Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384415 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #3000 on: June 29, 2020, 03:32:02 am »

"I maintain that this is a dangerous idea, but if everyone is willing to try it, I'll play along for now. Clate, could you please make sure you are ready to use your rock powers to shove the monster back in its tomb should things go awry?

By the way, will anyone be manning the big gun on the crawler by any chance? Best not leave that to me, I'm not very trained with it."

Ok, so since Clate was allowed to make black flame golems, can I have a shot at my plan for the crystal crossbow bolts then? Or at least have enough excuse to test the concept? (not right now of course).

Either way, stick near to the crawler for now, but make sure I have some silent night in my hand to be ready to respond quickly. 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:34:16 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3001 on: June 29, 2020, 05:42:22 am »

"If the bomb doesn't destroy the warrior, then I don't think that gun will do much. If we start running away, I'll make sure to shoot it in the hopes of slowing it down. But right now I'd rather focus on being ready to save my friends."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3002 on: June 29, 2020, 07:25:15 am »

"I maintain that this is a dangerous idea, but if everyone is willing to try it, I'll play along for now. Clate, could you please make sure you are ready to use your rock powers to shove the monster back in its tomb should things go awry?

By the way, will anyone be manning the big gun on the crawler by any chance? Best not leave that to me, I'm not very trained with it."

Ok, so since Clate was allowed to make black flame golems, can I have a shot at my plan for the crystal crossbow bolts then? Or at least have enough excuse to test the concept? (not right now of course).

Either way, stick near to the crawler for now, but make sure I have some silent night in my hand to be ready to respond quickly. 

(sure, no guarantee they'll work but sure)

Approach the cist and wait for the door to be opened.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
((Banelord, remember to post your sheet with your action.  I think it was last posted here.))

Tell Gus to accompany Rhea, and assist her in keeping the dumb civvies away and out of trouble.  They both have proper adventurer getups, hopefully they'll look serious enough to dissuade people from ignoring them...

As for Nyw, stand near the crawler, just far enough ahead to see the cist.  Watch carefully as Ashul and Alex approach.  Both murakumos drawn, ready for combat.  With any luck, his presence here is unnecessary, but our luck isn't great.

"Thanks Rhea. We'll let you know how it goes through our radios. If anything happens, contact us and I'll have the crawler back here as fast as I can."

Take the crawler a bit further down the tunnel, maybe just before the door becomes visible, so that we can easily reach it and use it to run away quickly, should it come to that.

"Alex, AsHul, I'll have Crystal Friend on standby close to you. The moment things get dangerous, I want you to get on it. I'll order it to take you back to the Crawler as fast as it can."

Have Crystal Friend on standby close to Alex and AsHul. The idea being that if things go south I'll order it to come back so that they can ride it back to the crawler.

Set up the telegrabber somewhere near the crawler, aiming at the Cist door. Transfer the Scope and Bipod from the Ethral Rifle to it, if it would help.
If things turn really badly I might be able to grab Alex's head before running and then have AsHul revive him. Again. The stasis enchantment should help keep his head "fresh".

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Maybe I could go out and watch them, Someone needs to be there to make sure they don’t go farther in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Exit the crawler and watch the people following us to make sure they don’t continue to follow the crawler
"I'm gonna follow along, just in case something goes horribly wrong and I need to spray bullets.

Follow from a distance.
"Perhaps Friend Clate wold be willing to erect a small barrier to dissuade their return. Ah,, but make sure we can safely traverse the barrier the opposite direction, should that be necessary.

Friend Alex. Are you committed to your goal of conversing with the monster?"

Exit the crawler and approach the Cist, carrying the neodymium collar. Leave teh bomb in the crawler. Don't want the Ancient to be forewarned. DO NOT open the Cist yet, but take up position to do so.

Rhea and Gus stay back as lookouts, making sure no nosy or inquisitive pilgrim decides to buck the social contract and run in to see whats happening.

Everyone else walks that long tunnel of diseased flesh, most on foot as the crawler trundles along beside them. Eventually Kara parks the crawler and gets out, leaving it just a little ways from the door into the cist itself. Everyone stacks up near that massive tomb door, with Ashul in the center, the flame gifted to him by the saint clearly visible now. Nyw unslings both swords and stands with his arms held wide and one blade in each hand. Kara stays back, pointing her makeshift telegrabber at the door while Adam squeezes a vial of silent night nervously in one hand.  Alex hangs somewhere in the center of the group, rifle  resting on his shoulder, creeping regret for trading his moonblade as collateral growing in the back of his mind.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: June 29, 2020, 01:04:27 pm »

AsHul looks around at the group, then back at Alex.
"You have one chance, Alex. Make it quick. I will not endanger the rest of the team to satisfy your curiosity.

The rest of you: you do realize that proximity to what is about to happen could be fatal to you, even, perhaps especially, if my modifications to the device work as intended?"

Wear neodymium collar. Open the Cist.

If the Ancient Warrior is at the door, close the Cist and bring the bomb to the door.
If the Warrior is in the center of the room, wait for Alex to approach it and communicate. If the Warrior kills Alex or makes to approach the door, seal the Cist and bring the bomb forward.
If the Warrior is not seen, close the Cist and bring the bomb forward, then open the Cist and cart the bomb into the center (or let the crystal cart do it, and stay at the door.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: June 29, 2020, 01:57:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Continue making sure the people stay where they are, while doing so, attempt conversing with them via small talk to hopefully distract from following
((I am really bad at small talk IRL, hopefully Rhea’s better at it, the idea is to get them talking/thinking of things other than the crawler))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:47:05 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #3005 on: June 29, 2020, 05:06:05 pm »

"There's no need to be worried about anyone being endangered. There won't be any danger to anyone as long as the door is closed behind me, it can't escape on its own anyway and it should have no reason to attack me either."

Get inside the cist before AsHul can close the door. Tell the warrior that I'm here to discuss the fate of the ancient humans, amongst other things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 02, 2020, 08:44:04 am »

Stick to the back of the group, near the flanks so I'm not right in front of the door. Have my golems spread out a bit, with chonky ramiel close to me. Be sure to be safe distance from the bomb, just in case.
Observe whatever fuckery happens once my teammates mess with that door.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:27:58 am by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 02, 2020, 09:26:11 am »

Go back with the crawler a bit to get to a safe distance from the bomb.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 02, 2020, 10:13:22 am »

Yeah, I got nothing to do really.  Stay in sight of the cist, just in case, but stay as far back as possible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3009 on: July 02, 2020, 11:05:58 am »

"There's no need to be worried about anyone being endangered. There won't be any danger to anyone as long as the door is closed behind me, it can't escape on its own anyway and it should have no reason to attack me either."

Get inside the cist before AsHul can close the door. Tell the warrior that I'm here to discuss the fate of the ancient humans, amongst other things.
AsHul looks around at the group, then back at Alex.
"You have one chance, Alex. Make it quick. I will not endanger the rest of the team to satisfy your curiosity.

The rest of you: you do realize that proximity to what is about to happen could be fatal to you, even, perhaps especially, if my modifications to the device work as intended?"

Wear neodymium collar. Open the Cist.

If the Ancient Warrior is at the door, close the Cist and bring the bomb to the door.
If the Warrior is in the center of the room, wait for Alex to approach it and communicate. If the Warrior kills Alex or makes to approach the door, seal the Cist and bring the bomb forward.
If the Warrior is not seen, close the Cist and bring the bomb forward, then open the Cist and cart the bomb into the center (or let the crystal cart do it, and stay at the door.)

As the rest of the team stays back and ready Ashul and Alex move forward. Ashul, very carefully, places a hand on the doorway to the cist.  It opens as it did before, the membranous door split by the hovering blade gifted to Ashul by the saint.  Deflating flesh peels away and reveals the room beyond. Unlike before, when it was a sterile white, this time the room seems to be a great open expanse. It is something out of storybooks and history for those that see it; a paradise long forgotten but still yearned for. The surface world.  The sky is brilliant blue, a flowing field of emerald green with great twisted trees and scattered monolithic stones. Its the ideal, the halcyon image of all nature before the fall. Animals walk here as well, moving silently through the scene. A bird alights on the hand of the man standing at the center of this vision and he gazes at it with sad longing. He is nondescript, so average and "normal" as to be completely uninteresting. He could be an amalgam of every man in the world, averaged out into a gestalt avatar.

Again you have come, Honored Remnants. the man says, his eyes still on the bird, And again I see you seek my end. This pains me greatly. But you have had time to reflect; at least one among you comes to me with questions.

He closes his hand over the bird and with a sucking flash of light the scene vanishes and all that is left is the sterile white room and the enormous mechanical being, cloaked in what appears to be a flowing river of images is video depicting humans and the world above. A stream of consciousness, made real.

Though your hostility disappoints me, and I have no intention to abandon my crusade, I offer you this olive branch. Make no violence, or preludes of violence, he looks meaningfully at the bomb, And I shall offer you none in kind.

He gestures to Alex and then to those behind him.

I will answer any question with truth, so far as my knowledge permits. It is my only wish that I can show you the error of your ways and place you again on the rightous path of your progenitors.  I extend this even to you, He gestures to Kara and the other non-humans, Though unknown to my builders we are united by our common tyrant, and you by a common ignorance to your slavery. I welcome you as well.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3010 on: July 02, 2020, 12:32:39 pm »

"Thank you for welcoming us despite our hostile intentions. I have learned much about the world of the ancient humans since our last encounter. I'm now mostly fluent in the language of the ancient humans and while my studies have led to some answers, they've raised far more questions.

While I have many questions about you and your mission, I first need to know what happened when the comet arrived at Earth. I already know about some of the properties of the comet, which is why I think it would be better if we continued our discussion in private."

Compare its answers with what I already know, also try to make this discussion private by talking to the warrior in the language of the ancient humans.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 02, 2020, 04:35:24 pm »

"I would rather your conversation be accessible to all of us, Friend Alex. I have made great concessions to allow you this opportunity to learn. Let the merit or fault in the Warrior's tale be judged by each of us. Why keep secrets from us now?"

Carefully follow the conversation. But more importantly, keep a close watch on the Warrior and his stream of conscience imagery and such. Ensure that it does not leak out from the Cist. Close the door at the first sign of threat.

Insist that the Ancient speak in our language, since he seems willing answer all questions of all present.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:41:41 pm by Ozarck »

Hotfire90

« Reply #3012 on: July 02, 2020, 06:44:16 pm »

Alex turns around to face AsHul. "There are two reasons. The first is that I still reserve complete control over all information regarding the ancient humans. The second is a practical one, if he can communicate with me in the language of the ancient humans, then that will prove to me that he's telling the truth.

I won't keep the contents of my discussion with him secret for long, as I will share everything I've learned once I'm done with my questions."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 03, 2020, 04:06:20 am »

Nyw lowers his weapons slightly, and steps closer.  "If you wish to retain control over all information gained, you believe it may be of worth to hide some.  Else there is no motivation to reserve the ability.  No matter; do what you will, Alex, but beware of consequences for your actions.  Guardian!"

Step closer, holding weapons lower to show that it's not meant to be aggressive.  Ask the guardian this:

"Do you believe me to be human as well?  What am I, in your view?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 05, 2020, 05:16:12 pm »

Clate scoots a bit closer in the hopes that the being can read his words, while staying close to his teammates

Excuse me, the only living crystal person here. Do you happen to know the Crystal Overmind or the Crystal Race? I am attempting to revive my race, but the gaps in my knowledge of our past are vast.

Ask guardian question.
Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 231