Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385025 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2018, 06:37:08 pm »

The big mole lowers his voice as they walk into the control room. All honesty, Vikkan, not so sure this is quite as temporary as they might tell us. They kidnapped us and strapped bombs to our necks, I've not much confidence that they'll just let us go. I wouldn' be surprised if we wound up more 'permanent' crew... or disposed of.

As to why they don' just hire, I get the feelin' that they're doin' somethin' they don' want people to know about. I don't have too much experience with artifacts, but they're generally wanted by your Tenebrous church, if'n I'm not mistaken. And these people don' feel like churchmen.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:29:41 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2018, 07:02:46 pm »

"Sure, the Nomad's a roomy bore. Just being inside one makes me satisfied. I've mostly dealt with furnaces and controls in industrial types, so Nomads have a nice niche in my heart, you see."

Vikkan gestured for both the moleman and the other human to follow him as he made his way to the controls with a long stride and the confidence of someone who was familiar with the layout. "Did they also let you pick a bore? I picked the Nomad, so unless they were giving me some special treatment maybe they made us vote. I'd wonder why for longer if I wasn't satisfied with the bore, even if not with the collars."

"To be honest, I was too dazed and confused to make much of a choice at all, but it seems you guys picked a fine vessel indeed so that all works out. So, any guesses as to what we'll find down there? I get this feeling it won't just be a simply stop'n'snatch job waiting for us."

They asked. Personally figured industrial would be a good option, but I'm fine with nomad. Plenty of space to expand is always a positive.

"Beats having to bunk with half a dozen burly guys like you in a tiny room! No offense, mind you, but your muscly mass isn't exactly compact, you know." He said, and punctuated with a grin.

The moth just glanced around and watched that large number of people making their way into the control room.
"Seems like we won't need to worry about the lack of drivers here. But we probably should try to get to know each other a tad more...And by that I mean informing us what you can do here, if you are good are fixing or fighting, just in case we face some troublesome situations , after all they wouldn't be handing us weapons without a reason."

"I am somewhat good at plunging the secrets of the veil that separates this world from the others. Also known as diving, yes. What about you?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:05:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2018, 07:08:56 pm »

Spoiler: New charsheet (click to show/hide)

Clate heads over to the control room, poking his head inside.

"Hello, gentledrivers. Name's Clate, I'll be your resident handyman. Be sure to yell at me if something on the bore's broken. I'm sure you don't mind if I go stake out a room for our workshop?"

Go explore the rooms other rooms in the bore, and be sure to pick up any junk the previous occupants and/or our captors have left behind. Then, select a suitable room to later build the workshop in.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:10:56 pm by Pancaek »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2018, 07:25:17 pm »

"Beats having to bunk with half a dozen burly guys like you in a tiny room! No offense, mind you, but your muscly mass isn't exactly compact, you know." He said, and punctuated with a grin.

No, no it isn'. Frax gives a rumbling chuckle. Imaginin' a full mole crew, even in a mole bore - not much space. Part of why I tended to do post-boring work - lookin' for where the bore crews should drill next based on the rock.

Almost makes me glad it seems half this pressed crew is Ethral - they take up even less space than you lot. The other hand, if they treated them rough like they did me, I'm surprised half aren' comatose at best - they're not exactly the most sturdy people, eh?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2018, 08:00:48 pm »

No, no it isn'. Frax gives a rumbling chuckle. Imaginin' a full mole crew, even in a mole bore - not much space. Part of why I tended to do post-boring work - lookin' for where the bore crews should drill next based on the rock.

Almost makes me glad it seems half this pressed crew is Ethral - they take up even less space than you lot. The other hand, if they treated them rough like they did me, I'm surprised half aren' comatose at best - they're not exactly the most sturdy people, eh?

"What in the deep was up with that anyway, right? Some people let power get to their heads the second they get a whiff of it."

Clate heads over to the control room, poking his head inside.

"Hello, gentledrivers. Name's Clate, I'll be your resident handyman. Be sure to yell at me if something on the bore's broken. I'm sure you don't mind if I go stake out a room for our workshop?"

Go explore the rooms other rooms in the bore, and be sure to pick up any junk the previous occupants and/or our captors have left behind. Then, select a suitable room to later build the workshop in.

"Well met, brother. I admire your pro-active attitude, but wouldn't you say it is a little early for that?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2018, 08:03:52 pm »

Moku skitters through the pitch-black bore, looking for a nice, dark damp spot to settle down in, when she happens on a milky white morsel. She stalks towards her target, stopping a few feet away from the Ethral. Metal snake-like tongues poking out of her mouth.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2018, 08:04:36 pm »

"I am somewhat good at plunging the secrets of the veil that separates this world from the others. Also known as diving, yes. What about you?"

The moth gestured towards the rifle tied to his back before replying. "I am a gunner. So I will make sure to provide fire support from afar if we ever end up getting ourselves into a fight."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2018, 08:12:29 pm »

"It seems like we won't need to worry about the lack of drivers here."

The human was a bit surprised to find out that one of the moths had followed the group into the control room while most seemed to have either hid in a corner or escaped into one of the rooms. "I'm not much of a fighter. I drive, navigate and do maintenance and I've been doing those enough I'm good at them. I wear armor because cheap furnaces and cheap people can be a handful, but that's about it." Vikkan replied before turning his attention to the Corven female and nodding an acknowledgement of her presence.

"Would you mind if I stayed and watched you work? You see, it's always been my dream to be in a bore, and this is just so interesting, so if it's OK with you..."

"Thanks, Kara. And sure you can stay, we have a friendly crowd here already. I had the same dream once and you can say I keep fulfilling it each time I control one, so I understand that interest of yours."

The big mole lowers his voice as they walk into the control room. All honesty, Vikkan, not so sure this is quite as temporary as they might tell us. They kidnapped us and strapped bombs to our necks, I've not much confidence that they'll just let us go. I wouldn' be surprised if we wound up more 'permanent' crew... or disposed of.

When the moleman lowered his voice, Vikkan did the same. "It's better to expect the best and prepare for the worst, right? I'd also prefer not to irritate our wardens." he pointed out, still smiling.

"To be honest, I was too dazed and confused to make much of a choice at all, but it seems you guys picked a fine vessel indeed so that all works out. So, any guesses as to what we'll find down there? I get this feeling it won't just be a simply stop'n'snatch job waiting for us."

"Let's just hope our employers can't stick their faces in the location we're about to be in because of some kind of misunderstanding. More likely, we might see trouble but we'll have to deal with it as it comes. I'll like to get information from the rest of the crew to see what they're good at so we can coordinate and get this done without a hitch. I think a few of the Ethral are a bit shocked still."

"Nice to make your acquaintance, Clate. I can only do some basic bore fixing, so any help would be appreciated."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:51:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2018, 08:18:37 pm »

Drett raises his hand. I believe I shall be the resident medical professional. I should be able to patch you up well. Either with your own flesh or someone else's.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2018, 08:21:40 pm »

"Well met, brother. I admire your pro-active attitude, but wouldn't you say it is a little early for that?"
"Pish-Posh, we must create the means of production as fast as possible. The sooner we can start manufacturing the weapons, tools and narcotics needed for succes, the better."

"Nice to make your acquaintance, Clate. I can only do some basic bore fixing, so any help would be appreciated."
"Don't you worry even a bit, my friend. I am reasonably competent in mechanical, electric, weapon and armour repair, as well as the manufacturing of chemical, biological and occult products. The bore will want for nothing, so long as the parts are available."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2018, 08:29:49 pm »

Moku skitters through the pitch-black bore, looking for a nice, dark damp spot to settle down in, when she happens on a milky white morsel. She stalks towards her target, stopping a few feet away from the Ethral. Metal snake-like tongues poking out of her mouth.

"A-aahh! C-can I help you, er, miss?"
The Ethral takes out a revolver, cocks it, and points it at this... abomination?

"C-could you maybe- maybe not!? Go, go away!"

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2018, 08:49:19 pm »

Nyw stands around watching the others introduce themselves, not even attempting to socialize like a functional human.  Eventually he does break off, leaving to find the small white moth who called herself Wiellste.

Once he does find her, aiming a gun at a strange metallic lizard, he pauses again, waiting and watching.  After a couple seconds of consideration, he begins speaking, loudly and clearly. "We are all allies here, and it would be a grave pity for any of us to inflict wounds upon another.  Pray give the moth some space, friend."

((I swear I was gonna have Nyw visit Wiellste before I saw Yotta's post.))

First things first, count the number of "shady individuals" who are on the bore with us, and judge their apparent competence/attentiveness.  Are they paying attention to where prisoners go, or are they just lazing around?

Second, do they stay in groups?  I'm not going to ambush one alone, but if they're willing to get separated from each other, we might be able to overwhelm one before he pops anyone.

Edit: For the sake of GM positioning knowledge, RP has my char sitting next to Egan's mothkid.  And letting her examine his bomb collar, if that actually happens.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2018, 09:01:11 pm »

"Good thing we have a medic. I don't trust myself to sew a wound open, I'd rather risk burning it closed. What's your name?" Vikkan commented, glancing at Drett in the group that had amassed in the control room before turning his gaze to Garos for a moment.

"Did you see where the rest of the people went? I decided to get us started on our way as soon as possible, but they might need to be found just in case our guards decide to get violent with stragglers."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2018, 09:01:34 pm »

Nyw stands around watching the others introduce themselves, not even attempting to socialize like a functional human.  Eventually he does break off, leaving to find the small white moth who called herself Wiellste.

Once he does find her, aiming a gun at a strange metallic lizard, he pauses again, waiting and watching.  After a couple seconds of consideration, he begins speaking, loudly and clearly. "We are all allies here, and it would be a grave pity for any of us to inflict wounds upon another.  Pray give the moth some space, friend."

((I swear I was gonna have Nyw visit Wiellste before I saw Yotta's post.))

First things first, count the number of "shady individuals" who are on the bore with us, and judge their apparent competence/attentiveness.  Are they paying attention to where prisoners go, or are they just lazing around?

Second, do they stay in groups?  I'm not going to ambush one alone, but if they're willing to get separated from each other, we might be able to overwhelm one before he pops anyone.

((You don't have a gun or any weapon too. Or at least there isn't one in your inventory.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 231