to hush it, and ask if he can get the priests that are taking interest in our bore off our tail, or at least distract them so we can hoof it until things calm down.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2313 on: October 12, 2019, 01:49:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I suppose that makes sense"
Lead them to the bore
Welp.

1. See if somebody wants to buy the Web of Lies.

2. Look for things which would give me an elemental energy source (typical RPG fire, ice, poison, lighting ect.). See if there’s anything else which would be useful for making weapons.

3. See if anyone has anything relating to the crystal people.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
The best price you can find for it is 225 fathoms.

Now are you looking for something you can jam into a weapon to make it have those properties? Such things are actually fairly common among combat divers and those supplied by them. Fire, electricity, and more obscure things like kinetic energy and accelerated time are all available, though the "power" and obscurity of them can increase their price. Or are you looking for a sort of "Endless source" ie like a fire that never goes out or a thing that constantly outputs electricity?

There are a few things, tablets, artifacts, those little crystal creatures, even smaller version of the "Star Dragon". Much smaller actually, looks more suited for cleaning pipes than terrifying the locals.

Make a 50lbs bomb which is 5 chemical and 15 structural junk. How much structural junk did I get from disassembling the bomb collar?
Done. Shall we store it in the cargo bay? I need a location for it for...well catastrophic failure purposes.

"I expected worse."

Welp, toss another smoke grenade, and rush after him.  Same plan as before; people who aren't dangerous get disarmed and/or knocked unonscious, people who are clearly threatening or too well-armed get the murakumo.

You lob another grenade in and run around the corner where the man just raced off.  You find him to be waiting for you maybe 15-20 feet away, gun pointed at the doorway.

[5][15]

You duck and juke to the side and the slug hisses over your shoulder. You close the distance as he pumps the gun and take a swing at him with your blade. You aim for the gun itself, hoping to cut it in half and render the man defenseless. However, he scrambles back as you charge in and the blow glances off the gun, doing little but drawing sparks and maybe a thin fragment of metal.

Two more men charge into the room, one armed with a bat and the other apparently unarmed. The one with the bat circles around behind some shelves, apparently moving in to attack you from behind while the unarmed man ducks back out of the room. The smoke has spread out a good deal by now and its growing difficult to see more than 10 or so feet. You keep near the man with the gun, following his retreat. There's shouting somewhere overhead, probably on a second floor.

More discussion with Leon and Adam.

"Forgive my confusion, Deepwalker, but what do you mean when you say the Church will take action toward us? I am under the impression that you yourself are an important personage within the Church. Who is it that we need be wary of, and will having involved you in our personal, spiritual matters bring trouble on your office from the Church at large?"

If Kara contacts us, respond at an appropriate time, letting her know that there is an interested buyer for the 'souvenir' we brought back - a highly motivated buyer.

"I mean they'll want to keep an eye on you. Assign watchers, limit your risk, track your progress and location, etc. Maybe go further, maybe keep you around for a while and ask you questions, run some tests. Maybe more. People like you are of great importance to the Church and some are more prone to invasive behavior than others. The exact actions taken will depend who hears about it first.  I am high enough in the Church to have some sway but there are many above me; I could make suggestions and influence things to a degree but if one of the...Well, lets just say I cannot shield you from everything. I am just a tool of the faith, after all."

If I spot the zealots coming to the bore, then lock all access points and undock. Else just do my best to keep them out of the bore.

Regardless, contact our Cthonic teammates to let them know of the situation.

Then try to convince the Zealots everything is fine by showing them the paperwork we got from the Church giving us the bore and telling them that Deep Walker Leon sanctioned our mission. As for Koste, as they've probably seen, the moth is not too bright (pun intended). We promise we'll do our best to keep a closer eye on her in the future so that she doesn't get herself into more trouble.

If zealots try to come on board the bore regardless of my warnings, then undock and close all access points while I await for Yagyu and AsHul to resolve the issue. If they continue to be aggressive, then run away. From what I understand we're pretty close to the Eastern tunnel so we should be able to escape easily.

Once I've lost them drill away from the main tunnel. Try to remain in radio range of Empyrean though so we can hopefully pick up any transmissions from our teammates. Don't want to split the party, after all.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
If we are in radio range, ask our teammates for the names of the people accosting the bore. Then mention to Leon that one of our associates might already have said a bit too much before we got a chance to tell them to hush it, and ask if he can get the priests that are taking interest in our bore off our tail, or at least distract them so we can hoof it until things calm down.

Having followed Kara to the Bore, stay out of sight and/or act like your run-off-the mill golem as she tries to smooth talk the zealots into staying away.

If they do try to board, help with locking the place down and repelling the invaders if they come inside. Agressively. I've got three crystal babies with me, and I'm not afraid to use them.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Indeed Koste does return to the bore with a procession however it is not quite what people might have expected. Not a holy swat team here to kick down doors and wrestle out the interesting teammates. Instead it is a relatively small group of what appear to be ordinary humans. Not like the procession from way back when this began, flanked by combat divers and aboms, instead maybe 15 or so men and women in gray robes following behind a woman in darker robes, walking in two single file lines. They stop outside the bore and the woman in front very politely asks to be allowed in and given an audience with "Adam" and "Aszul".  Koste, standing beside the woman in black seems to consider correcting her but then thinks better of it and remains quiet.

Kara, acting as polite as possible, basically says "They're not home, we don't want no trouble, please go away."

The leader of the group apparently ignores the last bit and asks if the two will be back soon. They have much they want to discuss with them. She promises no harm will come to them and nothing will be forced upon them. They -and their stories- are simply of great interest to the Church

Kara then brings up Deepwalker Leon and fibs a bit about how their actions were sanctioned by him, and then tries her best to downplay Koste's stories.

The leader seems mildly surprised by the first bit but simply responds to the second by saying that talking to the two would be the best way to straighten things out. She's been very polite and civil the whole time but also a bit creepily unperturbed.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 12, 2019, 02:46:08 pm »

"They should be back eventually, we can all wait here. The more people that are here the less likely the place is to be targeted by theived"Wait with the robed people for Addam and Ashul

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2315 on: October 12, 2019, 03:58:24 pm »

"You're free to wait here all you want. It's a free country underworld. That being said, this is my bore, so..."
Slam the door shut and lock it.

I have a rather silly idea for rescuing Koste. Could I program the bore to raise itself on its legs and then use the rope we have attached at the bottom of the bore to do a bungee jump, grab Koste and then have the bore drill pull us up? Alternatively, could Clate and Alex operate the bore to help me do so?

Alternatively, could I craft some sleeping gas with some chemical junk? Would it work on the group of Cthonics or would the convection currents just blow it away?

@Adam&AsHul: : Hey guys, our moth 'friend' brought a dozen or so 'guests' on our doorstep. Some creepy Cthonic fanboys of yours that really want to meet you and 'talk' with you. They're very insistent. They say they'll wait here for you. How do you wanna play this? Want me to ditch them? We can always set up a meeting point in the tunnels. :

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:12:06 am by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 12, 2019, 04:13:57 pm »

Sell the Web of Lies, I’m sure it’s cool
And all, but I like money.

I have a few different price inquiries.
1, how much for a magic gun mod (preferably corrosive or burning)
2, how much for an elemental energy source?
3, how much for a magical energy source which could fuel other magic stuff?
4, how much for a component which could channel an engergy source into a beam/blast?
5, anything else interesting; how much?
6, how much for the mini-star dragon?

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 12, 2019, 09:59:13 pm »

Continuing as before; chase down the shotgunner, murakumo dangerous people, punch unarmed and unthreatening people.  If Nyw gets within reach of that shotgun again, instead of hacking at it he'll grab it with his empty hand and tear it out of the guy's reach.  It's worth as much as the bounty, after all.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 13, 2019, 05:44:44 am »

Mention to Leon that one of our associates might already have said a bit too much before we got a chance to tell them to hush it, and ask if he can get the priests that are taking interest in our bore off our tail, or at least distract them so we can hoof it until things calm down.

If that's not an option and we should talk our own way out of it, then request a hooded robe and some makeup for Adam (to hide his altered look and black veins and such) and a large mitre-style hat for Ashul (large enough to encapsulate and hide that sword). In that case, also say following to Ashul:

"We'll have to get our stories straight. How about, for both occasions, we just say we encountered the word and the saint and worshipped it, but skip over the touching and the swording and the holy mission of god? We'll say that the parts after the initial encounter are just a silly Ethral's overactive imagination. That way we give them something to hopefully slake their curiosity without giving away anything we shouldn't."

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:52:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 13, 2019, 03:42:40 pm »

Stay out of sight until Kara slams the door shut in their faces.

Then stay on the lookout. If they attempt to force their way inside, attempt to stop them. If they manage to get inside, evict them with extreme prejudice.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2320 on: October 14, 2019, 07:01:23 am »

To Adam:
"I recommend that we do not reply to Honorable Kara's call, Friend Adam. Likely, the other interested parties are listening in. We may need to leave Empyrean immediately and with haste. Friend Kara makes a reasonable suggestion about meeting up again, outside the immediate reach of our more ... aggressive fellow Chthonics. Perhaps the Deepwalker's staff could send a coded message after we have left.

As for our stories, I agree that the less information we share, the better. In all honesty, I do not see why the Church would be particularly interested in my own situation: I have gained only a task, and the power to complete that task. If they wanted more, one would think they could seek out the Saint themselves.

As for you, as long as they do not look too closely through the Depths, you could perhaps feign relative normalcy. But I doubt that will work on these persons. They have already tracked us to the Bore, and that new Diver of ours seems to have given them more than we would like."

To Leon:

"Deepwalker, your patronage is appreciated. I am your servant. i have a task to do, given by a Saint. But outside of that, I will honor your efforts with loyalty and service."

Hotfire90

« Reply #2321 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:29 am »

Put it in the cargo bay along with the other materials I got from dismantling the bomb collar. After that it's time to translate the books, starting with their titles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2322 on: October 16, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »

"They should be back eventually, we can all wait here. The more people that are here the less likely the place is to be targeted by theived"Wait with the robed people for Addam and Ashul
[Traitor intensifies]

Sell the Web of Lies, I’m sure it’s cool
And all, but I like money.

I have a few different price inquiries.
1, how much for a magic gun mod (preferably corrosive or burning)
2, how much for an elemental energy source?
3, how much for a magical energy source which could fuel other magic stuff?
4, how much for a component which could channel an engergy source into a beam/blast?
5, anything else interesting; how much?
6, how much for the mini-star dragon?

Ok.

1. Lowest power ones are in the 75 ish range but they go up to over 1000 at the highest powers.
2. Again, depends on the output. Smallest ones are like 15, but they go up to being in the 10,000s.
3. You're gonna have to be more specific; but diving really doesn't work like that?
4. Thats more a diving spell than anything, though you could get a custom enchanted item for that purpose for anything from 30 up depending on quality and amount of energy it needs to focus.
5. Too vague my boy.
6. 350.

Put it in the cargo bay along with the other materials I got from dismantling the bomb collar. After that it's time to translate the books, starting with their titles.
Alright.

The titles are

Curiosities of Civilization by Andrew Wynter
The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction. Volume 14, No. 393
Devil Worship: The Sacred Books and Traditions of the Yezidiz by Isya Joseph
An Essay to the Restoring of our Decayed Trade. by Joseph Trevers
Gone to Earth by Mary Gladys Meredith Webb
The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion

To Adam:
"I recommend that we do not reply to Honorable Kara's call, Friend Adam. Likely, the other interested parties are listening in. We may need to leave Empyrean immediately and with haste. Friend Kara makes a reasonable suggestion about meeting up again, outside the immediate reach of our more ... aggressive fellow Chthonics. Perhaps the Deepwalker's staff could send a coded message after we have left.

As for our stories, I agree that the less information we share, the better. In all honesty, I do not see why the Church would be particularly interested in my own situation: I have gained only a task, and the power to complete that task. If they wanted more, one would think they could seek out the Saint themselves.

As for you, as long as they do not look too closely through the Depths, you could perhaps feign relative normalcy. But I doubt that will work on these persons. They have already tracked us to the Bore, and that new Diver of ours seems to have given them more than we would like."

To Leon:

"Deepwalker, your patronage is appreciated. I am your servant. i have a task to do, given by a Saint. But outside of that, I will honor your efforts with loyalty and service."

Leon basically just nods. He lets you know that he'll be in contact and tells you to get out of town for the moment, if you can.

Mention to Leon that one of our associates might already have said a bit too much before we got a chance to tell them to hush it, and ask if he can get the priests that are taking interest in our bore off our tail, or at least distract them so we can hoof it until things calm down.

If that's not an option and we should talk our own way out of it, then request a hooded robe and some makeup for Adam (to hide his altered look and black veins and such) and a large mitre-style hat for Ashul (large enough to encapsulate and hide that sword). In that case, also say following to Ashul:

"We'll have to get our stories straight. How about, for both occasions, we just say we encountered the word and the saint and worshipped it, but skip over the touching and the swording and the holy mission of god? We'll say that the parts after the initial encounter are just a silly Ethral's overactive imagination. That way we give them something to hopefully slake their curiosity without giving away anything we shouldn't."

Leon asks if you know who the priests are or what their order is. You tell him you do not. He considers for a moment before saying that they're probably Darkseekers: apologists, missionaries, and unofficial recruiters/secret police.  They have some level of autonomy but his authority supersedes their own.  He tells you to tell Kara to tell them that he has already taken control of the situation.

"You're free to wait here all you want. It's a free country underworld. That being said, this is my bore, so..."
Slam the door shut and lock it.

I have a rather silly idea for rescuing Koste. Could I program the bore to raise itself on its legs and then use the rope we have attached at the bottom of the bore to do a bungee jump, grab Koste and then have the bore drill pull us up? Alternatively, could Clate and Alex operate the bore to help me do so?

Alternatively, could I craft some sleeping gas with some chemical junk? Would it work on the group of Cthonics or would the convection currents just blow it away?

@Adam&AsHul: : Hey guys, our moth 'friend' brought a dozen or so 'guests' on our doorstep. Some creepy Cthonic fanboys of yours that really want to meet you and 'talk' with you. They're very insistent. They say they'll wait here for you. How do you wanna play this? Want me to ditch them? We can always set up a meeting point in the tunnels. :

Rope doesn't really work as a bungee, though it is a great way to remove a foot you're tired of.

You could do that, or at least try to. But yes, it is fairly windy here, so you'd probably have to pour it on.

Stay out of sight until Kara slams the door shut in their faces.

Then stay on the lookout. If they attempt to force their way inside, attempt to stop them. If they manage to get inside, evict them with extreme prejudice.

Clate sits and waits.

Continuing as before; chase down the shotgunner, murakumo dangerous people, punch unarmed and unthreatening people.  If Nyw gets within reach of that shotgun again, instead of hacking at it he'll grab it with his empty hand and tear it out of the guy's reach.  It's worth as much as the bounty, after all.

[19][4][2]
You lumber after the man, slowed by your armor and great bulk. He frantically tries to take another shot at you but this time misses you so completely you don't even need to dodge. You lunge in after the shot and grab the gun with your free hand, yanking it out of the man's grasp and kicking him square in the chest. He goes sprawling, unconscious, as the man with the bat runs in behind you. The man clearly was just moving towards the noises and has to correct his course a bit, losing some momentum and the element of surprise.
[17][15][2]
Despite his rather ineffective ambush, you cannot turn fast enough to intercept the blow. The bat clangs off your pauldron with little effect and the man rebounds off you. You swat him on the head with your newly acquired  gun and he goes sprawling.  Those noises from above are coming down, though now the place is so smokey neither you or they will be able to see each other until you're just a few feet away. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 16, 2019, 12:38:30 pm »

[Traitor intensifies]
(I don't know if they plan to harm them, all I know is that they might be able to help against the warrior we almost got killed by. No one told me these people are bad)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2324 on: October 16, 2019, 08:10:06 pm »

((That's 6 titles for the 5 books I'm carrying, which is one title too many.))

I'm going to translate until the bore arrives back at the messenger path or until someone interrupts me with my translating.
Translation list in order of priority:
1. The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion
2. Gone to Earth
3. Curiosities of Civilization
4. An Essay to the Restoring of our Decayed Trade.
5. Devil Worship: The Sacred Books and Traditions of the Yezidiz
6. The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and Instruction. Volume 14, No. 393

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 231