Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381202 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »

Drett sighs, itching at the collar just.below his neck. I am all too familiar with these collars...

He steps aboard his new home, and asks the man who cut his restraints, since we only have twenty four hours, how long is it to the destination?

I am fine with the direct route. Dont want a TPK on the first mission after all!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:28:05 pm by Gentlefish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2018, 01:27:32 pm »

AsHul finds a suitable room and does a knowledge check:
1) how are these bombs typically detonated?
2) how are the 'bosses' keeping an eye on us
3) do these bombs prevent diving?
4) do these bombs have failsafes against tampering via diving?
5) is there something important about the bombs that AsHul knows that he hasn't thought to ask in the above questions?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2018, 02:23:29 pm »

The cloaked figure stutters to life, falling to their hands and knees. they rush into the dark interior of the bore.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2018, 03:10:34 pm »

Two things.  First, I specifically requested something weird for my sheet, namely starting with full armor rather than even rolling for money, which really seems like something you should actually say "Okay" to, rather than saying nothing at all.  I have the sinking feeling you didn't even see my sheet, which is quoted below.

Second, I'm playing an Honored Dead.  The undead guys who are explicitly fearless to a fault, throw themselves into danger willingly, and react extremely violently to anything they perceive as evil, like, say, kidnapping a bunch of innocents and strapping bombs to them.  Just seems like these guys are being very stupid, as threatening an Honored Dead with death isn't exactly a wise plan.  Is that intentional, meaning I should play my character accurately and hinder mission success as much as possible while trying to destroy the bomb (which, yeah, probably won't work, killing my char in the tutorial...), or should I just break character before the game even starts and play along?

Sheet.  I am very tempted to play a lizard sniper, but I somehow feel that goal wouldn't mesh well with the... current crew.  Plus I don't usually play paladins.

I request that I get to start with a full suit of armor, from my Honored Dead's past, instead of a normal inventory.  No items or weapons, but better armor than is in the armory, which will never be replaced.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2018, 03:45:24 pm »

Vikkan energetically rolls the tips of his mustache back into place, their symmetry somewhat ruffled after his head was smashed against a desk. "No need for that kind of happy violence either, I just love driving bores and I could do without the threats."

"Hello there, fellow kidnapees, I'm Vikkan. I drive bores and maintain furnaces for a living, and I agree that we should head down Journeyman's Path. We're on a time limit set by our employers, so I'd say we worry about fulfilling their conditions first and visiting Mason in a more pleasant situation."
he said, noticing the amount of people escaping after saying little or nothing at all.

The human lifted his cap and rubbed the back of his neck a bit. "Oh well. I'll head to the control room and get us on our way since it looks like voting's about done. I'll be there if anyone needs to chat, hide or want to help."

Start moving the bore towards Journeyman's Path and down towards our objective. Time is of essence!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:28:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2018, 04:02:46 pm »

"Greetings my surprisingly varied friends, pleased to make your acquaintance. Adam Blavatsky Darvaza, at your service.

Now, I would have to agree that following the Journeyman's Path and then veering off before we stumble into Mason and accidentally knock over the village. From what I heard, that path is wide and easily traversable for a bore.

Either way, my first question would be, who of us is the most proficient at driving a boring machine? Any of you got any relevant expe-"

Vikkan energetically rolls the tips of his mustache back into place, their symmetry somewhat ruffled after his head was smashed against a desk. "No need for that kind of happy violence either, I just love driving bores and I could do without the threats."

"Hello there, fellow kidnapees, I'm Vikkan. I drive bores and maintain furnaces for a living, and I agree that we should head down Journeyman's Path. We're on a time limit set by our employers, so I'd say we worry about fulfilling their conditions first and visiting Mason in a more pleasant situation."
he said, noticing the amount of people escaping after saying little or nothing at all.

The human lifted his cap and rubbed the back of his neck a bit. "Oh well. I'll head to the control room and get us on our way since it looks like voting's about done. I'll be there if anyone needs to chat, hide or want to help."

Start moving the bore towards Journeyman's Path and down towards our objective. Time is of essence!

"Ah, I see we have found our driver already, excellent! Tell me captain, would you mind if I observe you for a moment while you drive the bore? Sheer curiosity, you see, I've never seen one of these at work before."

Hopscotch along to the command center and take a looksie at how it looks and how our driver does his thing.

While we are moving, browse through my copy of the black book a little.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:46:30 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2018, 04:09:09 pm »

Two things.  First, I specifically requested something weird for my sheet, namely starting with full armor rather than even rolling for money, which really seems like something you should actually say "Okay" to, rather than saying nothing at all.  I have the sinking feeling you didn't even see my sheet, which is quoted below.

Second, I'm playing an Honored Dead.  The undead guys who are explicitly fearless to a fault, throw themselves into danger willingly, and react extremely violently to anything they perceive as evil, like, say, kidnapping a bunch of innocents and strapping bombs to them.  Just seems like these guys are being very stupid, as threatening an Honored Dead with death isn't exactly a wise plan.  Is that intentional, meaning I should play my character accurately and hinder mission success as much as possible while trying to destroy the bomb (which, yeah, probably won't work, killing my char in the tutorial...), or should I just break character before the game even starts and play along?

Sheet.  I am very tempted to play a lizard sniper, but I somehow feel that goal wouldn't mesh well with the... current crew.  Plus I don't usually play paladins.

I request that I get to start with a full suit of armor, from my Honored Dead's past, instead of a normal inventory.  No items or weapons, but better armor than is in the armory, which will never be replaced.

I dunno man, I don't like giving special things because then everyone asks for them. I wouldn't mind negotiating for different armor to buy and adding it to the list though.

Your guy would try to SMASH EVIL but he wouldn't just charge in and attack. He would wait and look for the best moment that didn't endanger the other innocent prisoners.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:51 pm »

I'll also join you in the Bore control, if''n you don't mind, Vikkan. Not much of a mechanic or operator, generally deal with rock tunnelin' and caves on foot, but it seems everyone else is scurryin' to the darkest corner they can find in here, so may as well join you. Who knows, might even learn something new.

Frax follows the two humans to the Bore Control. He doesn't move to touch any of the controls, but sets himself where he can see things as Vikkan works.

Spoiler: Mole Leno (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »

"Sure, the Nomad's a roomy bore. Just being inside one makes me satisfied. I've mostly dealt with furnaces and controls in industrial types, so Nomads have a nice niche in my heart, you see."

Vikkan gestured for both the moleman and the other human to follow him as he made his way to the controls with a long stride and the confidence of someone who was familiar with the layout. "Did they also let you pick a bore? I picked the Nomad, so unless they were giving me some special treatment maybe they made us vote. I'd wonder why for longer if I wasn't satisfied with the bore, even if not with the collars."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:56:06 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2018, 05:18:45 pm »

They asked. Personally figured industrial would be a good option, but I'm fine with nomad. Plenty of space to expand is always a positive.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2018, 05:30:40 pm »

"Pls no bully moth," the cute bundle in the corner mumbles, rubbing her head.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2018, 05:42:02 pm »

Kara was a bit overwhelmed with the number of people around her. She had no idea who was competent or not, who could be trusted, who could be useful, who was a threat. It was going to be hard remembering them all. But it was also kind of exciting. She was on the opposite side of the local area, traveling in a bore, meeting interesting people, going on an adventure in ancient ruins... It was basically everything she wished for! And yet now that she had it, she couldn't enjoy it fully. Not with that thing around her neck. She tried not to think about it and tried to ignore that nagging voice telling her 'be careful what you wish for'.

For now she decided to focus on what was most important. And for now that was getting the bore moving. That Vikkan person looked competent, but she knew looks could be deceiving. If he was incompetent or malicious, then he could cause serious harm. If he was competent, then that gave him power and influence and all her training told her that it's always best to befriend those with power and influence. Not to mention that other competent people should have come to the same conclusion, meaning she could also get to know them better as well. Either way, going to the bore control room was the most logical choice.

Examine the bore control room. What does it look like? How do we see the outside world? Is there a window or do we stare at instruments? Or do we use the window for walking around but close it when drilling?

Edit: Oh, how does the bore's AI communicate its status? Does the control room have something like a multi-purpose screen (maybe something like a split-flap display they have in some departure boards) it can use to speak? If not, would I be able to program it with certain vague responses to certain conditions/commands to give the GM a way to sass the driver and other players?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:10:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2018, 05:54:44 pm »

"I like the Nomad's mobility and roomy interior, so there's enough space for all of our temporary co-workers. Expanding probably isn't much of a possibility since I don't think we're being gifted the bore after the shady people get what they want. It'd be a good surprise, though, wouldn't it?"

"On a more serious note, I have the suspicion they would've done better by just hiring people."
Vikkan commented humorously as he arrived at the control room and quickly set about starting up the bore and getting them moving towards the Journeyman's Path.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 05:57:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2018, 06:02:47 pm »

The moth just glanced around and watched that large number of people making their way into the control room.
"It seems like we won't need to worry about the lack of drivers here. But we probably should try to get to know each other a tad more...And by that I mean informing us what you can do here, if you are good at fixing or fighting, just in case we face some troublesome situations , after all they wouldn't be handing us weapons without a reason."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:00:41 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2018, 06:29:59 pm »

"Hello again, sir Vikkan!" the short, crow-like Corven girl said as she poked her head into the control room, though with her accent the name sounded more like 'Thee-kkan' (it's hard to pronounce V when you have no lips, after all).
"Hi! I'm Kara, from before." she added, waving and taking a few steps into the control room.
"I just wanted to say, I'm very glad you think reaching our destination quickly is the best choice. Thank you for working on getting the bore moving."
She used her neutral flexibility to make a deep and polite bow.
"Would you mind if I stayed and watched you work? You see, it's always been my dream to be in a bore, and this is just so interesting, so if it's OK with you..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 231