Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386010 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3210 on: September 04, 2020, 03:01:37 am »

Does shoving someone else's head through count?  Other than that, you could dive to summon that knowledge to yourself. Or make a guess using what you know about that dive that created it. Chances are that it goes to someplace related to the spheres you dove, or the spheres themselves.
There is not that much info about the Xi and Noth spheres themselves on the wiki. Ask around in the church and to its divers for some more info on what it looks like, what creatures reside in those spheres, etc.

For safety, I'd say between 5-7.
If I worded the repair dive in such a way that it would allow the portal to be used as intended, but also keep the possibility for exploring that strange new destination, would 5-7 still be enough reinforcements?   

What you'd see in the diving vault would basically just be nothing since that place is so densely packed with enchantments. You might see a few bits and pieces of things like say, pneumatic spikes or remote demolition charges, but only bits.
Metal plates? Assuming any metal will do and they're not very big, 15 fathoms for the set of 10, or 2 per individual (they give you a bulk discount).  You're gonna have to give me an exact dive here, unless you're wanting to use a black flame...or something else?

Ah, sorry, I explained myself badly. I was trying to practice the 'deleting' function of my wizard eyes. Leon alluded to this a ways before:

"Exposure to the Word should create Living Saints or, more often, True Saints. Your interference with it has left you changed but...oddly. You should have had the mysteries of the spheres laid bare to you but instead their influence is hidden from you. A fitting punishment. But I wonder; you have had that vision of yours suffused with En; perhaps there is  more to that vision than you know. Tell me, have you ever tired to make something vanish from your sight?"
[...]
Practice those eyes when you have the time and the safety to do so. They may do nothing more than what you've found, they may to much more indeed. In either case, we must register you as a potential saint; the church will want to keep its eyes upon you. It is possible that you may become something far greater than you are now; if circumstances and God permits."

So yeah, not trying to dive, but to practice wizard eyes, and using numbered metal plates in case the En effect would make me not realize something got deleted otherwise. Practicing in the diving vault in case there are side effects to those eyes.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: September 06, 2020, 04:04:10 pm »

Clate ambles up to friend Kara, his gaggle of golems following along

Friend Kara, I recall you wanted to look into the costs of modifying the crystal mover for the molten heart. How did that turn out?
I'm interested in going on another expedition soon. Though if I cannot find people interested in another crystal expedition, I'm of course willing to join up for some other venture.

Quote from: piecewise
We can call it "Stonesmithing" for all your melee weapon stoneshaping needs.
Just to be sure, I didn't mean creating weapons to use. I've got weaponsmithing skill for that. I meant using my stoneforming in an offensive way. Creating spikes, launching chunks of rock/crystal at enemies, impromptu punji traps, crystal lazers, etc. Would that be stonesmithing, or more likely some other skill name?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:45:45 am by Pancaek »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 07, 2020, 12:02:43 am »

Clate, I’ll join you on an expedition, I went and bought fuel so we can go farther, if we want to go to the crystal tree or the superweapon, the fuel will help in either one I think

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 07, 2020, 09:47:23 am »

Clate, I’ll join you on an expedition, I went and bought fuel so we can go farther, if we want to go to the crystal tree or the superweapon, the fuel will help in either one I think
Thanks you for your interest and generous contribution, friend Rhea. We'll see if the crystal mover can be adequatly outfitted to venture to the molten heart. If not, we'll have to settle for the crystal tree.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3214 on: September 07, 2020, 12:26:23 pm »

Clate ambles up to friend Kara, his gaggle of golems following along

Friend Kara, I recall you wanted to look into the costs of modifying the crystal mover for the molten heart. How did that turn out?
I'm interested in going on another expedition soon. Though if I cannot find people interested in another crystal expedition, I'm of course willing to join up for some other venture.

Quote from: piecewise
We can call it "Stonesmithing" for all your melee weapon stoneshaping needs.
Just to be sure, I didn't mean creating weapons to use. I've got weaponsmithing skill for that. I meant using my stoneforming in an offensive way. Creating spikes, launching chunks of rock/crystal at enemies, impromptu punji traps, crystal lazers, etc. Would that be stonesmithing, or more likely some other skill name?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
I'd just bump your stoneshaping up 1 level then.

Does shoving someone else's head through count?  Other than that, you could dive to summon that knowledge to yourself. Or make a guess using what you know about that dive that created it. Chances are that it goes to someplace related to the spheres you dove, or the spheres themselves.
There is not that much info about the Xi and Noth spheres themselves on the wiki. Ask around in the church and to its divers for some more info on what it looks like, what creatures reside in those spheres, etc.

For safety, I'd say between 5-7.
If I worded the repair dive in such a way that it would allow the portal to be used as intended, but also keep the possibility for exploring that strange new destination, would 5-7 still be enough reinforcements?   

What you'd see in the diving vault would basically just be nothing since that place is so densely packed with enchantments. You might see a few bits and pieces of things like say, pneumatic spikes or remote demolition charges, but only bits.
Metal plates? Assuming any metal will do and they're not very big, 15 fathoms for the set of 10, or 2 per individual (they give you a bulk discount).  You're gonna have to give me an exact dive here, unless you're wanting to use a black flame...or something else?

Ah, sorry, I explained myself badly. I was trying to practice the 'deleting' function of my wizard eyes. Leon alluded to this a ways before:

"Exposure to the Word should create Living Saints or, more often, True Saints. Your interference with it has left you changed but...oddly. You should have had the mysteries of the spheres laid bare to you but instead their influence is hidden from you. A fitting punishment. But I wonder; you have had that vision of yours suffused with En; perhaps there is  more to that vision than you know. Tell me, have you ever tired to make something vanish from your sight?"
[...]
Practice those eyes when you have the time and the safety to do so. They may do nothing more than what you've found, they may to much more indeed. In either case, we must register you as a potential saint; the church will want to keep its eyes upon you. It is possible that you may become something far greater than you are now; if circumstances and God permits."

So yeah, not trying to dive, but to practice wizard eyes, and using numbered metal plates in case the En effect would make me not realize something got deleted otherwise. Practicing in the diving vault in case there are side effects to those eyes.

1. Noth is apparently hard to explain since its a realm of mathematics and physical constants. Apparently its rarely explored because it has has a bad habit of leading to places like  the realm of the concept of heat and reducing its explorers to plasma. Or just generally not being exactly livable.  Xi is...well remember how Xi allows summoning but drags whats summoned through a rather dangerous place that might eat it? Thats Xi. It drags it through Xi. To quote myself from years ago.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. So keep it as both a portal to an unknown place AND a portal as intended? I dunno if you can really overlap them like that without just created an entirely new dive to create the intended portal in the same space as the existing one. And...god knows what that would do.

3. Ah ok. Did you want to wait for nerve to recover for that? Mr. 14-6 nerve.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 08, 2020, 02:34:44 am »

3. Ah ok. Did you want to wait for nerve to recover for that? Mr. 14-6 nerve.

Of course. As I indicated in the original action:

Could I test out my wizard eyes in the diving vault? If yes, first rest again to let the nerve points restore (if not allowed disregard the test this turn). Buy a set of metal plates with numbers on them (say 1 through 10, how many fathoms per plate?) and try to delete one of them in the middle (hopefully if it works through En'ing them then the gap in the series will tip Adam off). Or maybe just focus on them really hard like and see what happens.   

So yeah, if you'll allow rapid inter-mission nerve recovery, then do the test. If not then please tell me when the nerve has recovered.

Also, thanks for the sphere description, added to wiki.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 09, 2020, 01:47:39 pm »

I'm now wondering about what kind of water cycle this place has.  If they dump all their waste water down towards the magma, it's gonna turn into steam and come right back up.  And since there's enough water above that it leaks, and they have so much water that they dump some amount of it without using it, this place is probably super humid at the very least.  I'm kinda more interested in this than the actual bounty quest.

Of course, Nyw is a heroic idiot, so blah.

Send Gus and Baxter back to the bore to inform the others.  This sounds like it's going to be a long bounty again.  Nyw himself will go explore the aqueduct system; he'll try to keep to tunnels that humans could survive in, since they likely don't have specialized transport, but since he's undead he might as well check even some flooded tunnels.  Just look for signs of regular passage, or people in general.  It'd be awesome to stumble across some little base used by slavers, but they probably just use these as a safe route to travel through...

EDIT: If the moth and bird want to ride on Nyw's shoulders and act as gun turrets, that's A-okay with him!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #3217 on: September 09, 2020, 02:59:34 pm »

Paris seems to be comatose for the time being, so I guess I'll go with Nyw for the sake of having something to do.
Be behind the Tank, keep my eyes open for anything useful. By which I mean analyze for usefulness anything I or Nyw happen to notice, because my eyes are always open yet I'm bad at noticing things.

If the water in the aqueduct would be a problem for me but not for Nyw, request to ride on his shoulders. You know, like a gun turret.

Spoiler: here's a moth (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:21:49 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: September 09, 2020, 03:07:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go into town and ask about life support systems for movers, figure out how much they cost, or what materials would be needed to craft them, etc.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 09, 2020, 04:00:13 pm »

Oh good Nyw is doing things, follow him and help him with climbing up the aqueducts if necessary.
Spoiler: Birb (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 09, 2020, 04:06:34 pm »

Wiellste tilts her head at Swis and gestures towards her revolver. "We have some rifles on the bore, it might be good for you to take one. I hear you're a gunslinger, and I am a gunsmith. I'd be happy to build you something, if you know what you want and there are parts."

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 09, 2020, 07:51:03 pm »

"Eh, never been too fond of Rifles, though if you can tune this" she gestures to the revolver "up some later that'd be great."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 09, 2020, 08:24:05 pm »

"I've never gotten to touch a seven-shooter before. I wonder if they really are 'cursed'."

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 10, 2020, 12:31:36 am »

Swis chuckles lightly "no, curses aren't real. There's only real thing that can guarantee success or failure."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 10, 2020, 12:37:42 am »

"Perhaps not a curse so much as an 'undocumented feature'. Those black flames the church people carry are supposed to double as a symbol and a cutting tool. And yet we discovered that it can make things never have been. If the Lucky Shot has such a reputation,  I would wager it resides in the same category."
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 231