Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386433 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #3106 on: August 05, 2020, 01:18:16 am »

"I did not ask what the Warrior already knew. I asked what you told it."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3107 on: August 05, 2020, 02:24:11 am »

Ask on the radio
Did it go off? Do I still have to keep them away from the area?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3108 on: August 05, 2020, 02:31:38 am »

: It looks like the plan didn't work. I'm thinking we'll be going back to the bore, unless anyone has a better suggestion? : Kara said, speaking to the radio and to everyone around her.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3109 on: August 05, 2020, 07:45:42 am »

"Alex.  What does the being say it plans for the people of the underground?"
"As far as it told me it doesn't have any plans for us, it only wishes to resume its war. It didn't explain what this war was, but I think I already know."

"I did not ask what the Warrior already knew. I asked what you told it."
"Isn't it obvious? It already knew that we were planning to kill it using the bomb I built the moment we entered the cist. I only mentioned that when it became uncooperative in an attempt to get a reaction from it.

Where you are going with this AsHul? You already suspect me of treachery, so what are you planning? I think it's time for you to explain why you so carelessly locked me inside the cist and now imprisoned me again when you opened the door.

Anyway I have learned much from my discussion with the warrior and I as already told you all via radio, I got a few answers I didn't expect to receive during my discussion. I will share everything I learned once I've been freed from this prison. Clate, could you please free me now?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 05, 2020, 10:23:38 am »

"Hmm. If that bomb did go off and it is weakened but not dead, now would be the perfect time to finish the job... However, if it did not go off then opening that door now would be foolish, since we lack the best weapon we had and we were clearly underprepared as it is. I believe the risk to be too great to chance it.

I think we should consider our mission today a wash, cut our losses and return home, so that we may learn from our mistakes and plan for another day. At least we kept that thing contained, if nothing else. The sooner we are back, the sooner we can finish with the second part of the plan we all agreed to and clear up any lingering uncertainty."

He motions with the knife, indicating that he is ready to open a portal to return to the bore.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 10:27:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3111 on: August 05, 2020, 11:22:40 am »

"If you don't mind, I'd rather not leave the crawler here."
((I'm assuming the portal is not big enough to fit the crawler.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 05, 2020, 11:31:51 am »

"Agreed.  We should return to the bore.  Alex has gained a wealth of information which may be extremely beneficial.  Alex, I apologize, but you should remain in that box for now.  If Clate frees you, I will restrain you myself.  You have rather significantly antagonized the Cthonics, and while I doubt you are fool enough to truly require restraint, regaining trust will be easier if you accept their caution."

If Clate frees Alex, grab him and tie him up.  Do try not to hurt him, even if he resists.

Return to the bore with the others, staying near Alex's box, or carrying him if he is released and tied up.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3113 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:41 pm »

"Fine if that's what you want then I'll stay in here a little longer."

Stay in my coffin box.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 05, 2020, 01:21:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get back to the bore, make sure we aren’t followed back

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 05, 2020, 06:18:20 pm »

"Clate, would you assist me in battle? I would attempt one more time to destroy the Warrior, using your formidable stone shaping and my own Diving, plus the guidance of the Saint of swords.

Adam, I leave it to you to inspect Alex's brain for infection. If he's become host to the Warrior, then our mission has not only failed, but has backfired horribly. I remain, as agreed, one of the three who must agree before Alex is released."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 06, 2020, 03:20:56 am »

Is that a good idea? Just the two of us? Don't forget that the stone here is underneath a layer of weird stuff, so I am not convinced my stoneforming will be at its best here.

No offence, but since Nyw and Adam are heading back to the bore, I think I'm going to be joining them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:15:46 am by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 06, 2020, 03:25:31 am »

"If you don't mind, I'd rather not leave the crawler here."
((I'm assuming the portal is not big enough to fit the crawler.))

((Ah, indeed, I have the parts needed to make the crawler-sized portal but haven't had the time yet to finish the dive for it, good point.))

"Clate, would you assist me in battle? I would attempt one more time to destroy the Warrior, using your formidable stone shaping and my own Diving, plus the guidance of the Saint of swords.
Adam, I leave it to you to inspect Alex's brain for infection. If he's become host to the Warrior, then our mission has not only failed, but has backfired horribly. I remain, as agreed, one of the three who must agree before Alex is released."

"While I am honored by your trust, I am afraid I will have to decline your offer. The plan we all agreed on specifically did stipulate for you to be the one to lead the interrogation, especially since you are part of the group to decide in the end, so you know how much information you need to make the judgement. I will of course assist you with this endeavor should you require me to, be it through advise or action, but I won't take the lead on this, not this time.

As for having another go at the beast, I strongly ask you to reconsider. Forging ahead in these circumstances seems folly to me, and hubris. The warrior is probably ready and waiting for us right now, and we are lacking the tools, plans and manpower to do this. As you said, the saint is patient, and if you wish I can place a portal here so that in the future we will be able to return here with ease. I will also help with making preparations for our next and hopefully final confrontation."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:30:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3118 on: August 06, 2020, 11:17:27 am »

"Fine if that's what you want then I'll stay in here a little longer."

Stay in my coffin box.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Alex crosses his arms and waits.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Ony hands out 3 of the helmets to Ashul, Adam and Clate, wears one himself and readies the BOOLET MASHINE in case of sudden exit of horrors.

Helmets are dispersed as per Ony's orders.

"Agreed.  We should return to the bore.  Alex has gained a wealth of information which may be extremely beneficial.  Alex, I apologize, but you should remain in that box for now.  If Clate frees you, I will restrain you myself.  You have rather significantly antagonized the Cthonics, and while I doubt you are fool enough to truly require restraint, regaining trust will be easier if you accept their caution."

If Clate frees Alex, grab him and tie him up.  Do try not to hurt him, even if he resists.

Return to the bore with the others, staying near Alex's box, or carrying him if he is released and tied up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get back to the bore, make sure we aren’t followed back
Everyone returns to the bore. Well they return to the crawler, then head back to the bore while shooing away lookie loos.  They all make it back relatively unmolested and unfollowed.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 08, 2020, 02:09:34 am »

Nyw patiently waits for the divers to begin whatever work they wish, standing next to Alex's stone coffin.  He breaks his silence for no apparent reason, speaking without moving, or turning to face the small prison he's guarding.

"I am curious, Alex.  Why did you offer to speak with the warrior in its own tongue?"
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 231