Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231]

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384518 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3450 on: January 19, 2021, 07:23:45 am »

I like the game, and would be interested in it continuing, but I imagine if you end it and start on something else we'll all enjoy that more.  I was considering having Nyw search for some kind of underground crusade to drag the crew into (along with his squad of NPC convicts and adventurers), but haven't had the motivation to pursue it--even beyond other players probably not being very interested in that.  I think I should play a more curious and adventurous character in the next game.

How close is Call of Earth to being a thing?
Its 133 pages in or something close to it. I'm working at 1000 words per day, or trying to. Not sure about an end date; as its hard to estimate creativity. But its still being actively worked on.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 19, 2021, 11:51:50 am »

I still like DIG and would like to continue. I'm just drowning in work and overtime these past two weeks due to Brexit bullshit, so I haven't been on the forums much.

The whole crystal race revival thing might be off putting to other players though, since they have little reason to care. So maybe it'd be better to work something out for the crystal race stuff to happen independently behind the scenes, so that Clate can rejoin the team permanently to have wacky adventures again? Rather than going off and doing things on his own. Maybe that'll be more interesting for everyone involved.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 20, 2021, 04:21:01 am »

((I'd also like to present something of a dissenting voice to what syv said, in that I'd rather have DIG continue than for it to be dropped for something else. 

Adam has been setting things up for his personal quest but there is no rush in this whatsoever, and like for Clate it's probably less interesting for other people to tag along for (though note I did enjoy the crystal mission), so we were also thinking about looking for a more action-oriented mission for people to sink their teeth into.))

PW, this is the list of open quest hooks we have encountered so far (note, list is outdated, Pan could you perhaps update it to account for the completed crystal questline once you have more time?): https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/Current_expedition/event#Available_Expeditions

Are any of these action oriented? Or at least of the type where everybody present could do things on their own without endangering the main quest (so unlike eg. a diplo mission)?

If not, have Adam look around the city and ask the church for an actiony or explory questhook.

Finally, remember that door leading into giant world, where things were really big? Could we go explore there or is that questline closed? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:23:07 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3453 on: January 21, 2021, 08:50:12 am »

((I'd also like to present something of a dissenting voice to what syv said, in that I'd rather have DIG continue than for it to be dropped for something else. 

Adam has been setting things up for his personal quest but there is no rush in this whatsoever, and like for Clate it's probably less interesting for other people to tag along for (though note I did enjoy the crystal mission), so we were also thinking about looking for a more action-oriented mission for people to sink their teeth into.))

PW, this is the list of open quest hooks we have encountered so far (note, list is outdated, Pan could you perhaps update it to account for the completed crystal questline once you have more time?): https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/Current_expedition/event#Available_Expeditions

Are any of these action oriented? Or at least of the type where everybody present could do things on their own without endangering the main quest (so unlike eg. a diplo mission)?

If not, have Adam look around the city and ask the church for an actiony or explory questhook.

Finally, remember that door leading into giant world, where things were really big? Could we go explore there or is that questline closed? 

Traveler's guild would be most action oriented. Ant exploration could be stealthy or not, depending on you.

That giant door is still there. Still giant. Its a permanent "ruin" on the map.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: January 22, 2021, 04:02:01 am »

Traveler's guild would be most action oriented. Ant exploration could be stealthy or not, depending on you.

Hmm, that sounds like "you could do it loud but doing it silent and careful is the better way to do it".

Any other leads for something actiony? Anyone looking for mercenaries perhaps, or any (church) business where undesirables need to be purged troubleshooters are required?

Secondly, for the various exploration questshooks we have open, which ones seem like the kind where people should have a lot of independence for looking around and getting things done, and which ones look more like they would require either coordinated team effort or depend on 1 person enabling them to get things done (like how Clate was indispensable for the crystal ruins, or how some explorations might really require the bore and thus relies on a pilot)?

Finally, for the traveler's guild mission, some inquiries (thanks wiki):
What will we be paid?
Does this also count as our initiations to the Traveller's Guild? Beceause joining the guild requires retrieving an artifact with their knowledge.[2]
If this is an initiation, we should ask what benefits and obligations are attached to membership.

We can raise it to 5 for each thing then.
So that's 20*5 + 5*5 = 125 gold then? Seems more reasonable already.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:51:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: January 22, 2021, 07:31:17 pm »

Give my fathoms to Adam as payment for a portal knife

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3456 on: January 31, 2021, 06:22:44 pm »

((Sorry for not posting. Been busy and was waiting for RC and gang to finish.))

I'm fine with the Traveller's Guild quest. Or maybe some job for the Seekers, Kara thinks they're cool, maybe killing some gangsters like the Iron Teeth. Or a job by Righteous Fury, that guy seems fun.

My character's goals are finding out more about the Korax, gain money by selling Crystal equipment and exploiting the warrior's flame, but these are exploration missions I can take care of later.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231]