Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385920 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2018, 06:48:34 pm »

"...What do you want my book for?"

I refuse to give my book unless it's for a good reason.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
"Collateral. I want my fragment back when you are done with the dive, Aspirant."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:14:17 pm by Ozarck »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2018, 06:51:59 pm »

"Kara." Vikkan started again, his voice firmer now, to get her attention. "They are flying and fast. Most of the group is staying behind. Getting yourself killed won't fix anything."

"There's no proof it wants to get the relic, and if it does get it, we'll likely be able to retrieve it easier if we are together and prepared, or do you want to interfere and be attacked by whatever that was?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2018, 07:03:53 pm »

Attempt to grab Kara before she runs ahead blindly.  Follow as fast as possible if unsuccessful, but don't tackle her or anything that could potentially harm her.

Try to stay ahead of the others if Kara is successfully caught.  Nyw is significantly more likely to avoid or survive any traps.

"No, Kara!  Stay with the group, the creature has no reason to destroy the artifact, it is one of us, even possessed!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 07, 2018, 07:28:29 pm »

"I think it would be best to wait for the Silent Night to time out and let you do it. I'm not really experienced in diving, as most of what I know about diving is only theory..."

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2018, 07:45:03 pm »

"But..."
Kara stopped running and turned to face Vikkan and Nyw.
"You don't understand! If it does go for the relic and... eats it-" she made a dismissive gesture with her hand to indicate the specifics did not matter, although with how tense she was it looked more like she was slapping the air "-then I won't be able to get the relic and I will die! So I have to stop it! I have to kill it. If I don't then what will I do?"
Kara put her clawed hands on her face to hide it. Her rapid breathing was visible as streams of condensation coming out of her break. She trembled due to the cold and due to the tension and adrenaline. Her mind was stuck thinking of how horrible it would be counting down the seconds to her inevitable death.

((I went ahead and cancelled my action. I won't try to dodge Nyw if he still wants to grab me.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »

"It's ok, I can tell why you're worried. Everyone is, even if they don't show it, but running alone headfirst into the dangerous unknown is more likely to get you killed rather than saved. Let's go back to the rest of the group and see if they're willing to move deeper in case they're done doing their exploration and looting." Vikkan offered.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2018, 10:01:51 pm »

"Dear light, that beast..."

Remain still.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
You stay extremely still. Its pretty easy considering you're still laying flat on your back under the shelf.

"I'm beginning to miss the library."

"I think, I think that was one of ours." Alex replied, still startled from what had just occurred.

He waited a while to calm down and then spoke. "That definitely wasn't natural, everything was fine until we went through the door." He glanced over to the now broken door. "Perhaps the others in the previous room know what happened."

Grab the crystal geode, if I can't reach it with my arms, use my shovel to scrape it off the ceiling. Should it react aggressively, bash it with my shovel.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[19]
You reach up to the geode with your shovel and attempt to nudge it off. That fails so you attempt to scrape it off. That also fails. So you attempt to smack it off, but this also fails. No matter what you do, it just trundles forward, uncaring, unyielding, and unstoppable. Or maybe you're just weak.

Clate's gaze briefly follows the diver floating by, before snapping to the now open door to the previous room. The barrels had fallen, and one of them was partly cracked. Clate adjust the cap on top of his helmet and grabs his shovel.

"Progress at last! Someone watch my back, I'm going in to collect whatever was in those barrels!"

Go check out the barrels. See if the cracked one is open enough to see what's inside. If it isn't, either use the shovel like a crowbar in the crack, or just whack it until it opens.
”Well, That really is unfortunate. But, we can’t slow down or stop now, so I’m going to get back to what I was doing before”
Check the barrels for what was inside. Also look up at the ceiling to see what was under the barrels.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Clate (Sheetless!) and Harm both head over to the barrels. Of the three, two are damaged. One is smashed like an egg, with a shattered hole a foot in diameter  in its side and long cracks radiating across it. It looks like if you gave it a good wack, it would shatter.  The other isn't open, but it has a huge crack running across its diameter  and looks like it might be easy to pry or smash open. They roll the open barrel up and clate shines his lantern down into the hole. Its nowhere near full, but there are several interesting objects inside.

The first you can see, rolling around on top of the others, is a sort of like a spherical pinec cone, a ball with a bunch of little protrusions all across its surface. Its an odd purple-pink color, appears to be made of stone, and makes soft whistling noises every time it moves. Each little protrusion ends in a small hole.

The second is looks like a snake or rope made of what looks like obsidian caltrops. Its coiled against the bottom of the barrel and remains there even when the barrel is tilted or rolled.

The third is a bunch of octahedrons that are scattered loosely throughout the barrel, maybe two dozen in total.  They're a darker blue than the stone of the barrel and judging by how they move when the barrel is turned or rolled, they are very heavy.

Lastly, there are three metallic rods, about a foot long and an inch thick. They're matte silver and dully shiny.

To Lokam:
"If you want to try to remove your collar, or to use Noth to lengthen the bridge I started, I'll allow use of my fragment. Only, place your Book on the floor over there or let me hold it while you do."

Stand up and walk toward the cavern. How close can I get before the light and heat become unbearable? Walk away from the cavern. How does that feel?
How long a walk would it be to return to Mason?
If Lokam wishes to extend my bridge via Noth Sige, and he relinquishes his book as collateral, allow him to use the fragment.
similarly, if he wishes to use Balaram Hel to transmute the explosives in his collar, allow use of the fragment. Just be sure to be on the opposite side of the mound of stone spikes when he does. Again, only once the Book is in AsHul's hands will he relinquish the fragment.

You get up. Ow. You walk over to the opening to the cavern. Oh thats bright. Thats very bright. You can look at it...well squint at it and you can survive the heat. Its not fun whatsoever but you can do it. You walk back. Still not great but you're starting to get used to it a little bit.

Its...miles back to Mason. You're not really sure how far. But pretty damn far. You think you could reach it, in time. And with this collar deactivated you're basically free. Still, its a heck of a walk.

The Aspirant refuses to give up his book so you keep your fragment to yourself.

"I think it would be best to wait for the Silent Night to time out and let you do it. I'm not really experienced in diving, as most of what I know about diving is only theory..."

"Give me the fragment"

"Give me the book."

"No."

"Then Also no."

"Diver failure, I think." Adam said with a grim demeanor they hadn't seem from him up till then.

"This ain't good, not at all. Who knows what he got possessed by.

Think about Diver possessions and how they can be counteracted without hurting the victim.

Then set off after him, but carefully so (don't just wildly run after him). Stay aware of my surroundings.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[15] Gah, you have no idea. You know all about how you shouldn't do stupid things with Diving and how it can go badly but...you really have no idea how to fix it once it happens. The only advice you've ever heard regarding it is to make a run for it or start killing things until things work themselves out.

"I think it was one of ours, but I have no idea what just happened." Vikkan said, taking a hand to his head and nearly taking off his cap upon noticing Kara starting to run after the flying person. "Hey! Are you sure it's a good idea to blindly run deeper into this place?"

Carefully follow behind Kara if she decides to run after the flying possessed teammate anyway, otherwise stick with the group.
Attempt to grab Kara before she runs ahead blindly.  Follow as fast as possible if unsuccessful, but don't tackle her or anything that could potentially harm her.

Try to stay ahead of the others if Kara is successfully caught.  Nyw is significantly more likely to avoid or survive any traps.

"No, Kara!  Stay with the group, the creature has no reason to destroy the artifact, it is one of us, even possessed!

"But..."
Kara stopped running and turned to face Vikkan and Nyw.
"You don't understand! If it does go for the relic and... eats it-" she made a dismissive gesture with her hand to indicate the specifics did not matter, although with how tense she was it looked more like she was slapping the air "-then I won't be able to get the relic and I will die! So I have to stop it! I have to kill it. If I don't then what will I do?"
Kara put her clawed hands on her face to hide it. Her rapid breathing was visible as streams of condensation coming out of her break. She trembled due to the cold and due to the tension and adrenaline. Her mind was stuck thinking of how horrible it would be counting down the seconds to her inevitable death.

((I went ahead and cancelled my action. I won't try to dodge Nyw if he still wants to grab me.))
So everyone followed Kara and Kara canceled her action.  Great.  So I'm gonna assume you guys all move up together, down the hall as best you can. Its not easy since the hall is such a wormy, smooth thing. You get to the end of it, scrambling and sliding, and find that once the thing curves left it starts spiraling upwards in a jerky, and inconsistent way. Up, further up the spiral, you hear stone being cracked and broken.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:25:52 pm by piecewise »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2018, 11:01:43 pm »

Continue climbing up the cave, making haste for the sounds of cracking stones.  Don't get too far ahead, though, stay within line of sight of the others at the very least.

"Do not worry, young one.  Even if the artifact is destroyed, your life will be preserved.  I do not intend to allow our captors to return you to their masters, and the collars can be deactivated by divers.  Divers more competent than a metallic creature incapable of speech.  This artifact is mostly important as a Chthonic marvel, and to placate our captors; if it is destroyed, we will simply have to explain the failure of our mission.  They will not trap us down here, their masters would never tolerate such a waste of valuable slaves."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2018, 11:17:08 pm »

"Could be better."

Well, proceed with the rest of the group.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 07, 2018, 11:36:53 pm »

Follow the rest of the group and remain in alert.
"Just how far they went? If we are truly talking about some sort of possession, could they be preparing an ambush or trap and luring us towards it?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2018, 05:04:19 am »

Gather up the octahedrons and the metal rods. Then, help get other barrels open.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2018, 05:15:42 am »

"I'm sorry, I- Thank you for trying to calm me and protect me. It's just..."
Kara sighed.
"I can't- I can't just trust a bunch of strangers with my life. If they chose someone like me or a Diver stupid enough to get possessed or-" Kara stopped herself before she started giving examples about those present "-how can I know anyone is competent? Or even sane?"

Try experimenting with my Crystal Friend. Could I stick its legs in the wall and use it as an anchor to help me and the others climb? I know it's a long shot, but if I'm lucky the legs will be more Resistant to perpendicular than vertical forces or this surface will offer better traction or something.

Regardless, climb up towards the noise. Every time I reach a landing, wait and help the others get up before moving on.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:04:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2018, 05:16:58 am »

Continue onward.

Muse on the nature of beings that possess divers and how their connection to this world/dimension works, perhaps that could give me ideas on how to sever that connection.

"I can't- I can't just trust a bunch of strangers with my life. If they chose someone like me or a Diver stupid enough to get possessed or-" Kara stopped herself before she started giving examples about those present "-how can I know anyone is competent? Or even sane?"

"Don't worry too much about it, your instincts told you to try and help a companion, that's a solid reaction. Just keep your eyes open and stay aware of what's going on and what people are doing, and try not to act too rashly, and I'm sure you'll be fine." he finished, his faint smile having returned.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:26:42 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2018, 07:11:28 am »

Contemplate Diving to complete my bridge.

1) Contemplate using two Dive - one to change some of the rock into steel and the other to alter the shape of the steel into a lattice walkway and rebar for reinforcing the stone  structure. The lattice walkway only needs to extend 40-45 feet from the current precipice to reach the nearest tower top, if I remember correctly.

2) contemplate using one Dive to achieve the same effect.

Goal is to get a feel for these two Dive options and how many reinforcements of spheres would be ideal. I have listed the rolls I think might be good, and wantto find out how I would need to tweak the spells for best effect.
Additional goal is to determine the risk to my nerve and the likely effects of failure.
Dive options are in the Spoilers

Spoiler: One Dive Option (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:27:32 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2018, 07:30:15 am »

Gather up the octahedrons and the metal rods. Then, help get other barrels open.

"Hey hey, don't go hogging all the material to yourself. Sharing is caring, you know. I don't suppose I could interest you in trading half of those octahedrons and a metal rod for either of these two things still in the barrel? Going 50/50 with the stuff in the barrels seems fair, don't'cha think?"

Poke the pinecone thing and the coiled snake thing with the handle of my shovel. If they don't really do anything, stuff them in my satchel. If they do react to poking, don't pick them up yet.

Regardless, help with opening the other barrels.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:33:07 am by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 231