Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384997 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3390 on: December 10, 2020, 02:34:33 pm »

I do wonder though: if a lot of the overmind's power is back and being channeled through you, where is this urge to assimilate still coming from, since it's clearly not coming from you, right, Clate?"   
"It is not, friend Adam, I assure you."

Clate talks to the room, adressing the Overmind.

"We've talked about this. Maybe you're slow on the uptake, so I'll repeat it again, but my condition for going on this journey to revive you was that we'd do things differently this time around. Cooperation and peace, Overmind, not repeating the mistakes of the past. As friend Adam said, there will be more than enough willing to convert to your embrace. There is no reason crystal and non-crystal cannot coexist. They will come to us peacefully, willingly, or not at all.

This weapon, or whatever you want to call it, was a mistake. Let us start anew. This weapon's existence ceases today."

The overmind is clearly fixated on this weapon, so for progress' sake I'll just have to remove it. Use my currently enhanced crystal powers to destroy it. In a way that doesn't kill us all, if possible, just render it inert and make it disintigrate into sand or something similarely low-key.

If overmind-kun tries to assert control over me to stop me from destroying the weapon, let it know that I will detonate the 5 TNT charges on me to stop it. If it still tries to after I tell it that, do exactly what I said I would do and detonate the TNT charges. I ain't playing around here, fool.
That is assuming the destroying my body will leave it with no body to control, of course. If I know that it will just immediatly jump to another body, don't suicide just yet.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:45:32 am by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: December 12, 2020, 12:04:26 pm »

Keep the teleporter knife ready to retreat in case things go pear-shaped.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: December 12, 2020, 01:09:00 pm »

Lets call it 500 Fathoms eh?

A representative of the church comes almost immediately after they put the wolfman in a cell. He looks like he's about to take the wolfman away somewhere so you intercept him to ask some questions before the both of them vanish forever. [1] For whatever reason the man seems willing to answer basically any question Nyw puts to him.

Alright, ask him who the wolf is, where the wolf came from, what it was trying to do, and whether it was under orders from the church to do it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: December 12, 2020, 03:46:08 pm »

Quote from: Piecewise
Where we going with this, fella? Is this when you plant the bomb? What's your end game?
Goal: Just wants to tinker

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3394 on: December 14, 2020, 04:30:35 pm »

Quote from: Piecewise
Where we going with this, fella? Is this when you plant the bomb? What's your end game?
Goal: Just wants to tinker

Well you're elbow deep in bore. If ya wanna tinker, go for it.

Lets call it 500 Fathoms eh?

A representative of the church comes almost immediately after they put the wolfman in a cell. He looks like he's about to take the wolfman away somewhere so you intercept him to ask some questions before the both of them vanish forever. [1] For whatever reason the man seems willing to answer basically any question Nyw puts to him.

Alright, ask him who the wolf is, where the wolf came from, what it was trying to do, and whether it was under orders from the church to do it.

The Wolf is a former Deepwalker who apparently undertook some pretty drastic body modifications utilizing both diving and other methods. The church has no standing affiliation with him, but they do have interest in his research. What he was trying to do exactly they're not sure, but he apparently figured out a way to mesh human flesh and inert metal in a way that remained alive and functional. This obviously was attainable with diving before but its believed he found a better way.

Keep the teleporter knife ready to retreat in case things go pear-shaped.

I do wonder though: if a lot of the overmind's power is back and being channeled through you, where is this urge to assimilate still coming from, since it's clearly not coming from you, right, Clate?"   
"It is not, friend Adam, I assure you."

Clate talks to the room, adressing the Overmind.

"We've talked about this. Maybe you're slow on the uptake, so I'll repeat it again, but my condition for going on this journey to revive you was that we'd do things differently this time around. Cooperation and peace, Overmind, not repeating the mistakes of the past. As friend Adam said, there will be more than enough willing to convert to your embrace. There is no reason crystal and non-crystal cannot coexist. They will come to us peacefully, willingly, or not at all.

This weapon, or whatever you want to call it, was a mistake. Let us start anew. This weapon's existence ceases today."

The overmind is clearly fixated on this weapon, so for progress' sake I'll just have to remove it. Use my currently enhanced crystal powers to destroy it. In a way that doesn't kill us all, if possible, just render it inert and make it disintigrate into sand or something similarely low-key.

If overmind-kun tries to assert control over me to stop me from destroying the weapon, let it know that I will detonate the 5 TNT charges on me to stop it. If it still tries to after I tell it that, do exactly what I said I would do and detonate the TNT charges. I ain't playing around here, fool.
That is assuming the destroying my body will leave it with no body to control, of course. If I know that it will just immediatly jump to another body, don't suicide just yet.

Clate moves a tendril and the weapon- along with the weapon room- crumble into sandy fragments. The overmind does not seem to put up a fight regarding this.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: December 14, 2020, 05:21:39 pm »

"Is... Is that it? Clate, have you... convinced the overmind to take a chill pill? If so, I propose we head back to the bore, unless you think the crystal race needs you here to help with an orderly re-establishing of crystal society."

I think we're about ready to head back, unless my teammates object and have something they still wanna do.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: December 16, 2020, 11:06:06 am »

"It seems so. The overmind did not attempt to resist my destruction of the weapon. I believe we have an understanding.

I am...unsure of how to proceed, friend Adam. There is much that can be done, because the Overmind and I do not the crystal race make. I could try and convert this place into a new stronghold for us from which to safely grow. But that would take time.

I would like to establish contact between the crystal and the other races as soon as possible, but I am afraid we are too weak to reveal ourselves now. If someone were to assassinate me right now, I am afraid the crystal will cease all over again."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 16, 2020, 11:33:20 am »

"It seems so. The overmind did not attempt to resist my destruction of the weapon. I believe we have an understanding.

I am...unsure of how to proceed, friend Adam. There is much that can be done, because the Overmind and I do not the crystal race make. I could try and convert this place into a new stronghold for us from which to safely grow. But that would take time.

I would like to establish contact between the crystal and the other races as soon as possible, but I am afraid we are too weak to reveal ourselves now. If someone were to assassinate me right now, I am afraid the crystal will cease all over again."

"Good to hear it, brother Clate. Today is a joyous day indeed!

And I understand your concern, the crystal people are in a bit of a precarious position still indeed. While I don't think you have much to fear from assassins knocking on your door, having some strong allies right now could only work to your advantage. As such, I would like to make a proposal:

I will give you a portal knife, so that you can stay here for a bit and reestablish this place as a home for the crystal people. This will allow you to return to the bore at your leisure and so stay connected to our group. In the meantime, we will return to the city, assuming we are able to drive the crystal mover using the control rods, or if you can remote control it for us. If not you can drive us over and I will instead leave the destination portal here for you to easily return.

I will then start working to set up a meeting between a church official and yourself to discuss the possibility of forging an alliance between our peoples. I believe the crystal race would have much to offer indeed, if your abilities are anything to go by. In return, the church as a representative of humanity could offer assistance, trade and protection, and if they are up for it could perhaps even help you find people willing to become fellow crystal men. If you are interested in that of course, none of this comes with any obligations, but just having a frank discussion will certainly reveal some opportunities.

Does this sound good to you?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3398 on: December 17, 2020, 10:48:58 am »

Take some of the weapon dust and whatever else looks valuable or might look good in a museum.

Edit: how would the average Corven and the rich and powerful Corven react to the return of the Crystal people? Would they be friendly? Would many convert? Would I have a good chance of acting as an intermediary?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:14:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: December 17, 2020, 11:06:59 am »

-snip-

"That seems like a good course of action, yes. I hope you will join me when the time comes to talk to the Church, as a liason.
Friend Kara, as well, when the opportunity to speak to representatives of the Corven race presents itself.

Please, also take anything you want from this place if you see something that interests you. If you want me to attempt to make something of crystal, now is the time."

Accept Adam's plan with the knife. Make sure Adam and Kara can safely return to the Bore/city with the crystal mover. Attempt to upgrade their control rods so they have full control of the movers. If that's not possible, see if I can't remote control it back. If that doesn't work either, pilot it myself and then come back here with the teleporter knife.

Once back here, start off with 2 things:
- Look over this ruin again with my newfound full crystal powers. Any valuable mechanisms/items/info we missed earlier that I can clearly see now?
- Now that I have my full crystal powers again, can I permanently change my form? If yes, take on the form of a crystalline Shluck environmental suit.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3400 on: December 17, 2020, 11:18:23 am »

"Well, I'm not sure how good of an intermediary I can be at this stage. But considering I'm in a position to form an exclusive trade deal with the shiniest and the best at acquiring shinies, I suppose that could change fairly quickly. I imagine your abilities could greatly improve the working conditions in Goldshore. We could even pass a law to ensure your safety with enough gold."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: December 17, 2020, 12:01:58 pm »

Carefully put everything back the way I found it. After y'know dusting off some filters, tightening some bolts, greasing some slides. Very important, very critical stuff probably.

"There, see, nothing to worry about......

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: December 17, 2020, 06:31:36 pm »

There’s probably a room somewhere here for crafting, we can see what materials are there to work with

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3403 on: December 17, 2020, 11:05:45 pm »

Take some of the weapon dust and whatever else looks valuable or might look good in a museum.

Edit: how would the average Corven and the rich and powerful Corven react to the return of the Crystal people? Would they be friendly? Would many convert? Would I have a good chance of acting as an intermediary?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You gather up some valuables.

As per the Corven reaction, some will probably want to poach them to make jewelry, others will be suspicious, but the general consensus will likely be "If they pay, we don't mind."

"Is... Is that it? Clate, have you... convinced the overmind to take a chill pill? If so, I propose we head back to the bore, unless you think the crystal race needs you here to help with an orderly re-establishing of crystal society."

I think we're about ready to head back, unless my teammates object and have something they still wanna do.

-snip-

"That seems like a good course of action, yes. I hope you will join me when the time comes to talk to the Church, as a liason.
Friend Kara, as well, when the opportunity to speak to representatives of the Corven race presents itself.

Please, also take anything you want from this place if you see something that interests you. If you want me to attempt to make something of crystal, now is the time."

Accept Adam's plan with the knife. Make sure Adam and Kara can safely return to the Bore/city with the crystal mover. Attempt to upgrade their control rods so they have full control of the movers. If that's not possible, see if I can't remote control it back. If that doesn't work either, pilot it myself and then come back here with the teleporter knife.

Once back here, start off with 2 things:
- Look over this ruin again with my newfound full crystal powers. Any valuable mechanisms/items/info we missed earlier that I can clearly see now?
- Now that I have my full crystal powers again, can I permanently change my form? If yes, take on the form of a crystalline Shluck environmental suit.

Clate effectively just tells the mover to take them back and listen to their commands. Its smart enough now to not need a pilot.

In terms of "Mechanisms"...well thats a bit of a misnomer you realize. Humans and others like them with their dead machines need to build very specific things. All their aligning with heat and pounding. The shapes here are...what they were when they needed to be. Energy can be redirected, turrets form and dissolve as needed, hallways shift and twist, things exist only when they need to. Even this weapon you've been messing with is something you could create in an instant. You wonder if this is is because all this power is being focused into you.

You shift your form permanently.

Carefully put everything back the way I found it. After y'know dusting off some filters, tightening some bolts, greasing some slides. Very important, very critical stuff probably.

"There, see, nothing to worry about......

You put everything back.

All this general tinkering without details makes me nervous.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: December 18, 2020, 04:58:49 am »

Clate effectively just tells the mover to take them back and listen to their commands. Its smart enough now to not need a pilot.

So yeah, Adam has given the portal knife to Clate and explained to him how to use it.

Once back on the bore, set up the working destination portal in the open position in an unused room so Clate can return to the bore when he wants to.

We are currently in Empyrean, right? Try to set up a call with Leon's disciple again, or perhaps even Leon himself if he's back again.

Finally, buy three +3 sacrifices (3x50 fathoms) and two custom knives like before (2x17 fathoms).

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 231