Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386072 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2460 on: November 29, 2019, 12:52:23 pm »

”sure. I can follow you”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Follow Clate
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:33:27 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2461 on: November 29, 2019, 02:31:44 pm »

Kara thinks about it for a moment and then shrugs and gestures for Clate to lead the way. She follows, but not before she leaves a small note behind reading "went for snacks, back soon".

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:33:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2462 on: November 29, 2019, 04:01:22 pm »

Send Gus and Baxter out to observe the shop with special attention being paid to deliveries to the shop.
Enter the shop and ask for a vial of Terasodium.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 01, 2019, 12:28:18 am »

Bah, oh well.  If there's a bunch of workers being held, making a deal is less necessary.  Nyw will go into the jail and meet with workers one at a time, starting with those who have the most severe crimes.  The basic plan for each is as follows:

-Nyw will introduce himself briefly, basically just saying that he is an honored dead who's travels in search of destructive criminals, and who has set his sights on the person masterminding Haze distribution.
-He'll then state that he chose the specific person that he's speaking with as his single source (lying), and insist that they give him information.  If they seem at all sympathetic, he'll state that if the person helps him catch the mastermind, he will dedicate himself to protecting and freeing them (true).  If they refuse to help, then he will simply point out that since this person is the specific one he's visiting (lying), if he makes any progress in catching the mastermind, then they will probably target this person for revenge, as nobody knows whether or not they actually gave him information.  Unless, of course, Nyw succeeds--a captured mastermind won't be punishing anyone, so it's in the prisoner's best interest to help.
-If they still refuse after that, give up on them and go visit the next prisoner.  Try to be quick about it, so the whole "You're the specific person I'm visiting, and therefore have already been placed at risk" threat sounds valid.
-Don't stop questioning people if one actually helps.  Question them all, both to gain as much information as possible, and to ensure that his threat is definitely untrue.  Nyw really doesn't want to cause consequences for these people if he fails.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: December 01, 2019, 01:14:27 pm »

Leave the moths in their little discussion and lead the team towards the crystal uplink

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: December 01, 2019, 04:30:38 pm »

Join with Clate dearest.

While walking, think about black flames and what I know about them and how they work. They are connected to the sphere of En somehow, correct? Or are enchanted to cause 'wide range En interference'? Consider what this means both in terms of their likely construction and usage. Why is it that they seem particularly adept at banishing demons/diver-possessing entities from our realm?

(Asking because I'm considering some possible designs for ranged anti-demon applications of black flames, such as a broadhead crossbow bolt made with a black flame or some sort of grenade.)

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 01, 2019, 06:11:07 pm »

AsHul's just chillin in the Bore at the moment. No actions unless the Bore is threatened.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 01, 2019, 06:33:09 pm »

Follow Clate and try again to do some “history lessons” along the way
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2468 on: December 03, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »

Clate sidles up to Kara, Adam and the rest of the team, and writes in their direction.

The moths are distracted, stuck in their own little world. Let us slink off so we can go straight to the important places of the city. Better to ask forgiveness than permission with these moths, methinks.
”sure. I can follow you”
Follow Clate
Kara thinks about it for a moment and then shrugs and gestures for Clate to lead the way. She follows, but not before she leaves a small note behind reading "went for snacks, back soon".

Leave the moths in their little discussion and lead the team towards the crystal uplink

Join with Clate dearest.

While walking, think about black flames and what I know about them and how they work. They are connected to the sphere of En somehow, correct? Or are enchanted to cause 'wide range En interference'? Consider what this means both in terms of their likely construction and usage. Why is it that they seem particularly adept at banishing demons/diver-possessing entities from our realm?

(Asking because I'm considering some possible designs for ranged anti-demon applications of black flames, such as a broadhead crossbow bolt made with a black flame or some sort of grenade.)

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Follow Clate and try again to do some “history lessons” along the way
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)

Adam:

[5]
It definitely uses En, though anything beyond that is a guess. If you had to guess, it is quite a simple dive that causes a very powerful En working to be placed on whatever it is stabbed into with intent. One powerful enough to erase  whatever its hit with from existence, forcing the rest of reality to change around it. Its construction is probably quite simple, but it is still a highly dangerous dive considering how many times it must be reinforced. 

Harm
[13]
Close but no cigar.

[17]
Clate leads the way, mostly just following the already built -if overgrown- roads of the city. He uses his crystal sense to try and find a suitable uplink  to the consciousness of the city, meandering this way and that like a dog following a faint scent. Finally he finds what he thinks might be a suitable place: It isn't the major structure in the center of the city like he expected, but instead is a large building near the edge of the main city. Whatever that building is or was used for is impossible to tell now; its so totally overgrown that it seems more like a giant natural crystal than anything purposefully made or grown. He can sense it though; the regular and meaningful shapes within the lattice, the hollows within, and the strand of consciousness poking out like a single glowing nerve ending.
[10]
He reaches out and slowly begins to shift the crystal away. Its a difficult process, like untangling a cord, pulling apart chaotic lattices without shattering everything around them. Eventually a thin tunnel, just large enough for everyone to squeeze through on their bellies, is formed.  They squeeze through and find themselves in a small room, its walls a razor nightmare of inward growing crystals. The uplink is below, somewhere deeper into the building or maybe straight into the stone below it. There are passageways out of this little room, one shaft straight up, another a side passage which seems to lead to more rooms on this level. Its completely dark, outside of the light from the outside and any artificial sources. In the corner of the room is one of those barrel like structures.

Send Gus and Baxter out to observe the shop with special attention being paid to deliveries to the shop.
Enter the shop and ask for a vial of Terasodium.

Bah, oh well.  If there's a bunch of workers being held, making a deal is less necessary.  Nyw will go into the jail and meet with workers one at a time, starting with those who have the most severe crimes.  The basic plan for each is as follows:

-Nyw will introduce himself briefly, basically just saying that he is an honored dead who's travels in search of destructive criminals, and who has set his sights on the person masterminding Haze distribution.
-He'll then state that he chose the specific person that he's speaking with as his single source (lying), and insist that they give him information.  If they seem at all sympathetic, he'll state that if the person helps him catch the mastermind, he will dedicate himself to protecting and freeing them (true).  If they refuse to help, then he will simply point out that since this person is the specific one he's visiting (lying), if he makes any progress in catching the mastermind, then they will probably target this person for revenge, as nobody knows whether or not they actually gave him information.  Unless, of course, Nyw succeeds--a captured mastermind won't be punishing anyone, so it's in the prisoner's best interest to help.
-If they still refuse after that, give up on them and go visit the next prisoner.  Try to be quick about it, so the whole "You're the specific person I'm visiting, and therefore have already been placed at risk" threat sounds valid.
-Don't stop questioning people if one actually helps.  Question them all, both to gain as much information as possible, and to ensure that his threat is definitely untrue.  Nyw really doesn't want to cause consequences for these people if he fails.

[20][15]
[4]
Alex's attempt to gather some drugs goes rather disastrously. He walks straight into the shop, marches straight up to the counter and loudly asks for Terasodium while making intense eye contact with the clerk. After several minutes of the clerk telling him in no uncertain terms that they do not have any of whatever that hell that is, he is finally asked to leave and not come back.  Gus and Baxter do better, but only in so much that they don't do horribly. They see nothing of interest or importance, at least in their minds, and mostly complain about how stakeouts are boring.

Nyw on the other hand does make some headway. Most of the people are not willing to tell him much, but he does finally get a handful to open up. He notes that those who open up are those without connections, without family or friends to be threatened, those afraid only for themselves and thus reassured by his offer of protection. They don't know much individually; the operation is highly insular, telling workers only what they need to know in order to work and keeping anything about the overall structure of the operations hidden. Only through comparing stories and info can Nyw figure out that the raw material for the drug is being harvested in some caves that branch off this large cavern, transported into the city, worked into its usable form in various small warehouses which are constantly being changed up, before then being distributed via a constantly shifting series of storefronts.  Its a large organization and a highly fluid one, where many who work it have no idea they're actually doing so.  The nature of the upper echelons remain mysterious even with this info.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: December 03, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »

Head through one of the side passages

Genet1k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: December 03, 2019, 01:33:33 pm »

//goddammit, how did I manage to miss two turns?

Assume that Richard has been tagging along with Alex and Co.
Anyway, seeing as Alex was unable to obtain the drug, Richard waits for some time, then also walks into that same shop and asks for a vial of Terasodium (while trying not to act like a weirdo).

Spoiler: Richard Newguy, Human (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 01:35:29 pm by Genet1k »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #2471 on: December 04, 2019, 12:11:41 am »

Where were we, again? Argon looks for work, preferably work which keeps him moving around the world.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2472 on: December 04, 2019, 12:49:18 pm »

Take over the stakeout duty for them and send the two out to gather information again, hopefully they'll discover a second shop that's selling the drug.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 04, 2019, 02:09:40 pm »

Try to stonesense a more exact layout of this place, to find the best way towards the uplink itself, and also for hidden dangers/other stuff. Then take the side passage I feel is will lead me there, unless I've sensed some kind of trap or other danger.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2474 on: December 04, 2019, 04:34:39 pm »

"I'm thinking of taking a look at the upper floors. Anybody want to come with?"

"Oh, and remember, these places sometimes have protector-golems in them. They should leave you alone if you don't mess with them but do try to be careful. If you're opening storage barrels, watch out for security snakes hiding inside them."

Be sure to keep the Dynamo Lantern charged during our exploration to provide illumination for me and the others.

Order Crystal Friend to KINAKOVER : UNLOCK the barrel. Be ready to shoot any enemy that comes out of it with the Ethral rifle while it does so. If nothing comes out, very carefully approach and check what's inside.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 231