Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385613 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2715 on: March 29, 2020, 10:56:51 am »

Prevent Nyw and Rhea from getting into a fight with the police until after we get paid.

It's time to get paid, the police should have enough evidence to dismantle the operation by themselves now. Considering that our job was to arrest the leader behind the haze production and we instead discovered that their organization was part of a plot against the city and the Chthonic church and had even successfully infiltrated the government, demand that we get paid at least 3000 fathoms and negotiate for more.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: March 29, 2020, 01:37:09 pm »

Is the police building made of a stone-like substance? If so, try to stonesense sonar to figure out where they've taken the moleman and relay said info to my team.

If stonesensing isn't possible here, stay with Adam or Kara and pretend to just be another crystal automaton.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2717 on: March 31, 2020, 12:19:55 pm »

((Oh hey now that the raid is done I can take some time of and focus on those porta-))

Adam gets the documents first and manages to decode them fairly quickly. They use a cypher based on a passage from the black book which he recognizes almost immediately.
The documents are mostly records of running of the cult. Where the money is going, who is doing what, locations of drug drop points, etc. However, there are other, more interesting things in there as well. Namely, the fact that this cult was not a naturally occurring religion, nor a scheme to get money from the residents. Instead it seems to have been a deliberate fabrication to try to destabilize the city and undermine the authority of the Church here.  And this sect wasn't the origin of the plot, it references unnamed controllers who they are sending money and information to.

((HERETICS DETECTED MUST PURGE))

Would it be ok to say that Adam made a quick copy of the most important/interesting parts of those documents before we handed them over, in case we want to hunt down this insidious cult later and need the info from the documents as leads?

Take a look at the holy books as well (if we still have them). What kind of filth and lies do they contain?

Use wizard eyes to locate the moleman.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
I assume you still have them, since you got them first.

The holy books seem to basically be a repackaging of the traditional moth religion involving the light, search for knowledge, etc, but with new anti-cthonic bent on it. They basically portray the Church as the villain, attempting to keep the righteous ignorant. They've turned long standing tradition into a weapon of social uprising.

When you say to "Find the moleman" all I can imagine is this

Prevent Nyw and Rhea from getting into a fight with the police until after we get paid.

It's time to get paid, the police should have enough evidence to dismantle the operation by themselves now. Considering that our job was to arrest the leader behind the haze production and we instead discovered that their organization was part of a plot against the city and the Chthonic church and had even successfully infiltrated the government, demand that we get paid at least 3000 fathoms and negotiate for more.

Alex, before anything can go horribly wrong, runs over to the desk and turns in the wanted poster. [2] He even manages to negotiate for extra, bumping the total to 3000. Albeit not in cash, but in a bond of sorts that can be traded in at the bank for cash.

Is the police building made of a stone-like substance? If so, try to stonesense sonar to figure out where they've taken the moleman and relay said info to my team.

If stonesensing isn't possible here, stay with Adam or Kara and pretend to just be another crystal automaton.

[11]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If/when Nyw escalates and turns the situation into combat, assist him in the fighting using my cleaver
The police office is understandably overwhelmed by the sudden influx of prisoners and the team gets caught up in questioning, along with their police allies. As soon as they can break away and look for the mole to interrogate him, they find that he's been whisked off somewhere into the building, separated from the rest of the prisoners. They ask were he is and the officials are very slow to help, mostly saying they're either too busy or otherwise brushing them off.

REEEEEEEEEE UNACCEPTABLE.

FIND THE MOLE.  START SLAPPING COPS IF NECESSARY.  ESCALATE IF NECESSARY.  THEY AREN'T PROTECTING THAT BASTARD, NOT ON NYW'S WATCH!

Clate reaches out with his stonesense and after a moment of concentration tells Nyw exactly where the mole is.  Nyw and Rhea immediately sprint off, shoving through police and prisoners, sliding around corners and shoulder charging through doors until they finally burst through a door and end up in a sort of enclosed courtyard behind the police office. The Mole, out of his cuffs, along with several other cult members and a few others no one recognizes, are loading onto an armored crawler.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2718 on: March 31, 2020, 08:21:26 pm »

Split second decision time--is the crawler near enough that Nyw could get to it before it leaves, without making a dex roll?  If not, pick up Rhea and yeet her into the back of the crawler, while yelling "STOP THEM!"

Afterwards, or if the crawler is completely stopped and there's no risk of it getting away, CHARGE!  Unsheathe the Murakumo and hack at any enemies that aren't the mole, as opportunity provides, but the real target of Nyw's charge should be the mole.  Just physically run into him and bodyslam him into the ground.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2719 on: March 31, 2020, 09:05:20 pm »

Split second decision time--is the crawler near enough that Nyw could get to it before it leaves, without making a dex roll?  If not, pick up Rhea and yeet her into the back of the crawler, while yelling "STOP THEM!"

Afterwards, or if the crawler is completely stopped and there's no risk of it getting away, CHARGE!  Unsheathe the Murakumo and hack at any enemies that aren't the mole, as opportunity provides, but the real target of Nyw's charge should be the mole.  Just physically run into him and bodyslam him into the ground.

If Nyw throws me, get my cleaver out and focus on landing on my feed, then go towards the Mole and ask about the crate and what magic was used on it and what’s inside it. If Nyw doesn’t throw me and instead charges, charge with him

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2720 on: April 01, 2020, 01:49:34 am »

Go back to the bore to admire my beautiful pile of Crystal loot. Consider if I could use something like the statues or the old mole people trade goods to get some mole settlement to talk to me about their past and the old races or if their secretive nature makes that unlikely.

If anyone lets me know there's a car crawler chase going on, then take our own crawler and try to catch up. Try to pick the crew up first.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:24:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2721 on: April 01, 2020, 06:46:45 am »

Catch up to Nyw and Rhea. Attack the crawler with the moonblade's magic if I arrived in time and neither Nyw nor Rhea have boarded it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 01, 2020, 10:38:55 am »

Since Adam was also looking for Hans moleman last turn, can I assume I'm with the others watching him escape?

If yes: support my teammates with my rifle. Aiming to subdue/disable instead of kill preferably, but if these guys threaten to harm a teammate severely instead of surrendering then don't hesitate.

If no: write a long letter describing what we found and all of the relevant details on the cult we found. Be sure to mention this was part of a grander anti-church plot. Send letter to Leon.

((Note: I have a flashbang I could throw to try and disorient them to give us more time to close in, but since people are already moving up close this turn I'll hold off on that for now.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 03, 2020, 09:45:57 am »

Since I stonesense sonar'd the mole, have I got his location down? If so try and stoneform the ground their crawler is on so it cant move. Get closer first so the stoneforming is easier, but just fire off my action regardless of distance if I feel them starting to move away.
Alternatively, if I can stonesense the mole and his companions, try to stoneform around their feet to catch them in place. Or just stoneform spikes right through them, whichever I feel has more chance of success.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2724 on: April 03, 2020, 11:02:05 am »

If Nyw throws me, get my cleaver out and focus on landing on my feed, then go towards the Mole and ask about the crate and what magic was used on it and what’s inside it. If Nyw doesn’t throw me and instead charges, charge with him
Since Adam was also looking for Hans moleman last turn, can I assume I'm with the others watching him escape?

If yes: support my teammates with my rifle. Aiming to subdue/disable instead of kill preferably, but if these guys threaten to harm a teammate severely instead of surrendering then don't hesitate.

If no: write a long letter describing what we found and all of the relevant details on the cult we found. Be sure to mention this was part of a grander anti-church plot. Send letter to Leon.

((Note: I have a flashbang I could throw to try and disorient them to give us more time to close in, but since people are already moving up close this turn I'll hold off on that for now.))

[8,7,4]
[13,18,10]
Adam attempts to gun down hostiles but has little success. Nyw directly charges the mole, but the mole seems to anticipate it and nimbly slips to the side. Rhea is the only one who makes contact, shoulderchecking two of the moths into the side of the crawler and pinning them.

Since I stonesense sonar'd the mole, have I got his location down? If so try and stoneform the ground their crawler is on so it cant move. Get closer first so the stoneforming is easier, but just fire off my action regardless of distance if I feel them starting to move away.
Alternatively, if I can stonesense the mole and his companions, try to stoneform around their feet to catch them in place. Or just stoneform spikes right through them, whichever I feel has more chance of success.

[3,12]

The crawler suddenly lists like a sinking ship , submerging a good foot or so into the stone of the courtyard.

At this point there are 4 moths (two restrained), 3 humans, and the Mole.  The two free moths start waddle running away, trying to get to cover behind the half sunken crawler. The humans and the mole however, stand their ground.

The first human claps his hands together and a massive shockwave rolls out across the courtyard. [17,16,16] Nyw, Rhea, Adam are hurled backwards, slamming into the back wall of the police station as its windows shatter and its back door is blown straight of its hinges.  The second Human turns to the crawler and appears to attempt to tear it out of the  stone with his bare hands, but after a moment suddenly drops to his knees and holds his head in pain.  The third human steps beside the mole and seems to materialize a pike out of somewhere in her robes, setting herself as though to prevent a Calvary charge. The Mole bends down and, with one hand, tears out one of the massive paving stones of the courtyard, a square slab of rock at least two feet on each side. He proceeds to hurl it like a frisbee, straight at Nyw.

[1][Murakumo skill to +3]
Nyw, still recovering from the shockwave, doesn't try to dodge. Instead he hurls himself forward into an all or nothing overhead slash and cleaves the paving stone clean in half while also spiking it into the ground.

Go back to the bore to admire my beautiful pile of Crystal loot. Consider if I could use something like the statues or the old mole people trade goods to get some mole settlement to talk to me about their past and the old races or if their secretive nature makes that unlikely.

If anyone lets me know there's a car crawler chase going on, then take our own crawler and try to catch up. Try to pick the crew up first.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

You can level up.

You MIGHT be able to...maybe. The moles have never been known to share that secret, no matter what they are offered.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: April 03, 2020, 11:27:29 am »

”I’m not entirely sure why these people are after you, or why you are after them, I am curious about what kind of magic is used on one of the boxes you have and what you have inside it. Based on what I’ve just seen, you are excellent divers. Maybe instead of killing each other, we can trade knowledge?”
Talk to the cultists and try to understand why they are after the group. It is good to understand both sides of the battle
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:44:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2726 on: April 03, 2020, 12:43:12 pm »

((My action got skipped))

If I'm in the courtyard with the others, use the moonblade's magic against the human with the pike and instruct my phantom to attack the mole.

If I'm not, go there and do the above.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 03, 2020, 12:59:46 pm »

Get into cover!

Once there, yell on the radio to our teammates so they know what's going on and where we are. Then take some more potshots with my rifle. Focus first on the humans that are still a threat.

Order my crystal boyo to sneak around to the side, then tackle one of the enemies, preferably to the back of their knee or something.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2728 on: April 04, 2020, 10:02:59 am »

Diglevelup netted me one point of dex.

AsHul is disoriented from his recent enchanted adventure. He has heard soemthing about a gang ofcriminals, something about a band of cultists intent on bringing down the Church, and something about a crawler chase. Also, last he recalls, the Bore was in serious need of not moving at all until it had been repaired properly and extensively.

"Ah ... What has been happening in this realm since i have been away?"

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:09:23 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 05, 2020, 07:50:26 am »

Step 1: get close enough to the fight so that I don't have any disadvantage to my stoneforming
Step 2: initiate operation 'the hills have teeth'. If any of the enemies try and take over behind anything rocky, make their cover explode like a claymore mine towards them. If they stand still, make the ground swallow up their feet and crush them. If neither of these happen, just make spikes come out of the ground and skewer them or do the shotgun pellets trick from last fight again.

Should I sense one of my comrades coming under heavy fire, make them some chest high walls to hide behind.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 231