Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386022 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2018, 11:54:43 am »

Go grab those irregular stone slabs, grab a chair and pull it up if I can't reach. Anything interesting to be gleaned from them?

Oh, and if things are getting blown up, get out of the room or at least find some cover.

"Where to guys?"
"Through that doorway over there I suppose, though how we'll get through there remains to be se-"

Alex smiled as he looked at the doorway across the room. "Take cover, I'll create us a door." He said as he took out his TNT.
"BROTHER ALEX! Please, give us a moment to see if we can just open the door before you blow it up! "

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:09:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2018, 12:01:33 pm »

Take cover as Alex blows the place up.

Look around for clues without risking head to TNT explosion.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:13:55 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Hotfire90

« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2018, 12:21:26 pm »

"BROTHER ALEX! Please, give us a moment to see if we can just open the door before you blow it up! "
"Sure, try whatever you have in mind, just be sure to take cover if it doesn't work." He replied, his smile fading.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:24:02 pm by Hotfire90 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »

"Sure, try whatever you have in mind, just be sure to take cover if it doesn't work." He replied, his smile fading.
"Thank you for your patience. Don't worry,I have the feeling you'll get to blow some things up before this is all over." Adam said, patting the disappointed man on his shoulder.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 04, 2018, 01:28:40 pm »

"Bookshelf? Are those crystal books?

Grab some of those slabs on the left. Preferably before the church human gets his sweaty hands on them and presumably ascribes them to his god or something.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »

Good news everyone!

The DIG wiki is now live! Much like in ER and the original DIG, this is where we will gather all of the information about the game, from rules and mechanics to lore and worldbuilding. You can click this link, or the fancy link in my sig to get you there.

Currently, all of the info from the rules and lore docs have been added, as well as some additional stuff. However, most of the things that have been brought up in the thread up till now, such as the crafting recipes, aren't in there yet, so feel free to start adding them in! As always, editing a wikia page does not require you to make an account, so don't let that stop you. However, if you do make an account and make edits while logged in you can earn little DIG achievement badges that are almost as useless as they are neat to have.

If you don't know where to start, you can start by making a character page. If you want an example, you can look at this handsome devil to get an idea (thanks to paris for nifty templates*). You can use your own character page as your own playground, and you could use it to keep track of things such as personal goals or notes or more in depth physical descriptions of your character. Note that you'll still need to post your charsheet within your turns though.

Happy editing!

*and to everyone else who already helped cobble this thing together.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2018, 03:11:53 pm »

Clate stares at the ceiling barrels, mumbling slightly

"Yeah. Yeah, that there looks like good crafting."

If TNT is getting used, get in cover.

Can I reach these ceiling barrels somehow? If so, I'd like to take one down and inspect it, without trying to open it yet. Just see if I get a feel about how they're supposed to open. If nothing bad happens, gather as many barrels as I can carry with me.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2018, 04:03:21 pm »

Vikkan was a bit surprised by Kara starting to unbutton her shirt. The fact the Corven didn't have mammaries didn't make the action less strange thanks to ingrained culture about humans and their habit of keeping their upper bodies covered. The feeling of strangeness was partially mitigated when he figured out she wanted to do something risky with the crystal being.

"Yes, it might be a good idea to wait before resorting to explosions."

Look around for loot, escape and take cover in case anyone tries anything dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:16:24 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2018, 05:04:37 pm »

Wait for the explosion, then pickup some of the leftover chunks.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2018, 05:16:33 pm »

Continue doing nothing. Ride the Storm, be the Storm. Politely decline to have my head tinkered with by an unpracticed Diver.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:20:09 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »

Move to the weird doorway in the wall and poke it a few times, see if it opens magically or something.  Lay a hand on it and focus on it opening.  Then maybe punch it a bit.  Generally just molest the wall until it stops blocking our path, and go through once it does.  If it doesn't, shrug and either follow whatever entrance has been created by another person's meddling, or leave the room and brace while Alex blows a hole in something.  Then climb through said hole, if there's no magma or forest of crystal blades or whatever on the other side..

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2018, 07:15:05 pm »

If AsHul allows me to, take his Relic Fragment and use diving to cure him. I'm going to use Yengenze (Mind) then Udyne (Undo), with the intention of undoing the effects of the Silent Night. Reinforce both once.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 04, 2018, 07:30:23 pm »

"Kindly do not tinker with my mind, Acolyte. It is precious to me."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2018, 01:45:36 am »

"This temperature is very welcoming, compared to what we were dealing with outside. It is a pity that we will not be around here for too long."
Check for anything possibly valuable before taking cover.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 05, 2018, 04:35:10 am »

Take cover outside the doorway. If Alex blows himself up, loot his corpse.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 231