Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386167 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2445 on: November 23, 2019, 12:12:12 pm »

If we head out, start leading the team towards the crystal uplink.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: November 23, 2019, 12:17:00 pm »

Rhea heads inside the Bore and looks for Nyw, upon finding him she asks Hi, I’m planning on going on the expedition. Could you give me my relic fragment please?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: November 23, 2019, 01:49:09 pm »

"Hmm?  Oh, hello again, Rhea.  I no longer possess your fragment, it was given to Adam, the pale human priest wearing a chestplate.  He is a wise, talented, and experienced diver; I suggest you stay close to him and ask for advice before you tamper with the spheres.  I believe he is also joining the expedition, so that should not be difficult to do."

Nyw then heads over to join up with Alex.  "I suppose I will join you, along with Gus and Baxter.  I... do not trust these moth cities, however.  The Ethral are a good people, but their architecture is willfully hostile to other races.  I... may not be of much help." he says bitterly.

Join up with Alex, and investigate with him.  Have Gus and Baxter follow along, but at some distance; tell them to try and avoid being obviously allied with us, and to keep an eye out for anyone else trailing us.

...Also, y'know what, have each of them take one of the low-caliber ethral rifles from the bore storage.  Nyw himself will take 10 fathoms and buy fifty bullets for his own rifle, while out.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 23, 2019, 02:00:04 pm »

”thank you”

Genet1k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 25, 2019, 12:36:07 pm »

Richard is surprised when Alex (whose name he doesn't know yet) rushes past him without saying anything - after all, that's a bit rude. Believing he is now, for all intents and purposes, a member of the crew he strides confidently inside the bore. When Alex is done with his announcement. Richard clears his throat.

"Hello everyone! I've been graciously allowed to join your crew. From now on, if you need medical assistance, I'm your man. My name is Richard. You can also call me Rick or Rich. But not Dick. Please. Now, there was something about finding a drug manufacturer. Drugs are a nasty business, aren't they? I feel somewhat duty bound to help rid the town of this poison. The money can't hurt, either.

(To Alex Wells) "Mind if I join you on this mission?"

Join the drug busting mission (assuming I can).

Spoiler: Richard Newguy, Human (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2450 on: November 25, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »

Won't be fucking with the seal any time soon, then.

Remain on the bore. AsHul will be spending his time designing a song that shapes and strengthens support structures like those in the Bore. Iron? Steel? Consider what kind of sacrifice would be reasonable to aid in enchanting a guitar with alteration (Sige). Additionally, consider how to make asacrifice hile playing a song to enhance/control the pseudo-Dive effect.

The bore is made of  an alloy that is mostly steel, so steel will work.

A good sacrifice would be the alteration or changing of something that is generally considered immutable. Like...gold or diamonds or anything that is valuable and non-reactive.  You could simply burn or alter it or whatever while the song plays.

Richard is surprised when Alex (whose name he doesn't know yet) rushes past him without saying anything - after all, that's a bit rude. Believing he is now, for all intents and purposes, a member of the crew he strides confidently inside the bore. When Alex is done with his announcement. Richard clears his throat.

"Hello everyone! I've been graciously allowed to join your crew. From now on, if you need medical assistance, I'm your man. My name is Richard. You can also call me Rick or Rich. But not Dick. Please. Now, there was something about finding a drug manufacturer. Drugs are a nasty business, aren't they? I feel somewhat duty bound to help rid the town of this poison. The money can't hurt, either.

(To Alex Wells) "Mind if I join you on this mission?"

Join the drug busting mission (assuming I can).

Spoiler: Richard Newguy, Human (click to show/hide)
"Hmm?  Oh, hello again, Rhea.  I no longer possess your fragment, it was given to Adam, the pale human priest wearing a chestplate.  He is a wise, talented, and experienced diver; I suggest you stay close to him and ask for advice before you tamper with the spheres.  I believe he is also joining the expedition, so that should not be difficult to do."

Nyw then heads over to join up with Alex.  "I suppose I will join you, along with Gus and Baxter.  I... do not trust these moth cities, however.  The Ethral are a good people, but their architecture is willfully hostile to other races.  I... may not be of much help." he says bitterly.

Join up with Alex, and investigate with him.  Have Gus and Baxter follow along, but at some distance; tell them to try and avoid being obviously allied with us, and to keep an eye out for anyone else trailing us.

...Also, y'know what, have each of them take one of the low-caliber ethral rifles from the bore storage.  Nyw himself will take 10 fathoms and buy fifty bullets for his own rifle, while out.

Armed with a new lucrative job, Alex returns back to the bore. Ignoring and brushing past AsHul and the visitor, directly heading to a spot where everyone on the bore can hear him.

"Hey everyone, I got us a very straightforward and lucrative job, all we have to do is to find the producer of this illegal drug called Haze and bring them to justice. The payout is over a thousand fathoms and I expect this to be an easy job, we just have to find the producer and capture them."

Any conditions for the bounty like bringing them in alive or do they not care about that? And what else do I know other than that the producer is still in town?

Start the bounty hunting by investigating the leads.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
The bounty is basically for the apprehension of the leader of the group making the drug, but this can mean either physically grabbing the guy and dragging him in OR gathering enough evidence that he can be arrested. You could also just kill him but they really want the drug operation crushed, not just under new management.

As per leads, the only real leads they have are the following:

1. There are general known areas where the drug tends to be sold, but no dealers have been apprehended. They only know the rough area of sale because people with the drug are more often picked up in those areas.

2. The drug is plant based and locally grown; they've ruled out that its coming from some outside source, either in whole or in part.

3. The drug is being distributed via some means other than the standard supplier to street dealer source. Hypothesis is that its going through business fronts, sort of like prohibition speak easys.

4. One or two of what are assumed to be workers who handled the product have been apprehended. They refused to talk and seem quite afraid; whoever is in control has power over his employees.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go with the others on the expedition
Make it very clear to everyone that we should be respectful and thankful to our moth friends for letting us explore their Crystal people ruins with them and should also be extra careful not to mess anything up or otherwise inconvenience them. Use sock puppets and very simple words if I have to.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
If we head out, start leading the team towards the crystal uplink.

Also yes, multiple knives to one point is possible,
1) Does this require a change in the dive required to make the knife or the destination portal?

as is one knife to multiple points, though the second is a lot more complex and will need a way to "Command" it to go somewhere specific.
2) Does this require a change in the dive required to make the knife or the destination portal?

3) Would something like a selection dial on the knife itself work, where you turn something like a little ring in the knife to select a destination portal?

Other that that, still ready to go.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
To Radio:
I mean, you have to target multiple knives instead of one. Its not a big change. Might require more reinforcement but thats about it. Also multiple people using it at the same time might telefrag but eh.

You'd need to change the dive to target those different portals, but the over all idea is the same.

As long as thats how you set the dive up to work, it would work.

I'll remind you guys that this is the moth's work here, you're just along for the ride. So you're not leading the way towards nothing. Also the moths are trundling around in little clean room suits, taking samples with tweezers and generally being excessively slow and deliberate. They're archeologists, not treasure hunters, and they don't really want you running off. They are interested in Clate's insights though and are constantly bringing random chunks of stone and crystal and what appear to be completely useless or meaningless artifacts up to him and demanding all kinds of information about them. They're essentially acting like very uptight parents bringing children around a museum.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2451 on: November 25, 2019, 08:33:34 pm »

"On the contrary dear Nyw, I expect you to be very helpful, especially if we should end up in a fight." Alex says, hopefully cheering the honored undead up a bit, before turning towards Richard.

"It can never hurt to have more doctors, well welcome aboard Richard and yes you can join.

So here's the deal, our job is to find and arrest the leader behind the production of this haze drug, we can either do that by simply identifying them and their whereabouts and grabbing them ourselves, or by gathering enough evidence to allow the authorities themselves to do the arrest. Killing the leader is out of the question, our job is to break up the entire production chain of the drug and by killing the leader we would only ensure that someone else will take their place.
This is an organized group, they're not distributing their product through ordinary street dealers, we will have to find out where exactly they sell their product, however we do know the general area where the drug is being sold, so we should start part of our investigation there. As for the other part, there are two suspected workers who have been arrested already, they've refused to talk so far, but maybe with the right convincing they can be made to talk.

We have two main leads, the areas in where the drug is being sold, and the arrested workers. You can choose which one you want to take Nyw, but I think you'd be best suited for interrogating and intimidating the workers, I've also got a thing for you if you choose to do that one. As for you Richard, choose one of us to follow, tag along and try to help out to the best of your abilities."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 26, 2019, 12:45:00 am »

Nyw pauses for a long few seconds when Alex asks which lead he'd like to investigate.  When he speaks, his voice is slow and hesitant.  "In all honesty, I am not suitable for either role.  I am not going to threaten people who in all likelihood were victimized by circumstance and those in power.  That said, there is the fact that if an honored dead starts asking questions in public, criminals suddenly become much more difficult to find.  I will interrogate the workers, then join you once I am done.  I suggest you take Gus and Baxter with you; there is strength in numbers, and they will feel rather bored waiting for me otherwise."

That said, Nyw turns toward the newly introduced doctor, his massive armored bulk looming over the man.  "Hello, Richard.  I am Nyw'geuq Otin Sunam, The Lords' Child, pleased to meet you.  I feel you may prefer to accompany Alex, investigating distribution, but I cannot complain if you join me.  A doctor's kind voice may help soothe these workers."

Nyw's gonna head to wherever those workers are being held, and ask to interrogate them about their employer.  Before meeting the, he will also ask about what kind of sentence the workers have, and whether they could be granted freedom in exchange for helping capture the boss.  Failing that, whether their sentence could be transferred to another authority, namely Nyw.

Oh yeah, and send the two human followers, Gus and Baxter, with Alex.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 26, 2019, 08:33:42 am »

which of you is Adam? Is it ok if I have the fragment back? I won’t use it any time soon
Rhea goes toward one of the moths and asks them what are you trying to learn about this place? What are you looking for?
Watch the moths work. Ask one of them about what they are trying to learn about this place
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:54:34 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 26, 2019, 08:43:09 am »

Head into the digsite. Use the Voice to try to figure out stuff about the ruins. Specifically whatever Clare thinks is important.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 26, 2019, 12:00:04 pm »

Cooperate with the expedition, but if possible, try to take a look around with wizard eyes to get a better idea of the general layout of the place. Only do so if I have a chance to do it unnoticed by the moths however. Any points of interest that jump out?
Also, hand the relic fragment back for now. I’ll try to rp it out later.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:36:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 26, 2019, 05:10:17 pm »

Clate sidles up to the moths and writes in their general direction

"Friend moths, please listen to me. You are bringing me doodads, trinkets, baubles. This is a waste of a good oppertunity and not worth your time. I can lead you to the parts of this city that hold crystal people artifacts of true value. Just let me take the lead and I will be able to show you things that have not been seen since the crystal people last existed as a people."

Attempt to persuade the moths to let me lead the group.

If succesful, lead us towards the crystal uplink.

If unsuccesful, sulk and follow the moths for now while looking for actual worthwhile things along the way.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2457 on: November 28, 2019, 02:33:53 pm »

Alex simply nods and heads out, taking Gus and Baxter with him.
Visit the general sale area and start my investigation by asking people what they think about haze, continue by asking them where I can buy some of it if their reaction was positive towards the drug.
Gus and Baxter will do the same thing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2458 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:39 am »

Nyw pauses for a long few seconds when Alex asks which lead he'd like to investigate.  When he speaks, his voice is slow and hesitant.  "In all honesty, I am not suitable for either role.  I am not going to threaten people who in all likelihood were victimized by circumstance and those in power.  That said, there is the fact that if an honored dead starts asking questions in public, criminals suddenly become much more difficult to find.  I will interrogate the workers, then join you once I am done.  I suggest you take Gus and Baxter with you; there is strength in numbers, and they will feel rather bored waiting for me otherwise."

That said, Nyw turns toward the newly introduced doctor, his massive armored bulk looming over the man.  "Hello, Richard.  I am Nyw'geuq Otin Sunam, The Lords' Child, pleased to meet you.  I feel you may prefer to accompany Alex, investigating distribution, but I cannot complain if you join me.  A doctor's kind voice may help soothe these workers."

Nyw's gonna head to wherever those workers are being held, and ask to interrogate them about their employer.  Before meeting the, he will also ask about what kind of sentence the workers have, and whether they could be granted freedom in exchange for helping capture the boss.  Failing that, whether their sentence could be transferred to another authority, namely Nyw.

Oh yeah, and send the two human followers, Gus and Baxter, with Alex.

The workers are being held at a local jail, awaiting transport to a prison somewhere out of town.  You head to the prison and ask to speak with them, as well as asking for details of their sentences. Both are readily given and you find that they've been given an average of 5 years, though a few have more due to past crimes. You ask if any of their sentences could be shortened or overturned entirely if they give information that could lead to the boss's capture.  According to the people at the jail, they don't have that power but helping the police could be grounds for a retrial or at least a reconsideration of the punishment. They offer no real guarantee about anything though. In reference to transferring their sentence to your custody, they tell you to take it up with the local justice. You would basically have to make a deal with a judge.

Gus and Baxter are sent after Alex.

Alex simply nods and heads out, taking Gus and Baxter with him.
Visit the general sale area and start my investigation by asking people what they think about haze, continue by asking them where I can buy some of it if their reaction was positive towards the drug.
Gus and Baxter will do the same thing.

[7,4,4]
Drug addicts cannot usually be said to be "Fans" of their addiction. Rarely is a heroin  addict going to be like "Aw man, Heroin is so great! Best decision I've ever made!". So asking what people think of the drug is often a dead end. They are often negative on it, or say that the effects are nice but they don't like the downsides. Its fairly predictable. However, you do manage to, with the help of Baxter and Gus, squeeze some info out about where to get some. Apparently there's a chemistry supply shop that will sell you some if you ask for "A vial of Terasodium"

which of you is Adam? Is it ok if I have the fragment back? I won’t use it any time soon
Rhea goes toward one of the moths and asks them what are you trying to learn about this place? What are you looking for?
Watch the moths work. Ask one of them about what they are trying to learn about this place
The question of "What they're trying to learn" can best be summed up as "Apparently everything".  Of course this is not the answer your question gets. The answer  your question gets is an exceedingly long, complex, meandering lecture about the nature of discovery, research, archeology, and the dispensation of grant money. Its not exactly a helpful answer other than that it proves these moths are basically just here grabbing random stuff.

Cooperate with the expedition, but if possible, try to take a look around with wizard eyes to get a better idea of the general layout of the place. Only do so if I have a chance to do it unnoticed by the moths however. Any points of interest that jump out?
Also, hand the relic fragment back for now. I’ll try to rp it out later.

Head into the digsite. Use the Voice to try to figure out stuff about the ruins. Specifically whatever Clare thinks is important.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
The two wizard eyed members do a general scan.  Adam Discovers nothing much; the general layout is actually pretty identical to what he saw from the labs: Its a big mostly circular or ovoid chamber with a bunch of buildings made of crystal in it. They start small around the edges and get progressively bigger and denser until they reach a major structure near the far end of the chamber, which is sitting on the shore of a pool of magma. That structure looks a lot like the first crystal city the team was forced to explore, though it and everything else is overgrown with what appears to be natural crystal growth. The city is growing wild without the external control of the crystal people.

Harm's search [19] gives her a headache and reveals nothing useful. The rocks whisper their histories so rapidly it becomes nothing but a high pitched whine.

Clate sidles up to the moths and writes in their general direction

"Friend moths, please listen to me. You are bringing me doodads, trinkets, baubles. This is a waste of a good oppertunity and not worth your time. I can lead you to the parts of this city that hold crystal people artifacts of true value. Just let me take the lead and I will be able to show you things that have not been seen since the crystal people last existed as a people."

Attempt to persuade the moths to let me lead the group.

If succesful, lead us towards the crystal uplink.

If unsuccesful, sulk and follow the moths for now while looking for actual worthwhile things along the way.

[15]
The moths seem uncertain. This idea of new goodies definitely excites them but...they highly dislike diverging from plans or doing things spontaneously. The major response you get to your offer is for them to  huddle up into a group and quietly argue in circles with each other. They don't even say no, you just seem to have stuck them in some sort of cognitive loop of "Shiny! But plan...But Shiny! But plan...But Shiny!..."

You get the feeling you could wander off and leave them there, oblivious to the world in their considerations, and they'd be none the wiser.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: November 29, 2019, 12:24:16 pm »

Clate sidles up to Kara, Adam and the rest of the team, and writes in their direction.

The moths are distracted, stuck in their own little world. Let us slink off so we can go straight to the important places of the city. Better to ask forgiveness than permission with these moths, methinks.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 231