Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 128

Author Topic: DIG: Mummies Alive!  (Read 55281 times)

OceanSoul

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 12:08:26 am »

Also, I have a single question; due to the main currency, is another word for priceless “unfathomable”? Not that it matters, it’s just punny.
Logged
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Praefectus Screptum

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 01:15:33 am »

Quote
@Praefectus rolled 46. (11 + 13 + 2 = 26, 20)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nomad Bore.
 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 06:22:37 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Logged

Legendary Marksdorf

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 04:55:19 am »

Inventory: 7 + 4 + 7 = 18
((It's actually 3d20 +20, so your total money should be 38.))
((Oh yup, thanks, fixed it))

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 06:58:57 am »

Spoiler: For the good times (click to show/hide)
Voting for the Nomad.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:31:31 pm by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 10:50:38 am »

((It appears nomad bore is the clear winner.

Everybody who submitted a sheet is in, if anyone sees problems in other people's sheets, continue pointing them out like you already have. I'll look them over too but I can easily miss things, as I am a skeleton without eyes. I'm creating an OOC here. This starting quest is an intro quest, get you acquainted with things. Things will open up more after it. ))




You point to the bore you want with a jerk of your chin and  the papers are pulled away.  A moment later they are replaced with a map.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

A hand extends from the darkness and taps on the map several times, pointing at a particular spot. 

"See this? We're in Anvil and just deep of us are some ruins. Right here. I want you, and the rest of the idiots we've got, to go in there and get me a Relic.  Its a sphere; glass, black, about a foot in diameter, and filled with inextinguishable fire. You drive the bore down to it, you get the relic, you come back. So simple that you'd think it would leave no room for mistakes but we're gonna make extra sure. "

A metal collar snaps onto your neck, tight and heavy.

"I'm sure you've heard of Ethral prison collars?  Simple gadgets."  You get jerked back painfully as someone grabs the collar and turns a wind up key several times. "Its got a 24 hour timer on it. If you're not back in time, it blows up. If you fiddle with it, it blows up. If you do anything that pisses off my men on the bore, they blow it up."

The person behind you finishes with the collar and then drags you up onto your feet.

"I believe that will remove any foolish or contradictory thoughts from your mind and enable you to focus full on the task at hand."

The person behind you forces you to turn and then walks you out of the room. They push you through a doorway, down a covered causeway and through an iron airlock.  You're shoved into a room with about a dozen other people similarly bound and collared, with a few rather shady looking individuals on the edges of the room, guns in hand.  The airlock closes and one of the shady men walks  around, cutting the restraints off everyone.  Once he's done, he gestures to a door.

"This bore has lots of empty rooms but the control room is upstairs, boiler and engine room are down. Boss says you can take whatever route you want to reach the ruins but you've only got 24 hours so don't fuck around. We'll be keeping an eye on you too, so doubly don't fuck around."




Updated map, White human shape is your bore, just below Anvil.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No one has to specifically drive the bore, you can just say the path you want it to take. Driving skills only really come in handly when the bore needs to roll for something and normal movement isn't one of those things.


So, choose your angle of attack into those ruins and lets go.

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 11:39:55 am »

"Um. Hi everyone. I'm Kara." Kara said and waved awkwardly at the rest of the team.
"I-I think it might be best to go to where they told us as quickly as possible. I don't want to die. So maybe going through Journeyman's Path would be best? I mean, that way we don't have to dig all the way down." she continued, rubbing her wrists where the restraints just were.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:43:33 am by Parisbre56 »
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 11:45:24 am »

"...I'm not really used to traveling by bore. But I think we should take the Journeyman's Path and visit Mason."

"Uh, I'm Lokam... Nice to meet you."

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
Logged
Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Legendary Marksdorf

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 11:52:07 am »

"Hey. Name's Rick." Rick declares, looking in the general direction of the others.
"Even though we hafta stick together for now, that don't mean we hafta be best pals, so lets keep introductions short, aight ? The fastah we get tah diggin', the fastah we can get outta here." He adds, visibly annoyed by the recent turn of events.
"Ah agree with what bird girl just said. Goin' down the Journeyman's Path 's probably our best bet if we dun wanta kick the bucket."

Spoiler: 'Good ol rick' (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:52:34 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »
Logged

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 12:00:04 pm »

The mole's right, the faster we get there, the sooner we're done. Alex says looking at Rick.
We can shop for some additional supplies if we need to at Mason, should be the fastest route to the ruins too. Name's Alex by the way.
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 12:11:23 pm »

OFFICIAL NOTE
There was an error in the rules where the shluck stat block was straight 10's.  That wasn't intentional so its been updated. If you wanna change your sheet to be a Shluck because of the new stat arrangement, feel free to do so now.

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • blood blood blood blood blood blood
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2018, 12:21:44 pm »

"O-oh."
The small white Ethal eyes the room nervously. Predictably.
"Um, m-my name is Wiellste Gunsmithy. If your guns are damaged or something, you can ask me about itokay I'm going to go hide now biiiiiiiie."

Wiellste Goes and finds a nice empty room to cower in.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:26:05 pm by Egan_BW »
Logged
working on computers

do not turn off update

Praefectus Screptum

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 12:24:08 pm »

"Name's Garos. And I also agree about taking that specific path, as it seems we will be going down in a straight line, so that probably will take us less time."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:03:22 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Logged

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 12:29:10 pm »

”Yes, lets go through the tunnel, that’s fastest. But, I say we just blast through Mason, get right to the mission.”
The woman looks around at everyone silently for a moment. Then says ”By the way, call me Harm. Stay out of my way, and we’ll get along just fine.”
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

PyroDesu

  • Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2018, 12:52:23 pm »

Yer can call me Frax. I do rocks, minerals, gems, whatever comes from the earth, even a bit o' archaeology - and not a poor hand when it comes to scrappin', 'least when the other party doesn't knock me in the head from behind in the dark.

The big mole puts a large-clawed hand up to the collar around his neck.

I reckon y'all got the right idea so far - we're set on a timer so stickin' to clear passages much as possible seems the smart idea. But like Harm said, we probably best steer clear of the town itself. Get the feelin' our... employers... wouldn't like any attention.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:55:18 pm by PyroDesu »
Logged
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2018, 01:09:07 pm »

"W-wow, there's a lot of people here, isn't it? I think... I'm going to leave this in your hands. Maybe find a nice spot to read..."

Lokam, feeling anxious because of being in such crowded place, quickly goes find a nice and comfy room in which to rest and calm himself. Preferably away from loud places and other rooms.
Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
Logged
Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 128