Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385918 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2018, 12:54:01 pm »

"Have we found the relic already? This was way easier than I thought it would be.
Now how did any of you get into this room?" Alex asked as he looked at the other group. "You guys don't have a key, so how did you go through the door?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2018, 01:01:15 pm »

"What door? And what are you doing holding Crystal Friend? Last thing I remember I was holding it. I had just used it to go through the door in the room with the barrels."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2018, 01:07:17 pm »

Tch, what did you manage this time? Drett asks Vikkan, I do not know how you managed that, but that bleeding must be stopped.

Patch up Vikkan's nub, stop the bloodflow.

He had his hand a second ago, what even happened?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:15:35 pm by Gentlefish »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2018, 01:14:02 pm »

Tch, what did you manage this time? Drett asks Vikkan, I do not know how you managed that, but that bleeding must be stopped.

Patch up Vikkan's hand, stop the bloodflow.

He had his hand a second ago, what even happened?

What hand? What are you talking about? Vikkan never hand a right hand.

Hotfire90

« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2018, 01:26:42 pm »

"The door behind me, the one I entered the room through. Didn't you give me that crystal creature after we left the first room?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2018, 02:07:58 pm »

After the below conversation is over:
"Uh, is anyone here a Diver by any chance?"

"The door behind me, the one I entered the room through. Didn't you give me that crystal creature after we left the first room?"
"What?" Me? Give shiny Crystal Friends to someone else? And to him of all people? "Why would I do that? That doesn't sound like something I would do." Did I really do that? Was there really a reason for me to give Crystal Friend? Or is he lying? Maybe both our memories were altered? Or maybe he's a Diver and he erased our memories to steal Crystal Friend? But taking a risk like that just to steal a construct in this sort of situation sounds like overkill. Then again, you never know with those psychopaths. If our memories were altered, I wouldn't know what happened. Maybe he hurt Vikkan. If he did... Kara unconsciously gripped her rifle a bit more tightly.

((If you want to lie, telling the Corven obsessed with shiny things that she gave a shiny thing she instantly felt attached to to someone who she greatly dislikes because he could had hurt her and said shiny thing is not the best choice. Would had been better to say you found another one or that I gave it to Drett and he gave it to you.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2018, 02:31:27 pm »

"I didn't do anything. I've no idea what did this." Vikkan said in between gritted teeth as his stump bled. He truly had no idea what had happened, and why his right hand's nub looked freshly cut, like someone had decided to add insult to injury and get a slice off his forearm. He couldn't think properly since he had a bit too much to worry with bloodloss and pain.

Vikkan's just waiting to be treated and escaping/taking cover in case of danger.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:13:57 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Hotfire90

« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2018, 03:44:50 pm »

"You really can't remember giving it to me? That's weird." Alex paused for a moment, comparing the two conflicting memories. "Then again, it's also weird how me and my group just arrived here, I don't remember much after we left the first room, I only vaguely remember that we were chasing after a group of people, I don't know why though.

You can have it back if you want."

Give Kara the crystal creature and inspect the room for any other possible entrances.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

((There's no intent to lie, it's just that the memory on how I got the creature was filled out with a suitable expanation, since the event in which I originally acquired the creature never happened.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:11 pm »

"Hm."
Kara still didn't trust him. He could be trying to mislead them. But without her memories she couldn't tell for sure. And he was offering her shiny back. There's a good sign, right? Unless it's booby trapped... Still, she couldn't say no to a shiny.
"Thanks. This whole situation is pretty weird."
"Maybe you remember chasing us, since we were already here?"

((Ah, sorry, I didn't realize you were doing that. I took what Piecewise said quite literally. I basically imagine it like those stories you hear about people being Abducted by aliens and finding themselves somewhere else without remembering anything about what happened. Like this isn't Perfect Oblivion but a close approximation.))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:10:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2018, 05:53:19 pm »

"Now, something here does not add up."

I'm not a diver, but I have read quite a bit on the subject, and something about this situation reminds me of what I'd learned...
While I'm thinking, give Drett a hand, though try not to get in the way.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Hotfire90

« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2018, 06:04:39 pm »

"I have no memory of the chase, just that we were chasing after a group, unless there are other abductees searching for the relic, I'm going to assume that my group was chasing yours. However that still doesn't answer why we were chasing you and how you got into this room, I was the one who was in possession of the creature, so unless you found an alternative way in or managed to go through the door without the creature, you shouldn't have been able to get into this room.

Do you have any idea what could've caused this kind of memory loss?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2018, 06:06:37 pm »

"Oh hey, this rod made of Labradorite seems cool as hell. What do you say we first completely open the second barrel before we start dividing the loot, eh? I think there's some other stuff in there."

How many octahedron were the barrel I just smashed open? Also, try to figure out if they have any purpose. Do the same for the rod of Labradorite, though I suspect it might just be a pretty gem.

Get a sealable container out of my satchel and try to kinda of roll the second barrel to try and pour out the chrome stuff into the container. Regardless wether it works or not, hit that barrel dead center like I did with the previous one, since that seems to work to open then. Observe what's inside of it. If I didn't already do see, try to scoop up the chrome foil stuff into a sealable container.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2018, 06:23:42 pm »

The lizard extracts herself from the pile, shaking herself like a dog, ignoring the on-going conversation she skulks off to the center of the room where the artifacts lies. Her eyes stare down the artifact as she begins to circle around it. At the thrid rotation, she stops and grabs the handle of her bladed shovel and pokes the flaming orb.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2018, 06:40:28 pm »

"Somehow, this infinite, complex, alien, crowded, and dangerous situation is less worrisome than the possibility of being roasted alive. I must be missing something"

AsHul's gonna keep an eye out for functional looking devices on any conveyor that comes close enough to reach, small enough to pocket. If he can't ride the conveyor he is on past the mechanical arms, he'll hop off onto a nearby conveyor, or climb off onto a support structure. Otherwise He'll just stand carefully between cones and let the arms do their job around him.

Also, AsHul will be looking around to spot anything that appears lifelike. He has little desire to poke the natives, yet.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2018, 06:55:56 pm »

"...How did we even get here? I hope someone did draw some sort of map to make sure we won't get lost during our return...And is that orb what we are looking for?"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 231