Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385694 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Like I want your sorry ass to have my beautiful crystal babies
« Reply #555 on: August 08, 2018, 03:47:14 pm »

Fine, go back down and try to craft the sword. Again, use material from the barrel, and use the knife.
Inform comrades about not being allowed in the bore.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2018, 04:18:22 pm »

Assemble the golem by attaching the flat disc to its bottom and the hooks to the front. Carry the box of golem limbs with me for now and continue exploring with my newly assembled golem buddy.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Ia. Ia. Sige Fhtagn!
« Reply #557 on: August 08, 2018, 04:37:26 pm »

"There can be no growth without risk. If I am to escape this collar, I may as well harness it to our benefit, as well. Nyw, with your permission I will borrow your sword and reinforce it through Diving."

Pick up that golem. Borrow Adam's artifact fragment and the sword I made for Nyw.
Take all this and move to a place a short distance away from the others. Still within sight, preferably.

Estimate the material and action reinforcements needed to use Balarim and Sige for the purposes of modifying the crystal murokumo's structure, making it sharper, more durable, and more balanced.
If an estimate is available, make reinforcements accordingly when I dive. Otherwise, use the values listed.

• Confirm that I am in the Focused state. If not, abort.
  • Sacrifice the golem and the collar.
  • Sacrifice 1 point of Strength.
  • Dive via pathway 6 to Balarim.
  • Reinforce the Balarim connection 2 times.
  • Dive via Passage 20 to Yengenze.
  • Dive via Passage 14 to Es.
  • Dive via Passage 22 to Sige.
  • Reinforce the Sige connection 6 times.
  • Recall to Akhmah.
  • Modify the crystal murokumo as described above.

If I'm still alive and in control of my body, return the sword to Nyw and the shard to Adam.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:55:49 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2018, 07:52:43 am »

again, you don't recall to akhmah, you have a final nerve roll, and a final material sphere roll - in this case, Balaram.

You only do a recall roll when you are actually Diving INTO a sphere, and only when you wish to return to 'reality.'

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2018, 08:21:24 am »

"...It is your creation, Little Artisan.  If you believe you can improve it without endangering yourself, I have no complaint.  Do be careful."  Nyw says, before reluctantly placing the heavy murakumo on the floor in front of Wiellste.

Relinquish the murakumo to Wiellste.  Watch anxiously from the sidelines while she dives and works on it.

((If sacrificing the collar actually works without killing you I'll be amazed and greatly amused.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2018, 08:25:11 am »

"Ah ... it looks like another of us has freed herself from the collars. Well done, Miss. How many of us remain?"

AsHul checks on the Star Dragon, and contemplates the Depth he would need to Dive in order to issue a new command to It: a command to obey AsHul permanently.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #561 on: August 09, 2018, 08:33:15 am »

"I guess that means we're going to try to remove our collars one by one?"

Did I see any other doors in the room we found the Artifact or was the tower just one big room?

Can I try translating the last entry in the diary again? I mean, do I only get one shot or do I get another shot?

Look at the removed collar. Does it look like it has any ways to adjust its size or do they look custom built? Any other easy ways they could be removed made apparent when examining their inner side?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:35:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 09, 2018, 09:53:28 am »

again, you don't recall to akhmah, you have a final nerve roll, and a final material sphere roll - in this case, Balaram.

You only do a recall roll when you are actually Diving INTO a sphere, and only when you wish to return to 'reality.'

At the end of all the rolls for the creation of the spell, there is a final Nerve check to make sure the diver’s mind came back intact, not fractured or infected.

Hence, it is the roll to return your mind from the sphere to your body, because that's what's happening at that time, and the roll determines how well it happens. The final nerve roll is the recall, it just doesn't follow the passages. Like normal traversal, you successfully get from one place to another whether you succeed the roll or not, but failure has consequences once you get there. "Final Nerve check" isn't a very interesting name, so I call it recall. Because recalling is what is required at that point in the dive, and the roll determines how well that recall goes.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2018, 12:42:47 pm »

Looks like nothing's happening for now. Observe the construct for a minute or two, see if it does anything. If it doesn't, pass through the now syrupy door and check out that barrel.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 09, 2018, 01:53:44 pm »

Try again.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:47 pm »

"At least now we have our own key, now we can wander further to look for valuables."
Just keep looking for loot, and wait for Vikkan to open new rooms for them to examine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 09, 2018, 06:49:47 pm »

"Well, I'm up for an escape plan as long as we are freed from our collars or they are made non-explosive, though like I said I am no fighter and I'm too weak to be of much use even out of that. I can lend my mail shirt to anyone who wants to be part of the fighters." Vikkan told Kara.

Loot life with Garos.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 09, 2018, 07:35:33 pm »

Stick to Adam and continue exploring the place. Examine the walls and furniture of these ruins.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2018, 06:52:36 am »

"Given enough items to sacrifice, including the Shang-Gei's collar, I would be willing to attempt to disable multiple collars in one Dive, for expediency. However, failure of larger Dives can be compounded due to the complexity of such an action.

I can begin disabling collars immediately, if there are none with stronger connection to Balaram who are available to do so in my place. It would be wise to have another Diver on hand to help offset possible side effects though.

So, are any of you prepared to take the risk? I intend to render the explosives in your collar inert, unless you would prefer a different outcome."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09:40 am »

Stick to Adam and continue exploring the place. Examine the walls and furniture of these ruins.

"Seems like we haven't gotten lucky yet, friend moth. But fret not! Those who persevere, persistently triumph!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 231