Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385722 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2490 on: December 11, 2019, 01:39:48 pm »

"Barrels of fun!"

I guess I'll carry the weapon in my backpack then.

Is this the sort of tablet with writing on it? If yes, try translating it (translate +1). Else, try deducing what it is (archeology +2). Maybe unlock the barrels and have a peek inside them to help give me more clues. The weapon near the entrance was probably intended for a guard, so maybe this is some sort of barracks or administration room for the defense of the uplink?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #2491 on: December 11, 2019, 02:02:12 pm »

Go to the place the honordead directs me and attempt to acquire haze. Whatever that it. Can I roll chemistry to figure out what kind of drug this is?
I don't have any money, so offer my services as a chemist. And if that doesn't work offer to sleep with them.
If they still won't give it to me, figure out if I could just steal some. Are all of these guys ethral? Ethral have terrible awareness...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 06:35:28 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: December 11, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »

Spoiler: Infos from discord (click to show/hide)

See if I can communicate with this entity in the same way I communicate with the overmind (though I technically haven't made actual contact yet) or the golems/crystal babies. If succesful, explain that I can in peace and wish to use th uplink to contact the overmind.

If not succesful, attempt to carefully enter the room. Back out if it gets angry at me though.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: December 11, 2019, 06:45:39 pm »

Follow Clate

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: December 14, 2019, 06:32:46 am »

Loom over a random moth, namely that one that just popped into existence in front of us and is controlled by Egan, and ask it for drugs.

"Hello there, little one!  I would like to buy some drugs!  Specifically, Haze.  Do you know where I can purchase it?"

After speaking to the moth, head to the shop where Alex previously failed to buy drugs.  If the moth volunteers to go in and beg for drugs, give him the "vial of terasodium" code name for it.  If he doesn't volunteer, Nyw will enter the shop himself as casually (or at least as casually as possible for a two-meter tall undead warrior covered in weapons and armor), and politely ask for haze.  If he's refused, he will calmly threaten to kill everyone there if does not get his fix.  I am aware that honored dead are probably completely immune to drugs.

Have the hirelings (and maybe the absentee PCs?) wait outside while this is going on.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: December 14, 2019, 06:43:37 am »

"Buy? No no, drugs for sharing. Would not dare to ask good friend to pay for the need, yeah?
But uh, honor dead corpse does not get high, right? Not even gets 'friendly'. What's the big guy need his haze on for?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: December 14, 2019, 06:48:13 am »

"Hmm?  Of course honored dead enjoy the effects of narcotics!  It is much better for us than for those whose blood still flows; we can enjoy all the benefit without any of the downsides!  Now then, can you direct me to haze?  If it is your custom to give out drugs for free, I cannot complain, though I will be in your debt!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: December 14, 2019, 06:59:49 am »

"Ah, ah. So dead men get high up in the sky too. Guess it really is like them old timey humans thought. See-"
Argon knocks on his chest.
"-Thought there weren't 'biological processes' going on in there, but I shoulda known, miracle of life makes it happen. Or miracle of death, right?"
The moth laughs at his own "joke".

"Uh, yeah, the haze. Argon, gonna not know where to find it, but maybe we look together, share?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: December 14, 2019, 07:04:32 am »

"Ahh, that may be ideal!  You see, a compatriot of mine did in fact hear about a place that was selling Haze, earlier, but they turned him away!  I do not know why, but I had already abandoned them as an option; my great size garners much suspicion.  But, perhaps you could go in my stead?  A local will surely be treated much more kindly than myself, disappointing as that may be."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: December 14, 2019, 07:39:51 am »

"Mm, yeah."
Argon twirls a tuft of his face-fuzz around his finger.
"Don't got money for that. Could beg or steal."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: December 14, 2019, 07:44:25 am »

"That... is a problem.  I do not have liquid funds, either.  Hmm.  Perhaps begging will work.  Should it come to theft, that might be best left to myself; I will be at far less risk than you, though perhaps I will have less subtlety.  Oh well.  We'll work with what we have!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: December 14, 2019, 07:53:53 am »

"Them moths not very, uh, observant."
He points to his eyes with all four hands.
"Always hidin' behind a mask, lost in thought. Unless they've got some more observant bunch in there, no need to get rough with 'em. Prolly won't even miss it."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2502 on: December 15, 2019, 11:39:40 am »

"Barrels of fun!"

I guess I'll carry the weapon in my backpack then.

Is this the sort of tablet with writing on it? If yes, try translating it (translate +1). Else, try deducing what it is (archeology +2). Maybe unlock the barrels and have a peek inside them to help give me more clues. The weapon near the entrance was probably intended for a guard, so maybe this is some sort of barracks or administration room for the defense of the uplink?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[20]
You stare at the tablet. Its...strange. You feel as though there is meaning in it; its clearly different from the walls around it and has clearly been affixed to a purpose made alcove in this wall. Its here for a reason and has a purpose but....you cannot grasp what that purpose is. Damn.

You check the barrels. One is empty, the other two contain the following objects.
1. What looks like a flexible metal net of sorts, seemingly made from hundreds of interwoven fishhooks. You strongly oppose touching it with anything less than a metal gauntlet.

2. Several of what look like fist sized opals in a roughly teardrop shape. No clear purpose.

3. What appears to be a shroud constructed out of mirrored crystal.

Follow Clate
Spoiler: Infos from discord (click to show/hide)

See if I can communicate with this entity in the same way I communicate with the overmind (though I technically haven't made actual contact yet) or the golems/crystal babies. If succesful, explain that I can in peace and wish to use th uplink to contact the overmind.

If not succesful, attempt to carefully enter the room. Back out if it gets angry at me though.

[2]
You reach out to the life in the stone and find it immediately rushing away from you like a lock opening. It didn't speak to you but you felt a definite acceptance of your presence here. You aren't, however, sure about the squishy creatures following you. Your presence is accepted as a matter of course it seems but they...they'd have to be "explained" so to speak.  It might be best to go down there alone...

You have your companions stay behind and move down the stairs until you reach the room below. It is dark but you don't really need light, surrounded by crystal like this. You sense your way over to the uplink and extend yourself into it. The enormity of it instantly overwhelms you. Its like standing at the feet of something many thousands of times your size; being stared at by an entire city. You realize almost instantly that you had things wrong. These cities are not the ruins of the crystal race; they ARE the crystal race. As are the golems and their tools and everything else here. Different forms, different levels of awareness, different purposes, but innately connected. Innately the same being.

Loom over a random moth, namely that one that just popped into existence in front of us and is controlled by Egan, and ask it for drugs.

"Hello there, little one!  I would like to buy some drugs!  Specifically, Haze.  Do you know where I can purchase it?"

After speaking to the moth, head to the shop where Alex previously failed to buy drugs.  If the moth volunteers to go in and beg for drugs, give him the "vial of terasodium" code name for it.  If he doesn't volunteer, Nyw will enter the shop himself as casually (or at least as casually as possible for a two-meter tall undead warrior covered in weapons and armor), and politely ask for haze.  If he's refused, he will calmly threaten to kill everyone there if does not get his fix.  I am aware that honored dead are probably completely immune to drugs.

Have the hirelings (and maybe the absentee PCs?) wait outside while this is going on.

Go to the place the honordead directs me and attempt to acquire haze. Whatever that it. Can I roll chemistry to figure out what kind of drug this is?
I don't have any money, so offer my services as a chemist. And if that doesn't work offer to sleep with them.
If they still won't give it to me, figure out if I could just steal some. Are all of these guys ethral? Ethral have terrible awareness...

[19][7]
The initial attempt goes poorly: neither of his "Services" seem desired. However, after being rebuked, Argon notices that the shopkeeper keeps rubbing the pocket on its coat, as though constantly reassuring itself that it has whatever is in that pocket. Argon distracts the shop keeper with the old "Hey look! A rare manuscript!" ploy that basically always works and then deftly pickpockets a single vial out of the collection of vials in the shopkeep's pocket. Argon palms the vial and then leaves before anyone can notice his action. He reconnects with Nyw outside and hands him the vial with a smug smile. Or at least as close as his insect face can allow.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: December 17, 2019, 04:33:44 pm »

Clate positively vibrates with excitement. Not only can the crystal race be revived, it had apparently never gone away in the first place. He attempts to communicate further with the overmind.

Why are we dormant, waiting? The other races think we died long ago. Why are we not claiming our rightful place in the world?

Please, what happened to us? What happened to me? I wish to understand.

Questions.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: December 18, 2019, 01:44:23 am »

Nyw lifts the vial up to his mask, staring at it intently.

"...I have no idea what Haze looks like.  Oh well.  Thank you, little moth, you have been most helpful.  Sadly, I have not been entirely honest with you.  I cannot partake in drugs, nor can I in good conscience allow you to indulge in such a destructive pastime as Haze.  However, once I have collected this bounty, you will be paid handsomely for your part.  Once more, thank you!"

Take out the shotgun, leave th3 other hand empty.  Carefully and politely open the door (don't want to cause undue property damage), then charge at the shopkeeper; grab them by the throat and lift them into the air, then loudly demand that they tell Nyw where they got the Haze, or else he will fling them off the walkway to burn in the magma below.  If they're a moth, add in a threat to rip their wings off, first.

If anyone else is present, point the shotgun at them while interrogating the shopkeep.

EDIT: Before all that, pour like 10% of the haze into a different vial and give it to Argon, Egan's character.  Let's just not question why Nyw would be carrying an empty vial, he's an adventurer!

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 231