Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385652 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2535 on: January 02, 2020, 12:40:40 pm »

Ask Clate if he can draw a map of the city for me based on that tablet info he now understands. Make a copy on whatever paper I have on me (eg. incomplete black book copy or back of city map). Then take a good look at the map, any areas that seem interesting or that look like they might have goodies? If yes, investigate!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2536 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:48 pm »

Hmm... Do I have any idea about the intent behind this room? Was it meant to celebrate their relations with other races? Was it meant as a teaching aid, something used by those who had encountered these races to show others what they looked like? Was it merely meant to be something aesthetically pleasing? Or perhaps something of religious significance?

Anyway, since I'm unlikely to be able to carry these things out without bringing the bore here, just try to document those alien races as best I can.

Then look around for any other information I can find on them. Maybe these races don't exist in this section of the underground but they might exist somewhere else and there might be info here on how to find them or at least their ruins. I wonder what wonderful shiny things I could trade with/loot from them...

Finally, make sure nobody is around to look at what I'm doing and... slowly approach the statue of the bird and... compare myself to it. Does it look like we Corven have any relation to them? Having wings... It sounds useless and terrifying and yet, it could also be a wonderful experience, being so free, flying like the Ethral can... Could those bird people be us-from-the-past? Or maybe us-that-took-another-path?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 03, 2020, 11:01:06 am »

Help Adam with drawing him a map of the city based on the tablet and what I can sense.

Then see if I can figure out what the overmind meant by this "The high energy weapons you've seen are examples of this. It says that someone upstairs has one.  In order to properly replicate and use these, you need to either be in a place with a high overmind concentration or to restore the overmind to what it once was.". Can I sense this 'upstairs' that it mentions? If so, try and go there.

If I cannot do the above, just go hang out with Kara for a bit.
Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: January 03, 2020, 11:27:14 am »

”I am not sure what I can help with, I don’t want to be useless”

Hotfire90

« Reply #2539 on: January 04, 2020, 06:29:22 pm »

Resume existing. Ask the man about the True Light and Awakened Eye, try to determine whether it's related to the drug operation.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 05, 2020, 06:40:01 am »

Welp, cult ravings?  That sounds thinky and fairly useless.  Tie the dude up, and then leave him for Alex to deal with.  Suggest that he be taken back to the bore for now, rather than directly to the authorities.

Then adventure into the city!  Go head to the dead drop location the chemist gave.  Investigate, look for clues!

...Also, can I have stats for the pistol?  Is it just one of the armory guns?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2541 on: January 06, 2020, 11:54:39 am »

Help Adam with drawing him a map of the city based on the tablet and what I can sense.

Then see if I can figure out what the overmind meant by this "The high energy weapons you've seen are examples of this. It says that someone upstairs has one.  In order to properly replicate and use these, you need to either be in a place with a high overmind concentration or to restore the overmind to what it once was.". Can I sense this 'upstairs' that it mentions? If so, try and go there.

If I cannot do the above, just go hang out with Kara for a bit.
Ask Clate if he can draw a map of the city for me based on that tablet info he now understands. Make a copy on whatever paper I have on me (eg. incomplete black book copy or back of city map). Then take a good look at the map, any areas that seem interesting or that look like they might have goodies? If yes, investigate!

[20]
Clate observes the map for a long while and makes several attempts to transfer it from the tablet to the paper. However, each time he simply cannot manage anything but a few scribbles before balking in frustration. He explains it as attempting to transfer a complex 3d shape into 2d and that he just can't think of a way to do it. But He does remember the map now, so he could offer suggestions or take people around using his memory.

As per this upstairs thing, that is in reference to Kara and her spiky stick.

Hmm... Do I have any idea about the intent behind this room? Was it meant to celebrate their relations with other races? Was it meant as a teaching aid, something used by those who had encountered these races to show others what they looked like? Was it merely meant to be something aesthetically pleasing? Or perhaps something of religious significance?

Anyway, since I'm unlikely to be able to carry these things out without bringing the bore here, just try to document those alien races as best I can.

Then look around for any other information I can find on them. Maybe these races don't exist in this section of the underground but they might exist somewhere else and there might be info here on how to find them or at least their ruins. I wonder what wonderful shiny things I could trade with/loot from them...

Finally, make sure nobody is around to look at what I'm doing and... slowly approach the statue of the bird and... compare myself to it. Does it look like we Corven have any relation to them? Having wings... It sounds useless and terrifying and yet, it could also be a wonderful experience, being so free, flying like the Ethral can... Could those bird people be us-from-the-past? Or maybe us-that-took-another-path?

[14]
You're uncertain what the significance of any of this is; though the general layout makes it seem like something of reverence or at least significance. Perhaps this is the equivalent of an embassy? Or a trade depot? Somewhere where the other races might see these statues?

You mark down information about these unknown races based on the statues and then search for anything else. [20] Sadly you cannot find anything more of use here; no tablets, no slabs, no further examples of art or artifacts that further explain the mystery of these races. Nothing at all.

You compare yourself to the statue. You're taller, though that might just be a result of scaling, and more lanky. These birds seem more squat, more condensed, and with a distinct forward lean, almost doubled over and hunchbacked in a way. The your faces are almost identical though; just slight differences in the size of the beak and eyes. Feet basically the same, though yours are wider splayed. The torso is really the biggest differentiation. You have no idea where you fall in relation to this creature, distant cousins, ancestors, an extinct branch, etc, but you are fairly certain you are related. You're too similar to be completely disconnected.

Welp, cult ravings?  That sounds thinky and fairly useless.  Tie the dude up, and then leave him for Alex to deal with.  Suggest that he be taken back to the bore for now, rather than directly to the authorities.

Then adventure into the city!  Go head to the dead drop location the chemist gave.  Investigate, look for clues!

...Also, can I have stats for the pistol?  Is it just one of the armory guns?

Assume pistol is pierce 1

You tie the dude up and drag him back to the bore, which has thankfully finished its repairs, and stick him in a room.

That done, you head back to the city and check the dead drop location. Its a fountain in a busy section of the city; specifically under the foot of one of the small statues that surround the fountain. There is indeed a small package wrapped tightly in black cloth tucked under the foot, out of sight.

Resume existing. Ask the man about the True Light and Awakened Eye, try to determine whether it's related to the drug operation.
[14]
You sit with the man for a good long time, trying to get him to either spill his beans or at least make more sense of what he was saying. You make some progress, though not much. In the end about the most you can say for sure is that the drug dealers and this cult seem to be one and the same and that they appear to be selling these drugs to advance the cult or fund the cult or something like that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2542 on: January 08, 2020, 07:24:22 pm »

"Hey Clate. Did you find what you were looking for?"

Hmm. If they had to conduct trade and/or accommodate other creatures, then... Look around for something that could house their equivalent of a crawler, something that could help move goods and other species around.

Also wonder what could be useful to those that are masters of rock. Organic goods? Magical artifacts? Art, stories, knowledge and news? If they were trading, what could they be trading for? Or was it merely a way to showcase their power?

Oh, wait! Maybe they needed food? ... Wait, have I ever seen Clate eat for that matter?

EDIT: Let Clate examine that Crystal weapon.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:53:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 09, 2020, 11:01:32 am »

"Hey Clate. Did you find what you were looking for?"

Clate sidles up to Kara, writing for her eyes only
Yes, friend Kara. I have succesfully made contact with the overmind. I have learned many things, I shall tell you when I am sure there are no prying eyes. I have also learned to read the crystal script. It is not actually the language of the crystal people, they had no need for such things. It was made to communicate with the other races.

Incidentally, did you pick up some kind of weapon? I felt like there was a sort of high energy weapon here. If so, may I see it?

Converse with Kara. Ask to see her spiky stick. If allowed, inspect it and see if I can figure out what it does and how it works. Be careful not to hurt any of my comrades though.
If anyone asks for translations of crystal script or directions using my 'internal map' of the place, help them out.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 10, 2020, 10:44:18 am »

Ask Clate to rack his brain to see if there are any areas that seem interesting or that look like they might have goodies? If any are found, investigate!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 10, 2020, 11:26:20 am »

Try looking for a new area we haven't explored yet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: January 11, 2020, 02:00:27 am »

((Precisely how does a crystalline octopus sidle?))

Unwrap the package.  Look at it.  If it gives a location, or hints at a location, go to that location.  If it does not, go look for the person the chemist mentioned, who recruited him.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 11, 2020, 02:49:09 am »

((Precisely how does a crystalline octopus sidle?))
This is how the octopus do

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2548 on: January 11, 2020, 04:52:39 am »

"Sure. I don't know what it does, but it's quite pretty, don't you think?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #2549 on: January 11, 2020, 10:11:07 am »

Ask him all about the cult, where they meet up, how many members it has, who its leaders are and how to join it.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 231